Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Things you didn't know!

Comments

• Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,303 Member
    Never realised before that you can grow trash plants if a rubbish pile in the garden is never cleaned up (I'm assuming that's how the one behind my sim's bin sprouted) :-)

Take a screenshot! I've gotta see this!
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• LithilienLithilien Posts: 92 Member
    When a neat sim and a slob sim are in a relationship, they can have an argument about cleanliness :smile:
  • NylaliaNylalia Posts: 64 Member
    I have a pair of sim twins. When the electric piano broke, I noticed they both went to the piano and repaired it together, standing side-by-side.
  • aprilroseaprilrose Posts: 1,832 Member
    I (unfortunately) found out that if you place photos your sims have taken in the chest from DU, it erases the photos so it's just black and there's no more image. Luckily they weren't my favorite photos because I was storing them and not using them to decorate my house but it plum that I lost so many wedding and graduation pics.

For future use: Put photos on a wall and save them to your library as a backup
    Simming for 19 years!
    Family Tree
    Playing Mod & CC Free

• WaytoomanyUIDsWaytoomanyUIDs Posts: 844 Member
    Two things I discovered yesterday. Teens can help each other (and presumably children) with projects. The Winterfest tree can catch fire when you illuminate it.
    Origin/Gallery ID: WaytoomanyUIDs
  • LehmanLegacyLehmanLegacy Posts: 176 Member
    I didn't realise but you can beat up the Flower Bunny to get eggs. :|
    Not that I ever let this interaction happen, but it appeared in the options during a holiday I have in my save for one of the teens.
    edited January 2020
    I just found out when taking photos with the camera, if you chose "take photo of {sim name}" instead of just the free camera, then that photo will pick up their current mood and have an aura you can enable like paintings and other objects with an aura. For example, if the sim is very flirty, the photo will emit a very flirty aura up to +6 if you enable it.
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• AlexcielAlexciel Posts: 126 Member
    Two things I discovered yesterday. Teens can help each other (and presumably children) with projects. The Winterfest tree can catch fire when you illuminate it.

Yes! all the family can help. The work goes faster and everyone helping gain skill + responsability.
    Never realised before that you can grow trash plants if a rubbish pile in the garden is never cleaned up (I'm assuming that's how the one behind my sim's bin sprouted) :-)

I have the unconfirmed idea that fishing with trash fruit helps finding more objects while fishing.
  • WhatCobblersWhatCobblers Posts: 2,748 Member
    edited January 2020
    Admiral8Q wrote: »

Here you go. :)

j1qB6n2.png
    ztz4qye.png

The fruits seem to make good fertiliser too.
    edited January 2020
    @WhatCobblers
    A trash plant! That's hilarious!!!
    tenor.gif

Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• BandakBandak Posts: 62 Member
    Admiral8Q wrote: »

Here you go. :)

j1qB6n2.png
    ztz4qye.png

The fruits seem to make good fertiliser too.

In my game, trash plants are very common and a real nuisance. One thing is on the household lot, at least there I can remove them in build mode. In the nearby area, however, that is not possible. My legacy family live in Hound's Head in Brindleton Bay, and the nice seaside area beside the lot is full of trash plants! 😫
    edited January 2020
    I didn't realize that bills are paid not only on the house and items in the house, but also on items in the household inventory and each Sim's inventory.

-
    @Bandak I wonder if there is a cheat where you can get rid of those trash plants off the household property? This is what cheats are good for. Fixing really annoying problems in the game.
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• GageaGagea Posts: 1,274 Member
    Bandak wrote: »
    In my game, trash plants are very common and a real nuisance. One thing is on the household lot, at least there I can remove them in build mode. In the nearby area, however, that is not possible. My legacy family live in Hound's Head in Brindleton Bay, and the nice seaside area beside the lot is full of trash plants! 😫

You don't need a cheat, just let your sim take more than three cuttings and you'll be rid of the plant.
  • AnnoyingTigerAnnoyingTiger Posts: 509 Member
    I didn't realise but you can beat up the Flower Bunny to get eggs. :|
    Not that I ever let this interaction happen, but it appeared in the options during a holiday I have in my save for one of the teens.

Imagine the therapy you'd need as a child seeing your parent beat up the flower bunny for its egg xDD
    ฅ^•ﻌ•^ฅ Life's Greatest Adventure, The Morgan Legacy ฅ^•ﻌ•^ฅ
    ntlW6ly.png
  • BandakBandak Posts: 62 Member
    Gagea wrote: »
    You don't need a cheat, just let your sim take more than three cuttings and you'll be rid of the plant.

That I did not know. Thanks, @Gagea! No more trash plants ruining my sims' seaside walks!
  • jheyjuneicejheyjuneice Posts: 335 Member
    I didn't know sims could be annoyed by the wind. One of my sims absolutely hates the sound of it and gets angry every time.
    6Y6GB8R.png
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member

Yep, up to 5 Sims of any age can work on a project at a time. And it works both ways, Children can help teens with their projects too.
  • Frn0731Frn0731 Posts: 7,180 Member
    When you play the keyboard piano dogs will be barking in the background.
    Laugh out loud. Often
  • MistyLakeMistyLake Posts: 1,700 Member
    I didn't know dogs carry their food bowls around...has never happened in my game, but i saw Scooby carry his bowl in James Turner's Wags To Riches episode just now.
    "By Grabthar's Hammer! Let There Be Sims!"
    The garden Gnomes. The offering is determined for the type of Gnome. So you can take notes of which offering each gnome likes. If you pay attention it has to do with the type of gnome, like, the rabit gnome likes Garden Salad. The relationship with the gnome improves per event.

If you don't like offering you can fight them, just keep destroying them you will win in the end. Is funny, scary, and liberating.
    Alexciel wrote: »
    The garden Gnomes. The offering is determined for the type of Gnome. So you can take notes of which offering each gnome likes. If you pay attention it has to do with the type of gnome, like, the rabit gnome likes Garden Salad. The relationship with the gnome improves per event.

If you don't like offering you can fight them, just keep destroying them you will win in the end. Is funny, scary, and liberating.

I've never seen an option to interact with gnomes in my game. Does this only happen in a specific pack?

I've never seen an option to interact with gnomes in my game. Does this only happen in a specific pack?

Its from the seasons pack
  • Simtown15Simtown15 Posts: 3,952 Member

And there as to be a holiday with the gnomes tradition occurring.

Ah okay. That'll be why then. Thank you. :-)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top