Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Tips on How to Organize a Wedding Party (Picture Heavy)

BabyCarrotzBabyCarrotz Posts: 950 Member
Hi guys! So I've seen some people having problems organizing successful parties especially the Wedding party which often ended up being disastrous. I've had my share of right out disastrous weddings as well. One time I had the groom left the bride at the altar because he had to go to work lol, I only had myself to blame for that because I didn't check his work schedule before the wedding. I had several successful parties with gold medals as well. Wedding party requires careful planning beforehand, so I thought I'd share a few tips on how to successfully organize a wedding party and hope it might be useful to some :)

My sims recently got married. So this is the bride, Yuna and the groom, Noah. Yuna is a doctor and Noah is a detective. If both of your sims have jobs, make sure that they don't have work on the day you want them to get married. You can also take a vacation day just on that special day for your sims.
XkZvM8f.png

Also do not completely trust the Caterer to bake the wedding cake for you because more often than not they plum at their job so bad xD So what I did was made my sims bake their wedding cake right before they plan the social event. Any cake will do, just make sure they're not hungry or else they'll eat the cake instead. Here's Noah putting the cake he baked himself on the table at the special wedding venue I downloaded off the gallery (I forgot who the creator is but I'll edit the post later). The wedding venue did not have a kitchen, which was a good thing because I didn't want the Caterer to leave uncooked meals everywhere :P Also don't forget to add Wedding topper on the cake or someone else will eat it.
mpgP5j0.png

And they are officially a married couple! <3 Notice how the guests were all standing instead of sitting on the chairs? I couldn't figure out how to make them sit while watching the couple exchange their vows.
KSHmRFe.png
qaUqooY.png

After they exchanged vows, have one of them cut the cake and they will automatically share the cake with their spouse. The cake was invisible though lol
Hau9rkY.png

It'll be pretty easy to earn the gold medal after you've completed the two major requirements (have your sims get married and share their wedding cake). All the mini goals are peanuts xD Also I know that some people doesn't like doing the goals thing, you can always opt out of it in the plan social event interaction, I forgot what it's called but it's there, you just have to untick it. For me, I just like some challenges (it's not that hard really) and I'm a little bit of a perfectionist so I like to complete things like that.

To spice things up, Noah also brought a carton of ice cream for the guests,the kids really enjoyed it, and some of the adults as well xD
QeINWKf.png
mhTcIld.png
Thoroughly enjoying his ice cream
arYTdxA.png
Eliza: "Would you like some ice cream, hunny?"
OATPhZp.png

The guests were having a really good time, dancing to the musics, hanging out at the bar...
6fwdvjb.png
lvR28Hv.png
.... and this is why I said not to trust the Caterer, lol. Just look at him >_>
KqHt3xg.png

And they live happily ever after, the end <3
1c2AnjG.png
kTHlPFi.png

Feel free to share tips I might have missed in this post and also do share your wedding pics, doesn't matter how disastrous or extravagant they were xD

Edit: The wedding venue is called Blossom Wedding Venue by relhcuk1. There are also many other beautiful wedding venues on the gallery, or you can always build one yourself!

Happy simming! :)

PEEt1Hh.gif?1
Post edited by BabyCarrotz on

Comments

• rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,567 Member
    Thankyou very much for sharing your wedding tips and photos with us. :) Your sims are very nice! It looks like they and their wedding guests had an enjoyable wedding day.
  • Tony89Tony89 Posts: 2,196 Member
    Yea I didn't know we had to bake our own cakes. So I didnt have one at my wedding, but I had a successful wedding.
  • esharpmajoresharpmajor Posts: 1,055 Member
    Great pics and tips! <3
  • BabyCarrotzBabyCarrotz Posts: 950 Member
    rosemow wrote: »
    Thankyou very much for sharing your wedding tips and photos with us. :) Your sims are very nice! It looks like they and their wedding guests had an enjoyable wedding day.
    Thank you! I hope this might work for other types of parties as well by preparing beforehand :D
    Tony89 wrote: »
    Yea I didn't know we had to bake our own cakes. So I didnt have one at my wedding, but I had a successful wedding.
    You're lucky then xD Most of the times the caterers in my game either didn't bake a single cake at all, or they started baking when the event was going to end. Some of them also made quite a mess around the lot. I think I only had one caterer out of idk, like 3 or 4 weddings who actually did a decent job.

