Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

mc command centre not working?

AshystarAshystar Posts: 182 Member
Hi Everyone

Title says it all. I have been playing sims 4 with this mod for awhile and it was working fine. However over the passed couple days I am no longer getting any notifications in the top right corner to tell me when unplayed sims have babies, get married, move into new homes etc. So im not sure if its working anymore??

I did just purchase spa day so not sure if this is why??? can anyone help?

Thanks

Comments

• luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    Make sure you still have script mods enabled in Game Options. Occasionally updates turn that off.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    Also,,there was a mod update very recently.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • AshystarAshystar Posts: 182 Member
    will have to check the script mods. I have downloaded in installed the newest update and still not getting any notifications; hopefully its the script mods!
  • AshystarAshystar Posts: 182 Member
    well script mods was still enabled... so now I have no idea why its not working :( its annoying because I liked knowing what was going on in my town
  • sabreenesabreene Posts: 1,152 Member
    This is from the troubleshooting section of the mod page:

This has been tested to be working with GTW, OR and the patch released September 24,2015 – PC Version 1.11.64.1020 / Mac Version 1.11.64.1220. If you use an earlier version, the ts4script extension may not be recognized and the Sims 4 will not detect the script mods.
    • You can look in Game Options/Other/Custom Content and the mods should show-up as loaded in the Script Mods section. Make sure you have the checkbox on Game Options/Other checked for allowing script mods.
    • From your home lot, you can open the cheat console with CTL-SHIFT-C and type "mc_help". If the mod is loaded correctly, this will give basic command-line function help.
    • If the mod is loaded but you can't tell if it's working (you haven't seen pregnancies or move-in notifications), turn on logging in mc_settings.cfg by setting Logging_Enabled to "true" instead of "false". When you run the game and your home lot loads, if you go to your mod folder and open the mc_cmd_center.log file, it should have "Initializing Alarms" at the top of the file. Every night at midnight, alarms will run and this log file will have updates in it telling what happened for that day when the alarm ran.
    • If the mc_cmd_center.log file doesn't exist but according to the Game Options/Other/Custom Content window, the script mods are all loaded, then you may have a version problem. You can look at the LastExceptions.txt file in the Sims 4 folder to determine if that's the case.
    • There are some mods that are known to conflict with MC Command Center. This is usually caused by functionality in those mods that is already in MC Command Center so a separate mod is not needed and causes problems. Known examples of mods that would cause problems would be "Neia's No More Same Sims Everywhere" and "Autosave" mods. Also, TwistedMexi's Always Testingcheats mod, but I'm not sure if it works even on its own or not.
    • After checking those things, I can help analyze things, but there are basic steps you can take to make it easier to figure-out what is wrong. A screenshot of your mod folder can be helpful. A screenshot of your "Game Options/Other/Custom Content" window showing the script mods that are loaded will help. A copy of your mc_cmd_center.log file can be helpful, depending on the problem. A copy of the LastException.txt file from the Sims 4 folder can be helpful.

After you look through it, I can try to help, or the modder is also really great at helping out.

What I've seen most the time happening are:
    • script mods not enabled, but you've checked that
    • not having the game updated to the current version and/or not having the mod updated to the current version (game should be on PC Version 1.11.64.1020 / Mac Version 1.11.64.1220)
    • not having all the .ts4script files & .package files in the same folder, and at most, one folder deep in the mod folder
    • having lost settings, so that the notifications and other options aren't set to true anymore (you can check your mc_command.cfg file to see all your settings in a list)

Hopefully that gives a starting point -- but just let me or @Deaderpool know -- he responds on the MTS mod thread MC Command Center at MTS every day!
  • egwarhammeregwarhammer Posts: 5,752 Member
    What does this from Nov 3 mean, did they update the game twice the same day? It's possible, I was asleep when the update(s?) came down anyway, so if there were 2, I would've missed the first one.

Update: 11/03/2015 – PC Version 1.12.118 .1020 / Mac Version 1.12.118.1220Update: 11/03/2015 – PC Version 1.12.117.1020 / Mac Version 1.12.117.1220

First time I've seen this, 2 separate numbers listings on the same patch. What happened?