Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

So,Our sims bank account doesn't go above that?My sims have earned that much money with 8 adult sims living in one household,All working in the business career.I'm not even sure how long it's been at 9,999,999,But I know it hasn't gone above that because my sims all just got paid for a days work and it didn't raise the amount.I'm not complaining either,I just didn't know that was the max amount of money a household could have lol.

Comments

• ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    edited August 2015
    That's cool to know. Not like my Sims have had a need to make that much money whether they cheat or work for it. All Sims games have had money caps before. I remember hitting the Sims one for the first time. So much time typing rosebud cheat over and over again each time I played. Then I discovered rosebud;!;!;!;!;!;!;!;!;!;!;!;!;!;!;!;!;!;!;!;!;!;!;!;!;!;!;!;!;!;!;!;!;!;!;!;!;!;!;!;!;!;!;!;!;!;!;!;!;!;!;!;!;!;!;!;!;!;!;!;!;!;!;!;!;!;!;!;!;!;!;!;!;!;!;!;!;!;!;!;!;!;!;!;!;1 worked well. So be grateful money cheats don't take that long to type anymore. :lol: That actually is the Sims original cap too.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • irishgurl2978irishgurl2978 Posts: 267 Member
    edited August 2015
    Scobre wrote: »
    That's cool to know. Not like my Sims have had a need to make that much money whether they cheat or work for it. All Sims games have had money caps before. I remember hitting the Sims one for the first time. So much time typing rosebud cheat over and over again each time I played. Then I discovered rosebud;!;!;!;!;!;!;!;!;!;!;!;!;!;!;!;!;!;!;!;!;!;!;!;!;!;!;!;!;!;!;!;!;!;!;!;!;!;!;!;!;!;!;!;!;!;!;!;!;!;!;!;!;!;!;!;!;!;!;!;!;!;!;!;!;!;!;!;!;!;!;!;!;!;!;!;!;!;!;!;!;!;!;!;!;1 worked well. So be grateful money cheats don't take that long to type anymore. :lol: That actually is the Sims original cap too.

I doubt my sims will ever spend all that money,I already have a house full of things and don't need anymore.The only thing I really need money for is to pay bills and occasionally buy seeds,upgrade parts,medicines,And books,But I don't do any of that very often so the money just sort of sits there lol.

I knew the games had money caps,But I thought the one in this game was a little higher than it is.I don't know but I thought I got 99,999,999 through a cheat,But maybe that's why I got that much because it was a cheat.I might be thinking of The Sims 3 though,Now that I think about it.
  • Rukola_SchaafRukola_Schaaf Posts: 3,065 Member
    I doubt my sims will ever spend all that money,I already have a house full of things and don't need anymore.The only thing I really need money for is to pay bills and occasionally buy seeds,upgrade parts,medicines,And books,But I don't do any of that very often so the money just sort of sits there lol.

I knew the games had money caps,But I thought the one in this game was a little higher than it is.I don't know but I thought I got 99,999,999 through a cheat,But maybe that's why I got that much because it was a cheat.I might be thinking of The Sims 3 though,Now that I think about it.

you can always donate part of that money,
    though the devs could have enable the donation amount to go beyond the relatively small of 1.000§
    you would get rid in no time of that money if there were options to donate 10.000, 100.000, 1.000.000 §§
    maybe a modder will help here out :tongue:

& donations provide your sim with an additional positive moodlet :smirk:

i won't be participating in the forums & the gallery anymore - thanks EA
  • icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    edited August 2015
    It's actually been that way since The Sims 1. :p *coughrosebud!;!;!;!!cough* But in TS1, it's the maximum the game can display. In reality, the game remembers the actual value. I'm not sure if it holds for The Sims 4, but if you spend money and it doesn't go down from 9,999,999, it probably knows the actual value as well.
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,590 Member

though the devs could have enable the donation amount to go beyond the relatively small of 1.000§
    you would get rid in no time of that money if there were options to donate 10.000, 100.000, 1.000.000 §§

That's a good idea actually. I wish they could have a little pop up for the player to key in their own specific amount they want to donate.
    icmnfrsh wrote: »
    It's actually been that way since The Sims 1. :p *coughrosebud!;!;!;!!cough* But in TS1, it's the maximum the game can display. In reality, the game remembers the actual value. I'm not sure if it holds for The Sims 4, but if you spend money and it doesn't go down from 9,999,999, it probably knows the actual value as well.

It goes down straight away from the cap, so the game doesn't remember the actual value.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    832XG3D.gif
  • icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    DeKay wrote: »

That's a good idea actually. I wish they could have a little pop up for the player to key in their own specific amount they want to donate.

It goes down straight away from the cap, so the game doesn't remember the actual value.

