Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Just downloaded Sims 4, can't locate the 'Electronic Arts' folder??

I just completed a digital download via Origin of TS4 deluxe and Get To Work. I want to quickly install some custom content before I go in-game but can't locate the 'Electronic Arts' or 'Mods' folders in my computer. I have used two search engines (spotlight search and the finder search) and nothing comes up, and have also manually scrolled through all my documents looking for the folders. I don't know what to do.. have I done something wrong in the installation process? Does anyone know why my folders might be missing in action?

Please help, thanks. :)

Comments

• IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    edited June 2015
    It doesn't appear until you launch the game. Start the game, let it load, then exit. You should see the folder in Documents.

ETA: Just realized this is in the Mac section. Same method applies, but I'm not entirely sure where you should look for the Electronic Arts folder afterwards (I know nothing whatsoever about Macs.)
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    edited June 2015
    After you've launched the game, the folder will be in Documents/Electronic Arts -- then inside the Sims 4 folder you'll find the Mods folder along with all the other folders needed. You don't have to start a game save, just go to the opening main menu screen then go up to Options (the three dots in the upper right corner of the screen) and select Exit Game.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • emie-tillyemie-tilly Posts: 6 New Member
    I thought that might be the problem! Thank you guys! :)
  • kaatedocuskaatedocus Posts: 3 New Member
    Okay so I've launched the game and everything, but I still cant find my Sims 4 folder... I'm on Windows 10 and I think that may be part of the problem... help please!
    Okay so I've launched the game and everything, but I still cant find my Sims 4 folder... I'm on Windows 10 and I think that may be part of the problem... help please!
    Okay so I've launched the game and everything, but I still cant find my Sims 4 folder... I'm on Windows 10 and I think that may be part of the problem... help please!> @kaatedocus said:
    > Okay so I've launched the game and everything, but I still cant find my Sims 4 folder... I'm on Windows 10 and I think that may be part of the problem... help please!

Scratch that, it just popped up! Thats what I get for being impatient
  • IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    @kaatedocus In Windows 10, click "Start>File Explorer>Documents>Electronic Arts." If you're using Windows 10 on a Mac, I don't know because I'm not familiar with how Boot Camp works.
  • BluebellFloraBluebellFlora Posts: 7,110 Member
    IceyJ wrote: »
    @kaatedocus In Windows 10, click "Start>File Explorer>Documents>Electronic Arts." If you're using Windows 10 on a Mac, I don't know because I'm not familiar with how Boot Camp works.

In Boot Camp it would be exactly the same. It is running whichever version of Windows the user has installed. Think of it like Windows but running on Apple hardware.
    apple-signature.png
  • magnolia1122magnolia1122 Posts: 5 New Member
    Thanks guys I was having the same problem. :)
  • biialandiiebiialandiie Posts: 1 New Member
    I did all of that, but I'm still having the same problem, but I'm on PC with windowns 10.... does anyone know how to fix it? ):
  • Tremayne4260Tremayne4260 Posts: 3,126 Member
    I did all of that, but I'm still having the same problem, but I'm on PC with windowns 10.... does anyone know how to fix it? ):

The same applies to Windows users as to Mac users. The Sims 4 folder does not appear until you start the game. Personally, I would at least create a Sim or start a game up to insure that all the information does generate. It is always located in your Documents folder (Documents>Electronic Arts>Sims 4). If you have any current EA games the Electronic Arts folder will be there. Open it up and you'll see your games there (for example Sims 3, Dragon Age:Inquision, etc)
    Second Star to the Right and Straight on 'til Morning.
  • GozzrealGozzreal Posts: 2 New Member
    well I have done started the game, even made a save, checked all the boxes, relieved hidden folders. And to no avail, that folder doesn't exist on my windows 10. I even went as far as making one and it doesn't recognize it..
  • GozzrealGozzreal Posts: 2 New Member
    Correction, I found it. Yoll have to go to this pc,(C:), users, profile name, Documents, electronic arts, them sims 4 you should see it.
    Documents > Electronic Arts > Sims 4. It's the same for both Windows and the Mac OS.
  • chezzie24chezzie24 Posts: 2 New Member
    Documents > Electronic Arts > Sims 4. It's the same for both Windows and the Mac OS.

This use to be the case...However I re downloaded the game via origin and there was a sims update, and now the EA folder is missing. Any help?
  • DarkAmaranth1966DarkAmaranth1966 Posts: 13,416 Member
    Make sure you are logged in to the computer as the correct user. The full path is actually [boot drive - USUALLY C]/users/ [username]/Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 4.
    Life is what you make it so, make it good.
    chezzie24 wrote: »

This use to be the case...However I re downloaded the game via origin and there was a sims update, and now the EA folder is missing. Any help?

If you re-downloaded the game that would indicate you have previously uninstalled it? In which case there will be no Electronic Arts folder. When you uninstall the game it gets rid of all Sims 4 related data.

apple-signature.png
    The Electronic Arts Folder is always located in your Documents folder. It doesn't matter if you are on a Windows PC or a Mac.
  • parisviv101parisviv101 Posts: 3 New Member
    Gozzreal wrote: »
    well I have done started the game, even made a save, checked all the boxes, relieved hidden folders. And to no avail, that folder doesn't exist on my windows 10. I even went as far as making one and it doesn't recognize it..

On My Mac Sims 4 was frozen so i axadenty deleted the sims 4 folder dose anyone know how to get it back [sorry for spelling]
  • parisviv101parisviv101 Posts: 3 New Member
    I also reinstalled sims 4
    The Sims 4 folder is created in your Documents > Electronic Arts folder when you launch the game.
    apple-signature.png
  • chakkraachakkraa Posts: 4 New Member
    hey for those of you who use windows 10, you should check your onedrive. my brother has the sims 4 on his pc with windows 10 and i searched his entire computer for the electronic arts folder. i miss and clicked on his onedrive and saw a documents folder in it and found the electronic arts folder for the sims 4!

here is where to look
    > C:\Users\xxxxx\OneDrive\Documents\Electronic Arts
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    @chakkraa That could be a backup folder; One Drive is often used for backing up important folders/documents. The main Sims 4 folder should still be in in This PC/Documents/Electronic Arts, unless a different location was selected when the game was installed. Maybe your brother chose the One Drive for some reason (it can help make the game more portable, if you have more than one computer that you play Sims 4 on).
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member
    chakkraa wrote: »
    hey for those of you who use windows 10, you should check your onedrive. my brother has the sims 4 on his pc with windows 10 and i searched his entire computer for the electronic arts folder. i miss and clicked on his onedrive and saw a documents folder in it and found the electronic arts folder for the sims 4!

here is where to look
    > C:\Users\xxxxx\OneDrive\Documents\Electronic Arts

one drive causes game issues for both the sims 3 and 4 and should not be used https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/916741/sims-4-and-one-drive
  • ASTRAxMOONASTRAxMOON Posts: 31 Member
    Well, this helped me a lot. I'm only on Win7, but I did not know that I had to start the game to generate the folder, thanks :)