Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Question on portraits...

I haven't gone into painting much since the patch that released portraits, and I just started a Legacy challenge because I want to have pictures of all the family members. What I was wondering is if anyone knows how to paint self-portraits? I only just unlocked the ability to paint portraits with my founder, and I'm sure it's entirely possible that self portraits are a skill unlocked later in painting. Just wondering!

Also on a side note, if anyone was wondering, I believe level 3 painting skill unlocks the ability to paint portraits.
Playing the History Challenge? Make sure you have the up-to-date rules here!

Comments

• mapleholliemaplehollie Posts: 179 Member
    I'm pretty certain you can't do self-portraits, sadly.
  • SnowieSnowie Posts: 441 Member
    Ok thanks for letting me know :) maybe with GTW you can take a selfie then paint the selfie... lol
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Your sim has to be a level 4 the paint for reference comes up. With that you can paint any object,place or sim.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    ewright9 wrote: »
    Ok thanks for letting me know :) maybe with GTW you can take a selfie then paint the selfie... lol

Hmm I never thought of that. With the GTW EP we'll be able to hang those selfies then we can paint them I'm sure.

• SnowieSnowie Posts: 441 Member
    I noticed my paintings from reference are grainy, anyone else notice this? It doesn't seem to improve with skill either, my Sim at level 3 painting had just as grainy a painting as my level 7 painter. Also, if you cancel a paint from reference painting the money isn't refunded :( I've found it's easiest to paint from reference if you place the easel facing away from what you want to paint--As in your Sim's back would be to the subject when they paint.