Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Fishing: What's the Notebook? (And other patch changes to fishing.)

SincerboxSincerbox Posts: 2,279 Member
My sims have been fishing since the game was released and I have never seen this message. Did it come with the patch today?

The%20Notebook.jpg

My question. What is the Notebook and where do I find it?
Origin ID: Barbara917
Post edited by Sincerbox on

Comments

• stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    From the Patch Notes:
    We have added a Notebook, found in the phone menu, under a tiny button at the top of the menu (we tried to make the button even smaller, but some folks wanted you to find this new feature).
    Now as your Sim is gardening or fishing and they make discoveries (such as splicing recipes, or what bait caught what fish) these discoveries will be catalogued in your Notebook.

This will really come in handy I think, especially as more collectables get added.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • SincerboxSincerbox Posts: 2,279 Member
    Thank you.
  • RachelRosebudRachelRosebud Posts: 1,103 Member
    I wish Sims could "share notebooks" with friends to pass on finds so you don't have to relearn everything. I play rotational, so that's why mainly.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,862 Member
    A Handy Dandy Notebook! Love it!
  • JmaraaJmaraa Posts: 217 Member
    ive been searching for this 'notebook' all night! thank goodness for this
    Simming Since '00; Forum Member '13; SimLit Blogger '14; SimLit Critic '18

Current Story: https://simslegacy2020.wordpress.com My 2020 Legacy Story - A 10 Generation Legacy Challenge
    Sim Choice Awards 2018! || My Full Wordpress || Twitter: Jmaraasims
    Does anyone know what the numbers to the right mean?

Notebook.jpg
  • cheesetruckcheesetruck Posts: 2,518 Member
    Sincerbox wrote: »
    Does anyone know what the numbers to the right mean?

Notebook.jpg

first number = how many your sim has in their inventory
    Second number = how many required for bait
    Thank you.
  • SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    I also found the notebook on the computer.
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
    Great new changes to fishing I have noticed. That fishing spot near the library that never worked due to routing issues now works. But what is even better is the fish animations. I can now clearly observe the fish swimming in the waters. In particular, I was able to see the rare fish - angler fish, rainbow fish and wolf eel swimming in that spot. This is a great change because before if you were trying to complete a collection you had no way to figure out if a spot had the fish you were looking for.
    I am still having some issues with that fishing spot near the library. My sim can fish there but she freezes mid action and it doesn't complete. For example, she caught a fish, pocketed it but then froze before recasting. The clock is ticking away and she is just frozen mid action. She also did the same thing looking for frogs near that spot.
  • duhboy2u2duhboy2u2 Posts: 3,290 Member
    From the Patch Notes:
    We have added a Notebook, found in the phone menu, under a tiny button at the top of the menu (we tried to make the button even smaller, but some folks wanted you to find this new feature).
    Now as your Sim is gardening or fishing and they make discoveries (such as splicing recipes, or what bait caught what fish) these discoveries will be catalogued in your Notebook.

This will really come in handy I think, especially as more collectables get added.
    Thank you for posting this. I looked all over the place for that silly little notebook and finally gave up. I was going to look it up and then forgot about it the second I logged out of the game!

Loving yourself is the most simple and complicated thing you can do for you.
  • mikmakermikmaker Posts: 2,145 Member
    Thanks to share this. It's very useful :)
  • GaiaPumaGaiaPuma Posts: 2,278 Member
    Ah cool. I had no idea what I was doing with baits and plants XD lol
  • Mollypup9Mollypup9 Posts: 518 Member
    Thanks OP for asking and a 2nd thanks for those who explained.

This feature should be very helpful as several of my sims fish a lot and another is a collector due to loving nature.

I don't normally pay a lot of attention to the pop ups so I'd not even noticed this feature. :)