Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Things you didn't know!

Comments

• netney52netney52 Posts: 1,214 Member
    Only recently I discovered mermaids can rehydrate just by standing in the rain
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    Did you know - the wallpapers on laptops and computers are screenshots of Sims 3 worlds

Sunlit Tides:
    04-22-21-1-49-19-PM.png
    EUKblh2VAAI9K0-.jpg

Al Simhara:
    04-22-21-1-46-36-PM.png
    250?cb=20120812142439
  • GirlFromIpanemaGirlFromIpanema Posts: 843 Member
    So many interesting things, making me realise that I don't know as much about my favourite game as I thought!

I don't know if this has been posted before, I did a quick search and didn't see anything. If it has I apologise:

Although Sims can't technically play their instruments together, two sims playing their instruments in close proximity can increase their relationship. I haven't tested it properly, but when my sim jams on his guitar beside his wife who is playing a song on the violin, their friendship levels raise. (This could be a fluke or I may be talking crazy.).
    I'd share an image but unfortunately I'm too new.
  • NushnushganayNushnushganay Posts: 9,418 Member
    So many interesting things, making me realise that I don't know as much about my favourite game as I thought!

I don't know if this has been posted before, I did a quick search and didn't see anything. If it has I apologise:

Although Sims can't technically play their instruments together, two sims playing their instruments in close proximity can increase their relationship. I haven't tested it properly, but when my sim jams on his guitar beside his wife who is playing a song on the violin, their friendship levels raise. (This could be a fluke or I may be talking crazy.).
    I'd share an image but unfortunately I'm too new.

good to know! I didn't know they had already had the ability for Sims to actually play different instruments, together (and play the same song!) as a jam session or as a band, in Sims3, and when I started playing it, that plus so many other things that "aren't possible" in Sims4 started to really make me go hmmm. (-_-)
    But at least there is relationship gain, that's something.
    Racism is EVERYONE's fight #BLM #StopAsianHate
    Let's make Liberty and Justice For All a reality.

xicwqMCm.jpg
  • sofiathesimheadsofiathesimhead Posts: 12 New Member
    [quote="take0nme;d-829244"]I did not know sims could scoot into a double sized bed if its against the wall.

I also didn't know unemployed sims labeled themselves "stay-at-home mom" if they have a kid and you ask about their career! That's soo cute. :)

What's some other little things you just found out?[/quote]

I didn’t know either of these things, but it’s definitely because I’ve had TS4 for less than 3 months :). I think the “stay-at-home mom” thing is super cute too!
  • Tequila_Rose_13191Tequila_Rose_13191 Posts: 143 Member
    Cowplants randomly dance if a radio is placed near them.

What!!!! That's amazing :heart_eyes:

It's true. They sway & bob back and forth to the music. Too cute!
    take0nme wrote: »
    I did not know sims could scoot into a double sized bed if its against the wall.

I also didn't know unemployed sims labeled themselves "stay-at-home mom" if they have a kid and you ask about their career! That's soo cute. :)

What's some other little things you just found out?

I didn’t know either of these things, but it’s definitely because I’ve had TS4 for less than 3 months :). I think the “stay-at-home mom” thing is super cute too!

It also applies to Dads staying home with their kids. :)

xicwqMCm.jpg
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,830 Member
    take0nme wrote: »
    I did not know sims could scoot into a double sized bed if its against the wall.

What's some other little things you just found out?

Too cute. 😊 I'll have to test that out today as my sim mom is currently between careers..
  • EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,935 Member
    That's interesting.

If a repo person comes due to unpaid bills and doesn't find anything to repossess, you still have that bill unpaid.

So no longer does "Quick! Put all the stuff in inventory!" method save you from bills. It is now a temporary solution to unpaid bills.
  • calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    Two things I noticed from today's gaming session...
    1. Throwing a party at another sim's house prevented my sim from cooking throughout. Guests even targeted the cake my sim brought.
    2. I sent my sim to a shop owned by another of my sims. My sim was allowed to purchase every item for free.
  • mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,848 Member
    I did not know a bar could have a "Ghost Night".
    ghostnight.png

As advertised.
    ghostnight1.png

A gathering where ghosts drink liquid has predictable results
    ghostnight2.png

And I did not know that people could stretch like this! What is this action? Much cooler than the regular "stretch" action for sure. She's on the soccer team if that helps...
    stretch.png

• HandelHandel Posts: 395 Member
    Looks like a yoga pose. Have you got Spa Day pack?
    Townie/NPC lore nerd!
    edited April 2021
    @Handel nope, no spa day pack.

• Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,421 Member
    ghostnight.png

As advertised.
    ghostnight1.png

ghostnight2.png

And I did not know that people could stretch like this! What is this action? Much cooler than the regular "stretch" action for sure. She's on the soccer team if that helps...
    stretch.png

If you have the corresponding packs you can also get other themed nights at bars: alien nights (get to work), bear nights (outdoor retreat) and knight nights (get together)
    Atreya33 wrote: »
    ghostnight.png

As advertised.
    ghostnight1.png

ghostnight2.png

stretch.png

If you have the corresponding packs you can also get other themed nights at bars: alien nights (get to work), bear nights (outdoor retreat) and knight nights (get together)

How do I have outdoor retreat and never knew about Bear Nights?! LOL I gotta go attend one of those!

xicwqMCm.jpg
  • Hearts4uHearts4u Posts: 1,775 Member

I really do like the improvements they made to the traits. One of Bella's three traits is sadness, so I've being enjoying her varied emotions. The girl can cry at random times amongst several other things and it is just great.
    Sadness.jpg
    Origin ID: littlebonnieblue
  • nativehyunnativehyun Posts: 10 New Member
    Wow, I learned so many things in this thread. Love it!
  • EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,935 Member
    stretch.png

Question. Do you have Eco Lifestyle? It could be caused by Rock Your Body (and Mind) N.A.P.
  • magic_cat_treemagic_cat_tree Posts: 292 Member
    HQrNpOH.png

So I was watching a lilsimsie video the other day and saw her clicking this button next to the top kitchen counter that allowed her to change the kind of counter she could place. It blew my mind lol tbh I'm not much of a builder myself, but I have built a bunch of houses in the past (I've been playing the sims since day 1) and I never knew this! makes me feel quite silly, but then again - you never know things until you know them.. if that makes sense :D
    Drummer in Seize The Day
  • Mstybl95Mstybl95 Posts: 5,883 Member
    I had no idea that sims that can knit can teach their kids.

eqgXrQK.jpg

3DthReY.jpg
  • mingusssssmingusssss Posts: 131 Member
    edited April 2021
    I didn't know you were allowed to place a tent anywhere (I guess since it doesn't let you drag it out of your inventory I assumed you just couldn't place it). So my sims have been on some camping trips :)
    LgN4YnM.png
    lt7429w.png

Atreya33 wrote: »
    ghostnight.png

As advertised.
    ghostnight1.png

ghostnight2.png

stretch.png

How do I have outdoor retreat and never knew about Bear Nights?! LOL I gotta go attend one of those!

Bear night is certainly entertaining

01-07-21-11-48-09-PM.png
    01-07-21-11-50-43-PM.png
    Also a tip for anyone who wants to save money on packs - if you just like a certain item, CC creators will often upload items from packs onto tumblr to download in the form of "pack add-ons" that are actually base game compatible! Sometimes they'll be slightly changed but they're usually very similar

Here's a few you can download

Paranormal Stuff:
    https://aharris00britney.tumblr.com/post/641403763448545280/paranormal-add-ons
    Snowy Escape:
    https://aharris00britney.tumblr.com/post/634709283371663360/snowy-escape-add-ons
    Eco Lifestyle:
    https://aharris00britney.tumblr.com/post/620123767733141504/eco-lifestyle-add-ons
    Throwback Fit Kit:
    https://simcelebrity00.tumblr.com/post/649673475053830144/throwback-fitness-kit-add-ons-its-finally-here
    Country Kitchen Fridge & Stove:
    https://albumenplumbob.tumblr.com/post/645074115048439808/country-kitchen-kit-stove-and-refrigerator-base

Also if you play Sims 3 or 2 there are numerous tumblr creators who've converted entire Sims 4 furniture sets over if you look on the 4to3 or 4to2 tags :)
  • AaleynAaleyn Posts: 298 Member
    HQrNpOH.png

So I was watching a lilsimsie video the other day and saw her clicking this button next to the top kitchen counter that allowed her to change the kind of counter she could place. It blew my mind lol tbh I'm not much of a builder myself, but I have built a bunch of houses in the past (I've been playing the sims since day 1) and I never knew this! makes me feel quite silly, but then again - you never know things until you know them.. if that makes sense :D

When I started playing The Sims 4 (in August 2017) it took quite long time for me to figure out how to do that. I was checking some of the premade houses, and seeing those nice different kitchen top cabinets, and when I tried to make those in the house I was building, I was like "how???". When I finally figured that out, it was great! :blush:
    Sometimes it takes quite long before figuring out some features and methods, but it's always a great feeling when you finally get it :smiley:
    One thing that I just figured out recently, was how to properly use the photo taking features that comes with the Moschino pack, even though I have had the pack for quite long time. Earlier I always struggeled with it and couldn't get the best out of it because I didn't know how to use it in right way. But then one day I finally understood how it functions, and now I can finally enjoy it properly and take better pictures with that system (with the Moschino pack) :blush:
    For those things I could have watched some specific guide videos, and I actually did check some, but I rather wanted to discover those things myself and so I did, eventually :smiley:
    "Where words fail, music speaks" ~ Hans Christian Andersen ♥*♥*♥ My Gallery ID: Aaleyn
    @EgonVM ah hah! Thank you! They just voted in Rock Your Body. I didn't realize that came with new animations!

@Onverser @Atreya33 yes, bear night is fun! I first encountered that notification at the bar in Brindleton Bay and thought, oh, I am going to see at least one of the Heckings at this event... then I realized it was for bear *costumes*

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top