Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

game files research:planet view, removed objects and beta open world willow creek (picture heavy)

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    CiarassimsCiarassims Posts: 3,547 Member
    Future content?
    giphy_1.gif
  • Options
    Forest_NinjaForest_Ninja Posts: 1,181 Member
    edited July 2016

Post edited by Forest_Ninja on
    "Video gaming began as an engineer's hobby and a means of creative expression for those of higher technical inclination. It is expected that those who are capable of higher engineering-related achievements will see value, in electronic entertainment products, where others see failure." -Sasquatch
  • Options
    FairyGodMotherFairyGodMother Posts: 7,406 Member
    lejoninna wrote: »
    what if the worlds were globes and u spun it around to get choose city???

That would be cool!

Maybe the world globe didn't work out, so they came up with the spinning toilet? Or was the toilet a clue?

*loves to speculate*
  • Options
    ScalesofGreyScalesofGrey Posts: 183 Member
    and finally these are the babies skin from the renders
    wfUyIWx.png

Huh, I wonder if these can work as default replacements.
    Welp. Tried them out after adjusting for size and err...
    HfLsDWV.png

The third one looks decent after I've increased the contrast + a couple of other minor adjustments.
    K2BfHIs.png
  • Options
    poisonedsodapoppoisonedsodapop Posts: 1,179 Member
    I think there were toddler renders in the game that looked similar to babies but didn't match up so I'm gonna go with those ARE toddler renders in the OP. Also there is such a disconnect in those datamined files. You can see the online aspects but then you can also see the regular sim game aspect of it. I do wonder how their management was handling turning this from an online to offline game.
    Hoping some day for some toddlers. But also dreading they'll never come. JK THEY ARE HERE!
  • Options
    KatsKatsKatsKats Posts: 976 Member
    Is that a color bar between the small telescope and the food cart?

I was wondering that, too. I thought at first it looked like a xylophone without the frame. I can't even begin to think what it really could be.
  • Options
    KatsKatsKatsKats Posts: 976 Member
    edited July 2016
    Don't you think guys that Maxis actually work on new The Sims Online or something like that?

Nah, I think that was old stuff. Rumors say they had been planning to make the Sims 4 an online game or at least multiplayer, but scrapped it when feedback was so negative.

EA never confirmed or denied the rumors, so they're still out there.
  • Options
    mrnhmathmrnhmath Posts: 750 Member

Here's another lost object that you might find interesting although it doesn't really appear to have been intended for anything more than reflection testing. I've placed it in a pond near the home of one of my sims as a collector's item...

test_object.jpg

Test_Object.jpg

Test_Object_Reflection.jpg

It's a deco object in the middle-class district of Oasis.
  • Options
    husseinandalihusseinandali Posts: 2,622 Member
    KatsKats wrote: »
    Is that a color bar between the small telescope and the food cart?

I was wondering that, too. I thought at first it looked like a xylophone without the frame. I can't even begin to think what it really could be.

Thats what i said is the toddler toy in the op but it could be enything
    yondu-guardians1.jpg
    over here i post my cc
    new: https://simsworkshop.net/members/g1g2.1032/
    old: modthesims.info/m/8847624
    you may know me as g1g2

• Options
    Forest_NinjaForest_Ninja Posts: 1,181 Member
    Have you noticed the three plumbobs in the catalog which are labeled "PlumbobPCMe," "PlumbobPCYou," and "PlumbobNPC" ?

From the catalog entries it's reasonable to conclude that these were created for one-on-one interactions between players within a live environment...
    me_you_and_the_npc.jpg
    "Video gaming began as an engineer's hobby and a means of creative expression for those of higher technical inclination. It is expected that those who are capable of higher engineering-related achievements will see value, in electronic entertainment products, where others see failure." -Sasquatch
  • Options
    SimsLovinLycanSimsLovinLycan Posts: 1,910 Member
    edited July 2016
    Welp. Tried them out after adjusting for size and err...
    HfLsDWV.png
    Now, imagine that creature saying in an echoing baritone voice, "Come, my child. Here, we have Juicyfruit." :D

