Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Item Could Not Be Located...

I'm looking for a 8 bedroom house on the gallery. And about half of the few that it did bring up when I looked up #8bedrooms is saying "Item could not be located" when I click on it to view the house. Has anyone else had this problem or know how to fix it (Or why it's happening). A few of the houses look really nice, I'd really love to find a good house for my 100 gen family.
p8L4V6v.png

Comments

• MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,175 Member
    It happens from time to time on the Gallery - is there also a big red X instead of a picture of the house? In that case, I suggest you shut down the Sims and Origin, probably reboot your computer too and then try again.
    I have also had some weird glitch, with a household, where only one of the six members could be located - really weird (and sad, because someone specifically made that family for me).
    To get more house options, you can also try searching #8bedroom (without the "s"). You can also give the following hashtags a go, but they probably may not always yield the exact right result: #8bed #8beds #familyof8 - anything really that may indicate 8 seperate bedrooms, which none of these neccessarily do, but back when description space was still limited, someone might have used #8bed to indicate 8 bedrooms rather than just 8 beds in less than 8 bedrooms.
    Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr
  • ChelleJoChelleJo Posts: 7,087 Member
    Ooohh! Thanks for the tips on hashtags. I didn't think of those! I will give them a look.

No, there is no big red X. The picture shows the house, just when I click to view it, it says that.
    p8L4V6v.png
  • rconercone Posts: 407 Member
    I have a 8 plus bedroom I am currently working on might be a week or so till I get it finished but here are a few screenies and you can check progress in my SHowcase thread or check my Gallery User ID Rconewarrior as I know I have a modern castle build that is 7 bedrooms? maybe 8
    Showcase thread: forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/857850/rconewarriors-creations/p2
    current state it is in

front
    10-14-15_10-09-09nbspPM.png

Back

10-14-15_10-09-44nbspPM.png

1st floor

10-14-15_10-11-51nbspPM.png

Second floor w/4 bedrooms

10-14-15_10-11-34nbspPM.png

Third floor w/ 3 bedrooms 2 baths and a mini kitchen and sitting area

10-14-15_10-11-21nbspPM.png

And basement which will have 2 bedrooms which is not done at the moment but like I said I think I may have one in my gallery but in bed sick on laptop so ...shrug

Beyond that I to have had issues with no item found ... on some of my own no less I did a cookie clean defrag and they came back so maybe that would work.
  • ChelleJoChelleJo Posts: 7,087 Member
    rcone wrote: »
    I have a 8 plus bedroom I am currently working on might be a week or so till I get it finished but here are a few screenies and you can check progress in my SHowcase thread or check my Gallery User ID Rconewarrior as I know I have a modern castle build that is 7 bedrooms? maybe 8
    Showcase thread: forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/857850/rconewarriors-creations/p2
    current state it is in

front

Back

1st floor

And basement which will have 2 bedrooms which is not done at the moment but like I said I think I may have one in my gallery but in bed sick on laptop so ...shrug

Beyond that I to have had issues with no item found ... on some of my own no less I did a cookie clean defrag and they came back so maybe that would work.

Oh, I love that house! I'll definitely keep a eye on your thread. or just follow you on the gallery. I'll also check out what else you have. Do you furnish the houses, too? I'm not big on furnishing houses cause when I get into, I tend to spend forever doing it and I'd rather spend that time playing. LOL

Thanks for the tip. The cookie clean defrag, do you mean on your computer or game files (Like clean the cache files)?
    p8L4V6v.png
  • SeaDragonSongSeaDragonSong Posts: 2,324 Member
    current state it is in

front

Back

1st floor

I love that house, and I may have to use it when it's finished, you're doing a great job :D
    Story_Banner.png
    Twists In Time And Space (Updated December 2nd 2018. New discord server!)
    Bob Bobson (Updated August 12th 2019)
    @SeaDragonSong and @WriterJunkie Clean cookies and defrag the computer and yes all homes are furnished as this is all I do lol I have no long standing interest in playing the sims I will play then abandon after a day or 2
    You are quit right I spend about a week to 2 weeks on each house 4 days to build then siding figuring out doors that match with floor plan (I work from real floorplans and real homes) then furnishing it then landscaping most times it takes a week and a day or 2 depending the time I can actually spend in the game.

The Morgan is a lost House I literally lost it in my saves library found it when searching for another house to take screenshots for the showcase I was like " wait what house is this did I make it found it in the world and went OMG Yeah I remember getting 🐸🐸🐸🐸 at the roof WTH how did I forget about this B***hgah
  • SeaDragonSongSeaDragonSong Posts: 2,324 Member
    Lol, I haven't had the issue should've said that
    Story_Banner.png
    Twists In Time And Space (Updated December 2nd 2018. New discord server!)
    Bob Bobson (Updated August 12th 2019)
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,934 Member
    I just saw a house with 7 bedrooms and 4 baths on a 50 by 40 lot. It was called Plantation Point and is by: Nothing_Simloans (all in caps)
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,472 Member
    edited October 2015
    current state it is in

front

Back

[...]

Whoa. That is an awesome house! It looks like it could be in Windenburg!
    My Top Song of the Day: Fancy Footwork by Chromeo
    FwDXXd5.gif
    which is why I preordered it as I have made a lot of tudor styled homes lol