Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

CC SHOPPING

Fergie7818Fergie7818 Posts: 42 Member
ok i need some sims 3 cc so i was gonna go cc shopping but i would like some of you guys to give me some good quality cc websites

Comments

• HunterInShadowHunterInShadow Posts: 302 Member
    I don't use cc, so I cannot help on that. You might also want to edit your discussion topic into something that actually is related to the topic of the thread. I was lured in thinking that you had some urgent problem with your game, and then found out that you're just looking for people to give you hints on where to find good cc.
    "Never tempt the Predator into a Bloodlust." - HunterInShadow
  • sookieleesookielee Posts: 114 Member
    It really depends on the type of CC that you are looking for.

Clothes and/or Accessories
    http://www.all-about-style.com/
    http://www.lorandiasims3.com/index.php

Cars
    http://www.freshprincecreations.com/index.htm

• lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,278 Member
  • lovespandas1lovespandas1 Posts: 635 Member
    edited June 2015
    I used to use CC so I know a TON of sites.
    Like Eternila, she made tons of super nice retextures of hairs.
    http://thed3n.blogspot.com/search/label/hair retexture
    She also has poses, and a few clothing items.

If you want objects, MTS is perfect.

http://modthesims.info/browse.php?gs=2

They also have a TON of mods, lots, sims, a few hairs, clothes, and much more!

@lisasc360 Sandy makes really nice objects, you're right.
    http://aroundthesims3.com/objects/index.html

ForeverandalwaysSims makes nice retextures, too. She has a TON.
    http://valeocatty-s.tumblr.com/tagged/Downloads
    you've met with a terrible fate, haven't you?
  • lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,278 Member
    @lovespandas1, that she does... <3 I have so much of her stuff but I love using it for my Sims homes as it makes them look lived in and not model homes where everything is in it's place... :)
  • CreamierThanMamiCreamierThanMami Posts: 684 Member
    One piece of advice - only use the Sims Resource in limited amounts. Besides the fact that the site is laden with dangerous ads, it's pretty infamous for dangerous CC. If you do download from them, try to make sure you're downloading items with a huge amount of downloads/from a "top creator". Things could still go wrong, of course.
    Fotor0510194637_zps0hyuxnv8.jpg
    If you like my story, contributions to my wishlist are appreciated!
  • WaxingCrescent05WaxingCrescent05 Posts: 577 Member
    edited June 2015
    I don't use cc, so I cannot help on that. You might also want to edit your discussion topic into something that actually is related to the topic of the thread. I was lured in thinking that you had some urgent problem with your game, and then found out that you're just looking for people to give you hints on where to find good cc.

who took a 🐸🐸🐸🐸 in your cheerios man
    Follow my Simblr at FauntleroySims, or my Twitter @fauntleroysims! I'm kind of a noob to social media rn XD
    Origin ID: Eve0053
    Windows 10 Home 64 bit - Intel Core i7-6700K 4GHz (8 CPUs) - 16GB RAM - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB Dedicated VRAM - Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB

I agree that he came off as abrasive, but I doubt that was his true intent.
  • TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    I use a lot of stuff from TSR though most gets converted to package files and installed that way.I've got things from ATS and MTS in my game and I love all of it.
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • MemoriiValentineMemoriiValentine Posts: 1,911 Member
    is there a place to get good cc make up besides tsr?
    Happy Simming!♥
  • HunterInShadowHunterInShadow Posts: 302 Member

I agree that he came off as abrasive, but I doubt that was his true intent.

No, I didn't intend to be abrasive at all, I'm sorry if it came across that way. I'm a bit direct when I say things, and sometimes it tends to come out a bit blunt, especially in written form.
    "Never tempt the Predator into a Bloodlust." - HunterInShadow
  • ZeeGeeZeeGee Posts: 5,356 Member

Gosik at Platinum Simmers has some beautiful makeup.

https://www.platinumsimmers.com/sims-3-downloads-by-gosik/
    edited June 2015

Spring4Sims is my personal favorite. It's more of a collection of different makeups; not just the efforts of a single artist, but I think that's better because there's more variety.
  • mfb426mfb426 Posts: 1,407 Member
    Here's a list of my favorite sites, I have it organized my type of content, like makeup, clothing, decor, etc. :) I hope it helps! (I'm linking to my blog instead of copying/pasting the list because when I pasted it, it didn't include the hyperlinks and there's 25+ of them and I thought it might take too long to add them again, haha. :) )
    output_npUBOD.gif
  • CHAERINBUKICHAERINBUKI Posts: 62 Member
    The Sims Resource has everything^^

Yes, including game breaking content and malicious ads. What more could you want.
  • KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,919 Member

Yes, including game breaking content and malicious ads. What more could you want.

That's what I was thinking too.
  • TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    I keep adblocker partially enabled on TSR when I get CC from there because the site is fairly safe without the ads.
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • CravenLestatCravenLestat Posts: 13,735 Member
    I do not use CC myself but will say from the millions of times I see threads on stretched mutant babies and evil kitchen counters that attack your soul like a poltergeist and countless other things such as "It's weird my game keeps freezing and glitching,yet all I have is 26 custom hairs 47 outfits 16 mods......blah blah" :( just use caution if you insist or avoid it all together.Are there great CC creators? Indeed o:) Are there great modders? Yupp very talented o:) ...but is there terrible CC that some might think is harmless Yupp.Think of CC as a coin toss Heads it is fine and your game runs smooth and the outfit looks amazing,tails you find out your toddler has an arm growing out his face and has breasts like an adult female.
    I Play Sims 3 On A Potato

DfydFiZ.gif
    I do not use CC myself but will say from the millions of times I see threads on stretched mutant babies and evil kitchen counters that attack your soul like a poltergeist and countless other things such as "It's weird my game keeps freezing and glitching,yet all I have is 26 custom hairs 47 outfits 16 mods......blah blah" :( just use caution if you insist or avoid it all together.Are there great CC creators? Indeed o:) Are there great modders? Yupp very talented o:) ...but is there terrible CC that some might think is harmless Yupp.Think of CC as a coin toss Heads it is fine and your game runs smooth and the outfit looks amazing,tails you find out your toddler has an arm growing out his face and has breasts like an adult female.

My game is absolutely loaded with CC, and it runs fine (well, except for an occasional mutant baby or floating dishwasher). It's like you said - learn what and how to download, stay safe, and you'll be fine. It also helps to associate yourself with how to fix bad CC (as in, taking it out of your game).