Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How would you feel if EA released Sims Complete Collection on Origin?

JoseffJoseff Posts: 546 Member
edited May 2015 in The Sims (2000)
I'm talking about the original Sims with all 7 Expansion Packs, would you like to see this happen? I'm only thinking this since not long ago they released The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection on Origin, so why not do the same for The Sims 1?

Comments

• Options
    Frogprincess_qFrogprincess_q Posts: 1,269 Member
    I would love that. It's currently available on Amazon for over a hundred dollars. I'd love to check it out again, but not at that price.
    Edits made and not mentioned will be for typos.

- Froggie
    1nr15n0.jpg
    WIP: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/851667/australian-world-version-1-0-uploaded/p1
  • Options
    kremesch73kremesch73 Posts: 10,474 Member
    I still have it and play it, but I think it would be an awesome gesture to release the one that started it all as a thank you to the rest of the fans. A lot of people don't have it any more or never had the chance to play it.

It's hard though. It's the hardest Sims game out there. Not sure if it would receive the love it deserves with the way the game gets dumbed down with each new release.
    Dissatisfied with Sims 4 and hoping for a better Sims 5
  • Options
    seVenpeaceloVeseVenpeaceloVe Posts: 501 Member
    edited May 2015
    i still have the original. deluxe edition in the box. it still even has the best buy sticker on it. in 2001 it was $19.99!

im cool with the ultimate collection. all ea needs to do for me is release everything sims 2 that isnt included in the ultimate collection. #yeaimgreedy
    free the sims!
    http://youtu.be/Bj7wOfUwHlo <<sims 2 dane cook creepy work guy. hilarious!
  • Options
    Rukola_SchaafRukola_Schaaf Posts: 3,065 Member
    i have both, the original in a big box (& Living Large also)
    & the Deluxe Edition in a DVD box

the definition of files was changed after Deluxe
    i can't remember anymore what exactly it was what they changed but some things weren't possible to edit anymore after Deluxe

& indeed TS1 is very hard to play
    very little money, sims always exhausted from work, no possibility to visit any other lot, telephone only for invitations of other sims & some of them just don't want to come over, friendships & romantic relationships are very hard work

but i still love that game :smiley:

i won't be participating in the forums & the gallery anymore - thanks EA
  • Options
    xBob18xBob18 Posts: 7,893 Member
    I wouldn't mind, but Sims 2 is where I belong. Sims 1 is too challenging for nothing, and I don't play Sims just to constantly feed my sims. They need to get out, too!
    oh3cjs.jpg
  • Options
    canitbemancanitbeman Posts: 396 Member
    edited May 2015
    Vote for the Sims Complete Collection on GOG.com and show EA we want it! Vote here.
    in7xjb5WX7PIyv2bAPK9om-UpQ6lu50OmTOOMedFkabQlJ6WAblttI-YkjpbwbaMsZYP99rvrxYZYvusuoiZY9kgoOukGZu8miL-x4i5Vjt_4VS982WP32Goc22ldJNMZMCL6b2pKA=w2400
  • Options
    blueasbutterflyblueasbutterfly Posts: 3,425 Member
    I would love that. It's currently available on Amazon for over a hundred dollars. I'd love to check it out again, but not at that price.

@Frogprincess_q I got my copy for $40 including shipping, it just took awhile to find it. Remember they're not linked to Origin accounts so you can buy used! I just waited until I found a used copy that had no scratched discs and included the original booklet with CD key (per the description on Amazon).

I would love it if they sold it through Origin updated for new OS's though! Pleeeeeease do this, EA! I'd buy a new copy!!
    toddlersig3_zps62792e0c.jpg
  • Options
    xBob18xBob18 Posts: 7,893 Member

@Frogprincess_q I got my copy for $40 including shipping, it just took awhile to find it. Remember they're not linked to Origin accounts so you can buy used! I just waited until I found a used copy that had no scratched discs and included the original booklet with CD key (per the description on Amazon).

I would love it if they sold it through Origin updated for new OS's though! Pleeeeeease do this, EA! I'd buy a new copy!!
    I found TS1 at a local game store. I bought the last copy for $15.
    oh3cjs.jpg
  • Options
    I live in small town Australia, so finding a physical copy is a bit tricky. I believe they're out there, but finding one that is in good condition, etc. seems a bit overwhelming right now.

- Froggie
    1nr15n0.jpg
    WIP: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/851667/australian-world-version-1-0-uploaded/p1
  • Options
    AstroAstro Posts: 6,651 Member
    I have the complete collection but don't play it that often, idk why though.
  • Options
    JessicaSimstonJessicaSimston Posts: 2,519 Member
    It would be amazing!
  • Options
    blueasbutterflyblueasbutterfly Posts: 3,425 Member
    I live in small town Australia, so finding a physical copy is a bit tricky. I believe they're out there, but finding one that is in good condition, etc. seems a bit overwhelming right now.

