Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Ashes to Ashes: A Legacy [Temporary Hiatus 4/4]

Comments

• CitizenErased14CitizenErased14 Posts: 12,187 Member
    The new update is here! :) In today's chapter, Alex makes a new friend...

LMEGuBq.jpg
    snvAF3B.png
  • roseinblack69roseinblack69 Posts: 4,070 Member
    You've got a pretty friend, Alex ;) I'm curious where this friendship will lead you :)
  • solarafeysolarafey Posts: 17 Member
    I really love your writing style. You have a very good sense of character and you portray Alex's personality very well. He is very deep, not as one-sided as many Sim characters.

I am very excited to play Windenburg. I can't purchase Get Together until after (or hopefully I'll receive it on) Christmas. What do you think of it so far? I love writing fairy tales and I know it will be the perfect setting for my Lost Princess legacy.
    edited December 2015
    Thank you for reading @solarafey ! :) I'm so glad you like Alex's personality! He is from my completed SimLit story (though he was a super duper minor background character in that one :lol:) so his family has a really rich backstory and I think that helps me "get inside his head" a bit easier, because I feel very in touch with his family and their situation, and I can kind of imagine how their experiences have shaped him as a person.

Windenburg/Get Together is super awesome! Windenburg is a beautiful world and there are many fun features added in this EP that make it really easy to make and maintain friendships (and relationships). I totally recommend it!

Thanks again for reading! :)
    snvAF3B.png
    Today's chapter is short and sweet (but not the shortest, believe it or not! We have some 50-60 word long chapters in the future :lol:)

yQoi0GL.jpg
    snvAF3B.png
    Yay! Great news, Alex! ;) I'm sure things will become even better in the nearest future <3
  • SilentWolf101SilentWolf101 Posts: 3,898 Member
    So excited for the next chapter!
    ~Open your mind before your mouth~
    Yes, I'm still working on my stories. But I am restarting them (again). Links will come when they're up. :)
    Come Join The Mafia! | Monthly Simlit Story Challenges
    Thank you @roseinblack69 and @SilentWolf101 !!!! 7 more minutes until today's chapter :tongue:
    snvAF3B.png
    edited December 2015
    Today's chapter is here!

imaPXqe.jpg
    Post edited by CitizenErased14 on
    snvAF3B.png
    Julyvee94 wrote: »
    Darn partihaus people xD

Hahahaha I know @Julyvee94 ! I didn't even realize until it was too late and Alex was basically smitten :lol: but maybe she'll change her ways for him? :tongue:
    snvAF3B.png
    Aww... Poor Alex :D If you really like her you'll have to accept it, buddy ;) Let's hope she'll change her life's style in time :)
    Another day, another chapter :tongue:

BUIdLWH.png
    snvAF3B.png
    edited December 2015
    Nothing will happen, Alex. You'll know about her true feelings to you at least ;) I think you should do that.
    Post edited by roseinblack69 on
  • LishacakeLishacake Posts: 296 Member
    I'm really enjoying Ashes to Ashes. I'm a big fan of your writing (I cried multiple times reading Dust to Dust from start to finish in 2 days), so I can't wait to watch this story unfold. Looking forward to the next update! <3
    @Lishacake Ahh! It's you! The person who totally made my day yesterday with your wonderful comments on Dust to Dust! It really meant so much to me! I don't know if you saw, but I wrote back to you on your comments :) That story meant so much to me, so having people still read it after it's over is really wonderful.

I'm glad you're enjoying Ashes to Ashes so far and I really appreciate your continued support. You're awesome!!
    snvAF3B.png
    @Lishacake Same! I cried and screamed in the two days of binge--reading the story. XD
    Yes, I'm still working on my stories. But I am restarting them (again). Links will come when they're up. :)
    edited December 2015
    @CitizenErased14 said:
    > @Lishacake Ahh! It's you! The person who totally made my day yesterday with your wonderful comments on Dust to Dust! It really meant so much to me! I don't know if you saw, but I wrote back to you on your comments :) That story meant so much to me, so having people still read it after it's over is really wonderful.
    >
    > I'm glad you're enjoying Ashes to Ashes so far and I really appreciate your continued support. You're awesome!!

