Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Playing as a Witch with Base Game: Traits, Spells, and more!

Quick introduction, I have been racking my brain trying to think of viable ways to make "realistic" witches in the Sims 4 as it is now, with no actual witch life state. Finally I decided that it's the spells that make witches who they are, and we can mimic spells with cheats! I just put together some guidelines and recipes for spells that you can play with as a witch Sim :) If you have any suggestions feel free to comment below. Enjoy!

Playing as a Witch: Labeling a Sim as a Witch simply allows them to “cast spells” to achieve certain things. Witches can have jobs, and look and behave the same as any other Sim. A Witch's lifespan is the same as a regular Sim's, unless otherwise influenced by spells.

Mana: Mana is the Witch's power source, fueled by himself/herself. It is depleted when spells are cast, and resets at midnight (12:00 a.m.) every Sim day. Mana is determined by age. Child Witches have 5 mana, Teen Witches have 10 mana, Young Adult Witches have 15 mana, Adult Witches have 20 mana, and Elder Witches have 15 mana. (Unless otherwise influenced by traits)

Witch Traits: Not all Witches must be born with a “Witch trait”, but those who do will have certain effects, depending on their trait.
Good: All Light spells (>) cost half mana. If mana cost is odd, subtract the smaller half. (Ex: 7 mana normally is translated to 4 mana.)
Evil: All Dark spells (<) cost half mana. If mana cost is odd, subtract the smaller half. (Ex: 7 mana normally is translated to 4 mana.)
Genius: Your Sim has an extra 5 mana at all ages.

Witches and Babies: When having a baby with one Witch parent, the chances of the baby being a Witch is 50%. When having a baby with two Witch parents, the baby will be a Witch. I don't want to get into half Witches, etc. Flipping a coin is easy :)

Spells: Ingredients in spells should be sold upon casting the spell.
Mundus Obiectum (>)
-Cleans an object.
-Mana Cost: 1
-Ingredients: 1 plant of any kind
-Directions: Type into cheat bar: “testingcheats on”. Shift+click dirty object and choose “Make clean”.

Sordidum Obiectum (<)
-Dirties an object.
-Directions: Type into cheat bar: “testingcheats on”. Shift+click clean object and choose “Make dirty”.

Magivestigium (-)
-Teleports your Sim.
-Directions: Type into cheat bar: “testingcheats on”. Shift+click destination and choose “Teleport here”.

Unum Excieo (<)
-Adds $1,000 to your household funds
-Mana Cost: 3
-Ingredients: 3 Fish, 5 Daisies, and 5 Strawberries
-Directions: Type into cheat bar: “kaching” or “rosebud”.

Opus Unum (-)
-Gives your Sim a potion to solve a motive.
-Mana Cost: 4
-Ingredients: 2 Frogs, 4 Plants of any kind
-Directions: Type into cheat bar: “sims.give_satisfaction_points (100 for fun/hygeine, 400 for sleep)” and in the aspiration rewards panel, select Instant Fun, Instant Hygiene, or Sleep Replacement.

Adfectus Unum (-)
-Gives your Sim a potion to induce an emotion.
-Mana Cost: 4
-Ingredients: 2 Frogs, 2 Fish, 2 Plants of any kind
-Directions: Type into cheat bar: “sims.give_satisfaction_points 200” and in the aspiration rewards panel, select a potion that induces an emotion.

Corpus Mutatio (<)
-Change the appearance of another Sim.
-Mana Cost: 5
-Ingredients: 4 Frogs, 3 Fish, 5 Mushrooms
-Directions: Type into cheat bar: “testingcheats on”. Shift+click the Sim you want to edit and choose “Edit in CAS”.

Excieo Cognitio (-)
-Add 2 skill levels in any skill
-Mana Cost: 5
-Ingredients: 3 Crystals, 1 book of any genre
-Directions: Type into cheat bar: “stats.set_skill_level (see skill list) (Your current level + 2)”

Creo Amicus (>)
-Spawns a friend for your Sim
-Mana Cost: 6
-Ingredients: 5 Snapdragons, 5 Lilies, 5 Roses
-Directions: Select the Sim you want to spawn a friend for. Type into cheat bar: “relationships.create_friends_for_sim”. This will spawn a random Sim on your lot that is friends with your Sim.

Recludam (-)
-Unlocks one item in build mode that was previously locked.
-Ingredients: 2 Crystals, 2 Fossils, 2 Flowers
-Directions: In build/buy mode, type into the cheat bar: “bb.ignoregameplayunlocksentitlement”. Choose one object to unlock and buy. This object will now be unlocked permanently for the household.

