Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Interest on Investments?

Just out of the blue, my Sim received a notification that he had received $12,002 interest earned on investment this week. I'm totally stumped by this. Interest on what? Investment in what? Is there anyone who knows how I would find out?

This is a substantial amount of money for my Sim in one lump sum. No, he's not poor, but he is a work at home gardener, painter, author, fisherman, and collector. He lives with his fiancee, who is only on Level 2 Culinary, and recently came with no money at all added. He lives in a modest, small house with little and cheap furniture.

I control my Sims totally, every moment, so I know they didn't do something I don't know of, even though freewill is on. I do have GTW but have never used or looked at it yet, as I am waiting for the next patch because of the bugs that have been reported since the March 26th patch, some of which I have experienced.

I'm totally at a loss to figure out what this is. Is there a way I can find out?

Comments

• LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    This is because that sim had completed something, and it gave them an extra trait so to speak. I have seen this with a couple of different sims, in different game files. At the moment I can't remember what it was, but it has something to do with completing either a certain skill, or completing a certain I forget what it's called, but like when it comes to gardening once you complete the series of things, your sim will have the ability to be protected from fires, and the soul mate has the ability to comfort their partner....I hope this made sense. But I'm thinking the one your sim completed had something to do with the money one.
  • emmaningemmaning Posts: 3,407 Member
    I'll explain it. You have get to work! it's part of tht. Your sim must've owned a retail and invested some money into it. Then you get some money to your sim as a weekly payment.
    feKqkxf.jpg

My blog: ning's backlog
    Don't forget the forum rules are on the forum- go find 'em!
    emmaning wrote: »
    I'll explain it. You have get to work! it's part of tht. Your sim must've owned a retail and invested some money into it. Then you get some money to your sim as a weekly payment.

I've had this happen to my sims even before I got GTW, and my sim has never owned a retail as of yet.
  • Sketch793Sketch793 Posts: 1,218 Member
    It might be from the Shrewd reward trait, which is earned by completing the Fabulously Wealthy aspiration. "Shrewd Sims receive a direct deposit each week based on their Household Funds."
    Sketch793 wrote: »
    It might be from the Shrewd reward trait, which is earned by completing the Fabulously Wealthy aspiration. "Shrewd Sims receive a direct deposit each week based on their Household Funds."

That's it. As I mentioned I couldn't remember, but that was what my sims had accomplished to make that happen.
  • Jimboola11Jimboola11 Posts: 1,850 Member
    Thanx - I was wondering about this too. I recently 'reactivated' an old save for the new EP, got about $4k investment money and sat there baffled.
    LaBlue0314 wrote: »

That's it. As I mentioned I couldn't remember, but that was what my sims had accomplished to make that happen.

No, none of my sims have reward traits xd, shrewd is a reward trait. it isnt reward traits, rewards or shrewd. it is this:

Trust me that's it! it makes sense
    feKqkxf.jpg

• DyrewitchDyrewitch Posts: 465 Member
    One of my sims gets the payments , hers is like 330,000 a pop I have yet to play her since the patch come out tho becuz of the forced employment so she as never done retail.
  • luv2playluv2play Posts: 67 Member
    I get it for my sim that I used for the room challenge she completed the mansion baron aspiration & also the other fortune aspiration (can't recall the name right off hand) & I believe the interest comes from completing one of those aspirations, it gives you a discount on any items you purchase
    [img][/img]c9dbc58d-e591-4a16-aeba-ce93424ccded_zpsab9d1d8d.jpg

origin id: Luv2play24
    luv2play wrote: »
    I get it for my sim that I used for the room challenge she completed the mansion baron aspiration & also the other fortune aspiration (can't recall the name right off hand) & I believe the interest comes from completing one of those aspirations, it gives you a discount on any items you purchase

No mine never completed anything. Xd its from this:
    LaBlue0314 wrote: »

No, none of my sims have reward traits xd, shrewd is a reward trait. it isnt reward traits, rewards or shrewd. it is this:

Trust me that's it! it makes sense

feKqkxf.jpg

• Simberella777Simberella777 Posts: 480 Member
    I checked my Sim’s traits, and sure enough, he has the Shrewd trait for the Fabulously Wealthy Aspiration. I had totally missed that one as my Sim had money when he got it, so it zipped through it in no time. I had to turn right around and get him a different Aspiration.