Ah, I'm so glad my comments were appearing for you! I posted a really long one on another chapter (I think it was 85?) and it didn't actually go through (which was crushing because I was posting on Chrome which doesn't have my form recovery add-on that saves what I type out) so I was a little worried that something was up. I know it pertained to a small (but incredibly guilty) part of me wishing that Ev and Lucas would be together, haha.

Thank you so much for writing it. Reading legacy stories is one of my favourite ways to pass time and yours was just an utter pleasure to read from start to finish. I was in a Skype call with my best friend and he was privy to aaaaaall of my reactions to each chapter (I'm still embarrassed that he had to comfort me when I was crying my eyes out, lol). Your writing style is just so evocative and very, very human. You give your characters so much life that I felt myself getting attached to them and their own personal stories. Interestingly enough, as much as I love your writing, the interlude chapters are probably my favourite. It was very fun to try and guess what was going on in each picture. I also thought that the way you weaved gameplay mechanics (ghost colours changing depending on their mood) into your writing was fantastic.

I could honestly wax poetic about Dust to Dust. Thank you again for sharing your talent with us. <3

>
    >@SilentWolf101 said:
    > @Lishacake Same! I cried and screamed in the two days of binge--reading the story. XD

I'm so glad that I wasn't the only one! I was hooked after chapter one. I just couldn't put it down even when my heart was breaking!

(I have no idea how to use these forums. The post formatting is a little strange but I think it's because I'm new?) "orz
    @Lishacake Yeah, it's just because you're not a member yet. But I feel the same way!!!!
    > @SilentWolf101 said:
    > @Lishacake Yeah, it's just because you're not a member yet. But I feel the same way!!!!

Thanks for clearing that up! I really hope I'll become a member soon (it's a little odd because my account is 2 years old and I was able to post images before). I want to be able to post pictures of my game and join in a little more. :cry:

Oh well. At least I can still read awesome legacies like this, haha. <3
    @Lishacake You are literally making me blush right now! :lol: Thank you for all your sweet words! :blush: and @SilentWolf101 You are very sweet too, as always! :heart:

Lisha, I hope you get member status soon! And there are so many amazing stories around here :) Have you ever tried writing a SimLit story yourself? It's so fun! There's a great thread here on the forums called the Writers' Lounge that's a great place to chat about stories and SimLit writing! Feel free to say hi there sometime! :)
    snvAF3B.png
    > @CitizenErased14 said:
    > @Lishacake You are literally making me blush right now! :lol: Thank you for all your sweet words! :blush: and @SilentWolf101 You are very sweet too, as always! :heart:
    >
    > Lisha, I hope you get member status soon! And there are so many amazing stories around here :) Have you ever tried writing a SimLit story yourself? It's so fun! There's a great thread here on the forums called the Writers' Lounge that's a great place to chat about stories and SimLit writing! Feel free to say hi there sometime! :)

Thank you! I really want to but I'm painfully shy when it comes to sharing my writing. It's silly because I still take tons of screenshots of my game, mostly to show my friends, but it'd be nice to use them in a legacy story.

I'll definitely take a look at that thread! <3
    @Lishacake If you haven't been active in a while, then I think it removes membership... So that might be it. Another great thread is http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/597514/sims-and-friends-share-your-stories as it's where I normally hang out. :)
    @CitizenErased14 Thank you. I apologize for blowing up your thread a bit and bringing it a little off topic...
    edited December 2015
    Argh. Double posts...
    In today's chapter, Alex finally reveals his true feelings...

quIgjgw.png

Thanks for reading! :)
    snvAF3B.png

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top