The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Ugly Babies?

Comments

• ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    TS2 > nothing > nothing > TS3 (especially with little CC legs and hair) > TS4
    I don't know TS 1 babies. Freeplay babies are on top though, gameplay wise, sorry to say.
    They are. The Sims Freeplay has the cutest babies interactions yet.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • AleksendruckenAleksendrucken Posts: 38 Member
    I wish you could do a little more with the babies, like watch tv with it or something not just have it like an object
  • tanakakitanakaki Posts: 240 Member
    To me, Sims 2 babies were the cutest. You could see whose hair, skin and eyes they inherited. Which was always the first thing I looked for during the birth cutscene. ^_^ Sims 4 babies look okay, but I've never managed to get a good picture of one.
  • jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
    edited January 2016
    @JoAnne65 wrote: »
    jackjack_k wrote: »
    @CreoleSim wrote: »
    They're pretty cute, I'd like it more if it was an actual Sim, and not semi-functional decor.

They were objects in The Sims 3 as well, which is why you could download CC babies (really weird).
    It's not so much them being objects that's the issue, it's what we can do with them that matters.
    Objects with need bars? And though I'm not sure (far from a CC expert) I can't imagine you can download an entire baby for 3. CC for babies yes, but the entire baby? Including the need bars? I do agree you can do a lot with babies in Sims 4 though.

Baby_zpszfdsa4ho.png

You download babies that replace that the other babies in 3. Which you could not do if they were Sims.
    It's a reskin of a current object.

tumblr_inline_nkr7me0C2T1rbnrcb.jpg

And Sims 4 babies do have Need bars and Emotions. They are just hidden (like Sims 2). You can see a babies emotions in the bottom of the screen.

In 4, if you leave your baby hungry and then age them up, they will be hungry when they age up. If you don't interact with them, they will have low social when they age up. They just don't have a Needs panel, because in Sims 2 and Sims 4 they are programmed differently to normal Sims.
  • Jessa_DakkarJessa_Dakkar Posts: 9,737 Member
    edited January 2016
    They're pretty cute, I'd like it more if it was an actual Sim, and not semi-functional decor.

They were objects in The Sims 3 as well, which is why you could download CC babies (really weird).
    It's not so much them being objects that's the issue, it's what we can do with them that matters.
    Objects with need bars? And though I'm not sure (far from a CC expert) I can't imagine you can download an entire baby for 3. CC for babies yes, but the entire baby? Including the need bars? I do agree you can do a lot with babies in Sims 4 though.

Baby_zpszfdsa4ho.png

You download babies that replace that the other babies in 3. Which you could not do if they were Sims.

And Sims 4 babies do have Need bars and Emotions. They are just hidden (like Sims 2). You can see a babies emotions in the bottom of the screen.

In 4, if you leave your baby hungry and then age them up, they will be hungry when they age up. If you don't interact with them, they will have low social when they age up. They just don't have a Needs panel, because in Sims 2 and Sims 4 they are programmed differently to normal Sims.

Jackjack... that is baby CC... NOT CC babies. There is a big difference.
    Those are NOT babies for download. Those are outfits that give the appearance of giving the existing babies legs because not everyone was terribly fond of the burrito wrap.

Again, that is just CC that can be used on Sims 3 babies. You can't replace sims 3 babies with those.
    http://mysims3blog.blogspot.com/2013/08/sleeper-footies-for-your-baby-sims-by.html
    http://sunnyccfinds.tumblr.com/post/115127263643/sims-3-baby-resource-list

Downloadable babies for TS3, smh.
  • InfraGreenInfraGreen Posts: 6,693 Member
    I think the TS2 babies fit the game well. TS3 and TS4...it's about the level of detail. Which babies just don't have in either of those games compared to older sims. It also means that nuance about making eyes that aren't scary is lost too. :(
    A thousand bared teeth, a thousand bowed heads

outrun / blog / tunglr
  • SarahsShadySarahsShady Posts: 963 Member
    I seriously think all the babies look the in same in TS4.
    giphy.gif

Please Bring Back Toddlers, Realistic Teenagers and Create a World.
    Make the Sims (4) Great Again<3

• Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    Hi :)

Yes, I find these babies creepy, and not in a fun way ... they really make me happy I can grow them right up. :shivers:
  • PunkyMonkey101PunkyMonkey101 Posts: 53 Member
    Ive never played the Sims 2 but after reading all these comments I think that the Sims 2 may have alot of good stuff in the game so I want to see if I can get it. Im surprised that about half of you find sims 4 babies to be cute and the other half of you find Sims 2 babies to be cute while sims 4 babies to be ugly (or something like that), thanks for the feedback! :)
    Hi, my origin ID is Jokersandwich. :#
    edited January 2016

Baby_zpszfdsa4ho.png

Those are NOT babies for download. Those are outfits that give the appearance of giving the existing babies legs because not everyone was terribly fond of the burrito wrap.