I also checked Carl’s guide. It stated you get 5% of the household funds every week. I did the math, and that was exactly it! This is going to be great! Now I can’t wait to invest in retail!

As Jimboola11 said, it was really baffling, so it’s good to know! Thanks, everyone, for your answers!
  • OceanicSimmerOceanicSimmer Posts: 88 Member
    My notification said Julia has earned $702 this week from investments.

My sim family is Rachael, Michael, Ellie and Hannah. Who is Julia?????
  • kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    julia is another sim you've likely played elsewhen. if they're on the same lot as your played sim, you will still get the message about investments.

also, if you have multiple sims in one household with this trait, it gets beyond crazy. i had a six-sim family, all had it, and there was just no way to spend all the money they kept earning, even with throwing it into a restaurant and a retail store
  • PrincessMeow3349PrincessMeow3349 Posts: 86 Member
    I need to pay more attention to my Sims and what they do. I think I may be playing the game too simply and need to expand my Sim horizons.
  • MadAndyMadAndy Posts: 13 New Member
    > @Simberella777 said:
    > Just out of the blue, my Sim received a notification that he had received $12,002 interest earned on investment this week. I'm totally stumped by this. Interest on what? Investment in what? Is there anyone who knows how I would find out?
    >
    > This is a substantial amount of money for my Sim in one lump sum. No, he's not poor, but he is a work at home gardener, painter, author, fisherman, and collector. He lives with his fiancee, who is only on Level 2 Culinary, and recently came with no money at all added. He lives in a modest, small house with little and cheap furniture.
    >
    > I control my Sims totally, every moment, so I know they didn't do something I don't know of, even though freewill is on. I do have GTW but have never used or looked at it yet, as I am waiting for the next patch because of the bugs that have been reported since the March 26th patch, some of which I have experienced.
    >
    > I'm totally at a loss to figure out what this is. Is there a way I can find out?

I have the same but I earn around 42.000 from Intrest earned but my sims wife also gets the Intrest earned perk to so between them never needing sleep and writting books going to work and painting am earning almost 100k a week as they earn around 10k to 15k a day on books and around 4 to 8k a day on paintings
  • MadAndyMadAndy Posts: 13 New Member
    > @MadAndy said:
    > > @Simberella777 said:
    > > Just out of the blue, my Sim received a notification that he had received $12,002 interest earned on investment this week. I'm totally stumped by this. Interest on what? Investment in what? Is there anyone who knows how I would find out?
    > >
    > > This is a substantial amount of money for my Sim in one lump sum. No, he's not poor, but he is a work at home gardener, painter, author, fisherman, and collector. He lives with his fiancee, who is only on Level 2 Culinary, and recently came with no money at all added. He lives in a modest, small house with little and cheap furniture.
    > >
    > > I control my Sims totally, every moment, so I know they didn't do something I don't know of, even though freewill is on. I do have GTW but have never used or looked at it yet, as I am waiting for the next patch because of the bugs that have been reported since the March 26th patch, some of which I have experienced.
    > >
    > > I'm totally at a loss to figure out what this is. Is there a way I can find out?
    >
    > I have the same but I earn around 42.000 from Intrest earned but my sims wife also gets the Intrest earned perk to so between them never needing sleep and writting books going to work and painting am earning almost 100k a week as they earn around 10k to 15k a day on books and around 4 to 8k a day on paintings

You actualy get from the SHREWD ( Completing the Fabulously Wealthy Trait)
  • jessicalorelaijessicalorelai Posts: 11 New Member
    I just got one such payment and was like uh wait what? My friend told me about the Shrewd trait so I looked, and sure enough she has it... but... she's never had the fabulously wealthy aspiration. She DOES have the Frugal trait through the rewards store, but I've had lots of sims with that and never gotten this.

This is my 100 Baby Challenge game, so no one else ever lived on this lot and I'm not really actively playing other households (I have some "donors" in game but I don't play as them). So strange!
  • EA_RtasEA_Rtas Posts: 2,875 EA Community Manager
    Definitely sounds odd @jessicalorelai however this thread has been inactive for a long time so I'm going to close it off. If you have any questions about necroposting you can read this thread here : Necroposting
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top