Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do Kids Not Get Fatter Anymore?

I suggested in the 1000 Fun Things to Do in the Sims 4 thread that people try to fatten up all the kids in the neighborhood. I'm trying this myself and it's actually been fun. I've laid the traps and the kids have been coming over everyday and gobbling the goodies.
2vngg75.jpg

They don't seem to be getting fatter though. I know they adjusted the rate at which kids get fat, but did they actually prevent weight gain altogether or am I being too impatient?

Comments

• Options
    mrnhmathmrnhmath Posts: 750 Member
    Electronic Arts.
  • Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    lol, it might show when you go in to their households and age them up?
  • Options
    greenXengreenXen Posts: 1,227 Member
    But, then they'll be fat teens instead of fat kids. Maybe not that blonde one. She does sit-ups every time I'm not looking. Sneaky.
  • Options
    Angelini55Angelini55 Posts: 64 Member
    I tried so hard to fatten up one of my sims kids to no avail :( . I have a feeling you can only get a chubby kid by overfeeding it as a baby..
  • Options
    Lex2221Lex2221 Posts: 972 Member
    Angelini55 wrote: »
    I tried so hard to fatten up one of my sims kids to no avail :( . I have a feeling you can only get a chubby kid by overfeeding it as a baby..

Yeah I think you might I had my sim automatically feed her crying daughter and she wasn't even hungry it was a dirty diaper and she grew up to be a chubby child.
    2ahzmo1.gif
  • Options
    Prink34320Prink34320 Posts: 5,078 Member
    I'm pretty sure there's a Calory system in the game that determines weight gain and loss for each Sim Life Stage, I think it's allot slower of a process due to there not being as big of a difference between body size as there would be for Teen Sims and older, but Children Sims in my game have been gaining weight(checked in CAS) but allot slower than usual.
    Live your life to the fullest, don't wait for a miracle to happen, be the miracle to make things happen.
    Sometimes your creativity is limited where you use it most, but you can use those limitations to inspire new forms of creativity you may never have thought of beforehand.
  • Options
    Brieanna19Brieanna19 Posts: 307 Member
    All of the kids in my game are always chubby, I usually go in and edit those B)
  • Options
    pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    Brieanna19 wrote: »
    All of the kids in my game are always chubby, I usually go in and edit those B)
    Mine to so I have no idea why yours aren't getting chubby.

tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • Options
    Thanks. I will keep trying to push these little ectomorphs to their limits. We'll see what happens.
  • Options
    WillowxPillowWillowxPillow Posts: 189 Member
    Mine are always kind of chunky.
  • Options
    Yeah, but do they start that way at the beginning of the age or do they get chunkier with time?
  • Options
    CementCement Posts: 3,505 Member
    Why give them cupcakes when you can give them whole cakes? ;)
    You'd have to force them to eat tons of things, though. My first grandkid got fat because he autonomously ate like everything his chef uncle cooked for promotions and kept stealing half eaten plates of his other uncle too, who ended up aging into a twiggy teen. Thinking that glutton trait might've been the culprit of that autonomy, but I've been force feeding a twiggy YA chocolate cakes every day and he's starting to put on weight. :^D Like @Prink34320 said, there is a calorie system. There's a list somewhere, but I can't find it right now. :#

Just gotta get them to eat a lot more than they can do anything else, really.

My kids generally end up normal weight to slightly chunky upon aging, only putting on more weight if one of the older sims in the house has to make food often, and losing weight if they hang out at the jungle gym often.
  • Options
    Prink34320Prink34320 Posts: 5,078 Member
    It seems like the older they get and the lower their Fitness Skill determines how fast they gain Weight too, at least from my experience, also I think the Active Trait might have some effect on it but I'm not entirely sure, I've noticed my Elders could gain weight faster and easier compared to my Teen Sims, but the Elder Sim I used didn't have a very high Fitness Skill whilst the Teen was Active and had an almost maxed out Fitness Skill, it could just be complete coincidence though and those factors may have nothing to do with it lol
    Live your life to the fullest, don't wait for a miracle to happen, be the miracle to make things happen.
    Sometimes your creativity is limited where you use it most, but you can use those limitations to inspire new forms of creativity you may never have thought of beforehand.