Yes. My mind works in weird and warped ways. These images are pretty cool, though. It's always interesting to get a look at dummied-out content in a game. ^_^

There is a song I hear, a melody from the past...
    5MNZlGQ.gif
    When I woke for the first time, when I slept for the last.
  • Options
    Aeroprincess87Aeroprincess87 Posts: 6,417 Member
    06Bon06 wrote: »
    I feel jealous of the game that could have been :(

Me too. I'm looking at those pics and on the verge of crying. Why EA? Why!
  • Options
    KushakovKushakov Posts: 20 Member
    That's not a bat, it's a fish from the base game
  • Options
    Sid1701D9Sid1701D9 Posts: 4,718 Member
    edited July 2016
    They never took it out of the game, because the game still uses some online components, I think they purposely left the Online part of the Sims 4 out, but maybe a online open world will be added with a expansion pack or a game pack. I think the Online world would fit nicely in a game pack. So I think EA is being smart about the Sims 4 and starting offline like the Trailer and later on develop live play if they players are into it and if they get enough money to do it. The current Free to play model will be good and they can use those void cards in live play to unlock stuff.

Edit: Do you remember the Sims 4 trailer where it showed sims failing into the real world, well, that hasn't cam yet you have two worlds The Sims World and Maxis Sixam, There is two worlds in this game. What if Sixam was a reference to the real world, like the trailer two separate worlds and than comes the conclution bam a Multi player version of the Sims 4 shows up. so what if the Aliens in the Sims 4 world is actually really us humans going to visit the sims on their world, and what if the Aliens visiting us is also the Sims.
    This reminds me of a tv series called level up, that was cool I am very disappointed they canceled it.

Edit: Earth
    Sixam
    Maxis

So see the planet Sixam refers to the planet Earth so we are the Aliens visiting their world, so it makes since they will eventually come visit our world.
    Post edited by Sid1701D9 on
    Sid1701d-"I love my life, live my life and live to play, laugh and have fun."

"Love will Fight, Love will Win and Love will Survive."
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Whoa those world designs are really cool and those objects, I so want. XD
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    and a bat...
    N2aR2XY.png

Vampires where planned for Olympus. This shows that they intended to add the possibility for vampires to transform into a bat. (like in TS2)
    a256aFi.gif
  • Options
    EpicSimsEpicSims Posts: 397 Member
    " heres the objects that were removed from the final game whats intresting in these are the mens toilts , the small telescope,toddlers toy and cash register "

WHY WERE THEY REMOVED?!! THEY ALL ARE PRECIOUS ITEMS, especially urinals and toilet stalls!! I miss them so much in the game!!
    Sick!!

Oh, thank you for all your research and this invaluable information, by the way. How did you do that? Incredible!!
  • Options
    lovlyblovlyb Posts: 968 Member
    Wow! I so want those items and one of the worlds looks like the bayou with the houses.
  • Options
    aws200aws200 Posts: 2,262 Member
    The more you see of what could've been the less you see of a future for the now product. :'(
    1. The Sims 2
    2. The Sims 3
    3. The Sims 4 (5 years later its decent)
    4. The Sims 1
  • Options
    Callum2000Callum2000 Posts: 802 Member
    Those are not toddlers. They are babies for the sims 4 renders.

That's what they said. But they found a concept art for a toddler toy :)
  • Options
    xmeghnaxxmeghnax Posts: 42 Member
    That looks like a pet bed though, the one before the fridge. So pets? They were working on it?
  • Options
    knazzerknazzer Posts: 3,382 Member
    I'm not 100% but the bat texture is used for bats flying around the mining caves secret lot?
  • Options
    tuityfruity12ajtuityfruity12aj Posts: 1,508 Member
    Why did they scrap the small telescope? I miss it so much!!!

I agree, the one in game is way too big, bulky, and unrealistic :s
  • Options
    sam123sam123 Posts: 4,539 Member
    Oh very interesting. I like the world view and open world idea. Only reason I won't commit to TS4 is because of the no open world and toddlers. If they could somehow make those 2 things possible then I will buy all packs immediately.