Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How to issue a citation

How do i issue a citation if no one is littering or fighting?

Comments

• jacruss29jacruss29 Posts: 37 New Member
    I just managed to issue a citation to someone who did not take a shower. :o
  • CristianoCristiano Posts: 138 Member
    The citation step on the second day of the detective career was annoying as hell. No one was littering or fighting. I finally provoked a fight to be able to cite someone.
  • MineAlwaysMineAlways Posts: 10 New Member
    It was super annoying for me everyone was angry around my sim and put him in an angry mood his fiance fight with him and he ended up having to give her a citation. lol That was 3 sim days ago they have not spoken since he might be back on the market! lol
  • creativebarbiecreativebarbie Posts: 57 Member
    I just keep clicking on everyone who enters the area and wait till the issue citation option appears. But it is very annoying waiting around for one.
  • LumiastaLumiasta Posts: 171 Member
    This was an unbelievably frustrating part. No one was littering or fighting, everyone was happy and going about their business. It was the second day of the detective career, so I guess it was a part of the tutorial, but I also couldn't leave and go to the police station to do something else. Instead I was stuck in the area the whole day with happy well-behaving sims.

At one point I invited to hangout on the lot a family member and another sim and had them get into a fight. My detective witnessed the fight, no citation options. Did it the second time with another sim as well, still no citation options. At least got the Mischief aspiration dislikes down, yey?

This needs some looking into, if not anything else, at least let us get back to the police station and actually work.
  • meubanksmeubanks Posts: 445 Member
    It's an extremely annoying and poorly designed mechanic. There is an amount of luck involved. I've had occasions where I can't even get bronze because the clock runs out before I finally get to issue a citation. You only have to do it once. After that you never have to go on patrol again, but this is one of the crappiest mechanics in this EP.
  • wylmite1986wylmite1986 Posts: 1,771 Member
    Ugh, I hated that part. I tried to be a good cop and stop the fights from happening, little did I know that you actually had to have a fight start in order to write a citation. It took forever, almost my Sims whole work shift in order to finally get one written down. But once you see a fight break out or something like that, then the citation thing pops up. Don't try to calm them down like I was. :)
    sims_zpswwzalnus.jpg
  • Sketch793Sketch793 Posts: 1,218 Member
    You don't have to issue a citation. Just go back to the station and you'll get new objectives.
  • ByondTime89ByondTime89 Posts: 1,505 Member
    I thought you were asking how to cite things for a paper! XD I was like Oooo!! I know this!! *clicks* Oh... well.... okay *leaves* :(
    Gallery & Origin ID: ByondTime89
  • Arox312Arox312 Posts: 93 Member
    > @Cristiano said:
    > The citation step on the second day of the detective career was annoying as hell. No one was littering or fighting. I finally provoked a fight to be able to cite someone.

Did the same thing! Lol
  • CementCement Posts: 3,505 Member
    First day patrolling and everyone was fighting. :grimace: Just gotta have sims constantly itching to fight I guess? Just kidding. I never had problems with patrolling, I love it. ...Though I love the detective career in general...

It's a little weird, but the interaction to give a citation only appears after they finish the interaction.
    For example, if they're fighting, you have to wait for them to finish punching each other and at the point where they're just casually talking to each other after the fight (with one dazed and the other confident) in order to go up to them and hand them a citation. It usually won't appear during or before. I assume the same for the litterbugs.

The ones you should keep your eyes on are the ones storming about the neighborhood. Tail one of them to see if they would cross with another angry sim. The two angry sims may start yelling at each other enough to escalate into a fight.

If they don't fight or litter around the place and are generally good (or too good,) find an angry sim, punch them yourself and give them a citation for fighting back. LOL. Or, you can always just click on your cop and get them back into the station. It doesn't count against you.
  • friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    it doesn't always work but i beat up a civilan then give them a citation for the fight.
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    I just started playing the detective career today for the first time. On day two I went on patrol.. and maybe I lucked out but there was a group in one of the picnic areas (there were two picnic areas.. where I was in newcrest) There were two fights like back to back I issued three citations one was for Bob Pancakes :). The best part of it was he also made me lunch.... I finished that day and got promoted to an officer.. Maybe they have tweaked it since the game came out or I just got lucky? It's not hard so far but it is funny.
    egTcBMc.png
  • wistfoolwistfool Posts: 74 Member
    Hahaha! My good sim just kept going around calming sims down so people weren't getting into fights, until this total rando walked in from behind and got into a fight with her. She was able to issue a citation after that.
  • RoggieBearRoggieBear Posts: 243 Member
    My sim spawned in an area where there were no people for the whole day basically -- and only one trashcan. One lady kicked it over, and before I was able to issue a citation she left. Of course, being the smallest area possible (spawned on a 20 x 15 lot), and having barely any people, no one was fighting. I decided to try to fight someone myself, and got the red dislike bar up halfway, and still wasn't able to fight her! Well, lucky for me, I didn't get a promotion, and got a full on 23 bucks from all that work! :/
    ef9eb77d415cabaae36ff6de0598edad--tms-entertainment-cat-cat.jpg

Inspired +1 - Who isn't inspired after seeing the cutest thing ever come out of the banana they were eating?

RoggieBear
  • EA_CianEA_Cian Posts: 1,359 EA Staff (retired)
    Please don't necropost in old threads. :)
    ~my hair color is frequently changing, so my Sim reflects that~

Have questions about necroposting? Check out our Necroposting thread.

Bugs/Issues should be posted on Answers HQ, learn more over on Update on The Sims 4 Help Center.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top