Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How do you force ghost to spawn?

onlyabidoangonlyabidoang Posts: 82 Member
So I'm working on a video and I really need to spawn a ghost from the tombstone. I waited for several days but the ghost didn't appear. Is there a way to force them to appear, maybe by using cheats or mods? I can't wait because I really need a bunch of ghosts at once.

Thanks!

Comments

• EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,936 Member
    I once got ghosts with this trick.
    I had more than three gravestones on lot, so, ghosts spawn every day in there.
    When I wanted ghosts to come out, I pressed Ctrl+Shift+C and wrote sethour 22 and pressed enter.
    Ghosts seem to spawn more on Residential lots. When they spawn on Community lot, then they seem to disappear immediately.
  • onlyabidoangonlyabidoang Posts: 82 Member
    Ok thanks for the tips! I'll try it the next time I play
  • Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    I know they spawn when lightning hits their headstones- day or night they'll poof right out. Maybe the weather reward can help... There is also some transparent colored skins to make them look like ghosts; except the Sims don't float like ghosts. :)

http://modthesims.info/d/161350
    Rflong7 wrote: »
    I know they spawn when lightning hits their headstones- day or night they'll poof right out. Maybe the weather reward can help... There is also some transparent colored skins to make them look like ghosts; except the Sims don't float like ghosts. :)

http://modthesims.info/d/161350

Thanks for the suggestions, but I really need the real ghost to spawn because I wanted to showcase more on ghosts behavior. Also, the lightning method seems to be useful, but how do you make the grave to be struck more frequently? Are there any mod that can force lightning to struck?
    Ah, I didn't know it was for showcasing ghosts.
    There's an Aspiration reward which lets us change the weather. I believe it storms more in Spring or is it Fall? ... I don't know of any mods or cheats.
    Rflong7 wrote: »
    Ah, I didn't know it was for showcasing ghosts.
    There's an Aspiration reward which lets us change the weather. I believe it storms more in Spring or is it Fall? ... I don't know of any mods or cheats.

Yeah, I already used the reward since the beginning. I think storms is heavier on spring from what I've read. Also, thanks for the answer! It really helps!
    Good Luck!
  • yagwityagwit Posts: 118 Member
    > @abidoang said:
    > Rflong7 wrote: »
    >
    > Ah, I didn't know it was for showcasing ghosts.
    > There's an Aspiration reward which lets us change the weather. I believe it storms more in Spring or is it Fall? ... I don't know of any mods or cheats.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Yeah, I already used the reward since the beginning. I think storms is heavier on spring from what I've read. Also, thanks for the answer! It really helps!

Could you elaborate on the weather reward? Where do I find it? TYIA
    yagwit wrote: »

Could you elaborate on the weather reward? Where do I find it? TYIA

Hi :)

On the User Interface panel where the inventory is, a little lower down is the Aspiration Rewards button. The Weathernaught 57X is 7000 points and some info about it when you click on it. :)
  • Scribal_GoddessScribal_Goddess Posts: 748 Member
    Also, in spring, it has a "create weather > thunderstorm" option. (IIRC, hail also works? Keep your playable sim indoors to prevent adding a new gravestone.)
    Patron Goddess of Newbs and Ninnyhammers.
    TS2 Graphics Fix Tutorial]