Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Any way to force an alien abduction?

I've been playing this sim for about a week, he's a mad scientist and has reached level 8 of the scientist career. My entire mental story about him is that he's going to raise his alien offspring as a test subject in his underground laboratory of evil doom - which I have built... but no matter what I do, he won't get abducted. I have him 'contact aliens' every day. Sometimes a bunch come over, but they never abduct him. I know I could give him an alien kid in CAS but I want him to get abducted.

I tried downloading a mod that would ensure alien abduction and pregnancy but it's out of date and didn't work. I don't want to install something complicated like MC Commander.

Any ideas? He would be an elder by now if I didn't keep using potion of youth to reset him so I can play him the way I want. It's very frustrating.

Comments

• FairyGodMotherFairyGodMother Posts: 7,406 Member
    You are not getting an abduction because you want one. If you didn't want one.......you would get one :D

They did make it harder though, because people complained about being abducted too much, maybe that is why?
  • SchantalSchantal Posts: 3,082 Member
    Simsweetie wrote: »
    I've been playing this sim for about a week, he's a mad scientist and has reached level 8 of the scientist career. My entire mental story about him is that he's going to raise his alien offspring as a test subject in his underground laboratory of evil doom - which I have built... but no matter what I do, he won't get abducted. I have him 'contact aliens' every day. Sometimes a bunch come over, but they never abduct him. I know I could give him an alien kid in CAS but I want him to get abducted.

I tried downloading a mod that would ensure alien abduction and pregnancy but it's out of date and didn't work. I don't want to install something complicated like MC Commander.

Any ideas? He would be an elder by now if I didn't keep using potion of youth to reset him so I can play him the way I want. It's very frustrating.

I have noticed that alien abductions have basically become nonexistant, its almost like they were patched out of the game. I honestly forgot about them because they never happen anymore.....
  • MarmarSimsMarmarSims Posts: 183 Member
    edited July 2016
    do what @rosemow says, mods maybe broken after that patch.
    30uejra.jpg
    Origin: maritakoyaki
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,594 Member
    Hello
    Some things to do to help your sim to be abducted are
    for him to be in the science career ( like your sim is )
    to have the satellite dish and try to contact aliens,
    have him be friends with aliens ,
    having a high level in the logic skill can help ,
    having space rocks at his home and /or his inventory ,
    and using the " out of this world" desktop that is unlocked with the science career at level 10 to "contact aliens"

I hope that your sim gets abducted very soon.
  • TessaLee74TessaLee74 Posts: 278 Member
    MC command center isn't really that complicated. I am new to mods and use it. It was the only way I could get my Sims abducted after weeks of trying the non-mod way.
  • GruffmanGruffman Posts: 4,831 Member
    There is no 100% way to force an abduction without mods.

Due to complaints the odds of getting abducted was reduced, and the change of actually coming back pregnant is like 40%. So even if he does get abducted, there is a stronger chance he won't get pregnant.

What the others have said does increase the chances. Make friends with aliens, put some space rocks around the house. use the alien computer and/or the satalite dish to contact aliens ( you can't use both at the same time, just one).

I do use MC_COMMAND CENTER. It looks complex, but it really isn't. With it, you can guarantee your sim to get abducted.
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    You might also consider moving in an alien friend for a little while... have them in disguise if you want to maintain appearances. Make them a lab assistant or helper at home. When I had a group of aliens they were always getting abducted. Or put them in a locked room with a cooler and basics to live on lol.. if you have some story where you aren't friendly to them. I have scientists now and they do get abducted but it's not as frequent. Lately I've been setting my satellite to prevent abductions though, so I don't know if the latest patch affected anything.
    egTcBMc.png
  • ChloeDeCookieChloeDeCookie Posts: 2,467 Member
    There's advanced debug mod.. That gives the option to force an alien abduction ad I remember. Its outdated but there's a new version that's linked in the mods comments..i think @rosemow also has the link
    To all you beautiful people out there, have a lovely day.
  • feetinstockingsfeetinstockings Posts: 4,264 Member
    edited July 2016
    I caved in and downloaded MC I didn't think I could use it. but it is really easy. I want my male sim to get abducted and his getting abducted every night, I think I have the frequency too high, but as yet he hasn't come back pregnant. you can also use it to get females abducted and pregnant to. My sim and his wife get taken every night.

