Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Buggy Mess (Cont)

greenXengreenXen Posts: 1,227 Member

NOTE: This thread has run out of room! It's reformatted per the instructions at the top of the forum and moved to: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/867367/buggy-mess/p1

I'm continuing my Buggy Mess thread since I can't edit the original anymore.

Bugs

10/17/2015--Both Origin and game re-installed and old save games placed in the fresh installation.
  1. 10/17/2015 (checked 12/25/2015)--Research Binge stops working if I let the timer complete. It works if I remember to cancel the action before it completes, but if I ever let it go to completion, no more skill is gained ever again when performing the action.

(Also posted in EA AHQ)
    b4humg.jpg
    2mwf01x.jpg

https://youtu.be/WiBc-x4a6W4
  2. 10/17/2015--Career outfits are wonky. Sims go to and come home from work in strange outfits and often face masks or clown makeup.

I have noticed the clown make-up/facemasks appear at the Project Manager level of the Tech Guru Career and various work outfits at other levels (they may be holdovers from a previous job). Clown make-up also shows up at the Watercolor Dabbler, Canvas Creator, and other levels of the Painter Career.

(Reported in EA AHQ.)

15f54dd.jpgdnmzbo.jpg
  3. 10/17/2015--False Repair Message. Sometimes certain items gray out on selection menu for the computer with the message that the object needs to be repaired even though repairing the object isn't an option. This seems to happen on all models of computer.

Workaround: Replacing the computer works for a bit, but eventually the replacement gets the same problem.

(Reported in EA AHQ.)

2u8cht4.jpg

10/17/2015--Repair game run. It did not resolve any of the above problems.

10/18/2015--Bundle installed -- Spa Day, Patio Stuff, and Luxury Party.
  4. 10/18/2015--Small Graphical Issue on Stairs.

12/24 -- This seems to be fixed.

309ud06.jpg
  5. 10/18/2015--Stuck Convo Meter. Sim left lot, but conversation meter remained stuck at the top of the page.

(Reported in EA AHQ.)

erzdza.jpg
  6. 10/19/2015--Frozen Sims. Sims froze when initiating a conversation with visiting guests and everyone on the lot froze, just stood in place. I hit "M" to see if leaving the lot and returning would resolve issue. Game froze. Had to use Task Manager to exit out.

Error recurred: 10/22; 10/25 (minor variation of problem, going to build mode and returning resolved the issue); 12/3 (Sim froze walking through bathroom doorway at Magnolia Park in Willow Creek, after 30 seconds or so Sim reset on his own on the other side of the park)

(Reported in EA AHQ.)

Per @Cinebar: Sims also freeze mid-motion in doorways. (ref)
    Cinebar wrote:
    Can you also report Sims freeze in mid motion when exiting or entering a doorway at the same time as another? Mine has been doing that since GTW's patches.

Edit: I was organizing files and I found an old video (Jan 2015) of a Sim freezing in a doorway.

https://youtu.be/-vElbREzfL8

7. 10/19/2015 (checked 12/25/2015)--Playing with Clay Doesn't Count Toward Playing with 3 Toys aspiration requirement in under the Creative aspiration. This has actually been a gameplay issue from the beginning, but I'm just reporting it now. The ball of clay is a toy and is listed under the "Toys" category of the kids' section, yet it does not count toward the creative child aspiration of "play with 3 toys".

15ocufq.jpg
    5cblg4.jpg
  8. 10/19/2015--Babies Still Objects. This isn't just about not being able to take them away from the crib, but interacting with them isn't coded as spending time with family so: 1. family Sims still get the "Missing Family" moodlet even when interacting with babies, 2. interacting with babies doesn't count as interacting with children for the Family Aspirations, and 3. you can't hold birthday parties for them.

2iuf429.jpg
  9. 10/22/2015 -- Still weeding in strange places.

(Reported in EA AHQ.)

wretkh.jpg

10/23/2015 -- Installed Spooky Stuff.
  10. 10/24/2015 -- Making treats with the cupcake machine doesn't count toward daily requirement in cooking career.
  11. 10/25/2015 -- Clay disappears with wall cutaway view (walls up = clay, walls down = air). Also, I've had multiple Sims play with a single ball of clay. One will get the clay and play and the other will play with air.
    This appears to be fixed.