PEEt1Hh.gif?1
  • Ponder the SimPonder the Sim Posts: 3,054 Member
    Beautiful sims. Beautiful wedding. :)

Thanks for sharing!
  • snurflessnurfles Posts: 3,640 Member
    Such a beautiful wedding! Thanks for the tips!
    Thanks everyone! :) Wishing you a joyous sims wedding (if you're going to have one soon) and happy simming ;)
    PEEt1Hh.gif?1
  • meeounmeeoun Posts: 2,173 Member
    Wow! Beautiful pictures.
  • NZsimm3rNZsimm3r Posts: 9,265 Member
    edited August 2015
    Beautiful wedding BabyCarrotz. Your sims looked amazing. :) Unfortunately the guests don't sit down anymore at weddings... they used to but it's a glitch now where they will still come and watch the ceremony but won't actually all sit down until the two sims are married. Waiting on EA to patch in a fix for this.
    The lot you chose is perfect though, because the wedding arch is on a platform so you can still get wonderful screenshots of your special sims marrying each other even though all the guests are standing.
    I bet Noah and Yuna will have lovely children, they are so cute together!
    I'm a girl who likes to play with boys, what can I say... o:)

“Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.”Will Wright.
  • Ponder the SimPonder the Sim Posts: 3,054 Member
    Those 2 are going to have some seriously beautiful babies. Keep us updated! :)
  • LordredzzzLordredzzz Posts: 125 Member
    Thank you for the Tips
    xyIcMqt.png

EA Account: Lordredzzz
    NZsimm3r wrote: »
    Beautiful wedding BabyCarrotz. Your sims looked amazing. :) Unfortunately the guests don't sit down anymore at weddings... they used to but it's a glitch now where they will still come and watch the ceremony but won't actually all sit down until the two sims are married. Waiting on EA to patch in a fix for this.
    The lot you chose is perfect though, because the wedding arch is on a platform so you can still get wonderful screenshots of your special sims marrying each other even though all the guests are standing.
    I bet Noah and Yuna will have lovely children, they are so cute together!
    Thank you! :) Ah too bad, it was just weird seeing them standing around my sims when they were getting married. I hope EA will fix this glitch soon.

Those 2 are going to have some seriously beautiful babies. Keep us updated! :)
    As much as I'd love to see how cute their babies will be like, both of them are too occupied with their careers for now xD I want them to advance to the top of their careers before having children so they could later spend more time with their future kids. I might get them the Professional Slacker trait too so they can skip a day or two at work in order to spend more time with their family. :D One of the reasons I made them get married in the first place was because of Noah's soulmate aspiration, be married to BFF. They started out as friends and after they got married they have 5 different relationship categories lol

aHpA9i1.png9bhkgpy.png

Lordredzzz wrote: »
    Thank you for the Tips
    You're welcome, I hope you find them somewhat useful when you plan your sims wedding party :)
    PEEt1Hh.gif?1
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    These tips are great, thank you for posting them... beautiful pictures too :).
    egTcBMc.png
  • Pegasus143Pegasus143 Posts: 2,490 Member
    Funny thing, I've never had a caterer that didn't bake a cake- sometimes they end up baking multiple cakes before it's time to cut the cake. Also, you can choose sims from your household for caterer/mixologist/entertainer if they've got a high enough skill level. My final tip is that if you don't have the wedding ceremony by a certain time, your guests will get a tense buff.
  • Anemone7Anemone7 Posts: 3,950 Member
    I never had a disastrous wedding! I didn't even know prople had problems with them. Pretty pictures, though.
  • MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    your wedding came out nice
    My 1st wedding was disastrous, but I gave it another go by restarting the save from the point before I started the wedding.
    2nd try was way more organized, somewhat stressful but I had fun, and felt very proud with the aftermath.