You'd be better off spending that money, then. :p There's no point in having 10M locked up anyway.
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • ferret9005ferret9005 Posts: 1,361 Member
    Is your siim related to Warren Buffet or Bill Gates? Donate to Toys fo Elders.
  • Samsonguy9000Samsonguy9000 Posts: 755 Member
    Well, there's the new challenge. Brewster's Millions Challenge. Give a new Sim 9,999,999 and spend it all within one age bracket. So before their next birthday or visit by Grim.
    Score based on value of home at the end of the challenge. Lowest points, as in lowest value home, with no cash left over wins.
  • SimsFurSimsFur Posts: 1,998 Member
    darn it.. now i cant afford that house for 10.000.000 simoleons
  • EsnesNommocEsnesNommoc Posts: 1,243 Member
    I hope they're gonna include some dumb things that cost a million simoleons or something, so we have something to actually work for and get to the cap (also, I guess you have lots of patience to be able to achieve that many). :p In The Sims 3 some Packs, I remembered a dumb fountain that cost half a million. lol
  • Prink34320Prink34320 Posts: 5,078 Member
    You don't need that much lol unless they start adding fancy houses that have 250 by 150 lot sizes o.o
    Live your life to the fullest, don't wait for a miracle to happen, be the miracle to make things happen.
    Sometimes your creativity is limited where you use it most, but you can use those limitations to inspire new forms of creativity you may never have thought of beforehand.
  • Jimboola11Jimboola11 Posts: 1,850 Member
    So,Our sims bank account doesn't go above that?My sims have earned that much money with 8 adult sims living in one household,All working in the business career.I'm not even sure how long it's been at 9,999,999,But I know it hasn't gone above that because my sims all just got paid for a days work and it didn't raise the amount.I'm not complaining either,I just didn't know that was the max amount of money a household could have lol.

They def need to bring back cars then. When you get super-rich in The Sims you have a driveway & garages FULL of top-of-the-range sports cars. It's tradition!!! <3

You'd be better off spending that money, then. :p There's no point in having 10M locked up anyway.

I tried. I have no idea what to buy. :( I have started a new game and now my sims have $30,000+.
    832XG3D.gif
  • slamondaslamonda Posts: 1,357 Member
    holy moley my sims are poverty compared to that
  • PlayPlay Posts: 704 Member
    I find that it's so easy to earn money in this game, all my families have ended up becoming rich just by working away.

I had no idea the business career made a lot of money. I have made a fortune as a writer, painter, tech guru and scientist but never really considered the Business Career.

• GoodywoodGoodywood Posts: 4,615 Member
    Scobre wrote: »

But in Sims 1 I found a way to "glitch" the cheat window and somehow all I had to do was type "rosebud ;!;!" then I press space a few times and I was able press enter as many times as I wanted without the cheat window disappearing. It's hard to explain but there was a way that you didn't have to keep typing. lol
    PLEASE FIX TEENS IN TS4! I NEED YOUNGER TEENS NOT YA TEENS! (^_^)Please add Music Bands with lead singers! Please add vehicles and garages! Vehicles have always been part of The Sims.
  • sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    The amount of simoleons that one sims family can have as never gone above 9,999,999 before to my knowledge. I know that that was the case in Sims 3 anyways because I know someone who had tried to get a household income above that, and failed to do so in Sims 3. So it would stand to think that 9,999,999 would also be the cap for the household income in Sims 4 too. :)
    Best thing about the business career used to be after reaching L10 in Sims 2 you used to be taken to and from work in a helicopter. Anyone remember that?
    Jimboola11 wrote: »
    Best thing about the business career used to be after reaching L10 in Sims 2 you used to be taken to and from work in a helicopter. Anyone remember that?

The only thing I hated about that is when you have 2 sims that need to be 'carpooled" and they both go at the same time. But when one of them goes on the helicopter, the other would be like "I can't get on." And totally miss work. I always had to supervise them to make sure they both get on board. LOL.
    832XG3D.gif
  • sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member

The only thing I hated about that is when you have 2 sims that need to be 'carpooled" and they both go at the same time. But when one of them goes on the helicopter, the other would be like "I can't get on." And totally miss work. I always had to supervise them to make sure they both get on board. LOL.
    I had that problem too in Sims 2, and hated it because when I had to send two sims to a certain place around town together. I could only send one sim there by helicopter, and the other sim there by car. When it was much simpler to just send both there by helicopter. :/

sunman502 wrote: »

I had that problem too in Sims 2, and hated it because when I had to send two sims to a certain place around town together. I could only send one sim there by helicopter, and the other sim there by car. When it was much simpler to just send both there by helicopter. :/

Oh. How did you send one via helicopter? I thought that was only possible if they're going to work?
    832XG3D.gif
  • abbyo48870abbyo48870 Posts: 166 Member
    :o Wouldn't it be cool if someone built a house that was that amount? You could actually use all that money for something. But placing the lot would probably make my computer spontaneously combust :D
    EiEgvr2.gif
  • Inna MinnitInna Minnit Posts: 2,008 Member
    Too bad we can't own multiple homes.