We have a new survey live for you to provide feedback on the new EA forums! Click here to read more.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

First Impressions - Chapter 2

StSciurusStSciurus Posts: 1,580 Member
I am writing my first story. I have a general arc for the plot, but intend to let the serendipity of the game influence the development of the story and the characters. Any helpful suggestions are always appreciated! :) Here is the first chapter.

First Impressions - Chapter 1
First Impressions - Chapter 2
Post edited by StSciurus on

Comments

• Pegasus143Pegasus143 Posts: 2,490 Member
    Hi! I read/looked through it and really liked it. :)
  • StSciurusStSciurus Posts: 1,580 Member
    Thank you for your encouraging words, @Pegasus143 ! :)
  • pronteruspronterus Posts: 2,166 Member
    This looks interesting @StSciurus ! I'll be bookmarking this :)
    Thank you, @pronterus ! :) I am a s…l…o…w writer, but I am working on chapter 2. I am enjoying your Undead With Benefits, too!
  • celticbardcelticbard Posts: 180 Member
    Hi @StSciurus
    I’m sorry it took me a while to read the first chapter of your story. My health has still been challenging me and I had a couple of doctor’s appointments that kept me off the computer and away from the Sims for a few days. Thank goodness I finally managed to carve out some free time today to read this. :)

Needless to say, it was really great to finally get the backstory of your Pemberley build. I also think it’s fantastic that you are incorporating some (albeit modern) elements of Pride and Prejudice. The pictures were a lovely match to the prose, which has me intrigued already. I can see why Will’s father was obsessed with him marrying and producing an heir to the Darcy fortune, but his mother? There has to be some strong motivation behind her desire for Will to adopt a child.

BTW, let me just say that I love the fact that you used Austen’s working title for Pride and Prejudice as the title for your story. I’m not a Janenite by any stretch of the imagination, but my strong interest in Georgian history allowed me to at least recognize that little nod to Austen. And I adore historical “inside jokes”, so your story definitely caught my attention right away. ;)

Also, I think the Sims you created for this story fit it perfectly. Fitzwilliam Darcy is tall, dark and handsome, as I imagined he would be. Henry Wickham has that appropriately devilish air about him. And Georgiana looks both sweet and demure. Excellent work!

I’m really looking forward to reading your next chapter, but you shouldn’t feel rushed to post it. It also takes me a while to write anything at all, so I can certainly sympathize with you. Good luck with everything and keep writing!
    @celticbard , your comments made my day! That you would get so many of my references is just amazing! Although I shouldn't be amazed, since you are obviously an amazing person. :) Hope your health issues allow you some Simming time.
  • cully_ccully_c Posts: 655 Member
    Just finished, really enjoying it! Fun way of displaying too, a change from the normal blog
    Thank you so much, @cully_c ! :) The downside of issuu.com is that it takes me longer to design each pdf chapter for my story than a blog site like Wordpress would. The upside is that it allows a little more design freedom in how I present the chapters.
    Chapter 2 is available!
  • cully_ccully_c Posts: 655 Member
    Thank you, @cully_c ! :) I appreciate your support.
  • CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,084 Member
    I love this! I'm looking forward to keeping up with the D'Arcies!
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
    How kind of you to stop by and comment, @CathyTea ! :) Thank you so much!
  • celticbardcelticbard Posts: 180 Member
    Hi @StSciurus
    I’m so sorry. I know I’m completely late with my comment for ch.2. I really didn’t mean to just disappear like that. I was sick for a long time and then RL became super crazy and things didn’t finally settle down until last week, so, needless to say, The Sims were put on the backburner for a while. Anyway, enough of that nonsense. I came here to talk about your story, after all. ;)

There were so many things I enjoyed in this chapter. Like I mentioned in my last post, I am certainly not a Janeite (isn’t that what Jane Austen fans are called?) but I do remember studying P&P in college for some time, so I was able to pick up on all your little references in this chapter, which was a real treat.

I simply love all the new characters you’ve introduced. Edward (aka Elizabeth) Bennett, his father, his mother (she has to be my fave, I just adore the green locks she’s rocking, how like Mrs. Bennett to seek attention through her sense of fashion, LOL), Charlotte and Julia (aka Jane). Also, I burst out laughing when I got to the part involving the real estate agent, Cookie Kwan. I take it you’re a Simspson’s fan as well? I’m completely addicted to the show, so it was absolutely awesome to see her pop up in your story.

I also think it’s nice that you made Edward a painter. It makes him so much more interesting than Lizzie Bennett, who didn’t seem to be the creative type. And now that he has moved into one of Mr. Darcy’s homes, I’m really looking forward to their imminent first meeting.
    So yes, this was a great follow-up chapter with a lot of cool characters (and cool pics). I eagerly await your next installment and again, I apologize for being so late to review this chapter. I hope you’re doing well and enjoying the springtime in the city!
    So glad you're feeling better, @celticbard , and are back playing TS4 again! Thanks for reading chapter 2! Loved all your comments. And yes, I am a huge Simpsons fan, though I haven't been able to watch much in the past few years. It still remains one of the funniest shows of all time. :D (And you need never apologize for taking care of yourself when RL intrudes! :smiley: )
  • BreeMilesBreeMiles Posts: 8,873 Member
    OhMyGosh love the Story First Impressions. You done amazing sweetie.
    Thank you so much, @BreeMiles , for taking the time to leave such a nice comment! :smiley: