March 22nd - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 1 and Windows 10? (aborting setup)

simlicious2015simlicious2015 Posts: 373 Member
edited May 2022 in The Sims (2000)
Hello. I know this has been been an on going topic for quite some time now but i am getting really, really, realllly frustrated with this whole thing.
So i recently bought the complete collection. installed it. and the only problem i was having was that when i click play and then click the screen size nothing happened. like nothing popped up. the curser would load but nothing would play. so i went on youtube, played around with my computer and they were saying that a certain update on my computer was blocking the sims from playing. so my mom had called geek squad and they were toggling with a few things, downloaded torrent and all of that. so they uninstalled my game (mind you i uninstalled and reinstalled like 5 times) but after they were done with my computer i couldnt even get past the downloading stage. like the setup would load up and then it was say aborting setup
i did alittle research and they were saying that my files were uninstalled properly
or
the game "somehow got damaged"
or
the game is hidden deep within my computer but every time i try to type maxis or the sims nothing pops up bc i have deletd everything maxis related. can someone please tell me is there a way i can get this game to work, i really miss this game...
Post edited by EA_Cade on

Comments

• hummingbird41556hummingbird41556 Posts: 921 Member
    My game claims to be installed but won't run. . . It says it isn't there. :( I'm looking for answers to that one as well.
    I did a clean install, of all my Sims games, a while back just so I could make sure I didn't have any thing Sims 1 related on the computer before attempting the last installation. It's still on the computer now, but even after a clean install, it didn't work. Compatibility mode didn't work. If I stick the Makin' Magic disk into the computer, it comes up and I can press play, it doesn't work. The game just never starts. :( I want to play the game. I miss my Makin' Magic Sim!
  • simlicious2015simlicious2015 Posts: 373 Member
    Yea, I know a couple of people you actually got it to work on windows 10, 8 and 7. but i just havent figured it out. turns out i had an old computer, that was actually compatible with the game so i installed it on there (and of course) it works perfectly! havent had a chance to fully enjoy the game yet because of school, but i can not wait to play.
    if you have an old computer sitting around, you may be able to hook it up and play.
  • LadysimPlayer8LadysimPlayer8 Posts: 775 Member
    edited March 2016
    @simlicious2015
    Good to hear you are able to play The Sims albeit on an old computer. :)
    If I were you, I would restore the Windows 10 computer to a time just prior to any activity by the geek squad, or if not much has been altered on your computer even prior to your first attempt to install The Sims.
    Then do a disk clean up and defragment your computer and then restart the computer.
    Find the Windows Update KB3086255 that causes The Sims not to run and uninstall it. Restart your computer.
    Go to Windows Update and search for new Updates - that Windows Update KB3086255 should be on the list and hide it (right click and hide).
    Install any other Windows Updates and restart your computer.
    Now try installing The Sims - the base game then add House Party, Hot Date and Vacation and then using the base game disk update your game. Install Unleashed, Superstar and Making Magic and use the Making Magic disk to play The Sims.
    You will also have to use run as Administrator, for the game to work.
    Hope this helps?
    Good luck with your game! :)
  • WinMacSims3WinMacSims3 Posts: 1,610 Member
    Also, if you Windows Vista SP2 through Windows 8.1, Microsoft released a security update that prevent SafeDisc games from working so depending if you have the updates, The Sims might not work if you have the update.
    Origin ID: GothicSimmer, YouTube: GothicSimmer
  • simlicious2015simlicious2015 Posts: 373 Member
    @simlicious2015
    Good to hear you are able to play The Sims albeit on an old computer. :)
    If I were you, I would restore the Windows 10 computer to a time just prior to any activity by the geek squad, or if not much has been altered on your computer even prior to your first attempt to install The Sims.
    Then do a disk clean up and defragment your computer and then restart the computer.
    Find the Windows Update KB3086255 that causes The Sims not to run and uninstall it. Restart your computer.
    Go to Windows Update and search for new Updates - that Windows Update KB3086255 should be on the list and hide it (right click and hide).
    Install any other Windows Updates and restart your computer.
    Now try installing The Sims - the base game then add House Party, Hot Date and Vacation and then using the base game disk update your game. Install Unleashed, Superstar and Making Magic and use the Making Magic disk to play The Sims.
    You will also have to use run as Administrator, for the game to work.
    Hope this helps?
    Good luck with your game! :)

I have the sims complete collection. I think ive tried that but for some reason after i had uninstalled it it would not install again. lol i think i just messed the whole process up, but its okay. i just unplug a few cords and plug it into my old computer and i dont have to do any reinstalling. it works perfectly as if it just came out. BTW, how do you get stars on the sims superstar? :#
  • MaiseyMayhemMaiseyMayhem Posts: 1 New Member
    I know this post is mega old, but it's the closet thing I've found that kinda resembles what I'm going through right now (that and I can't figure out how to make a new thread, I'm terrible with forums to tell the truth).

I got The Sims Complete Collection for Xmas, and I've been itching to install it cause it's been some 17 years since I last played it (yes I'm an OG player, lol) but I can't get past installing Hot Date out of the expansions. I've tried going to professor Google, but like I've been seeing a lot on this forum, the only fix I was really able to find required the game to already be installed, so I'm hitting brick walls right now.................

I run a pretty decent gaming pc on Windows 10, and I've tried just about every compatibility setting you can think of and nothing is working. Has anyone ever found a fix for this that doesn't require dodgy illegal downloads or having the game already installed? Ready for chucking the discs in a bin but I REALLY want to play TS1 again, lol.
  • xxcrazyskittlesxxxxcrazyskittlesxx Posts: 16 Member
    > @MaiseyMayhem said:
    > I know this post is mega old, but it's the closest thing I've found that kinda resembles what I'm going through right now (that and I can't figure out how to make a new thread, I'm terrible with forums, to tell the truth).
    >
    > I got The Sims Complete Collection for Xmas, and I've been itching to install it cause it's been some 17 years since I last played it (yes I'm an OG player, lol) but I can't get past installing Hot Date out of the expansions. I've tried going to professor Google, but like I've been seeing a lot on this forum, the only fix I was really able to find required the game to already be installed, so I'm hitting brick walls right now.................
    >
    > I run a pretty decent gaming pc on Windows 10, and I've tried just about every compatibility setting you can think of and nothing is working. Has anyone ever found a fix for this that doesn't require dodgy illegal downloads or having the game already installed? Ready for chucking the discs in a bin but I REALLY want to play TS1 again, lol.

I have been playing since the first game came out as well I have played all of them even the mobile versions. but I can't even get the sims 1 to work with my computer it's windows 10. I hope someone finds a fix soon or EA or Maxis can tell us how to fix it. I may ask my uncle if he has an older computer running an older version of windows.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top