Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

the sims 4 plagiarism

ok guys first this is not a troll neither a hate even, because i true liked the idea in the survery in the same way i liked superheroes and cars, but i can't help but find it being plagiarism.

ok let's go a few months ago in the E3 we get "fallout 4 presentation where we get the game which will be after a atom apocalype, where you character awake(i will skip all the part about create the character), then like previous you must explore the world and find what happened, but in this game you will be able to "rebuild towns, find survives and bring then to towns hire workers, restore city power, build houses, weapons and objects(like chairs and bla bla bla), will be like a build simulator game+ action and even when you finish the game you can keep playing forever (sandbox)controlling the towns you created and bla bla bla

you must find survives, hire peoples to work in market or to help defender random invasions, build defenses and houses, farm, well a lot of "life simulator aspects to fight bandits/raiders and monsters.

now let's look at the sims 4 apocalypse zombie
you have to rebuild the town and probably you will be able to "build/fix objects instead of just buy in the buy mod, like the car in sims 3 store where you can make him work again.
you have to find survives
rebuild the town
fight zombies
protect the town

wow this not look familiar?????, looks like EAxis liked fallout idea.

again this is not a troll or hater i really liked the idea but really is hard not thing which they get that idea from this game.
HERE E3 FALLOUT presentation.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HTq3q8e8nhA
tumblr_mfiuwmQOLI1qgap4ho1_500.gif

Comments

• thesims3boythesims3boy Posts: 18,046 Member
    Lol plagiarism? NOT IN THE SLIGHTEST.
  • Sim2SporeSim2Spore Posts: 284 Member
    edited August 2015
    The post-apocalyptic survival genre has been done dozens of times before. There are plenty of indie games that have done this well before that survey ever came out. Besides that, it's not like Fallout 4 invented these ideas either. It would only be considered true plagiarism if the expansion had every sim carrying a Pip-boy on their wrists.
  • EllessarrEllessarr Posts: 2,795 Member
    edited August 2015
    Sim2Spore wrote: »
    The post-apocalyptic survival genre has been done dozens of times before. There are plenty of indie games that have done this well before that survey ever came out. Besides that, it's not like Fallout invented these ideas either. It would only be considered true plagiarism if the expansion had every sim carrying a pipboy on their wrists.
    yeah and fallout series is also old the first game come in 1997, he was the one where the game was focusing more in the "human aspect" and survive than just hack&slash.

and is not just the "apocalypse aspect but the fact of "rebuild a town" fixe objects and that things, are things which fallout was the first to introduce with his series.

and probably the will carry a "plumbob" lol.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fallout_(series)
  • ObscurusObscurus Posts: 626 Member

It would only be considered true plagiarism if the expansion had every sim carrying a pipboy on their wrists.

If the DLC added Vault 13 jumpsuit, that Mad Max-esque black leather armor, advanced power armor and a Deathclaw plushie, I'd buy it in a heartbeat. :)

Consider TS3: Into the Future in the desolate, dystopian future. This is basically a similar setting to what the expansion pack would be, just throw in some zombies and more survivalist gameplay. Does that really make this plagiarism? No.

Plagiarising the ideas of the Fallout series would be copying the plot, the characters, the items and brands, the SPECIAL concept, the Pip-boys, and the overall gameplay. While the original Fallout is among the first post-apocalyptic survival games to ever exist, it does not hold any claims over simple ideas like surviving in a zombie apocalypse. In fact, the main enemies in that franchise aren't even zombies.
    Consider TS3: Into the Future in the desolate, dystopian future. This is basically a similar setting to what the expansion pack would be, just throw in some zombies and more survivalist gameplay. Does that really make this plagiarism? No.

Plagiarising the ideas of the Fallout series would be copying the plot, the characters, the items and brands, the SPECIAL concept, the Pip-boys, and the overall gameplay. While the original Fallout is among the first post-apocalyptic survival games to ever exist, it does not hold any claims over simple ideas like surviving in a zombie apocalypse. In fact, the main enemies in that franchise aren't even zombies.
    not really if you read the survery will be about a "destroyed town, and you need to "rebuild it from the scratch, just read the survey and you will feel similarities, again this is not a critic per say is just something i found silly, i don't have problem with then "copy the idea" just trying to point where come the "inspiration for the pack.
    I guess, but considering that ever since they've put zombies into the game, especially with TS2, zombie/apocalypse survival challenges have existed lol

I don't think they really need Fallout for inspiration. They're probably just taking into consideration some scenarios that players have made up on their own before.
    edited August 2015
    I don't think they really need Fallout for inspiration. They're probably just taking into consideration some scenarios that players have made up on their own before.
    i download some sims 3 worlds devasted and i liked what peoples can do, well the idea of rebuild a town is very new even in that setup of games normaly is about just rescue survives build at best a fort and survive if the idea will be like was i thinking in also about "fix" broken stuffs like tv or stereos or chairs then will be like fallout or the dinossaur game or like minecraft where you can create things instead of buy in the buy mode or you will be buying the broken version.

well like i told i liked the idea and want to see what gonna happen my only fear are the borked emotions" and AI, see zombies "flirting" instead of attacking will be very weird.

here the survey
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/simsvip/20406205555/in/album-72157656948813752/
    rebuild - the apocalypse has struck The Sims 4! Explore abandoned neighborhoods and rescue survivors, rebuild your own town into a thriving community, and fight off zombies to protect your new town.

the same premise of fallout 4, lol, but ofcourse fallout will be more complex than sims 4 since you must even create power sources and farm/produce the food.
  • PsychoSimXXPsychoSimXX Posts: 4,403 Member
    edited August 2015
    I thought of inventing a game in which you have to get the frog safely across the street without getting ran over. I am thinking of calling it Dasher Frog. I think Nintendo would be the prefect place to go and get this off the ground!

ok all jokes aside, everything you have mentioned has been done many times over in various way.
    Post edited by PsychoSimXX on

Follow me on Twitter

Check out my Gallery

Peace, Love, and Unity.

