Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What Can I Do To Free Some Space On Sims 4?

What will I do to free some space in my Sims 4 game? What files and folders will I delete in my Electronic Arts folder?

Comments

• AyumapAyumap Posts: 3,425 Member
    I'm not sure personally, but I'd guess at least clear out screenshots and videos you don't want.
    2m60a6q.jpg
    *There's nothing wrong with loving the Sims 4, there's also nothing wrong with seeking improvements.
    A list of Mods I use.|My Sims 4 Mod and CC "Master" post. Helpful Links included.
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    First, you can reset the gameplay folder to delete all cache items:
    1. Move (not copy) Saves, Tray, Mods, Screenshots, and Custom Music folders and the Options.ini file to your desktop. Delete the Scratch subfolder from inside Saves.
    2. Delete the rest of the The Sims 4 folder from your Documents > Electronic Arts folder.
    3. Start the game, and exit the game. Now you have a fresh Documents > Electronic Arts > The Sims 4 folder.
    4. Copy all the folders and the file back and start the game again.

I move my screenshots and videos to a different drive periodically, since I don't use them in-game. I also do that sometimes with older saves that I suspect I won't come back to.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.