This is Julia and Trent
    screen_shot_2015_08_11_at_11_52_07_am_by_mphattyboi-d95adym.png
    they met at a Nightclub called the Red Queen
    screen_shot_2015_08_09_at_7_33_55_pm_by_mphattyboi-d95240c.png
    I had him propose to her at his beach house, they took a walk on the beach, collected some stuff, and then at sunset.
    screen_shot_2015_08_10_at_8_12_03_am_by_mphattyboi-d96ze9s.png
    screen_shot_2015_08_18_at_8_49_19_pm_by_mphattyboi-d969l95.png
    My sim got ready
    screen_shot_2015_08_18_at_8_54_45_pm_by_mphattyboi-d969lag.png
    off to the Alter!
    screen_shot_2015_08_18_at_9_28_47_pm_by_mphattyboi-d969lby.png

I agree I wouldn't depend on the caterer I Used my own Sim the soon to be Husband, he's actually a Master Chef he baked the cake himself, and I used my other sims to my will, I had a Professional Painter at my wedding instead of a Photographer, (Because I don't have Get to Work), so I had the mother of the Groom paint, some portraits of them.
    08_18_15_10_42pm_by_mphattyboi-d96ra2i.png
    I love how they came out
    screen_shot_2015_08_18_at_10_57_26_pm_by_mphattyboi-d969lo5.png
    screen_shot_2015_08_18_at_10_47_33_pm_by_mphattyboi-d969lne.png
    And I think my Sims do too!

and So here we are
    After they got back from their honey moon in Oasis Springs, the father of the Bride is gifting his daughter and son-in-law with a new beginning, in a new home.
    screen_shot_2015_08_19_at_8_05_40_am_by_mphattyboi-d96ni20.png
    screen_shot_2015_08_19_at_9_01_38_am_by_mphattyboi-d96zgih.png
    Now I'm working on building upgrading the house and making money to support their first child.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • LeslieM25LeslieM25 Posts: 2,766 Member
    I really like the venue! Thanks for posting. I'll have to go check it out. :)
    Come check out my poses and more on my Simblr!
    http://lesliem25.tumblr.com/
    GqsONVc.gif
    Hermitgirl wrote: »
    These tips are great, thank you for posting them... beautiful pictures too :).
    Thank you! Its my pleasure to share these tips and it makes me happy when people enjoy the game too :)
    Pegasus143 wrote: »
    Funny thing, I've never had a caterer that didn't bake a cake- sometimes they end up baking multiple cakes before it's time to cut the cake. Also, you can choose sims from your household for caterer/mixologist/entertainer if they've got a high enough skill level. My final tip is that if you don't have the wedding ceremony by a certain time, your guests will get a tense buff.
    I have no idea why my Wedding caterers always mess things up in the kitchen, sometimes when they try to cook they leave the food halfway done and started to cook another. I only had like 2 caterers who actually managed to bake cakes, but they did it when the wedding event was going to end and it was a bit of a rush to have the newlyweds cut the cakes. Also thank you for the tips :)

marcellala wrote: »
    I never had a disastrous wedding! I didn't even know prople had problems with them. Pretty pictures, though.
    I've ran into a couple of problems with my other sims previous weddings, some of them quite funny and they were unintentional. You can never guess what'll happen to your sims, anything can happen in game xD I forgot to mention that when I thought everything was going to be fine during the wedding, the groom, Noah actually died of hysterical laughter at the bar lol. I knew something bad was going happen when the hysterical emotion music cue played out, I've had too many incidents with my sims dying from laughter before so I quickly saved the game before it happened. Noah did die soon after I saved the game so I quickly restarted the game with the previous save. Consider him really really lucky xD
    MasonGamer wrote: »
    Beautiful wedding! I really like the idea of painting their wedding portraits, it would be nice to frame it and hang it on the wall of their house. Also their house looks really nice and comfy ^-^ Did you build it yourself? I also had Noah proposed to Yuna at Sylvan Glade. Your sims' honeymoon gives me ideas, I might send Noah and Yuna to Granite Falls for their honeymoon. I placed a spa there so it'll be a nice little vacation for them :)
    LeslieM25 wrote: »
    I really like the venue! Thanks for posting. I'll have to go check it out. :)
    My pleasure! Sharing is caring <3