2ezlkw4.jpg2nja7ab.jpg
  12. 10/25/2015 -- Double Menu Options. The occurrence of double menu options, particularly "Ask To Leave" is getting worse. It happens much more frequently (practically every conversation) and I've started getting times where it is the only menu option.

2j43977.jpg
  13. 10/25/2015 -- Can't Cancel Cupcake Interaction. Once I queue up a bake cupcake interaction with the cupcake machine, it can't be canceled from the queue.

https://youtu.be/lAr-O8qASgE

(Reported in EA AHQ.)
  14. 12/3/2015 -- Sim would not come home from work.
    Workaround: Repeatedly selected "Leave Work Early" until it finally worked (5 times).

2qm1z09.jpg

12/4/2015 -- Dec. 4 mega-patch installed. Repair game run.
  15. 12/5/2015 -- Game now records all video as just pitch black nothingness. Audio is fine. When I upload it to Youtube, it looks fine again. :confused:

Fixed in 12/17 patch.
  16. 12/5/2015 -- What does this question mark mean? Is it supposed to replace the relationship icon that indicated whether the Sims were acquaintances, friends, good friends, etc? This is an information loss and not an improvement, if so.

19q9us.jpg10o1gs0.jpg
  17. 12/5/2015 -- Sims flicker more than ever. I tried to record this, but discovered that the game now isn't recording video images for me.

This seems to be resolved with the 12/17 patch.

https://youtu.be/QKXfEdXHaNg
  18. 12/5/2015 -- Sims break eating action after a few seconds. I cannot get any Sims to sit through an entire meal whether their needs are satisfied or not or whether they have other actions queued up or not. They break the eat interaction after a bite or two and wander off to do something else, sometimes with both the eating and second action loaded together in the current action box as if they were multi-tasking, but they're not. They break the eat action early to go do other things even while still hungry.

They also tend to break action when cooking, showering, or using the toilet. In general, the toilet seems to be at the center of the bug.

Update (12/6):

https://youtu.be/tXVftKVfgzQ

I don't know how useful it is, but I uploaded another video of a Sim with the Steel Bladder reward (which is what I check in the middle) and needs in the green canceling the yoga action to use the bathroom. I sent him back to do the yoga routine again and again, and it just kept happening as seen in the video.

https://youtu.be/2q9yW2rPxHM

Issue seems to be resolved in 12/17 patch.

Travel also seems to break interactions immediately now whether pressing "M" or selecting "Visit [Site]", that is, it doesn't line up as a task at the end of the queue. Taking this off as it is probably a "feature".
  19. 12/5/2015 -- All my Sims are getting jobs. I had one instance where I assigned two members of a six person household jobs. I paused the game and minimized the screen to check something online. When I went back a few minutes later, all 5 eligible family members had jobs. This was while the game was paused. No time had passed in the game, but all of the working age Sims now had jobs. That's a really aggressive employment program.

Going to take this off as it only seemed to happen to two households. I will add it again if I see it happen on more time.
  20. 12/5/2015 -- Some Sims don't come to the door anymore when they come over. They reach the edge of the lot and just stand there. I often miss them because they are out of sight and earshot because they don't knock anymore either.

Edit: This seems to be because they get distracted by incoming text messages or something similar. It seems to affect some Sims more than others. Perhaps they are ADHD.
  21. 12/8/2015 -- "Mold Clay"/"Mold Something New" and "Paint" interaction don't function properly together. When assigned to mold clay (to gain inspiration) and then paint, they will place an empty canvas on the easel before they are done with the clay. When they are done molding clay, they cancel both the "mold clay" and "paint" interactions. To get them to paint, you have to re-queue the paint interaction.

When they are already painting and you assign them to "mold clay", they go get the clay, mold it in front of the canvas (as seen below), then drop both actions.
    2chnivs.jpg

I don't know if this is part of the whole toilet canceling interaction or not, but it seems like it might be separate, so I'm listing it separately.

Edit: This also happens with "mold clay" and "grill".

"Paint" and "Read" seem to be inappropriately paired as well.

Video of "mold clay" and "grill" interaction, which don't function properly together. When assigned to mold clay (to gain inspiration) and then grill, Sims will start to mold the clay, walk over to the grill, open the hood, and then drop both actions from their queues and wander off without completing either task.

(Reported in EA AHQ.)
    30cuj5h.jpg

https://youtu.be/kNOVniC-LBA
  22. 12/9/2015 -- Queue still indicated as full when it is not. This is not persistent, it comes and goes, but it is frequent.

(Reported in EA AHQ.)

2hncj6c.jpg
  23. 12/9/2015 -- Skill bar still sticks sometimes. In this case, this Sim has had this full skill bar stuck over her head for 20+ hours even when she is working on tasks that she isn't near reaching the next level of. It even stays when she is doing non-task-building activities such as cleaning or sleeping.

(Reported in EA AHQ.)

wlet8n.jpg

An odd, but mildly amusing side effect, when this happens the skill bar remains over the teleportation spot when Sims go to work as seen below.

i20y7r.jpg
  24. 12/9/2015 -- Sims don't seem to be gaining the charisma skill properly. My Sims are only earning a the charisma skill a fraction of the time they should be. Most of the time when the are interacting with other Sims there is no skill bar that shows up. Generally, they have half a dozen friends or more and numerous acquaintances and are still stuck at level 1 of the charisma skill.

Edit: To clarify they earn the charisma skill more or less properly from practicing it using the mirror (I haven't tried other methods yet), but talking to other Sims incessantly seems to earn little to know charisma even when 'confident'.

Below is an example of when they don't seem to be learning the charisma skill properly from practicing in the mirror. Notice the Sim has the confident moodlet, but the skill bar does not glow indicating he is getting a boost.

2emq1pl.jpg
  25. 12/11/2015 -- Enemies don't always register as enemies.

Workaround: Third time I restarted the game, the status suddenly registered for one of the Sims.

Edit: I'm starting to suspect that it may have something to do with jumping from acquaintances to 'despised' without hitting 'dislike' first. But, I would need to test some more cases to see a pattern.

6efz8p.jpg
  26. 12/11/2015 -- No weeds. I haven't seen any weeds on any lot since the patch despite having a need to sometimes weed the garden.

fvzeog.jpg
  27. 12/11/2015 -- Conversation meter gets stuck at the top even when Sims not having conversations. This one stuck for three Sim days.

2ughp50.jpg

Workaround: Saving and restarting the game seems to clear the conversation meter.
  28. 12/12/2015 -- Visiting guests invite themselves over when they are already there.

(Reported in EA AHQ.)

sb7cxi.jpg
  29. 12/14/2015 -- Kids leave their homework everywhere. Both images below are from the same public lot at the same time. I honestly don't even remember seeing many kids on this lot, but they still managed to leave their calling cards.
    33y0u9f.jpg2unwvw1.jpg

(Reported in EA AHQ.)

30. 12/14/2015 -- Sims 4 ... ahh, ahhh, ohh, aha! Sims will go through periods where they don't do anything. This seems different from the frozen Sims (#6), where all Sims seem to stop. Some of the Sims on the lot will continue what they are doing while others stand around and don't do anything. I normally associate this with group chat as in the video below. Canceling actions does not free them up for activity.

(Reported in EA AHQ.)

https://youtu.be/nnHJJHo71qE

31. 12/15/2015 -- Taking a bubble bath no longer makes Sims playful.

Edit: I saw in another thread that this was removed for regular baths that have Spa options from Spa Day, but still true for shower/bath combo sets. However, it is not working for shower/bath combos (which do not have Spa options) in my game either.

https://youtu.be/I1m7r_7D3Bo

32. 12/16/2015 -- Unstable relationships. When switching households, relationships disappear even for Sims with the 'beloved' trait, which is supposed to mean relationships never fade.

The left side of the image below is Mariana's relationship list before I switched households. I played another household for 3 days and came back and the right side is what showed for her relationships. It's rather different.

Please note that both friends and acquaintances alike seem to be affected as well as both player-created Sims and game-generated Sims. I did also have one acquaintance (Cortney, blue circle) *increase* her relationship status. Also, one child friendship was created by the game (Ace).
    2dgvy42.jpg

I'm kicking myself for not getting a before screenshot for another household with even more relationships because in that household both members had the 'beloved' trait, where relationships are never supposed to fade. Obviously, they had well over 20 relationships before I switched households. When I went back, they had 15 and 16 relationships left.

Edit: So, @Neia went into the code and reported back on the rules he/she found. The culling of Sims seems intentional. The rules as they are now won't work at all for me (or many other players).

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/14391214/#Comment_14391214

Edit: For anyone reading this, there are now a couple of mods out that address this. One is with the MC commander by Deaderpool and the other is a mod that addresses this issue only by Neia.

Deaderpool: http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=551680
    Neia: http://modthesims.info/d/568880

I still would very much like to see this addressed by game developers for everyone though.
  33. 12/16/2015 -- Thirsty Sims. Sims are constantly going for the drinks. Is there a hidden thirst motive?

They raid the refrigerator every moment they are left to their own devices.

Also, every time they make a drink at the bar, they set it on the counter and then immediately drink it themselves even when they have other activities queued up already. It means they can't make single drinks for other Sims.

Edit: Just for reference, this was 'fixed' early on in a patch, and returned with GTW.

12/17/2015--Installed 12/17 patch.
    This resolved the codec recording issue (15), the flickering Sims (17), and the toilet bug (18).

34. 12/20/2015 -- Audio conflict. Every time I start up The Sims 4 it cuts off my headphone sound to all programs, so that if I have music or any other program using the sound (iTunes, Firefox, whatever), they get cut off and the game is also silent. I have to go into audio settings or device manager and try to re-establish connections and sometimes restart programs. It is happening every time I start the game. (At the moment I am currently using the Sennheiser Urbanite XL Wireless.)

Edit: This seems to be an Origin problem as it happens when I start other Origin games or just the Origin application itself without starting a game. It does not happen with other distributors or their games (like Steam or GOG).

It suddenly stopped doing this.
  35. 12/20/2015 -- Sims penalized entire day for being late. My Sims are still losing work performance for the entire day even when they are only one or two minutes late. This has been a problem from the beginning and one I've pointed out before, but it's still there.
  36. 12/21/2015 -- Jump bug (similar to Sims 2 & 3)/. It happens every now and then and I don't see a pattern, so I can't get video to show it, but Sims just suddenly break actions and stand up wondering what to do next. They do not stand in T-pose or anything, just "jump" up, drop whatever they're doing, and drop everything from their queues.

Edit: Got a video. I also have a save that is just seconds before this happens (about 1-2 seconds before the video below starts). There also seems to be a "last exception" file, which I think may belong to this bug. (More at EA HQ)

https://youtu.be/yx1rcS87rQ0
  37. 12/21/2015 -- Fly-by-Night Business. My Sims can only "Make Business Calls" in the wee hours of the night and morning (like 3 am), not during actual business hours. Not sure what kind of business they're supposed to be running. . .
    Apparently this is a feature because who doesn't take 3 am business calls?
    s5y7m1.jpg

38. 12/21/2015 -- Garbage Commands. Sims sometimes get garbage commands stuck in their queues that appear as winged llamas or alpacas and can't be canceled.
    2uts0p3.jpg

https://youtu.be/jx1Q4XOJCYw

12/21/2015 -- Repair game run.
  39. 12/23/2015 -- Tiny Harvestables. Produce and flowers not to scale. They sometimes are normal size and other times are not.

The first picture is what the harvestables looked like when I pulled them out from inventory and placed them on the ground -- varied sizes. When I went to Manage Worlds and then returned to the lot, all harvestables were tiny as seen in the second picture. The same result was seen when I exited the game and restarted.
    29uovud.jpg301f1c7.jpg

(Reported in EA AHQ.)
  40. 12/24/2015 -- "Have an Activity Table" of Artistic Prodigy aspiration does not complete if activity table already in possession at the time the aspiration is selected.

Workaround: Purchase another activity table.

optsv4.jpg

(Reported in EA AHQ.)
  41. 12/25/2015 -- No Spa options for shower/tub combos. Stand-alone tubs have spa options like "take a mudbath", but shower/tub combos do not.

I didn't realize this was a bug at first, rather a design choice. But, it seems from other reports that it is a bug. So, here it is:
    2rw1d0j.jpg

(Reported in EA AHQ.)
  42. 12/26/2015 -- Yoga mat doesn't fulfill "own 2 pieces of workout equipment" goal of Exercise Demon level of Bodybuilder aspiration.
    20hv9ds.jpg
    2nasd2s.jpg

Fear not, there will be more. . .

As always, apologies for any inappropriate images. TinyPic sometimes experiences caching errors, which tend to be self-correcting, eventually.

Post edited by greenXen on

Comments