Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Drifter Challenge - House 010 - Rules

VihishaVihisha Posts: 2,767 Member
edited March 5 in Nominated Threads
GAME SET UP FOR THOSE CONTINUING THE FULL 24 HOUSE CHALLENGE
-Built Lots in Oasis Springs and Willow Creek worlds may be replaced (with the same lot type)
-Place a Spa on the Pique Hearth Lot in Willow Creek (Spa Day needed)
-You are free to evict and/or delete any Sims except The Heir from House 009
All other worlds and vacation destinations may be built upon or populated however you'd like
*Adding in unique Lot types from other packs is encouraged

GAME SET UP FOR THOSE PLAYING JUST HOUSE 010
-Evict any Sims who are living on the Pebble Burrow Lot in Oasis Springs world
-Demolish the Pebble Burrow Lot
-Set the Pebble Burrow Lot to Residential
All other worlds and vacation destinations may be built upon or populated however you'd like
*Adding in unique Lot types from other packs is encouraged

MAKING THE DRIFTER
Create one Sim who is a:
-Young Adult
-Humanoid or other Occult from the following list:
*Alien (Get To Work needed)
*Mermaid (Island Living needed)
*Spellcaster (Realm Of Magic needed)
-Select the Vegetarian Trait (City Living needed)
*Using Story Mode for creating The Drifter is not allowed
*If you download a Sim, you will need to make sure that they do not have any Skills or extra Traits gained as this could give unwanted advantages

REQUIRED GAME SETTINGS
Under Gameplay tab in the Game Options menu select the following:
-Autonomy - Full
-Auto Age (Played Sims) - Yes
-Sim Lifespan - Normal

WHERE TO START AND LAST MINUTE PREPARATIONS
-In Game Options set Season length as as well as rain/snow options (Seasons needed)
-In Game Options you may choose to opt out of Fame (Get Famous needed)
-Move The Drifter onto the Pebble Burrow Residential Lot in Oasis Springs
-You may select 1-3 Lot Traits in Build Mode (these can be changed at any time)
-Using the Calendar create/add any Holidays or Events you'd like (Seasons needed)
-Sell or Delete any objects that The Drifter has brought along in their inventory
*If you choose to keep any items, you must deduct the cost of the object(s) from the Active Household Funds before ANY other object(s) are allowed to be purchased
-Drop the Active Household Funds to $0 Simoleons (testingcheats on + Money 0)
-Save your game
-Make a backup save (start of House 010)
*I highly recommend that you make these separate game save files so that if you are unsatisfied with how things turn out or you experience a House Challenge fail, you will have the option to redo House 010 without losing all prior world progress

THE PLAYABLE SIM THIS HOUSE CHALLENGE IS:
-The Drifter (the previous heir coming from House 009 if you are continuing)
*The Sim you created if you are just doing House 010
*All other Household Sims are considered non-playable who may only be controlled using options available through their portrait in the bottom left hand corner

REQUIRED GOALS OF HOUSE 010
1. As a minimum create a 2 Bedroom, 2 Bathroom home worth at least $50k Simoleons
*Include a pool and a designated personal workout area

2. Achieve level 10 of the Athletic Skill
*If you have Spa Day you may achieve level 10 of the Wellness Skill instead

3. Achieve level 10 of the Gourmet Cooking Skill

The Drifter must eat as though they are are a Vegetarian or at least a health food buff
*If you have City Living you will have access to the Vegetarian Trait

4. Produce and raise the Heir to the Young Adult Life Stage
*When The Heir reaches the Young Adult stage, you must stop game play and save if you are continuing on to House 011

ALL ABOUT THE HEIR
-The Heir is the firstborn baby made between The Drifter and another Sim who is part of the Active Household at the time the WooHoo For Baby interaction is used
*Vampire babies cannot be considered as The Heir

IT IS A HOUSE CHALLENGE FAIL IF:
-Any Required Goal was not completed before The Heir ages to Young Adult
-The Heir dies or is otherwise removed from the Active Household

WHERE AND WHEN YOU CAN TRAVEL
$1k Simoleons sitting in Active Household Funds is required ANY time you travel to:

-Party or Event locations the Household is asked to attend or playable Sims host
-Willow Creek - to access the tree to Sylvan Glade
-Sylvan Glade
-Parks
-The Grotto
-Nightclubs
-Gyms
-Granite Falls (Outdoor Retreat needed)
-Spas (Spa Day needed)
-The Bluffs (Get Together needed) - invite required
-The Ruins (Get Together needed) - invite required
-The Von Haunt Estate (Get Together needed) - invite required
-Club locations the Household is asked to attend or playable Sims host (Get Together needed)
-Festival locations (City Living needed) - invite required
-Restaurants (Dine Out needed)
-Vet Clinics (Cats And Dogs needed)
-Selvadorada (Jungle Adventures needed)
-Strangerville (Strangerville needed) - to purchase items from the Curio vendor
-Beaches (Island Living Needed)
-Glimmerbrook - to access the portal to the Magic Realm (Realm Of Magic needed)
-The Magic Realm *HQ, Gardens, Dueling Grounds and Casters Alley* (Realm Of Magic needed)

*The Active Household Funds requirement does not apply if you travel to:
-Visit the Final Resting Place of Sims - to strengthen ties or release spirits
-Lots required for work or Aspiration Milestones - for the required updates
-Retail Lots that the Active Household owns (Get To Work needed)
-Hospital (Get To Work needed)
-Police Station (Get To Work needed)
-Science Station (Get To Work needed)
-Sixam (Get To Work needed)

ADDING SIMS TO THE ACTIVE HOUSEHOLD
-Sims that join the Active Household MUST be added using the Move In interaction except:
*Adopted Sims
*Created Clones (Get To Work needed)
*Whispering Wishing Well acquired Sims (Romantic Garden Stuff needed)
*Adopted Pets (Cats And Dogs needed)
*Duplicato Spell Created Clones (Realm Of Magic needed)
-If a Sim you are inviting to Move In has other Household Members attached, you may split their Household or Move In any number of them
-Check mark "Sell All Lot Furnishings" if the option is available
-Active Household Funds MUST be reset to the amount it was before the new Sim(s) Moved In

NON-PLAYABLE SIMS CAN:
-Redeem their points in the Rewards Store
-Answer phones and respond to pop-up events
-Use the following interactions:
*Blow Out Candles, Make A Wish, or Taste Frosting (Age Up)
*Change Outfit
*Claim Bed
-Spend Fame Points (Get Famous needed)

YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO:
-Use any age altering or life prolonging items
-Create or designate other Sims to fill the role of The Drifter or The Heir should either of them die or be removed from the Active Household
-Move any Sims OUT of the Active Household
-Host Club Gatherings on the Active Home Lot (Get Together needed)
-Designate the Active Home Lot as a Club Hangout destination (Get Together needed)
-Have any of your Playable Sims become a Vampire (Vampires needed)

ADDITIONAL INFO
-You may select the Traits of the Sims in the Active Household (upon Age Up)
-At any time you may change the Aspiration of any Sim in the Active Household
-Any playable Sim in the Active Household may purchase and/or manage the following:
*Retail Lot (Get To Work needed)
*Restaurant (Get To Work needed)
*Vet Clinic (Cats And Dogs needed)
-Puppies or kittens born into the Active Household may be kept or sold (Cats and Dogs needed)
-The use of any Mods or Custom Content is at your discretion
rXyqmuX.jpg
Post edited by EA_Cade on

Comments

• VihishaVihisha Posts: 2,767 Member
    edited September 2019
    GOOD LUCK AND HAPPY DRIFTING!!
    Post edited by Vihisha on
    rXyqmuX.jpg
    edited September 2019
    If you have City Living there is an actual Vegetarian Trait that helps A LOT with keeping your Sim on the right path!
    rXyqmuX.jpg
    edited September 2019
    I don't often have a Sim that uses the Vegetarian Trait, and I'm constantly forgetting that they only eat some of the food dishes offered (especially when grilling foods or ordering stuff from one of the food vendors)...which makes my Sims feel really sick :D Anyone else struggle?!
    rXyqmuX.jpg
    edited September 2019
    After a few Sim days or so...you SHOULD start to notice your Sim looking more fit! By the end of a couple weeks...they will DEFINITELY start to get that "Bodybuilder physique!" *flex*
    rXyqmuX.jpg
    edited September 2019
    Does having a "health nut" workout-a-holic Sim motivate you to eat healthier or start a workout plan of your own?!
    rXyqmuX.jpg
  • MocaJavaMocaJava Posts: 1,392 Member
    Oooh I was hoping we'd do one with the wellness skill!
    MocaJava wrote: »
    Oooh I was hoping we'd do one with the wellness skill!

Glad 2 hear that!!! :smiley:
    rXyqmuX.jpg
    Lydia decided to treat her siblings to a day at the spa...as is my luck, things didn't go well. Note the urn
    aLZN6OP.jpg

Yeah, the massage therapist dropped dead.

The group system didn't really seem to work that well for me...has anyone had good experience with it?
    The heir is here! Unfortunately, Lydia's husband Davis died mere hours before the child was born (well, Lydia wasn't that in love with him, she just really wanted a baby). Grimmy had a feel of her belly after he was done harvesting Davis' soul.
    Q7qzUBH.jpg

She called her siblings over when she went into labor (Jillian couldn't come, she was at work). They all welcomed little Lawrence into the world!
    M32WeyY.jpg

And here he is as a child. Did not get the skin color unfortunately but he definitely has certain traits from Lydia
    wURQLEI.png

I also got the achievement for playing 10 generations of a family...wow :*
    Lydia's brother Gideon moved in with her shortly after Lawrence was born, saying he wanted to help out...also muttering something about keeping a low profile. His wife died the day after Davis died and he got the black widow achievement...which is one you get for surviving 5 spouses. Far as I knew, Gideon was only married once. Little brother may be keeping some secrets :o