Yeah, and they have compatibility problems too with some OSs and builds, it's an old game, it deserves to be updated and shown the light of day again <3 come on EA, dust it off and sell it to us all over again xD
    toddlersig3_zps62792e0c.jpg
  • Options

Yeah, and they have compatibility problems too with some OSs and builds, it's an old game, it deserves to be updated and shown the light of day again <3 come on EA, dust it off and sell it to us all over again xD

We know you like making money EA... For the amount of work it would take you could earn some pocket money, surely.

- Froggie
    1nr15n0.jpg
  • Options
    JULES1111JULES1111 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Yes I would love that. I lost my disks in one of my many moves :'(
  • Options
    Fairy_HappyFairy_Happy Posts: 8,903 Member
    edited May 2015
    Amazon has the complete Sims collection........for $113 PC version.

http://www.amazon.com/The-Sims-Complete-Collection-PC/dp/B000BAVN14

But to answer your question. Yes that would be awesome and mighty nice of EA. :)
  • Options
    Yeah, I am tempted by those Complete Collection offers on Amazon, but I'm hesitant about paying that much when it's no longer supported and I'm not even sure I would still enjoy it after so long. Of all things it's this vague memory of ladies jumping out of cakes that makes me wonder how much wicked humour was lost between the classic and sims 2.

- Froggie
    1nr15n0.jpg
  • Options
    AyumapAyumap Posts: 3,425 Member
    I've played all the Sims games except the Sims 1 so I'd love for them to do this. I'd buy it easily.
    2m60a6q.jpg
    *There's nothing wrong with loving the Sims 4, there's also nothing wrong with seeking improvements.
    A list of Mods I use.|My Sims 4 Mod and CC "Master" post. Helpful Links included.
  • Options
    windweaverwindweaver Posts: 7,375 Member
    Hi, I think that would be great. I have it and still play it, but for others who would like to give a go, it would be a good thing!
    My Origin Name is: Cynconzola8
  • Options
    GodlikeGodlike Posts: 305 Member
    Joseff wrote: »
    I'm talking about the original Sims with all 7 Expansion Packs, would you like to see this happen? I'm only thinking this since not long ago they released The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection on Origin, so why not do the same for The Sims 1?
    YESSS PLEASE!

PS: Yay a shiny Umbreon :)
    Lift me up - Let me go
  • Options
    ashleyrenee210ashleyrenee210 Posts: 187 Member
    I would love for EA to do this! The only expansions I had for TS1 were Hot Date and Vacation so it would be awesome to be able to explore the rest. I will admit though that game was extremely hard! My sims were never ever in a good mood. It was rare to see them in a good mood. My kids would always get sent to military school too haha
    Twitter: ashleyrenee210
    Tumblr: panicitsashleyatthedisco
    Origin: ashleyrenee210
    PSN: ashleyrenee210
  • Options
    gmomasuegmomasue Posts: 648 Member
    I would love that
  • Options
    GodlikeGodlike Posts: 305 Member
    I would love for EA to do this! The only expansions I had for TS1 were Hot Date and Vacation so it would be awesome to be able to explore the rest. I will admit though that game was extremely hard! My sims were never ever in a good mood. It was rare to see them in a good mood. My kids would always get sent to military school too haha

Superstar was the hardest EP for me but was so glad and proud of myself when my self-Sim was finally a superstar at long last!

But yesss please EA, it'd be awesome to relive all these memories more easily.
    Lift me up - Let me go
  • Options
    Seera1024Seera1024 Posts: 3,629 Member

The difficulty was part of the fun. EA seems to have forgotten that in later versions. The game seems to just get easier over time.

EP's for Sims 1 didn't really make things all that much easier. EP's for Sims 2 and 3 made things a lot easier.
  • Options
    KennydkKennydk Posts: 31 Member
    I would LOVE this to happen! I had all the eps as a kid apart from Livin' Large (Livin' it up) as my mum thought the Vibrating Bed was too rude and inappropriate! (I think I was 9 when it was released!)

Sadly I doubt this would happen and I'd be even more shocked if it was free. But we can hope! Knowing my luck I'd shell out £100 for it on Amazon only for it to be released a week later for free on Origin!
  • Options
    Seera1024Seera1024 Posts: 3,629 Member
    Kennydk wrote: »
    I would LOVE this to happen! I had all the eps as a kid apart from Livin' Large (Livin' it up) as my mum thought the Vibrating Bed was too rude and inappropriate! (I think I was 9 when it was released!)

Sadly I doubt this would happen and I'd be even more shocked if it was free. But we can hope! Knowing my luck I'd shell out £100 for it on Amazon only for it to be released a week later for free on Origin!

You were allowed to get Hot Date and not Livin' Large?!