This site has entered read-only mode as of July 18th. The new Forums.EA.com are now live.

Indoor diving platform question... SOLVED!!.

Elegantblkchina1Elegantblkchina1 Posts: 103 Member
So I feel like I'm the only one that doesn't know how to put a diving platform in my basement pool since I can't seem to find any threads at all on this. I feel like I should be able to do this task simply since the Harbor Quarter Gym in Windenberg has one in the basement. I have even studied the one at the gym to see if I was missing something.
When I try to install the platform I keep getting an error message about intersecting objects, but there is LITERALLY NOTHING around the pool. I even tried raising the wall level. NOTHING! The platform stays red.
Can someone please please help??
Post edited by Elegantblkchina1 on

Comments

• Options
    sillyangel0906sillyangel0906 Posts: 5,407 Member
    edited December 2015
    It might be because of the ceiling. It may not be high enough for the Sims to perform the dives. Try using the cheat bb.moveobjects.
    Origin ID - Sillyangel0906

Q7wLwse.png
  • Options
    I thought the same thing except my ceiling is higher than the one at the gym. I try to avoid cheats if possible, but I may have no choice in this matter. Thanks!
  • Options
    Renamed2002180839Renamed2002180839 Posts: 3,444 Member
    edited December 2015
    I just changed the ceiling height in my basement and it worked. Maybe the gym ceiling is higher than you think or maybe the game mechanics read the basement height differently. In any event raising the ceiling does work.

Edit: I checked and my ceiling height is set to the highest.
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,913 Member
    Can you make sure it's not near any foundation or stairs that could be upstairs on the ground level?
    My Top Song of the Day: Still Fly by The Devil Wears Prada
    Y2D8eAf.gif
  • Options
    @JasonAnthonySterling, I'll check again, maybe it's at the middle level instead of the highest. Thanks!
  • Options
    edited December 2015
    @DeKay, nope nothing is near it. I put it in first without anything around to make sure it didn't intersect with anything. Thanks for replying!
  • Options
    TheGoodOldGamerTheGoodOldGamer Posts: 3,559 Member
    Make sure there aren't any lights above either. I had an issue the other night placing one of the new closets in a build, because a ceiling light was in front of it. Not in the same space. In front. I guess where the Sim would first walk up to it (though the light is higher than the Sim anyway so it shouldn't matter, lol).
    Live, laugh and love. Life's too short not to.
  • Options
    OP, can you try to take screenshot of the top floor and the basement pool floor so we can take a look at it?

Post your pics to imgur.com and paste the URL links here without the "http://" or put spaces in between.
    Y2D8eAf.gif
  • Options
    @DeKay, later this evening I'm going to see if I can raise the ceiling again and if that doesn't work then I'll send a screenshot of the area. Fingers crossed!
    Wow, everyone is so helpful! I've been playing since Sims 1 and I've never been in this situation of something not working out. So this is my first experience getting help. It's greatly appreciated!
  • Options
    edited December 2015
    Yes, make sure it's at the highest wall. And make sure it's the basement wall that you're clicking and not the the top floor.

And you're very welcome!
    Y2D8eAf.gif
  • Options
    @JasonAnthonySterling @DeKay, raised the ceiling again and it worked! Thank you!! :)
  • Options
    Yay! Awesome stuff!
    Y2D8eAf.gif
  • Options
    Renamed2002180839Renamed2002180839 Posts: 3,444 Member
    Glad it worked! I had the same trouble initially with the pool in the basement of the gym in Windenberg- lol!
  • Options
    Chirba97Chirba97 Posts: 6 New Member
    You guys helped me too with this! 👌 Thank you!
  • Options
    EA_JozEA_Joz Posts: 3,164 EA Staff (retired)
    Hello @Chirba97 Glad to hear that this thread was of help. Just remember that necroposting is against the rules. What is necroposting?

Necropost. Reviving, updating or bumping old, outdated and irrelevant threads is not helpful for our community. It's best to check when the thread was created before you hit post, just to make sure it's not 2 years old for example.

I will be closing this thread. Please review our Posting Rules & Guidelines here:

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/922566/forum-dos-and-donts#latest

~EA_Joz
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top