Promovere Unum (-)
-Promotes your Sim by 1 level in their career/school.
-Ingredients: 3 Apples, 3 Cherries, 1 Book of any genre
-Directions: Type into cheat bar: “careers.promote (career name or gradeschool/highschool)”

Opus Habitus (-)
-Locks your Sim's motives for 12 Sim hours.
-Mana Cost: 7
-Ingredients: 4 Frogs, 4 Fish, 4 Sage
-Directions: Type into cheat bar: “testingcheats on”. Shift+click your Sim and choose “Cheat need...” then “Disable need decay”. After 12 hours, shift+click your Sim and choose “Cheat need...” then “Enable need decay”.

Opus Maximus (-)
-Fills all motives and provides a happy moodlet.
-Mana Cost: 7
-Ingredients: 5 Roses, 10 Strawberries, 5 Dragonfruit
-Directions: Type into cheat bar: “testingcheats on”. Shift+ click your Sim and choose “Cheat need...” then “Make happy”.

Pulchritudo (>)
-Allows you to fully edit your Sim in CAS once.
-Mana Cost: 8
-Ingredients: 10 Roses, 10 Frogs, 1 Sim's soul*
-Directions: Type into cheat bar: “testingcheats on” and “cas.fulleditmode”. Shift+click your Sim and choose “Edit in CAS”. Using this spell once does not unlock full edit mode permanently.

Excieo Dimidium (<)
-Adds $50,000 to your household funds.
-Mana Cost: 8
-Ingredients: 10 Crystals, 10 Fossils, 5 Frogs, 5 Fish, 1 Sim's soul*
-Directions: Type into cheat bar: “motherlode”

Adulescentia (-)
-Gives your Sim a Potion of Youth
-Mana Cost: 9
-Ingredients: 1 Cowplant Berry, 5 Dragonfruit, 10 Frogs, 1 Sim's soul*
-Directions: Type into cheat bar: “sims.give_satisfaction_points 1500”. In the Aspiration Rewards panel, choose the Potion of Youth.

Magus Mutatio (-)
-Makes target Sim a Witch.
-Mana Cost: 10
-Ingredients: 1 Potion of Youth, 1 Cowplant Berry, 1 Death Flower, 1 Sim's soul*
-Directions: Nothing. The target Sim will now be labeled as a Witch for that save file. You might write down the new Witch Sim's name to keep track of Witches in your save file.

Note: Some spell names are taken from the Sims 2, but most are Latin words.
* A Sim's soul is acquired by having an urn or tombstone on the lot that has a Ghost Sim attached to it--Not sent to the netherworld. When "using" a Sim's soul, send it to the netherworld.
Playing the History Challenge? Make sure you have the up-to-date rules here!

Comments

• WolfEyesWolfEyes Posts: 2,192 Member
    edited April 2015
    Sorry, I would much rather play The Sims than an RPG. Most of what you listed fits with an RPG game, not a life sim/sandbox type game.
    Sims 4 Simple Elegance

152511.gif

This is the truth.
    Mitakuye oyasin.
    To all my relations, keep dancing.
    Believe or you will not see.
  • SnowieSnowie Posts: 441 Member
    WolfEyes wrote: »
    Sorry, I would much rather play The Sims than an RPG. Most of what you listed fits with an RPG game, not a life sim/sandbox type game.

I was actually basing it largely off of the Witches system in the Sims 2, where you acquire ingredients to cast spells. The mana idea came from the Sims 3 Supernatural, where you had a magic bar that depleted over time as you used spells.
  • WolfEyesWolfEyes Posts: 2,192 Member
    ewright9 wrote: »

I was actually basing it largely off of the Witches system in the Sims 2, where you acquire ingredients to cast spells. The mana idea came from the Sims 3 Supernatural, where you had a magic bar that depleted over time as you used spells.

I've played several RPG games that have all of the elements of pretty much everything you listed. That's why I said it fits more in an RPG. Witches must have come in the one EP I didn't get, Apartment Life. I never got to play TS3 at all.

I'm not knocking your idea. It's just my opinion it fits in an RPG. If the devs could work it so that it's not a career and so goal oriented I wouldn't mind having an EP like that. It would need more than witches and warlocks though. Perhaps work it into a Supernatural type EP.
    Sims 4 Simple Elegance

152511.gif

This is the truth.
    Mitakuye oyasin.
    To all my relations, keep dancing.
    Believe or you will not see.

I've played several RPG games that have all of the elements of pretty much everything you listed. That's why I said it fits more in an RPG. Witches must have come in the one EP I didn't get, Apartment Life. I never got to play TS3 at all.

I'm not knocking your idea. It's just my opinion it fits in an RPG. If the devs could work it so that it's not a career and so goal oriented I wouldn't mind having an EP like that. It would need more than witches and warlocks though. Perhaps work it into a Supernatural type EP.

