Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Only 10 Mannequins Per Lot

Every time I try to do something, I'm discovering that this game is more and more limiting. I am creating a department store and was trying to place 3 clusters of each age mannequin and made that discovery. Oy!

Comments

• KayxxFanpireKayxxFanpire Posts: 500 Member
    The reason behind this is the game considers the mannequins as Sims,just without the interactions and needs intact. This is so you can customize them in CAS just like a normal Sim. I remember a SimGuru posting about it awhile ago. I believe having more than 10 could cause lag or other issues but I'm not 100% on that.
    03.22.2013 <3
  • jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
    Mstybl95 wrote: »
    Every time I try to do something, I'm discovering that this game is more and more limiting. I am creating a department store and was trying to place 3 clusters of each age mannequin and made that discovery. Oy!

Because Developers made sure Mannequins were worthwhile, and made them basically frozen Sims. Which is why you can edit them in CAS.
    The only reason why there are limits is because your computer would crash if you placed down like 30 frozen Sims xD
  • IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    edited April 2015
    Workaround:
    You can probably remove the extra walls, as needed.

Edit: A warning for anyone bypassing the limit. It could essentially reduce the number of visiting sims to zero if you place too many, as they do count towards the sim limit:
    Post edited by IceyJ on
  • AflutterAflutter Posts: 139 Member
    I just found out about the 10 mannequin limit today, too. It's nice to know there's a workaround, but it also looks like kind of a pain to do. :(
  • Mstybl95Mstybl95 Posts: 5,883 Member

IceyJ wrote: »
    Workaround:
    You can probably remove the extra walls, as needed.

Edit: A warning for anyone bypassing the limit:

Thank you!
    Aflutter wrote: »
    I just found out about the 10 mannequin limit today, too. It's nice to know there's a workaround, but it also looks like kind of a pain to do. :(

It is going to be a pain in the rear. I already built the lot so adding rooms to it is really going to mess it up.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top