Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Lot House Realistic Size?

20x20 30x40 40x50 50x50 are these in feet?

I bought a RL lot of 700 meters X 500 mts

In Sims 4 which Lot would it fit best just to get an idea

Comments

• Options
    MandysAMessMandysAMess Posts: 2,694 Member
    The lots in TS4 aren't done by feet, they're just done by squares so 20x20 squares, 30x30 squares, etc :D I'm sure someone will know but I think 1 square = about 1.5 feet? Maybe?
    My Simblr: WaffleKone
  • Options
    ehaught58ehaught58 Posts: 2,765 Member
    edited February 2016
    I think each tile is a yard square, or pretty darn close to it.
    Post edited by ehaught58 on
    fkgck4xkargo.png
    "If you build it, they will come." - Movie: Field of Dreams
  • Options
    pixiejuicepixiejuice Posts: 711 Member
    You could guess by furniture sizes. So if a couch is 3 squares and in RL it's 6 feet long, then maybe 1 square = 2 feet?

That seems to work for other things, too. A living chair is 1 square = 2 feet across. A desk is 2 squares = 4 feet across. A bed is 3 squares long = 6 feet long?

So maybe you could say a 20 wide lot is 40 feet across?

I just spent way too much time thinking about that, lol!
  • Options
    ladybreidladybreid Posts: 3,455 Member
    I'm thinking its near 3 feet because fridges and ovens are each 1 square and irl, they are about 3 feet wide.
    wz3Vdbh.jpg
    Saying "not to be rude", then blatently being rude does not excuse rude behavior.
  • Options
    EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    ladybreid wrote: »
    I'm thinking its near 3 feet because fridges and ovens are each 1 square and irl, they are about 3 feet wide.

Only double-wide fridges and large ovens are 3' wide. My fridge-freezer is just about 2' wide and my cooker is 1.5' wide, but it's a rather narrow model.
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    nator316 wrote: »

I don't think any of the lots in game are big enough. Biggest lot is 64 X 64.

You would need a lot size of 1167 x 667 (assuming each tile is 2')
  • Options
    PiperbirdPiperbird Posts: 4,161 Member
    If you are trying to make your own home here is what I would suggest:

Start on the largest lot available to you. Build the home room by room, as apposed to making the outer walls and filling it afterword. Place furniture as you go for size reference. Once you are happy with your home, save it to your library and place it on smaller lots until you find the one that fits the way you like it. The squares in the game don't seem to consistently correspond with real measurements, so sometimes you have to get creative with 'extra' spaces your RL house may not actually have.

I've built several homes that I have lived in, and it can really be fun. The game will not allow you to be exact, unless you have a very simple home, but you can get pretty close.

Also, pictures please! ^_^
    Visit me in the gallery! CC-free builds under origin name Piperbird!
    06-01-15_5-18nbspPM_zps8s8jcirw.png
  • Options
    NeiaNeia Posts: 4,190 Member
    edited February 2016
    I don't remember where I saw it, but some SimGurus said they went with 1 tile = 1 square meter.

ETA : Here it is https://www.reddit.com/r/thesims/comments/2n6z73/ive_always_wondered_this_but_approximately_how/
  • Options
    nator316nator316 Posts: 130 Member
    The pictures one on pdf and I can't make heads or tails of it; so I'll need to go with the Autocad file my architect gave me.

In RL it's on a Condo in Nuevo Vallarta; it will have 3 floors and a elevator, Jacuzzi, and a lot of things I'll show if I can read the render I was send.
  • Options
    EmmaVane wrote: »

Is there actually a 64x64 I though the largest house was 50x50?
  • Options
    greenXengreenXen Posts: 1,227 Member

Is there actually a 64x64 I though the largest house was 50x50?

There is a 64 x64 lot in the Get Together expansion.
  • Options
    cheifeagleeyecheifeagleeye Posts: 542 Member
    I have the collector's Edition Guide and the info say in the build mode is a diagram says that the house was build in meters that what the book says.
  • Options
    ladybreidladybreid Posts: 3,455 Member
    edited February 2016
    Neia wrote: »
    I don't remember where I saw it, but some SimGurus said they went with 1 tile = 1 square meter.

ETA : Here it is https://www.reddit.com/r/thesims/comments/2n6z73/ive_always_wondered_this_but_approximately_how/

Good to know, that would be about 39 inches (slightly more I cant remember but its just under 1/2" more than 39 inches.

Edit:
    Here it is 39 3/8 inches to a meter http://www.metric-conversions.org/length/meters-to-inches-table.htm (so sad I had to look for a conversion table )
    wz3Vdbh.jpg
    Saying "not to be rude", then blatently being rude does not excuse rude behavior.
  • Options
    cheifeagleeyecheifeagleeye Posts: 542 Member
    the height of one house say 13.5m that what the book says
  • Options
    edited February 2016

That doesn't seem right to me. 1 m = 3' 4" approx. (30 cm ruler is approx. 12 inches)

So 2 tiles would be 6' 8" and three tiles would be 10'

Beds are just over 6' long IRL (because most adults are under 6') and about 2.5 tiles in game.

If tiles equal 1 m, then in game beds are 8' 4"
  • Options
    the height of one house say 13.5m that what the book says
    All houses are 13.5 or some like the Manor that's like 4 floors what's it height since you say max height 13.5?
  • Options

That doesn't seem right to me. 1 m = 3' 4" approx. (30 cm ruler is approx. 12 inches)

Beds are just over 6' long IRL (because most adults are under 6') and about 2.5 tiles in game.

Well a guy told the Guru this

Then you guys must have some 🐸🐸🐸🐸 furnishings at your houses. :P
  • Options

That doesn't seem right to me. 1 m = 3' 4" approx.

Beds usually do a bit more that 2m IRL, because there's the bed frame too, not just the mattress. TS4 beds are not touching the wall either, so they are a bit less than 2.5 tiles in game. (Sorry for the metric system, I only know this one ;))
  • Options
    BRB, finding tape-measure.
  • Options
    BRB, finding tape-measure.

This bed is 209cm for example (http://www.ikea.com/gb/en/catalog/products/S19019839/) and looks pretty close to some of the ones we have in game. Perhaps bed sizes are not the same around the world though.
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    My standard double pine bedframe is 78.5" which is 6' 6.5" (I underestimated a little)

Six and a half feet over approx. 2.5 tiles. The tiles would be approx. 2' 6" which is about 75 cm.
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,565 Member
    Not useful at all — one square is equal to one panel of sheet rock. :p Me? I draw up my plans on graph paper and count squares. Not the most accurate way, I'm sure, but I get the shape I'm looking for. Also, using the furniture to help judge the size of the room is very helpful. Can't have a realistic small bathroom, as I had in my first house, where you could all but bathe, brush your teeth and use the potty at the same time. Heaven forbid you should be sitting on the throne and have someone push the door open. Can't tell you the number of times I got my knees smacked. LOL But, in the game Sims need more space. Put those items in the room and see how much space exits.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    I have one save, my "Create-a-lot" save, where I build every house or building that I use in my game or download to the gallery. I normally use a larger lot than is required so I have room to move things around. Then I save and place it on the lot in one of my play saves or place it on a lot the right size for downloading to the gallery. Some of my favorite lots to play are two 20x15 lots. The houses on these take up most all of the lot, but they are cute, little bungalows and fun to play. I've always thought that each tile was a yard square, 3'-0x3'-0.
  • Options
    The 64x64 in RL would be like 2000 x 2000 meters since I build my house of 700mts x 400 mts and I got room to fit 1 1/2 house of the same size. So the question remains is 1 square really 1 meter.