Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Expansions not showing up in the launcher

So my origins account shows that I have all the expansions installed except for "into the future". However when I launched the game I noticed that I didnt have the option to play in bridgeport. I went back to the launcher and I noticed that late night and ambitions dont show up under the installed packs section. How can I fix this? I already uninstalled and reinstalled late night and its still not showing up. Thank you all in advance.

Comments

• Options
    Colton147147Colton147147 Posts: 10,454 Member
    If you are currently on Patch 1.69, you'll need to enable what packs you want to play the first time. :)

There is also a glitch that Maxis needs to address and release another patch to fix the issue with Patch 1.69.
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/881376/packs-disabling-itself-read-here-patch-1-69#latest
    Your Justine Keaton Enthusiast and the Voice of the Sims Community.
  • Options
    kevinplays1992kevinplays1992 Posts: 3 New Member
    The trouble is that origin shows late night as being installed but its not letting me select it as a pack i want to play. It doesnt show up there. I/m going to have to uninstall and then reinstall everything I think. lol this is what I get for wanting to play the sims today : /
  • Options
    Colton147147Colton147147 Posts: 10,454 Member
    Perhaps @igazor or @phoebebebe13 may know what to do. :)
    Your Justine Keaton Enthusiast and the Voice of the Sims Community.
  • Options
    EmsimmmerEmsimmmer Posts: 19 Member
    So, on the launcher if you look under the expansions and stuff section you will get a list of all the expansions you have. There should be a button that says, "Don't see your packs?" and then next to it "Install Packs" Click that and it will take you to Origin and the list of packs you have installed. Close the launcher and hover over the expansion pack that isn't working and click play. Remember having the sims 3 launcher closed is crucial at this point. If it won't let you click play, close origin, open it again and click play again... This SHOULD help, it'show it worked for me.
    :p
  • Options
    EmsimmmerEmsimmmer Posts: 19 Member
    > @kevinplays1992 said:
    > So my origins account shows that I have all the expansions installed except for "into the future". However when I launched the game I noticed that I didnt have the option to play in bridgeport. I went back to the launcher and I noticed that late night and ambitions dont show up under the installed packs section. How can I fix this? I already uninstalled and reinstalled late night and its still not showing up. Thank you all in advance.

hope this really helps
  • Options
    kevinplays1992kevinplays1992 Posts: 3 New Member
    I tried that but it still didnt show up on the launcher. thank you guys for the adivce. Im just going to uninstall everything and reinstall a couple expansionss at a time. I'll let you know how it goes
  • Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    If it's not too late, I would suggest uninstalling and reinstalling just Origin first. Mostly because it's easy to do, but doing so might fix whatever communication problem Origin seems to be having with your TS3 Launcher.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member
    Agree with igazor uninstall and reinstall origin
  • Options
    ah147ah147 Posts: 2 New Member
    Hi guys, same problem here. Except with me it's World Adventures, Ambitions and Late Night. My other expansion packs all work.

I've spent two days on the phone to EA and it's been a nightmare.

I've uninstalled and reinstalled origin and sims several times, ran CCCleaners, manually cleared caches, been told to download super patcher which no longer works with the game by the way, created new user accounts and reinstalled there, sent them DxDiags and MSConfigs, and just about every other possible thing.

No change.

They're trying to blame a Nvidia graphics card being render only on my system, despite me having proof that Sims3 is running on the Nvidia graphics card....

I'm ringing em again tomorrow, don't expect no better though.
  • Options
    ah147ah147 Posts: 2 New Member
    I've found my old world adventures disc. Installed through the disc and it works.

I'm beginning to wonder if its a problem with the origin download.
  • Options
    MinnieMouseMinnieMouse Posts: 262 Member
    I'm having the same problem with Late Night. It's downloaded, shows up in Origin, but not in the launcher's selection tool (all my other expansions are - and I have a lot of them). I didn't have a problem when I played Sims 3 before, but that was over a year ago. So I'm thinking it may be a patch issue... but I'm not sure how to test that theory.
  • Options
    I'm having the same problem with Late Night. It's downloaded, shows up in Origin, but not in the launcher's selection tool (all my other expansions are - and I have a lot of them). I didn't have a problem when I played Sims 3 before, but that was over a year ago. So I'm thinking it may be a patch issue... but I'm not sure how to test that theory.

It might be the new 1.69 patch. Try uninstalling and reinstalling origin. If that does not work I would contact ea and report it. All the people that regularly help in tech here have the old 1.67 patch so we are not sure if this is a 1.69 patch issue
  • Options
    > @phoebebebe13 said:
    > It might be the new 1.69 patch. Try uninstalling and reinstalling origin. If that does not work I would contact ea and report it. All the people that regularly help in tech here have the old 1.67 patch so we are not sure if this is a 1.69 patch issue

If I uninstall/reinstall Origin, is that going to affect my Sims games? (i.e. will I have to re-download/install them?)
  • Options
    > @phoebebebe13 said:
    > It might be the new 1.69 patch. Try uninstalling and reinstalling origin. If that does not work I would contact ea and report it. All the people that regularly help in tech here have the old 1.67 patch so we are not sure if this is a 1.69 patch issue

If I uninstall/reinstall Origin, is that going to affect my Sims games? (i.e. will I have to re-download/install them?)

no. Origin is separate from the game. If you feel safer you can go into documents , electronic arts folder to the sims 3 folder. You can pull your whole sims 3 folder to desktop , uninstall and reinstall origin and then put the sims 3 folder back.
  • Options
    > @phoebebebe13 said:
    > no. Origin is separate from the game. If you feel safer you can go into documents , electronic arts folder to the sims 3 folder. You can pull your whole sims 3 folder to desktop , uninstall and reinstall origin and then put the sims 3 folder back.

I uninstalled and reinstalled Origin. Sadly, no change. Any other ideas?
  • Options
    > @phoebebebe13 said:
    > no. Origin is separate from the game. If you feel safer you can go into documents , electronic arts folder to the sims 3 folder. You can pull your whole sims 3 folder to desktop , uninstall and reinstall origin and then put the sims 3 folder back.

I uninstalled and reinstalled Origin. Sadly, no change. Any other ideas?

If uninstalling origin and uninstalling and reinstalling the ep does not work I would contact ea directly they may need to fix your account. Some people are having problems with the 1.69 patch and having eps show up in the launcher. https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/new/
  • Options
    Thank you for your help @phoebebebe13. I will try that next.
  • Options
    @MinnieMouse your very welcome
  • Options
    For anyone who it might help - I contacted EA last night about my problem as @phoebebebe13 suggested (Late Night was purchased and showing up in Origin, installed on the computer, but did not show in the Sims 3 launcher). There was something wrong on their side with my code, and they had to reissue a new one for it to work. I'm not sure why that's the case, but after a 15 minute phone call, everything was taken care of and now I am happily simming! :)
  • Options
    @MinnieMouse glad ea was able to fix your account. Enjoy your game
  • Options
    TikaaniaTikaania Posts: 65 Member
    I have contacted EA several times the last few weeks nearly daily as ALL my expansion and stuff packs are missing on launcher. Did everything they told me. They said that it is an update on my gaming computer and zero problem on their side. It is not because all my Steam games work. My friend had the same with origin battlefield problem for Months...so he has not played for months. He said one day his brother could suddenly play it. I also believe it is the Sims latest patch that is doing this as before this everything worked fine. I really do not know what to do anymore.
  • Options
    Sexy2014Sexy2014 Posts: 2 New Member
    I am having the same problem. I have been playing the Sims 3 for the last 3 weeks. First, all of the content that I purchased from the Sims 3 store would show installed in the launcher, but would not show up in the game. Neither would the stuff packs. I researched, then deleted every item from the main folder and re- installed everything. It works. Now,I have all the expansion and stuff packs saying installed in Origin client, but missing from the Sims 3 launcher. Its empty without anything to check. And, nothing shows up when the actually game is launched. All of my saved games are greyed out and says " item was saved with an expansion pack that is missing." Has anyone found a solution? We all know that EA goes in circles.
  • Options
    Sexy2014 wrote: »
    I am having the same problem. I have been playing the Sims 3 for the last 3 weeks. First, all of the content that I purchased from the Sims 3 store would show installed in the launcher, but would not show up in the game. Neither would the stuff packs. I researched, then deleted every item from the main folder and re- installed everything. It works. Now,I have all the expansion and stuff packs saying installed in Origin client, but missing from the Sims 3 launcher. Its empty without anything to check. And, nothing shows up when the actually game is launched. All of my saved games are greyed out and says " item was saved with an expansion pack that is missing." Has anyone found a solution? We all know that EA goes in circles.

I would try uninstalling and reinstalling origin. Try repair game
  • Options
    chxr1zxrdchxr1zxrd Posts: 17 Member
    I've tried all these ideas and nothing seems to help. It's doing it with World Adventures, High-End Loft, and Late Night... Any other ideas?
  • Options
    chxr1zxrd wrote: »
    I've tried all these ideas and nothing seems to help. It's doing it with World Adventures, High-End Loft, and Late Night... Any other ideas?

Where did you buy your EP's from? EA is locking people out of their accounts if you bought game codes from an unauthorized dealers for violating EA TOS (terms of service) . If this is the case with your account, you would have to contact EA directly.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top