Yeah, Witches did come with Apartment Life in the Sims 2, and everything required some sort of magical reagent to do. I much preferred the way it worked in the Sims 3, where Witchcraft was just a skill and you unlocked more spells and magical interactions with each level. In the Sims 3 the Supernatural expansion included Witches, Vampires, Werewolves, and Fairies, as well as an Alchemy skill. I'm hoping as well that they come out with a Supernatural EP for the Sims 4 that is similar to that (but the vampires hopefully won't sparkle). I'm sure one will come around one of the Halloweens to come in the Sims 4 future :)
  • sunshineandsimoleonssunshineandsimoleons Posts: 8,413 Member
    Very creative post! I like the idea. :)
    WLfAA9V.png
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    edited April 2015
    Just having the Sims 2 good and bad witches would be nice. I didn't like them in the Sims 3. Having a mana limit would be too restricting. It would be fun if they could cast spells whenever they want. The Sims 3 fairies had a mana type limit and I did not like it at all.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
    @Scobre You can play it however you want :) I LOVED the witches in the Sims 2, and I thought that the spells, etc in the Sims 3 were taking a step in the right direction. This is a list of spells and such that I was planning to use for myself, and I figured I might as well type it up in case anyone else wants to use it :) For me the mana is for keeping a limit on how much you can do, but the ingredients are meant to do that as well so if you want to play without mana restrictions go right ahead, whatever is most fun for you :)
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    edited April 2015
    @Scobre You can play it however you want :) I LOVED the witches in the Sims 2, and I thought that the spells, etc in the Sims 3 were taking a step in the right direction. This is a list of spells and such that I was planning to use for myself, and I figured I might as well type it up in case anyone else wants to use it :) For me the mana is for keeping a limit on how much you can do, but the ingredients are meant to do that as well so if you want to play without mana restrictions go right ahead, whatever is most fun for you :)
    Yeah I don't want to have that limit. I deal with enough limits in the game as it is. Oh it would be fun for witches to cast spells on gnomes like the Sims 1.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6_pBtpYZzZ0
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • GaiaPumaGaiaPuma Posts: 2,278 Member
    I enjoyed sims 1 making magic and witches in sims 2. So is a great idea :)
  • bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,374 Member
    To the OP, I like your idea as my most favorite ep in Sims 3 was Supernatural, I loved my witches and vampires. <3 Like others said, it reminds me of RPG and while I do enjoy RPG games not so much in my sims games.

But I do applaud your imagination! :)
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • EsnesNommocEsnesNommoc Posts: 1,243 Member
    I adore your ideas! :D I don't think it's that different from the Herbalism skill anyway (besides the Mana bar). :) Would love this to be incorporated into a Supernatural EP. :)
  • LorenzoUzuLorenzoUzu Posts: 52 Member
    Although I loved Makin' Magic, I don't think it represents spells well. You sim should be able to learn spells just by leveling up, and not by gathering ingredients. Ingredients could simply be used for elixirs instead. And Alignments from Apartment Life are unrealistic also, what if I want to make a witch from AHS: Coven? They kill and curse people, but they are also good and will do anything to protect their coven. All witches should be able to use any spell, the only limitation being their level.
  • rosetheistrosetheist Posts: 73 Member
    This is actually pretty cool, but it has some flaws. (:
  • pax1swpax1sw Posts: 654 Member

Very inventive concept. :)

Supernatural is my favorite TS3 EP. It would be fantastic to have a bit of that in TS4, the elixirs are fantastic. Fairies are fun, but witches are my favorite, their spells are so useful. Magic doesn't detract from the open-world concept at all, at least for me. In fact, it frees me up to explore even more of the huge TS3 world as a result. There's so much to do in TS3 I think it may be impossible to do it all, even WITH magic. LOL
  • pax1swpax1sw Posts: 654 Member
    Scobre wrote: »
    Just having the Sims 2 good and bad witches would be nice. I didn't like them in the Sims 3. Having a mana limit would be too restricting. It would be fun if they could cast spells whenever they want. The Sims 3 fairies had a mana type limit and I did not like it at all.

There's an elixir to restore mana, easy to make using Alchemy.
    @rosetheist What would be some suggestions for this list?

I would prefer to have witches with "spells" not incantations that are centered around ingredients as well, but I was simply trying to work with what we have now. I thought about incorporating the herbalism skill, but wanted this to be something anyone could play with, not something that required a game pack. In some cultures, Witches and Shamans were known to use ingredients in their rituals to use magic and that's what I decided to run with. As I said, I prefer the more modern Witches that do things with a wave of their hand, but until someone makes a mod or EA releases Witches, we just have to be imaginative :)
  • EvalenEvalen Posts: 10,223 Member
    I do not play with witches, but I give you credit to your creativity in finding a way to be able to have some fun with witches.
    also it took you a long time to come up with this, even though some do not like it, there will be others who will.
    thank you for your work that you have done to share with others, Have a good time with it. Very interesting.