Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4 Midnight Sun Challenge !

HammerArcadeHammerArcade Posts: 6 New Member
Hello, I am Hammer ! I am here to show you MY way of how to play the Midnight Sun Challenge in the sims 4 !
Firstly, All credits goes to Gurra09 From Modthesims for creating the challenge in the sims 3 ( Supposed to be a link to the main article or rules )
I did copy some important points from the MAIN article or lists or rules x'D !

Since i dont have a lot of posts, i think im not allowed to post pictures or links yet so bare with me x'D !

<3 STILL IN BETA <3

You don't remember much of what happened but the cruise ship sank, your lifeboat broke, and you ended up here. What a lucky life, don't you think?

Welcome to the Midnight Sun Challenge, MSC!

You begin by creating a new game in CAS , and create a new sim who is young adult or adult. It's up to you what your sim is going to look
like and all that, no restrictions. After your sim is done you move them to the isle's, So you ask me which isle's ? since we can not create worlds for sims 4. Its gonna be a bummer, but you have to live in Oasis Springs, Why? It kinda matches the landscape, Sand etc etc. The lot you are required to play on is Arid Ridge which is 40x30, Which costs $5,500.

After going into the lot you will have $14,500 left, Now you will have to increase the money, YES increasing the money is needed by doing the cheatcode " Money $100,000".

Now that you have the $100,000 You will need to get the " world " which is the lot, It will be in the gallery under the username FruitEnvelopes, Or use the hashtag #mightnightSun ( get the furnished one )

Now you have the base , You will have to reduce your money again to ( $3,000 )
Which is the last reduce i promise xD!

now to get started , Which is most likely the last step . You have to teleport the sim inside the island. Which is the foundation, You'll have to do testingcheats true, and shift click the foundation " island "
and click on " Teleport here " Which will teleport the sim inside the Island

This sim is now the beginning of a family whose destiny is to survive on this little island for 5 generations,
until the first child of 5th generation turns YA. Your sim is allowed to do whatever they want to in order to earn money, including painting, writing, fishing etc. The only age span allowed is Normal,
Since there are other sims in the neighbourhood your sim MOST live in total isolation. . So You are partically safe from the humans xD, The fence is actually a defense :S!
YOU WILL HAVE TO IGNORE ALL THE NEIGHBOURS AROUND ( u cant talk to them anyways xD! )

So It's recommended to have Outdoor Retreat, If not DO NOT FEAR. So OR have a vacation system which leads to take you to granite falls, so you go to a vacation find a partner, DONE !
Now if you don't have OR, You can go to venues as vacations . But You have a limit of 3 times. You can go to a SPECIFIC venue/vacation ONCE For ex., You visit the bar once, you cant go to it again with the same sim
That DOES NOT apply to the whole 5 generations. Each sim in the island is limited 3 travels

An important detail is that everyone born on the lot or married into family must live on the isle and is never allowed to leave it until death takes them elsewhere. The only exception to this is the limited number of vacations allowed. Also, during a sim's childhood you are never allowed to choose their traits, they must be randomized. What ill usually do is swing my mouse and close my eyes xD but you guys can use The Legacy Randomiser by Pinstar !

Do NOT try to send your children to school since there is 0% for them to get out of the island. ( They might get a D but hey )
Finally no cheats are allowed except for when you need to reset a glitched/Bugged sim or move something that's in the way with moveobjects .
you are not allowed to use mods that changes game conditions for skills, moods etc. If you are unsure whether a mod should be allowed or not, go for whatever you feel is reasonable, after all you are playing your game not me :)!

Good luck on the Isle of Midnight Sun! :D

Lastly. Credits honestly goes to Gurra09 because i had way much fun in sims 3 with it . and i felt this challenge was kinda forgotten by the community, I've waited a lot for someone to convert it, but luck was bad HAHA ! . This is my first challenge to convert :blush:

Enjoy and send me pictures, on here =)! If you have question don't fear to ask me ill be glad to help =)!
I really wanted to make this challenge post not dull but im not allowed to post pictures

Comments

• Options
    edited July 2015
    You don't remember much of what happened but the cruise ship sank, your lifeboat broke, and you ended up here. What a lucky life, don't you think?

Welcome to the Midnight Sun Challenge, MSC!

