Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Can we get rid of Goals and Timer

bevillebeville Posts: 1,151 Member
edited July 2016 in The Sims 4 Game Feedback
Is there a way to get rid of the goal systems! There is no freedom with it because when I was trying to have a party had to follow some goal.Usually I'm good at ignoring the game play but, when the time was up. It was still early yet all the the guests left the party.Now I know if you guys can take the time to add and change cas ! Why not take the time to get rid of this goal oriented systems. :/ P.s So the goals systems was able to turn off which is a plus! Now for that timer.. Please get rid of it or make it so that we can disable it.
Post edited by beville on

Comments

• Options
    PolyrhythmPolyrhythm Posts: 2,789 Member
    I know goals can at least be disabled for parties, but then there's no indication of whether your guests liked the party or not. Wish they would at least add that
    :*:,:*:*:*::*:,:*:*:*::
    v5Yd2X5.png
  • Options
    When my party was over it said that is was unsuccessful because I didn't follow the goal.I wish they would let us party like we want to.My party was pretty much like a family get together for the 4th ! And they was there no more than maybe 2 hours of sims time.Soon when the timer was up they left.I don't want a timer to play my game my way.(You Said) You Rule ! I want to rule!!
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    If you don't want a timer or goals, maybe just have a party without using the "party" system at all? You could invite everyone over separately, or make a Club or two for the occasion. You also don't need to use the party system to hire a caterer etc. - you can do that from the objects.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    GruffmanGruffman Posts: 4,831 Member
    If you want a party without goals, have one, nothing is stopping you.

Use your sims phone. click plan a social event.
    Select the party you want, say house party. Unclick the green check mark.
    Do whatever you want for the party. No goals.
  • Options
    Gruffman wrote: »

Really! I didn't notice that ,but will try again.Thanks for letting me know. ;)
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    beville wrote: »

No goals, but you will still have a timer on the party.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    GruffmanGruffman Posts: 4,831 Member

Sometimes I do goals, mot of the times I don't. If you do the goal system, you can get a special item ... it ends up in the delete bin for me. The only one I kept was the one for the date ... the champagne bottle in the bucket thing.
  • Options

No goals, but you will still have a timer on the party.

The timer needs to go!! Lol.
  • Options
    Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    Sure, we can skip goals, but I would rather have some other kind of optional gameplay system/mechanic which actually challenges me than grindy checklists.

Anyway, I would like to see goals removed from the 3 careers in GTW. GTW was, by far, the absolute WORST expansion pack I have ever played in my history with the franchise. It only provided three careers, and all three of them relied on those checklists and constricted me to, at the crux, click a certain labeled interaction at the exact time it appeared in a box at the right of my screen. These developers should be capable of more in-depth gameplay than that.

It sure doesn't help that the retail features of GTW were by no means redeeming, and only came with more problems of their own.
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited July 2016
    Sk8rblaze wrote: »
    Sure, we can skip goals, but I would rather have some other kind of optional gameplay system/mechanic which actually challenges me than grindy checklists.

Anyway, I would like to see goals removed from the 3 careers in GTW. GTW was, by far, the absolute WORST expansion pack I have ever played in my history with the franchise. It only provided three careers, and all three of them relied on those checklists and constricted me to, at the crux, click a certain labeled interaction at the exact time it appeared in a box at the right of my screen. These developers should be capable of more in-depth gameplay than that.

It sure doesn't help that the retail features of GTW were by no means redeeming, and only came with more problems of their own.

I have suggested many options along the way, I have written in the feedback, I have written in GTW's feedback thread I have written in the technical something thread that was going around where Guru's commented, especially @SimGuruEugi . At this stage I just don't think they are even interested. I guess they were aiming at grinding gameplay from the beginning and I guess that is how they want it to stay. And when I say I, I mean I and many other people.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    Sigzy05 wrote: »

I have suggested many options along the way, I have written in the feedback, I have written in GTW's feedback thread I have written in the technical something thread that was going around where Guru's commented, especially @SimGuruEugi . At this stage I just don't think they are even interested. I guess they were aiming at grinding gameplay from the beginning and I guess that is how they want it to stay. And when I say I, I mean I and many other people.

Thanks for your efforts. I've tried posting many other options as well, but it does seem as if it's all for no use.

Shame, I thought the people behind this game were capable of making much more creative decisions than a glorified design of Sims Freeplay's gameplay.
  • Options
    catitude5catitude5 Posts: 2,537 Member
    If I have room in the house, I move the people I want for the party into the house. Then I can control everyone, no goals, then move them back when the party is over.
  • Options
    SucomSucom Posts: 1,709 Member
    I tried Sims Freeplay this week and it's full of goals. Looks like they wanted to change the whole Sims game to Freeplay.
  • Options
    ts1depotts1depot Posts: 1,438 Member
    edited July 2016
    It only provided three careers...

...and the ability to run shops and make money as a photographer, but who's counting?

EiFlric.png