Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

WCIF Prehistoric style objects

CloudseekerCloudseeker Posts: 353 Member
edited April 2015 in General Mods Discussion
Greetings!

I'm constructing a challenge for Sims 4, and am in need of time-appropriate alternatives for certain types of objects. In other words, objects that have the same functionality as their already existing counterparts, but with time-appropriate looks. I have scoured the more common websites, like MTS and TSR, but not the more obscure ones, as I do not know of many. So I was wondering if maybe some of you guys had happened to come across any of the items I'm looking for.

The objects I need are:
  • A prehistoric/tribal alternative for a bed (like a fur bedroll, or a stone slab with a fur cover, or similar)
  • A prehistoric/tribal alternative for a grill/stove (an open firepit/campfire, that does not require Outdoor Retreat)
  • A prehistoric/tribal alternative for an easel (perhaps an upright stone slab?)
  • An ancient egyptian/roman/greek/aztec/etc alternative for a bathtub - Laguna Tub
If you guys could help me find any of these, that would be absolutely amazing :)

Thank you in advance,
/Cloudseeker
34in38k.png
Post edited by Cloudseeker on

Comments

• jegoodejegoode Posts: 267 Member
    I have never done any type of challenge before and this looks like a great place to start! Bookmarking this thread :-P

Do you have a link to your site for more information about this challenge yet?

Thanks!
    Origin ID: MJSimKat_14
    YouTube Channel: https://youtube.com/user/MJSimKat
    "Just Exquisitely Goode"
  • CloudseekerCloudseeker Posts: 353 Member
    jegoode wrote: »
    I have never done any type of challenge before and this looks like a great place to start! Bookmarking this thread :-P

Do you have a link to your site for more information about this challenge yet?

Thanks!

I have not posted the challenge itself anywhere yet, as it is not completely finished (I still have to come up with goals for the player to complete, and then do some playtesting and make sure everything works together). But once I have done that, I am going to post it at least here on the forums.
    34in38k.png
  • jegoodejegoode Posts: 267 Member
    Awesome, I look forward to it :-)
    Origin ID: MJSimKat_14
    YouTube Channel: https://youtube.com/user/MJSimKat
    "Just Exquisitely Goode"
  • professorlilithprofessorlilith Posts: 392 Member
    Is it the function, or the look, or both you want? For my 17th century peasants I have them sleeping on aircush beds to simulate discomfort. For the functionality of a grill without the modern look, you want open firepit. For the look, a very large open hearth would look "right", and there are several of them. Severinka's on TSR has a couple--the one with the forest hut is I think the most period looking for Roman/Greek. No fireplaces for a tribal group, though.

Good luck with the easel, though. I'm going to follow the chain of answers to this because I'm curious myself.

Greetings!

I'm constructing a challenge for Sims 4, and am in need of time-appropriate alternatives for certain types of objects. I have scoured the more common websites, like MTS and TSR, but not the more obscure ones, as I do not know of many. So I was wondering if maybe some of you guys had happened to come across any of the items I'm looking for.

The objects I need are:
    • A prehistoric/tribal alternative for a bed
    • A prehistoric/tribal alternative for a grill/stove
    • A prehistoric/tribal alternative for an easel
    • An ancient egyptian/roman/greek/aztec/etc alternative for a bathtub - Laguna Tub
    If you guys could help me find any of these, that would be absolutely amazing :)

Thank you in advance,
    /Cloudseeker

@professorlilith Ah, yes. I am looking for the function of a bed/grill/easel, with the look of their prehistoric/tribal counterparts. So yes, an open firepit would be a perfect counterpart for a grill. The campfire from Outdoor Retreat would work, but I would like to be able to make this challenge basegame compatible. And indeed, finding an easel counterpart with a prehistoric style will be tough.

In worst case, I'll just have to make them myself, I guess.
    34in38k.png
    Are you looking at nomadic or settled prehistoric people?
    @professorlilith Ah, yes. I am looking for the function of a bed/grill/easel, with the look of their prehistoric/tribal counterparts. So yes, an open firepit would be a perfect counterpart for a grill. The campfire from Outdoor Retreat would work, but I would like to be able to make this challenge basegame compatible. And indeed, finding an easel counterpart with a prehistoric style will be tough.

In worst case, I'll just have to make them myself, I guess.

Doesn't matter. The important thing is that it fits the level of technology of the prehistoric times.
    34in38k.png
    It's just that what nomads do for art is going to be mostly stuff they wear and small items they can carry with them, but settled people make art that's intended to stand in one place for a long time--monuments, painting, large pieces of pottery and bronze, inscriptions on buildings, etc. So if you want settled people to look like they are doing art, the crafting table is probably ok. Nomads will need something else.

I'm probably being too much of a know it all here, though. You didn't ask for a history lesson; you asked for custom content.
    Doesn't matter. The important thing is that it fits the level of technology of the prehistoric times.

It's just that what nomads do for art is going to be mostly stuff they wear and small items they can carry with them, but settled people make art that's intended to stand in one place for a long time--monuments, painting, large pieces of pottery and bronze, inscriptions on buildings, etc. So if you want settled people to look like they are doing art, the crafting table is probably ok. Nomads will need something else.

I'm probably being too much of a know it all here, though. You didn't ask for a history lesson; you asked for custom content.
    Hahah, it's quite alright. I do enjoy a bit of history. Well, I guess that I did have more of a settled caveman type in mind. The main purpose of having an easel available for prehistoric Sims is so that they can paint family portraits, which is a part of one of the goals of the challenge I'm designing.
    34in38k.png
    @Cloudseeker LadyCadaver has just uploaded the "Nature calls wild grass toilet", which I predict will be all the rage for prehistoric sims.
    @Cloudseeker LadyCadaver has just uploaded the "Nature calls wild grass toilet", which I predict will be all the rage for prehistoric sims.
    Yes, I just noticed it myself. I have already added it to the list of recommended mods in my challenge :)
    34in38k.png