Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What supernaturals do YOU want to return?

Comments

• PiperbirdPiperbird Posts: 4,161 Member
    edited April 2016
    Simpkin wrote: »
    How did the mermaids work in Sims 3? I had the EP but I never got around to playing them. Like, did they only live in the water? Did they ever have legs?

They stuck to the original lore: Tail in water, legs when dry. The legs were scaly, like the tail.

It's been a while, but I think a mermaid that has been on a land for a while would get a negative moodlet longing for the water.
    Visit me in the gallery! CC-free builds under origin name Piperbird!
    06-01-15_5-18nbspPM_zps8s8jcirw.png
  • SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member
    Shades302 wrote: »
    Simpkin wrote: »
    How did the mermaids work in Sims 3? I had the EP but I never got around to playing them. Like, did they only live in the water? Did they ever have legs?

The mermaids in sims 3 had scaly legs, and would need water when out of water to stay hydrated, and could go under water and breath endlessly and that's when their tail would show up, they were also really fast swimmers, and had max swimming skill.

alright thanks
    Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)
  • FloofjeFloofje Posts: 181 Member
    edited April 2016
    I have always played vampires in TS3 and I would like to have them in TS4 as well. :)
    Edit: oh yes and mermaids of course!
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    edited April 2016
    I'm really content right now with Aliens and with a no-supernaturals alt save, but I can see a lot of supernaturals being fun in this version of the game. I'd like to see some kind of Wizard. I'd get a kick out of having elegant Elves as something new, or a cross between Elves and Fairies of some kind — something earthy and pretty. I think PlantSims would be a great very-Simsy return. And I really do think that playable Gnomes could be fun, though possibly not fun for superlong. I'm not personally a Zombie fan, and I prefer to see anything with witchcraft stay well clear of modern Wiccan religious practice, just like the game steers clear of other religious practices.
    Yes! #TeamPlayableGnomes

I would love to see more hybrid supernaturals return too. It would be awesome if life state abilities could combine into new things. Yeah I agree about witches staying away from Wiccan stuff. It would be cool if they could be based off of the OUAT ones.

For new supernatural ideas, I would love to see satyres.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member
    The inner teen wolf fan in me wants them to explore more mythical creatures. I loved all of the occults. My top picks for 4 would be vampires, werewolves, witches/wizards, and zombies.
  • ENolanENolan Posts: 2,735 Member
    edited April 2016
    Gabe_oz wrote: »
    none no supernatural life states for sims only new furniture and useful object including the option to do laundry and workable washers and dryers

This thread is about supernaturals you want to return, not general content. XD

for your info i do not care about the super natural lifestates only the general content of the ep like furniture and objects i find intressting and if they do bring the useless lifestate that ios super natural i hope they will also put an option to fully turn off those unimportant lifestates because otherwise i will not use these useless lifestates

Really not holding to that "friendly simmer" title there, are you, Memina?
  • manda9801manda9801 Posts: 190 Member
    All plus more!! I'd love to have elves (but I doubt considering most Sims are the same height in Sims 4), fairies that you can play as tiny tiny creatures as well as life size, ogres, mermaids with an entire underwater world... just anything they can think up!
    I'd also like the opportunity to turn off supernaturals and control the population of supernaturals (that actually worked) so that I could have saves that are completely realistic and some saves that were completely fantasy.
    Now I'm all giddy... :smiley:
    Kevin VanOrd of Gamespot gave this game a 6/10. Despite praising the visuals, audio, and the new multi-tasking and moods system, he states that he misses the 2 main features of The Sims 3: "Create-a-Style" and the open world. His conclusion is "The Sims 4's biggest problem is that The Sims 3 exists"
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member

I'd like to be able to turn off the human sims and just have all the supernatural, occult and Alien sims in my game. The only humanoids allowed would be the creature type in my game = as I find the human sims in this game very annoyingly happy all the time and boring as watching grass grow.

There was mention of 4 elementals in a survey a while back - not sure I would be into those type of creatures - wish we could see a picture of what exactly they were speaking of though to know for sure. I have a feeling it is sort of a super hero kind of thing - I am not sure what I would think of that.LOL

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Simfan923Simfan923 Posts: 5,551 Member
    I would love any and all supernaturals to return. I do however think maybe this time they can initially have some sort of setting to disable them in a save for those who don't want supernaturals at all but might like whatever content is released alongside it. And I kind of want it to be not too hard to have sims that are already in world to become a supernatural but don't make it too easy like when Aliens first came out and there were literally abductions almost every single day (at least for me)
    1FKDfKj.png
  • Katlyn2525Katlyn2525 Posts: 4,201 Member
    I think they also need to add a cemetery for the ghosts. Right now they like to congregate at the bar.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,838 Member
    All I want are witches. They're the only ones I've ever played with. Except for giving Plant sims a try in Sims 2.
  • GruffmanGruffman Posts: 4,831 Member
    Fae. I really liked the faries in Sims3. I loved the little fae house, the dance parties. I would love to see them return.
    Werewolves. I do like them, always have.
    Plant sims. Would like plant sims back.
    Vamps/mummies. I can take or leave. It really depends on how the look and act.
    Mermaids would be ok.
    I would love to see a feline/sim hybrid a cat sim. Have no idea what it would be called.
    Ghosts. Full ghosts that grow up/grow old and return to the netherworld.

I would like them to have positive ... and a drawback. More-so than what there was in Sims3. Like vampires for example. I loved the advanced learning that they could have. Their lifespans were incredible. There wasn't a counter. They could go lie out in the sun ... smoke a little, eventually they would die if left in the sun but it took a while. You get all the great benefits, without much risk.

I would love it if the vamp was a secret. If another sim found out the sim was a vampire, the relationship bar go straight to enemy/red. Let the vamp be able to dominate/put to sleep sims that (s)he needed to feed off of.
  • BOYBOY Posts: 540 Member
    vampires, witches and mermaids! i want those 3 life states more than anything.

but i'll gladly take as many life states as we can get. :)
    Fairies & real Plantsims please!
  • TheMomminatorTheMomminator Posts: 4,215 Member
    I love having them all in my game in TS3. My play style in this area can best be described at unrealistically realistic. The human doctor married to the witch alchemist and they've adopted a baby alien. It could happen! :-)

But if I have to choose, I want witches back the most. I love playing them. Not to mention they have normal lifespans and sleep. I didn't like playing supernaturals who lived for ever or the ones who never sleep or eat.
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Gruffman wrote: »
    Fae. I really liked the faries in Sims3. I loved the little fae house, the dance parties. I would love to see them return.
    Werewolves. I do like them, always have.
    Plant sims. Would like plant sims back.
    Vamps/mummies. I can take or leave. It really depends on how the look and act.
    Mermaids would be ok.
    I would love to see a feline/sim hybrid a cat sim. Have no idea what it would be called.
    Ghosts. Full ghosts that grow up/grow old and return to the netherworld.

I would like them to have positive ... and a drawback. More-so than what there was in Sims3. Like vampires for example. I loved the advanced learning that they could have. Their lifespans were incredible. There wasn't a counter. They could go lie out in the sun ... smoke a little, eventually they would die if left in the sun but it took a while. You get all the great benefits, without much risk.

I would love it if the vamp was a secret. If another sim found out the sim was a vampire, the relationship bar go straight to enemy/red. Let the vamp be able to dominate/put to sleep sims that (s)he needed to feed off of.
    I think they are called Neko.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    Match Maker we can actually use; crazy, twister Circuses; Tall Elves... A world for them all! *that I can edit/make/create/do more than fill a few lots*
  • xitneverendssxitneverendss Posts: 1,772 Member
    I've never been a fan of supernaturals (ironic because I love the show). I like to play realistically, or as realistic as possible, but I do love vampires and witches and I think they are more believable in a realistic setting to me than werewolves and faeries and the like. Just my opinion though.
  • BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    edited April 2016
    Rflong7 wrote: »
    If they make nice and cute supernaturals, I hope they put in an equal amount of dark supernaturals. The game is too happy right now- imo- and I'd be even more depressed if the balance was kept off kilter.

And not just mean Fairies... that's not what I mean.

I liked how scary sims 1 and 2 ghosts were. I liked how in sims 2, during the day a vampire couldn't be in a room with windows. And within seconds it seemed they would die if they were outside.

I would like some good supernaturals. Vamps, and anything else. I'd like something new too.
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • TarruviTarruvi Posts: 1,227 Member
    Werewolves, big hairy Werewolves. Howling, Growling, Prowling Werewolves. :smiley:
  • LenaDieters11LenaDieters11 Posts: 1,346 Member
    I want fairies and plant Sims back the most. I like vampires and witches, too. However I want their lifespan to be a little less. And I understand that vampires should not be able to stay in the sun forever, but it bothered me in Sims 2 that they would die so quickly of it.
  • lsnishilsnishi Posts: 2,714 Member
    I want genies and fairies. I had a genie in the family in Sims 2 and it was great having them clean the house and sims in an instant. The fairies were cool because they could use their magic to help themselves and nearby sims have the proper moodlet to gain skills faster.

The genies would probably require you to dig up or get a lamp. I wouldn't mind if they brought back the 🐸🐸🐸🐸 Matchmaker from Sims 2. She could leave you a lamp or dump some unsuspecting sim on your doorstep for a blind date. I loved that!
    PDWxp40.jpg
  • kitangel1kitangel1 Posts: 200 Member
    I never actually played with supernaturals in the sims games. Recently though i've been wishing we had witches again. I'd love to have some witches and make a save dedicated to them.
  • gothprincess4evergothprincess4ever Posts: 2,130 Member
    For me, it would be Vampires, Fairies and Werewolves. And Witches of course! I used to love them so much back in The Sims 2 days.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited April 2016
    I would like the classic vampires back, but I think I want a Wizard expanded this time around. A staff that can be used to cast spells, I loved some of the spells in TSM. But this time I want them to expand to add working crystal ball. Or an all seeing eye. Or something. Like the three witches use to hold out the eyeball and see stuff. Future and past. I want those things to correlate with what has actually happened in the game or is about to happen. Just a crazy example: Wizard looks into the crystal ball and sees Janie is on her way to work. (Neighbor?) Or he sees there is a Sim in the hood is too angry and on the verge of doom. I think this game could be a thousand times better if they brought back how TS2 actually kept up with this stuff and we could find out stuff (not with crystal ball) and add that way of thinking out of the box for gameplay to the newer versions of the Sims. I love the alien powers of these aliens but I want them to expand upon all those things to make more things correlate. Like you know, the Sim who has their memory wiped by an alien in this game should somehow to start to remember sometimes..something. I want more simulation and a lot less just going through the motions.

ETA: I will just add this here so I won't start a new thread. Developers, please, please before you add a supernatural EP please, load Makin' Magic and go to Magic Town. Let the music envelope you while you wait for the loading screen, do everything and look at everything while you are there. Listen to the FX sounds in TS1 with Makin Magic installed....try everything it offered..like churn butter then sell your golden threads to the barterers in Magic Town...then you will be inspired to build the best EP ever for The Sims after you have spent MM for a few days...just try it for inspirations if you have forgotten or were not part of the magic of The Sims in the beginning that's my best advice, because you will be amazed and inspired to build something even bigger and better. (and please look at the characters, and their outfits..look at everything, see everything...) The Sims deserves that sort of effort.
    Post edited by Cinebar on
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • raemariekraemariek Posts: 88 Member
    I never played supernatural (when I finally had the time and money I decided to start investing in sims 4 :-() But my favorite genres entail all different supernaturals, so I would loooove to have some in sims 4!