Noticed a couple cool new features...I got a text of condolence when Davis died, a 'happy birthday' text, and when I sent Gideon a sad text before he moved in he texted me back wanting to know if I wanted him to come over and cheer me up. Nice feature...except that the condolence text was from the ghost of Lydia's dead father and the birthday text was from the ghost of her dead husband :D
    @MocaJava making some good progress I c!! I haven't had a chance 2 really mess w/the group feature, myself as of yet. Sry Lydia's husband JUST missed the birth of their heir. :neutral:
    So awesome that u got that achievement!!!
    I like the new text feature that they added & I just picked up Get Together so I'm sure that will come w/a whole slew of new goodies...I need 2 start brainstorming ideas 4 the future...
    rXyqmuX.jpg
    Vihisha wrote: »
    @MocaJava making some good progress I c!! I haven't had a chance 2 really mess w/the group feature, myself as of yet. Sry Lydia's husband JUST missed the birth of their heir. :neutral:
    So awesome that u got that achievement!!!
    I like the new text feature that they added & I just picked up Get Together so I'm sure that will come w/a whole slew of new goodies...I need 2 start brainstorming ideas 4 the future...

The text feature is really awesome, it makes it all feel more realistic. It makes you feel like people care about your Sim and actually worry about their well being. A bit disconcerting to get texts from the dead though :D
    @MacaJava Yeah..I was happy 2 hear about that feature being added..but I can c a text from dear dead Dad could b rather alarming heh
    rXyqmuX.jpg
    I had to share this. Lydia's sister Jillian texted her to tip her off on a party that was happening out on the bluffs. She decided to check it out.
    DS16Zoz.jpg

This was near the beginning of the party, it ended up with over a dozen sims dancing. Saw people from several clubs there. I'm really loving GT, though I haven't gotten to really play with the clubs yet.
  • tammyjo329tammyjo329 Posts: 2,747 Member
    Really cool pic Moca!

I haven't started 010 yet. I'm waiting to see what Vi rules on which lots we can visit and when or any special rules for visiting the Windenburg lots and the new get together gatherings.
    :star::star:Changes Due To Get Together Espansion Pack :star::star:

<Game Set Up>
    Delete all lots in Windenburg EXCEPT
    -The Bluffs
    -The Ruins
    -The Chalet Gardens
    Evict all Sims from Windenburg, but do NOT delete them...leave them in the "bin" Deleting these Sims will remove all pre-made clubs from your game

<Nitty Gritty Rules>
    You may form clubs or join clubs @ anytime, but u may NOT designate your home lot as a meeting place
    You may visit The Bluffs, The Ruins & The Chalet Gardens....these will be added to the list of "built community lots"

:star:THE BIGGEST CHANGE :star:
    ANYTIME you travel...visiting parks, going on vacation, getting invited on outings & the like...require that you have @ least $1k as cash on hand, or you will have to decline joining or traveling
    rXyqmuX.jpg
    Ah thanks for the rules update @Vihisha. Glad I didn't break any rules. Think I'm going to form a club for wellness enthusiasts so we can hang out at the spa together.
    Ah thanks for the rules update @Vihisha. Glad I didn't break any rules. Think I'm going to form a club for wellness enthusiasts so we can hang out at the spa together.

U betcha!! I'm glad u weren't a rule breaker either LMAO!! Sounds like a fun club!! I'm glad 2 c that u r enjoying the newest expansion. When I get a minute 2 breathe here..I'll actually b able 2 get in game & play!! :wink:
    rXyqmuX.jpg
  • tammyjo329tammyjo329 Posts: 2,747 Member

Moca, that is an excellent idea! I may borrow it when I start my house 010 too!
    There r food that can b bought via the bar...so they have now been added! :smiley:

Bowl Of Olives
    Breadrolls
    Fish & Chips
    Pita & Hummus Tapas
    Pretzel
    rXyqmuX.jpg
    There r ALSO new foods that can b bought via the Espresso Bar

Scone
    Croissant
    rXyqmuX.jpg
    edited December 2015
    tammyjo329 wrote: »

Moca, that is an excellent idea! I may borrow it when I start my house 010 too!

Feel free! Here's Lydia and her club taking a yoga class together (Gideon is being lazy as usual...or he's checking out the instructor, scouting for a new wife) :D
    HtrEYrd.jpg

Edit: Erm, apparently Gideon had his eye on our elderly member right in front of him...they just woohooed in the sauna :D
    Edit: Erm, apparently Gideon had his eye on our elderly member right in front of him...they just woohooed in the sauna :D
    Meeeeooooow!!! :o LOL
    rXyqmuX.jpg
    Vihisha wrote: »
    Meeeeooooow!!! :o LOL

They were sitting in the sauna together talking one minute, the next thing the room steamed up and the woohoo music was playing...Gideon seems to like the older ladies, his late wife was a lot older than him. Maybe that's how he got the black widow achievement >:)
    >:) quite possibly muhahahahhaa >:)
    rXyqmuX.jpg
    edited December 2015
    Oh God, her sister Lillian just woohooed in the sauna with the same old lady...what is with this family :D

Edit: aaaand...she just dropped dead. :p

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top