Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Please allow npcs to propose to our sims

I think it would be a fantastic little feature that would add the element of surprise to our game. Assuming their relationship is high enough for the propose feature to be unlocked, I would love to see my sim's townie boyfriend drop on one knee and pop the question.
As for the acceptal, a simple interface button with yes or no would suffice. Not to mention, pressing that no might actually kill the one proposing, which would make for a fun story line.

hhHD2XB.png
My tumblr - A world of clutter and color

Comments

• Options
    Ponder the SimPonder the Sim Posts: 3,054 Member
    edited August 2015
    I definitely agree!

They could use the same interface present when your sim is invited to a birthday party.
  • Options
    AmiutzaAmiutza Posts: 1,796 Member
    I definitely agree!

They could use the same interface present when your sim is invited to a birthday party.
    That's exactly what I was thinking since they already made it, might as well have more uses for it :)
    hhHD2XB.png
    My tumblr - A world of clutter and color
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    edited August 2015
    Agreed plus an npc asking yours to be boy/girlfriend,for a kiss,to cuddle etc.
  • Options
    br560br560 Posts: 1,836 Member
    I agree. It's annoying that my sim is always the one to make the big leap in the relationship.
    Br560.
    Playing the sims since 2012
  • Options
    HalloMolliHalloMolli Posts: 2,720 Member
    I'd love that. Maybe if they bring back story progression they will implement something like this.
    "[...] and everything will be okay in the end. If it's not okay, then it's not the end."

• Options
    UniSimsUniSims Posts: 1,246 Member
    Yes please! It is annoying when your sim has to do everything in a relationship with a townie.
    laughing-gifs-old-timey.gif

Everything is more colourful in black and white
  • Options
    KandyKandy Posts: 2,008 Member
    I've always wanted that. When my sims have chemistry, they always are initiating hugging, kissing, etc without my help, but I've never had an NPC propose! That would be amazing, though I'm slightly afraid that they'd do it at a junkyard or something and ruin my great photo :lol:
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    Kandy wrote: »
    I've always wanted that. When my sims have chemistry, they always are initiating hugging, kissing, etc without my help, but I've never had an NPC propose! That would be amazing, though I'm slightly afraid that they'd do it at a junkyard or something and ruin my great photo :lol:

Yea, you are right ^^ . However you could prevent this easily from happening just by flagging certain lots to enable (or disable) certain autonomous behaviors (e.g. proposal, in this case Maxis could flag a park, bar, lounge etc. for this to happen) . But, to be honest, I wouldn't like that restriction. I'd rather see a proposal happening at a junkyard because things like these make me always laugh.

"[...] and everything will be okay in the end. If it's not okay, then it's not the end."

• Options
    EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,937 Member
    If that is in game, I'll never ever be ready for this.
  • Options
    IOIplaySimsIOIplaySims Posts: 135 Member
    > @MolliMontana said:
    > I'd love that. Maybe if they bring back story progression they will implement something like this.

They have a mod for that, you know. It just doesn't fix the proposal problem. PS I totally agree with yo guys...
    /Users/Isaac/Desktop/images.jpeg
  • Options
    > @MolliMontana said:

They have a mod for that, you know. It just doesn't fix the proposal problem. PS I totally agree with yo guys...

Yeah, but it's not really story progression. The mod throws some dices in the background and eventually some sims have kids together. It's better than nothing I guess. But the interaction between not-played sims/townies between each other still don't matter because the game don't save their relationship.

I want NPC-Sims to have a comprehensible life, I want that my community makes sense and feels alive.

• Options
    NZsimm3rNZsimm3r Posts: 9,265 Member
    Amiutza wrote: »
    I think it would be a fantastic little feature that would add the element of surprise to our game. Assuming their relationship is high enough for the propose feature to be unlocked, I would love to see my sim's townie boyfriend drop on one knee and pop the question.
    As for the acceptal, a simple interface button with yes or no would suffice. Not to mention, pressing that no might actually kill the one proposing, which would make for a fun story line.

I'd love this! It would be such a great feature to have! :)
    I'm a girl who likes to play with boys, what can I say... o:)

“Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.”Will Wright.
  • Options
    urygauryga Posts: 559 Member
    Wow, that would be a trip
    Sitting at a Bar and a NPC Hits on you.

Great Idea