PEEt1Hh.gif?1
  • MatthiaMatthia Posts: 107 Member
    Lovely wedding! And thanks for the tips, I hope my next Sim wedding will turn out the way I want to following these tips!
  • lovebypondsidelovebypondside Posts: 1,364 Member
    Awesome weddings! Love some of these cc dresses I'm seeing.
    Origin ID: byscreenside
    Twitter: @byscreenside
    Youtube: YT

• FaberriesFaberries Posts: 1,354 Member
    Thanks for the tips! My first wedding went alright, but it could have gone better (three of the guests just stood outside in the bushes)... I will try to remember them, next time I hold a wedding :)
    Star Wind Flower Sun
  • BrittanyChick22BrittanyChick22 Posts: 2,130 Member
    lovely wedding
    giphy.gif

Thanks everyone! Glad I could help :) Also I didn't mean to tell you not to hire the Caterer for your wedding at all, you could if you want to but I just think preparing the cake by yourself will save you all troubles it might cause because it happens all the time in my game. Also some people get by without having a cake at all so yeah you can do that too xD Personally I like seeing the share wedding cake with spouse interaction because I think it is really cute <3
    PEEt1Hh.gif?1
  • Livin in SimLivin in Sim Posts: 1,145 Member
    edited August 2015
    Thanks for doing up all those tips. They're right on track.

I have this one couple in my "Patch Save". (I play them with a new patch with no mods or cc just to establish the patch.) Anyway, they've gotten married about 10 different times in all sorts of venues. I don't save at the end, of course. It's fun for me to practice weddings. One of these days I'm going to ""Save' This Couple's Marriage."

I sometimes even do it with a couple who is really getting married, just to see how it will go. I don't save at the end, and call it "The Rehearsal". :D I reload and have the real wedding. Often, it doesn't go as well.

One time I hired a random caterer for one of these practice weddings and added them to the household by shift-clicking on them. I was disappointed to see that their cooking skill was only at level 3 and they had no gourmet skill. So now I always have a caterer living in the town with maxed skills. I make a point of introducing my Sims to her. I've always been able to hire her. She's neat, so she cleans up, too. But if you want to mess with adding caterer to the household, you can control what they cook, then. Just move them back out when the wedding is over. I suppose you can tell that, for me, the food is the most important thing. :D

Another thing you can do if you're really a control freak is to add a wedding party member each for the bride and groom to the household temporarily. You can get them visiting with a bunch of the guests, different ones each, right before you're ready to start the vows. Then you can click on a seat by the wedding arch and choose "Sit Here Together". Usually the guests in the conversation will sit down, then. Then get married, quick, before they jump back up! Or, if you have moms, dads, siblings, etc, in your household, they can do it.

Edit: Oh, and don't ever hire Bob Pancakes as your caterer. I love him to death, but unless I make him wash his hands after he uses the bathroom, he never does. :p
  • MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    MasonGamer wrote: »
    Beautiful wedding! I really like the idea of painting their wedding portraits, it would be nice to frame it and hang it on the wall of their house. Also their house looks really nice and comfy ^-^ Did you build it yourself? I also had Noah proposed to Yuna at Sylvan Glade. Your sims' honeymoon gives me ideas, I might send Noah and Yuna to Granite Falls for their honeymoon. I placed a spa there so it'll be a nice little vacation for them :)

Thanks, Yeah I wish the frames on portraits were a little more, expensive, instead of generic but that portrait hangs over the fireplace in their study.

So I built the house myself, it went through several renovations till I got it right, just in time for the wedding.
    Yeah originally I was going to buy outdoor retreat to actually have my sims go on a vacation to Granite Falls, and I had the idea to have the wedding in the woods, overlooking the lake or waterfall. but then I learned you can't have a wedding while on vacation so, that failed.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif