Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Too Expensive Bills

My last bill was more then $800k, and my house costs less then $200k. It occurred after the last update (14/07). Is it happing with anyone else?

Comments

• sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    edited July 2016
    Hello!
    Stuff sitting in a sim's personal inventory, and stuff sitting in household inventory count towards bills in the game. Go into both and clear out both of the stuff that your sim family doesn't need or has to much of. That should help bring down what they have to pay in bills a bit. Also consider giving one the adult sims in your family the frugal trait. This will also help reduce the amount that they have to pay in bills each week.
  • jotajejejotajeje Posts: 162 Member
    sunman502 wrote: »
    Hello!
    Stuff sitting in a sim's personal inventory, and stuff sitting in household inventory count towards bills in the game. Go into both and clear out both of the stuff that your sim family doesn't need or has to much of. That should help bring down what they have to pay in bills a bit. Also consider giving one the adult sims in your family the frugal trait. This will also help reduce the amount that they have to pay in bills each week.

I have nothing in my household inventory, and just collectables, violin and camera in my sims's inventory.
    The more tragic is that my sim already has this trait. :#:'(
    edited July 2016
    jotajeje wrote: »
    Hello!

I have nothing in my household inventory, and just collectables, violin and camera in my sims's inventory.
    The more tragic is that my sim already has this trait. :#:'(
    The value of each collectibles in the personal and household inventories also adds to the bills in the game. So you might want to consider going through those, and getting rid of those that you have to much of. This should help lower that high bill cost too. ;)<3

• RisakishoRisakisho Posts: 52 Member
    I've honestly never seen a bill that high it even surprises me. Did you already find a solution? I live in a 100k house, my bills were never that high :/
    b8EQfn6.gif
    Most of my sims live in houses that are 500k +, and they still don't have bills that high!
    The value of each collectibles in the personal and household inventories also adds to the bills in the game. So you might want to consider going through those, and getting rid of those that you have to much of. This should help lower that high bill cost too. ;)<3

I will try to do this, but I doubt I have over then 50k in assets. :/
    Risakisho wrote: »
    I've honestly never seen a bill that high it even surprises me. Did you already find a solution? I live in a 100k house, my bills were never that high :/
    Most of my sims live in houses that are 500k +, and they still don't have bills that high!

It is also the first time my bill is so high, I have repaired the game and I will check how it will come next week.
    Neither my sim who lives in an almost $2 millions house has had bills so expensive. It usually is no more then $60,000
  • SnowWolf58SnowWolf58 Posts: 382 Member
    I use a mod that reduces any sims household bills to a more realistic cost. The modder hasn't been around for quite awhile but his mod still works very well. http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=534681
    Ryzen 1700X • 16GB • RX 580

INFJ -A/-T
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,594 Member
    Hello
    Do you use mods ? They could be causing issues.
    If you do, try moving your mods folder to the desktop and see if that helps with the next bill that you receive.
    The only time that the bills in my game exceed 50,000 is when I have to much stuff in the inventories. Even when my sims are living in 5 million mansion, the bills do not exceed 50 k in my game.
  • ChelleJoChelleJo Posts: 7,087 Member
    You haven't by chance used the ATM/Loan mod? I had that mod, took out a couple loans equaling about 50k and had bills over 30 or 300 million. I couldn't even cheat to pay their bills, as the game maxes out at 9,999,999.
    p8L4V6v.png
  • ChloeDeCookieChloeDeCookie Posts: 2,467 Member
    I have never had bills go over 30k in a 300-400k house
    To all you beautiful people out there, have a lovely day.
  • CimmyNyxCimmyNyx Posts: 44 Member
    I thought I was the only one with this problem. My sims is currently only a botanist and herbalist..so growing the most lucrative produce is the only way I can afford to pay my bills. Having her group come over to water certainly helps, but I panic if they start to harvest. I need those simoleons!!
  • RLRL Posts: 305 Member
    CimmyNyx wrote: »
    I thought I was the only one with this problem. My sims is currently only a botanist and herbalist..so growing the most lucrative produce is the only way I can afford to pay my bills. Having her group come over to water certainly helps, but I panic if they start to harvest. I need those simoleons!!

Can you take harvesting out of the group 'encouraged activities'?
    Check out the Sutherland ISBI!
    (Disclaimer: This blog is mainly an outlet for my weird humour)
    Click anyway! ⬇️️⬇️️⬇️️
    w2HyQcq.png