You begin by creating a new game in CAS , and create a new sim who is young adult or adult. It's up to you what your sim is going to look
    like and all that, no restrictions. After your sim is done you move them to the isle's, So you ask me which isle's ? since we can not create worlds for sims 4. Its gonna be a bummer, but you have to live in Oasis Springs, Why? It kinda matches the landscape, Sand etc etc. The lot you are required to play on is Arid Ridge which is 40x30, Which costs $5,500.

After going into the lot you will have $14,500 left, Now you will have to increase the money, YES increasing the money is needed by doing the cheatcode " Money $100,000".

Now that you have the $100,000 You will need to get the " world " which is the lot, It will be in the gallery under the username FruitEnvelopes, Or use the hashtag #MidnightSun ( get the furnished one )

Now you have the base , You will have to reduce your money again to ( $3,000 )
  • Options
    edited July 2015
    Which is the last reduce i promise xD!

now to get started , Which is most likely the last step . You have to teleport the sim inside the island. Which is the foundation, You'll have to do testingcheats true, and shift click the foundation " island "
    and click on " Teleport here " Which will teleport the sim inside the Island

This sim is now the beginning of a family whose destiny is to survive on this little island for 5 generations,
    until the first child of 5th generation turns YA. Your sim is allowed to do whatever they want to in order to earn money, including painting, writing, fishing etc. The only age span allowed is Normal,
    Since there are other sims in the neighbourhood your sim MOST live in total isolation. . So You are partically safe from the humans xD, The fence is actually a defense :S!
    YOU WILL HAVE TO IGNORE ALL THE NEIGHBOURS AROUND ( u cant talk to them anyways xD! )

So It's recommended to have Outdoor Retreat, If not DO NOT FEAR. So OR have a vacation system which leads to take you to granite falls, so you go to a vacation find a partner, DONE !
    Now if you don't have OR, You can go to venues as vacations . But You have a limit of 3 times. You can go to a SPECIFIC venue/vacation ONCE For ex., You visit the bar once, you cant go to it again with the same sim
    That DOES NOT apply to the whole 5 generations. Each sim in the island is limited 3 travels

An important detail is that everyone born on the lot or married into family must live on the isle and is never allowed to leave it until death takes them elsewhere. The only exception to this is the limited number of vacations allowed. Also, during a sim's childhood you are never allowed to choose their traits, they must be randomized. What ill usually do is swing my mouse and close my eyes xD but you guys can use The Legacy Randomiser by Pinstar !

Do NOT try to send your children to school since there is 0% for them to get out of the island. ( They might get a D but hey )
    Finally no cheats are allowed except for when you need to reset a glitched/Bugged sim or move something that's in the way with moveobjects .
    you are not allowed to use mods that changes game conditions for skills, moods etc. If you are unsure whether a mod should be allowed or not, go for whatever you feel is reasonable, after all you are playing your game not me :)!

Good luck on the Isle of Midnight Sun! :D

Lastly. Credits honestly goes to Gurra09 because i had way much fun in sims 3 with it . and i felt this challenge was kinda forgotten by the community, I've waited a lot for someone to convert it, but luck was bad HAHA ! . This is my first challenge to convert :blush:

Enjoy and send me pictures, on here =)! If you have question don't fear to ask me ill be glad to help =)!

Update 7/3 -
    You can keep the mailbox if you're sims are writers but make sure they're inside the island !
    You can use the cheatcode bb.ignoregameplayunlocksentitlement since there are no jobs allowed !
    I noticed when you get married to a spouse you will earn $20,000, So there are no ways of reducing that
    so you will have to take away 15,000 so you will have 5,000$ from the spouse. work ur calcs out and do the money cheat again !
    Post edited by HammerArcade on
  • Options
    simswithcheesesimswithcheese Posts: 79 Member
    Very well done Hammer :) I will try this out as soon as I can
  • Options
    Just-Phoebe-MeJust-Phoebe-Me Posts: 11 New Member
    I seem to be having a problem fishing. and cooking on this lot.
  • Options
    EvalenEvalen Posts: 10,223 Member
    edited March 2017
    Why can't you use the island in Windenburg , you can delete all the lots but one.
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    @HammerArcade are you allowed to collect things to earn money.
  • Options
    @HammerArcade Is this still going, and where do I go for answers, no one seems to answer here. I would like to try this but no one around
  • Options
    Hello, anyone here? I guess this is a old post no one around anymore