Again, that is just CC that can be used on Sims 3 babies. You can't replace sims 3 babies with those.
    http://mysims3blog.blogspot.com/2013/08/sleeper-footies-for-your-baby-sims-by.html

You're not understanding. When you download that CC it counts as an object re-texture NOT Sim clothing.
    I'm not saying you download the babies themselves, but you download CC to re-texture how the baby looks, instead of Sim clothing like the rest of the life stages.

If you look at how the Baby CC works, it's not clothing. It's an object retexture. And for that to happen, it needs to be an object.
    InfraGreen wrote: »
    I think the TS2 babies fit the game well. TS3 and TS4...it's about the level of detail. Which babies just don't have in either of those games compared to older sims. It also means that nuance about making eyes that aren't scary is lost too. :(

Sims 2 babies >>
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited January 2016

Baby_zpszfdsa4ho.png

You're not understanding. When you download that CC it counts as an object re-texture NOT Sim clothing.
    I'm not saying you download the babies themselves, but you download CC to re-texture how the baby looks, instead of Sim clothing like the rest of the life stages.

If you look at how the Baby CC works, it's not clothing. It's an object retexture. And for that to happen, it needs to be an object.
    Like I said, I don't know much about CC, especially not for sims, because I play them vanilla in all versions. I did use a CC skin in Sims 2 for a short time though and I do now in 3 to try it out, and I can assure you those skins didn't replace my sims, they just cover them with a layer, like Jessa says.
    "You download babies that replace the other babies in 3" is what you said, which is the same as "you download the babies themselves". You can cover everything in the games with CC, so by your definition all sims are objects too?

Again, just guessing here, but I have a feeling in Sims 4 that it's not the baby with the (hidden, I don't mind that btw because it's quite realistic not being able to tell what your infant wants, in fact I like that aspect in 2) need bars, but the crib? Because the baby is a thing. A lifeless object. The clothes of the baby even changed colour and print when I recoloured the crib. They are clearly tied together to make it function. The worst part for me is that the interactions with the baby are constantly interrupted by putting them back in. Which is an admitted flaw, it was not the plan they'd do that. But so far (correct me if I'm wrong because it's months ago I played one in the game and that was very briefly) they haven't managed to do something about it. Hopefully they will.

The fact there is a hidden 'need' bar doesn't make it alive as such btw. Cookers and toilets have those kind of 'need bars' as well. That doesn't make them a sim.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • JackUnguguJackUngugu Posts: 26 New Member
    > @DeKay said:
    > Have you seen real life babies? :D

lol... some real life babies are annoying...some are cute

Baby_zpszfdsa4ho.png

Like I said, I don't know much about CC, especially not for sims, because I play them vanilla in all versions. I did use a CC skin in Sims 2 for a short time though and I do now in 3 to try it out, and I can assure you those skins didn't replace my sims, they just cover them with a layer, like Jessa says.
    "You download babies that replace the other babies in 3" is what you said, which is the same as "you download the babies themselves". You can cover everything in the games with CC, so by your definition all sims are objects too?

Again, just guessing here, but I have a feeling in Sims 4 that it's not the baby with the (hidden, I don't mind that btw because it's quite realistic not being able to tell what your infant wants, in fact I like that aspect in 2) need bars, but the crib? Because the baby is a thing. A lifeless object. The clothes of the baby even changed colour and print when I recoloured the crib. They are clearly tied together to make it function. The worst part for me is that the interactions with the baby are constantly interrupted by putting them back in. Which is an admitted flaw, it was not the plan they'd do that. But so far (correct me if I'm wrong because it's months ago I played one in the game and that was very briefly) they haven't managed to do something about it. Hopefully they will.

The fact there is a hidden 'need' bar doesn't make it alive as such btw. Cookers and toilets have those kind of 'need bars' as well. That doesn't make them a sim.

You're not getting it lol.

I never said they will replace the babies in your game in the way that you're thinking.

If you download a re textured Fridge as CC when you boot up your game it will replace the original look of the fridge. The object is still the same, but it looks completely different.

And I'm not denying the Sim babies are objects in 4, but I can tell you that if you go through the game files in 3, you can find the baby "object" and there's a mod to change the object as if it's in create a sim.
  • leo3487leo3487 Posts: 4,062 Member
    I don't know TS 1 babies.

TS4 babies = TS1 babies
  • BrittanyChick22BrittanyChick22 Posts: 2,130 Member
    edited January 2016
    The babies in the sims 4 aren't that cute at all, they have really smooth looking skin that doesn't have much texture. Sims 3 babies are tad bit cuter and have texure/detail to the skin but still weren't all that great looking. But my god those sims 4 babies...i swear thing looks scary looking at time and im sure its after our souls. maxresdefault.jpg[img]But with cc skin and such they look so much innocent, cuter and have more detail- not that bland smooth skin look:[/img]14112-670x591.jpg[img][/img]ewwwwbabies.png[img][/img]
    giphy.gif

• JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member

Baby_zpszfdsa4ho.png

You're not getting it lol.

I never said they will replace the babies in your game in the way that you're thinking.

If you download a re textured Fridge as CC when you boot up your game it will replace the original look of the fridge. The object is still the same, but it looks completely different.

And I'm not denying the Sim babies are objects in 4, but I can tell you that if you go through the game files in 3, you can find the baby "object" and there's a mod to change the object as if it's in create a sim.
    You never said the look is replaced, you said the entire baby is replaced. The same thing happens when you download CC for sims in other life stages, so I really can't follow what you're saying and take fridges for an example. If you mean, by baby "object" in the files that it's all pixels, yes, I am aware of that ;) I think baby's in Sims 3 are boring by the way, I always age them.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • KiaraSims4ModsKiaraSims4Mods Posts: 2,782 Member
    I hate their heads, so I hate babies. Toddlers are the cutest in TS3, but they became ugly kids.

Kids are cute in TS4 when they age to children.
  • bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member
    If telemetry shows y'all don't play with your Sims4 babies and age them up, POOF, no babies in Sims 5....if there is a Sims 5 :(
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    TS2 babies then TS4 babies then TS3 and then TS1 babies.
    I don't know TS 1 babies. Freeplay babies are on top though, gameplay wise, sorry to say.

Well I will have to agree with that. You can even change their clothes. Though in TS2 you could bath them in the sink which was pretty funny, always reminds me of that scene in Incredibles where Elastic Girl was giving Jack Jack a bath in the kitchen. :p
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • LosaruTaiyoLosaruTaiyo Posts: 10,807 Member
    TS2 babies then TS4 babies then TS3 and then TS1 babies.

Well I will have to agree with that. You can even change their clothes. Though in TS2 you could bath them in the sink which was pretty funny, always reminds me of that scene in Incredibles where Elastic Girl was giving Jack Jack a bath in the kitchen. :p

Will have to remember that if I ever get back into my Sims 2 game. And hey, I was told I was bathed more than once in a sink as a baby up to toddler. If it was a double sink when you were about 2 or 3, then you had a place for toys. :3
    D6PfW.jpg?1322673184

I have no memory of this place. Time to start anew I guess
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,467 Member
    Scobre wrote: »
    Sims 4 babies I think are the ugliest of the series and badly need CC help. I even liked the Sims 1 babies better. My favorite and the cutest babies are in the Sims 2. It annoys me how babies are a confined object again.

Anyway first thing I thought when I saw the babies is how much they reminded me of the plastic Barbie babies.
    1edfe7b06a1ef8b806a85facfef6e518.jpg

Oh, I had that Barbie Set. I believe it was called Babysitting/er and came with the twins.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    bekkasan wrote: »
    If telemetry shows y'all don't play with your Sims4 babies and age them up, POOF, no babies in Sims 5....if there is a Sims 5 :(
    I have a bad feeling the Sims 5 won't have babies, toddlers, or teens because of Simmers not being happy with those life stages or lack of life stages. It makes telemetry skewed that way. I thought the CEO wasn't going to be dependent on solely telemetry for EA's games according to his interviews. I hope he keeps the Sims 4 in mind as well with that.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • SarahsShadySarahsShady Posts: 963 Member
    bekkasan wrote: »
    Your right on there. I've only have 4 babies in my game and aged up 2 during the entire time I've owned TS4. Not because I don't like having or playing with babies, toddlers or kids but because they are so poorly made.. or non existent in 4. Making sim families besides building is my favorite part of The Sims. I loved bathing the babies in the sink and how adorable the were when they made their little noises. I miss being able to teach a tot to walk on wobbly legs and read a book to her. I want to be able to tell my teens apart from Adult sims!
    If EA goes by this telemetry it would be totally wrong! Family play is huge to me.
    In case EA Maxis or any sim developer wants to know what the players want they need to look at ALL the feedback. OR They might just want to take a look at the threads on here.
    Non-Object Babies! Toddlers! Preteens! and Proper Teenagers!

giphy.gif

Please Bring Back Toddlers, Realistic Teenagers and Create a World.
    Make the Sims (4) Great Again<3

• IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    edited January 2016

Baby_zpszfdsa4ho.png

Of course you can. You can download re-textures for the sims also, that completely change how they look. I have some in my game atm. How is this any different from downloading custom skins for sims?

(Was trying to reply to your original comment, by the way.)