`•.,¸¸,.•´¯ ¯`•.,¸¸,.•´
  • sparkler_rosesparkler_rose Posts: 466 Member
    There are so many similar games out there it's not even funny. If you want a real example of intellectual property being blatantly ripped off look up farm town, and how zynga quite obviously stole the idea.
  • JoBass24usJoBass24us Posts: 1,629 Member
    I'm with what most have said here, it's not plagiarism at all.
    It may have some elements that are similar but the gameplay and story is very different.

Just take a look at all the MMO's out there. Almost all of them share similarities but have major differences in fighting mechanics, story so on and so on.
  • CoffeeBeanPopcornCoffeeBeanPopcorn Posts: 1,587 Member
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9CS7j5I6aOc

I cannot believe this is still less than 5 letters
    I'm back!
  • LittleMinxUndrLittleMinxUndr Posts: 4,196 Member
    *worships Todd Howard*

(I almost misspelled Todd's name as toddler... Could this mean toddlers confirmed? :# )
    Todd Howard makes me forget that I'm gay. He appears handsome, congenial, intelligent and talented and I enjoy listening to him.
    The problem that he's facing is that he's seen as the golden boy and is set up as the game-director that can do no wrong, with Bethesda themselves enforcing that for all that it is worth. I can only imagine the stress that he's under, three moths before release of Fallout 4. It can easily make him the John Romero of this decade...
  • WyrrenWyrren Posts: 724 Member
    From what I understand, some one made up that survey. It isn't official.
    Origin ID: Wyrren
  • Renamed2002180839Renamed2002180839 Posts: 3,444 Member
    Well, I really don't think it's the same thing. There wasn't any dancing at the end.
  • MrSimmisMrSimmis Posts: 1,693 Member
    yeah not plagiarism in any way? Both of them have an apocalypse theme yeah and that is why they have similar features, because those are things you do in an apocalypse setting!?
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,496 Member
    @Ellessarr, ideas cannot be copyrighted, only the treatment of said idea. Otherwise, nobody could write or create anything, as it's all been done before!
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • nastyjmannastyjman Posts: 1,218 Member
    Nothing is new under the sun.

It's not plagiarism; it's a remix. Everything is a remix. Things are invented, and some others will reiterate that invention, improving on it or even creating something new based on it. Look at movies and stories. Some carry a similar premise, but the difference lies in the execution. One example is Kill Bill. The movie's premise is revenge similar to Lady Snowblood or Wolf and Cub. Some would say Kill Bill is a rip-off of japanese movies, but the difference lies in its execution and style.

Now. Saying Fallout 4 and Sims 4 Apocalypse is plagiarism is like saying iPhone plagiarized Android or vice verse.

Also, Wasteland served as an inspiration to Fallout 1. We can claim that Fallout 1 plagiarized Wastelands by your definition.

Anyway, you should understand the word plagiarism more clearly. Plagiarism is blatant copying of someone else's work and calling it your own.

I believe the term you should use is "inspired" or "iteration" or "remix." Again, nothing is new under the sun. What we do, however, is combine things, chop 'em up, experiment on things, and make them look unique even though it was created something akin to Frankenstein.
    TLC_banner_2021_downscale.png
  • LeslieM25LeslieM25 Posts: 2,766 Member
    That is not plagiarism lol. That's like the basis for every zombie movie/game ever. I didn't read that survey entirely though. I love that idea!
    Come check out my poses and more on my Simblr!
    http://lesliem25.tumblr.com/
    GqsONVc.gif
  • halimali1980halimali1980 Posts: 8,246 Member
    I wish they do plagiarism of excellent things instead of offering something shallow that they might call "Original"

I totally love the apocalypse theme not necessarily with zombies but love the idea of a world post apocalypse with items and clothings to go with. would have made a total different theme than the rest of the game.
    Everything I post is an opinion here and I think every post of others is as well.
    giphy.gif
  • LustianiciaLustianicia Posts: 2,489 Member
    I don't think you know what the definition of "plagiarism" even is. Nobody "owns" the idea or concept of a zombie apocalypse.
    Favorite Packs
    Sims 1: Hot Date
    Sims 2: Seasons
    Sims 2: Happy Holiday Stuff
    Sims 3: Seasons
    Sims 3: 70's, 80's, & 90's Stuff
    Sims 4: Seasons
    Sims 4: Paranormal Stuff
    Sims 4: Strangerville Game Pack

78MB6Gb.jpg
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    I once read an article by a famous author (though can't remember who it was, go figure) that said every idea has already been thought of -- the difference is approach. Fallout and The Sims are two totally different franchises, so they'll of course have different approaches; likely The Sims would approach it in a less dire fashion than the Fallout version.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Alysha1988Alysha1988 Posts: 3,452 Member
    Plagiarism no, terrible terrible idea for an expansion pack in a main series sim game, yes.
  • KayleiMarieKayleiMarie Posts: 68 Member
    Although I absolutely love the idea of the rebuild EP, there is an actual game series called.... Rebuild. It's basically the aftermath of a zombie apocalypse and you have a gang of survivors that have to reclaim various towns and rebuild them (obviously). Saying that though, most apocalypse based games are going to be pretty similar. I suspect The Sims would have to give it a different title though.
    Origin: KayleiMarie
    Twitter: @kayleimarie
    I'm pretty much just KayleiMarie