Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What supernaturals do YOU want to return?

Comments

• friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,545 Member
    edited April 2016
    have you not heard ea/maxi decided not to bring back supernaturals and at the same time april fools because its and april fools jokes :p
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    edited April 2016
    I would like Grim to be better... not so, weak looking and ... comical? I miss the Scary Grim. ~Even though I'm a huge fan of Discworld. :lol:

Oh...Enchanted Gnomes! I've missed them from TS. :heart:

I would love the Reaper Babies back with modifications of more specialities. :blush: They were really cool- imo.
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited April 2016
    I like all supernatural Sims - even better than normal non-special sims - but feel we need good and evil versions at least; and yes, if possible neutral ones as well.

Actually if the Sims was based on nothing but supernaturals I would love it - and for school and uni have a Hogwarts type ep - with branches for the different types of supernaturals to learn their crafts. Yep - would love that.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member
    I always liked the magic sims best, witches or fairies, because they tend to come with a lot of crafting and recipes and other features that appeal to me.

This.Witches and fairies. But really, I don't really like anything supernatural.
    Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)
  • MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    Well, I want Sorcerers, but technically they've never been in the Sims, you had witches, but they were basic, and not all that powerful. Witches really made me upset in the Sims 3.

I want werewolves, but this time, I want them to have a pack mentality, Alpha, Beta, and Omega Dynamics. Where the Alpha has the power to bite and turn a human into a Werewolf.

I'm interested in vampires, I've never really been a fan, but I was thinking of giving them a power upgrade.
    what if a Vampire had the power to absorb other supernaturals' powers.
    like if a Vampire bit my Sorcerer the vampire would nook my sim of all his experiences, all the spells he knows, and magic abilities, and drain him until he's a weak average human and the vampire would be able to use the sorcerers magic against him.

I want mermaids, they should make it so they can only walk on dry land during a High Tide.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • KayeStarKayeStar Posts: 6,715 Member
    edited April 2016
    FAIRIES!!!

But improved. I was so disappointed fairies could only use their magic for tricks (and gardening). I want fairies to come back and I want them to have magic likes witches in TS3, in addition to their trickster magic.
    752d5ef1ccf6be4ae3b2e539a6376fe9ea400d9ar1-320-207_00.gif
  • PiperbirdPiperbird Posts: 4,161 Member
    I always liked the magic sims best, witches or fairies, because they tend to come with a lot of crafting and recipes and other features that appeal to me.

100% this. ^_^

I'm not so much of a fan of the other supernaturals, like vampires, werewolves, and zombies. I always turned them off in TS3. There are some supernaturals that could be nice if added:

Banshee - I've seen people complain you don't know when someone dies. An NPC banshee could be added to scream on the roof when someone your Sim is about to die.

Will-o-Wisp - Another NPC that could be nice to be added, especially in that wooded town (I forget which one, I only have the base game). They could show up randomly, and you could choose to follow them. If you catch them, maybe you get a 50/50 outcome: Positive - long time positive moodlet or a small trinket, like a gem or gnome. Negative - long time negative moodlet, maybe produce in your personal inventory rots, something like that.

Elves - Leave out milk the night before, and they might clean your house or repair broken items while you sleep! Mistreat them, and they break your items.

If they did add mermaids again, I hope we have more options than the plain old traditional fish tail. How about shark tails, seahorse tails, or octopus tentacles?

On a more silly note, what about other 'were' options? How about a were-walrus, were-giraffe, or my personal favorite, a were-human. That's a dog that turns to a human for three days a month has to get a job, pay the mortgage, and wear a tie.
    Visit me in the gallery! CC-free builds under origin name Piperbird!
    06-01-15_5-18nbspPM_zps8s8jcirw.png
  • est1956est1956 Posts: 46 Member
    Fairies fairies fairies fairies fairies fairies fairies
    subscribe to my sims youtube pls i'm poor ~ ryan the dreamer
  • Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    If they make nice and cute supernaturals, I hope they put in an equal amount of dark supernaturals. The game is too happy right now- imo- and I'd be even more depressed if the balance was kept off kilter.

And not just mean Fairies... that's not what I mean.
    edited April 2016
    none no supernatural life states for sims only new furniture and useful object including the option to do laundry and workable washers and dryers
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

• Gabe_ozGabe_oz Posts: 1,880 Member
    none no supernatural life states for sims only new furniture and useful object including the option to do laundry and workable washers and dryers

This thread is about supernaturals you want to return, not general content. XD
  • chidoriaidachidoriaida Posts: 282 Member
    Vampires and mermaids. I need something gothic!
  • AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    I love nature and outdoorsy Sims, gardening, herbalist, that kind of stuff too. So definitely Fairies, Witches, and Mermaids.
    I never cared about the rest much really. I liked them around but rarely play them.
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
    Gabe_oz wrote: »

for your info i do not care about the super natural lifestates only the general content of the ep like furniture and objects i find intressting and if they do bring the useless lifestate that ios super natural i hope they will also put an option to fully turn off those unimportant lifestates because otherwise i will not use these useless lifestates

• Shades302Shades302 Posts: 1,072 Member
    Aside from vampires I would also like Plant sims back, because next to Vamps, they are my second fave sims, but not like the sims 3 ones, I want plant sims like in the sims 2.

I honestly never really cared much for the fairies, but I could be okay with witches, although I never played with them much, I mostly just had vamps and plant sims, I also enjoy the aliens and Robots. The Simbots were always so much fun in the sims 2. XD They were a little less exciting in sims 3 I think... but sims 2 sims bots were fun XD
    Z6gfpiv.png?1
  • Mizz_Creative48Mizz_Creative48 Posts: 1,044 Member
    edited April 2016
    I wish you would get over posts revolving around you and what you think is best. Supernatural would be optional like your washers and dryers anyways so it's not a big deal.

Anyways to answer the question, I'd want vampires, witches, fairies, werewolves (if they plan on improving them) along with new ones like demons and shapeshifters

I think all of them should be more vicious and attack other sims (bite, kill, deadly spells, etc.)

Witches should have more effective spells

• DiamondsR4everDiamondsR4ever Posts: 243 Member
    The super naturals that I do like are witches and vampires. The mermaids sound awesome! There is nothing like a siren lol.
    The ignore feature is a blessing :D . Don't be afraid to use it!
  • PiperbirdPiperbird Posts: 4,161 Member

for your info i do not care about the super natural lifestates only the general content of the ep like furniture and objects i find intressting and if they do bring the useless lifestate that ios super natural i hope they will also put an option to fully turn off those unimportant lifestates because otherwise i will not use these useless lifestates

Then why post in a thread about what supernaturals you want to return? That makes no sense. There's really nothing special you would like? What kind of books or movies do you like? Is there anything from there you might like in your games? Robots, dragons, time travelers? Anything?
    Visit me in the gallery! CC-free builds under origin name Piperbird!
    06-01-15_5-18nbspPM_zps8s8jcirw.png
  • DominicLaurenceDominicLaurence Posts: 3,398 Member
    Oh, I want witches!! With mechanics of Sims 2 of good, neutral and evil but minus the predefined looks. Is just my dream <3

Vampires, Zombies and Werewolves are always needed, too, it's like basic. Fairies are nice if they're flying. And I want some giant monster!! Maybe dwarfs or leprechauns could present as something new too, but I doubt given the height issues.
    ID: StGerris
    Legacy Photomode
  • MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,175 Member
    As long as they come with an off switch, it doesn't really matter which ones. I want to be able to decide which supernaturals (if any) I have in each save game.
    I have to say, I did like the TS2 witches, especially the cats they came with - I still have plans to make a witch called Sabrina and name her cat Salem :) (but seeing as I probably won't go back to playing TS2, I'd like them in TS4).
    Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    I'm really content right now with Aliens and with a no-supernaturals alt save, but I can see a lot of supernaturals being fun in this version of the game. I'd like to see some kind of Wizard. I'd get a kick out of having elegant Elves as something new, or a cross between Elves and Fairies of some kind — something earthy and pretty. I think PlantSims would be a great very-Simsy return. And I really do think that playable Gnomes could be fun, though possibly not fun for superlong. I'm not personally a Zombie fan, and I prefer to see anything with witchcraft stay well clear of modern Wiccan religious practice, just like the game steers clear of other religious practices.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • DominicLaurenceDominicLaurence Posts: 3,398 Member
    I'm really content right now with Aliens and with a no-supernaturals alt save, but I can see a lot of supernaturals being fun in this version of the game. I'd like to see some kind of Wizard. I'd get a kick out of having elegant Elves as something new, or a cross between Elves and Fairies of some kind — something earthy and pretty. I think PlantSims would be a great very-Simsy return. And I really do think that playable Gnomes could be fun, though possibly not fun for superlong. I'm not personally a Zombie fan, and I prefer to see anything with witchcraft stay well clear of modern Wiccan religious practice, just like the game steers clear of other religious practices.

How could I forget elves?!
    ID: StGerris
    Legacy Photomode
    Piperbird wrote: »

Then why post in a thread about what supernaturals you want to return? That makes no sense. There's really nothing special you would like? What kind of books or movies do you like? Is there anything from there you might like in your games? Robots, dragons, time travelers? Anything?

the only kind of movies i like are startrek movies and movies that have no vampires or wolves and anything supernatural to answer your question honestly i dislike would not mind them if i can turn all those super naturals lifestates off

• SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member
    How did the mermaids work in Sims 3? I had the EP but I never got around to playing them. Like, did they only live in the water? Did they ever have legs?
    Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)
  • Shades302Shades302 Posts: 1,072 Member
    Simpkin wrote: »
    How did the mermaids work in Sims 3? I had the EP but I never got around to playing them. Like, did they only live in the water? Did they ever have legs?

The mermaids in sims 3 had scaly legs, and would need water when out of water to stay hydrated, and could go under water and breath endlessly and that's when their tail would show up, they were also really fast swimmers, and had max swimming skill.
    Z6gfpiv.png?1