in a previous saved game I had a sim in the science carer and level 10 he never got abducted even with the satellite dish and the desk. and having many alien friends. it never happened.
    I hope your sim gets abducted and impregnated.
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,552 Member
    I complained about my Sims NOT getting abducted amidst those complaining too much of it was happening. So, of course EA tweaked it a bit and I was sitting there saying, "Oh, but I haven't even experienced it yet, and now you've made it all the harder?"

However, all was not lost. I am in the midst of Pinstar's Legacy Challenge, which has me playing only the one lot in this game save, and I'm now heading toward gen. 7. Without having a Scientist until just recently, (Rory is my Gen. 6 Heir) and I've had several abductions. The Challenge is to be played on "Normal" length, which makes me wonder if that has anything to do with it. My Gen.2 Heir was first abducted, but he was already an Elder, so no baby. However, his son and Heir got abducted moments before his wedding! I nearly panicked knowing that he'd be gone for a few Sim hours, so I had his bride click on the wedding arch and then thought to myself, "Oh, no, now you just blew it!" He was returned almost immediately and the wedding took place. Suffice it to say, both the bride and the groom ended up preggars and giving birth on the same day, just hours apart. Now, you would think he'd give birth first, since he was obviously impregnated before she was. When in fact, she gave birth first to a girl. I had them both listening to Alternative music, too, which had always worked for me in the past, as an aside. Then he gave birth, too. A girl to which I was decidedly disappointed, since I learned his wife was only a few days off of Elderly. :open_mouth: And I'm playing a Patriarch. However, my Heir wasn't finished. No, he had twins! The second one being a boy. Yay!

Then Nathaniel got abducted after the twins (triplets, really) were older and I thought the family would be expanding. Thankfully, no. My Founder, now an active ghost, however also got abducted. Later on Marc's twin sister got abducted, just as his child was being born. So, take heart, and be patient and keep playing just the one lot. It may yet happen for you, too.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • SimsweetieSimsweetie Posts: 562 Member
    41486c32e1a519a06a59748b3befa9c7.png

ec4511c46f7089d2fc4dada033332c18.png

Okay so I caved and cheated by downloading MC Commander and setting it to alien invasion with pregnancy chance of 100% but hey I worked for it first. ;)

Hello @Simsweetie :) It is great that you downloaded MC Command Center mod and that your sim was abducted and is now having a child! Congratulations on the upcoming birth of the alien baby! :)
  • HannahcleolaHannahcleola Posts: 252 Member
    I have had my sims be abducted alot recently in TS4. I also play with pure aliens, I do have a satellite on my lot but non of my sims are in science careers. Ive had my males get abducted and seems only half the time they get pregnant... I have some awesome screenshots of my sims being abducted as soon as im a full member I will post them! :D
  • sillyangel0906sillyangel0906 Posts: 5,405 Member
    The only way I can get abductions with pregnancy since the 'tweak' is with mods. Bunch of plum if you ask me :angry:
    Origin ID - Sillyangel0906

Q7wLwse.png
  • Klippi1Klippi1 Posts: 8 New Member
    I have been playing the sims for a total of 412 hours (been playing 24/7 since I got it) and I have only been abducted once...? I have tried everything and nothing works, LITERALLY EVERYTHING!
    Klippi1 wrote: »
    I have been playing the sims for a total of 412 hours (been playing 24/7 since I got it) and I have only been abducted once...? I have tried everything and nothing works, LITERALLY EVERYTHING!

Hello @Klippi1
    If you use mods, there are settings there can help with alien abductions
    It can be downloaded at
    https://deaderpoolmc.tumblr.com

This link thread provides help for the MC Command Center Mod. If you decide to use it and you have questions about the settings, you can post about it there, and there are helpful simmers there that will help you.
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/913483/mc-command-center-local-help-chat-thread

> @rosemow said:
    > Klippi1 wrote: »
    >
    > I have been playing the sims for a total of 412 hours (been playing 24/7 since I got it) and I have only been abducted once...? I have tried everything and nothing works, LITERALLY EVERYTHING!
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Hello @Klippi1
    > If you use mods, there are settings there can help with alien abductions
    > It can be downloaded at
    > https://deaderpoolmc.tumblr.com
    >
    > This link thread provides help for the MC Command Center Mod. If you decide to use it and you have questions about the settings, you can post about it there, and there are helpful simmers there that will help you.
    > http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/913483/mc-command-center-local-help-chat-thread

Thanks for that, do you know whether this mod works and isn't a virus?
    > @rosemow said:
    >
    > I have been playing the sims for a total of 412 hours (been playing 24/7 since I got it) and I have only been abducted once...? I have tried everything and nothing works, LITERALLY EVERYTHING!
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Hello @Klippi1
    > If you use mods, there are settings there can help with alien abductions
    > It can be downloaded at
    > https://deaderpoolmc.tumblr.com
    >
    > This link thread provides help for the MC Command Center Mod. If you decide to use it and you have questions about the settings, you can post about it there, and there are helpful simmers there that will help you.
    > http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/913483/mc-command-center-local-help-chat-thread

Thanks for that, do you know whether this mod works and isn't a virus?

Hello @Klippi1
    Many simmers use it and it works well. The modder who created it suppports it well and is quick to provide updates after a Game patch. It is safe to use it. It is the main mod that many simmers use.
    > @rosemow said:
    >
    > > @rosemow said:
    > > Klippi1 wrote: »
    > >
    > > I have been playing the sims for a total of 412 hours (been playing 24/7 since I got it) and I have only been abducted once...? I have tried everything and nothing works, LITERALLY EVERYTHING!
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > > Hello @Klippi1
    > > If you use mods, there are settings there can help with alien abductions
    > > It can be downloaded at
    > > https://deaderpoolmc.tumblr.com
    > >
    > > This link thread provides help for the MC Command Center Mod. If you decide to use it and you have questions about the settings, you can post about it there, and there are helpful simmers there that will help you.
    > > http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/913483/mc-command-center-local-help-chat-thread
    >
    > Thanks for that, do you know whether this mod works and isn't a virus?
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Hello @Klippi1
    > Many simmers use it and it works well. The modder who created it suppports it well and is quick to provide updates after a Game patch. It is safe to use it. It is the main mod that many simmers use.

Hi again, thanks for your quick response, because i am not the best at that tech stuff. do you know if there is a good youtube video that can easily explain how to do it as i am very interested in installing the mod!
    > @rosemow said:
    >
    > > @rosemow said:
    > > Klippi1 wrote: »
    > >
    > > I have been playing the sims for a total of 412 hours (been playing 24/7 since I got it) and I have only been abducted once...? I have tried everything and nothing works, LITERALLY EVERYTHING!
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > > Hello @Klippi1
    > > If you use mods, there are settings there can help with alien abductions
    > > It can be downloaded at
    > > https://deaderpoolmc.tumblr.com
    > >
    > > This link thread provides help for the MC Command Center Mod. If you decide to use it and you have questions about the settings, you can post about it there, and there are helpful simmers there that will help you.
    > > http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/913483/mc-command-center-local-help-chat-thread
    >
    > Thanks for that, do you know whether this mod works and isn't a virus?
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Hello @Klippi1
    > Many simmers use it and it works well. The modder who created it suppports it well and is quick to provide updates after a Game patch. It is safe to use it. It is the main mod that many simmers use.

Hi again, thanks for your quick response, because i am not the best at that tech stuff. do you know if there is a good youtube video that can easily explain how to do it as i am very interested in installing the mod!

Hello @klippi1
    This post on the mod help thread has a video explaining how to install the mod
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/15730613/#Comment_15730613
    You can also ask questions on that thread about the mod
  • lasummerblasummerb Posts: 2,761 Member
    LOL and I here I just adjusted my settings in MC Command to stop abductions, because they were happening too often. :D