Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Ask Me Anything, the game

Comments

• CoffeecrumblecakeCoffeecrumblecake Posts: 6,549 Member
    Hmm I meant like if you wanted something done one way and it kind of fell apart so it seems like you can’t have it done that way after all~ what would you do?
  • NushnushganayNushnushganay Posts: 9,418 Member
    Interesting question! Usually I would just think of an alternate way to get the job done. Just thought of a real-life example: Like, I had some cords just barely too short to reach the power strip on the floor, so what I could do was mount the power strip on the wall. But I didn't have any screws with heads small enough to slot in the back of the power strip. So my solution was, use the drill to enlarge the holes in the plastic just enough so that the screws I have, would work.

With most things, there's more than one solution if you are willing to modify, bend, break, or substitute something and make it work.

Other things are internal obstacles, my own mind, and those are harder but require peace-making. Such as this huge heavy framed mirror we moved to another wall. It was a job. Once it was moved, I noticed it was ever-so-slightly not parallel with the ceiling. Not enough for most people to notice or be bothered by, but enough for me to be irritated with. However, it was perfectly on-bubble with the level, so it was literally the house that was crooked, not the mirror. Since the mirror was huge, heavy, very hard to move, I told myself to take a deep breath, realize the house was crooked but the mirror was perfect, and Let It Go.

Sometimes it's my POV that's the obstacle and that's the hardest one to deal with because I'm as stubborn as I am foolish.

What do you hope to be doing in five years?
    Racism is EVERYONE's fight #BLM #StopAsianHate
    Let's make Liberty and Justice For All a reality.

xicwqMCm.jpg
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,577 Member
    Probably the same thing as I am now. Hopefully will be a better leader at my work place, cuz I just got promoted to lead designer. Let's hope I keep that position. LOL.

What type of games do you like to play?
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    832XG3D.gif
  • WhatCobblersWhatCobblers Posts: 2,756 Member
    Hopefully have my business set up and printing/ publishing a book or two. I must admit I find it extremely difficult to set a definite plan that far ahead because who knows what could happen in such a long space of time. I try to be positive though!

A very good question so same again.
    That's quite a long time! Hmm. Materialistically? Maybe publish a book. A good one. Mentally? Somewhere where I'm fine with the amount of progress I've done and I don't need to do much more to prove anything more to myself. Emphasis on myself, cause I'm already at the point where what others think really doesn't matter :D

Something you would never wear in public?
    edited October 2020
    Like a sport bra or crop top or anything that looks like that, just like that without covering it up. I'm just very conservative about showing too much skin. 😬

Do you Iike to wear big sweaters?
    832XG3D.gif
    Sure! If I feel like it, I’ll even pick something snuggly like that in the summer cause it’s colder in my house than outside anyways.

How do you feel about bees?
    They're okay.

Have you ever watched The Bee Movie?
    832XG3D.gif
    edited October 2020
    Very high heels, the kind that make you almost walk on tiptoes, ballet style. I like the look of some of them but I haven't got the balance, plus my feet can't walk in anything uncomfortable for more than a few minutes.

Sorry about this, I must have still been typing while the question was already being answered.

@DeKay I have seen the Bee Movie, if you mean the animated one. It's not my favourite animated film but it was funny in places.

What's one thing you have always wanted to do, but haven't got around to doing yet?

Be a professional singer. 😂

What did you wanted to be when you grow up (when you were a kid)?
    832XG3D.gif
    A singer! I wanted to be the next Michael Jackson. I even made a big deal about it, telling adults it was a secret they couldn't tell anyone else or else it wouldn't come true.

Three traits you look for in a friend?
    edited October 2020
    1) Someone who won't turn against me if I don't do absolutely everything their way, all the time.
    2) Trust.
    3) Someone I can be myself around without fear of them ridiculing me to boost their own self-esteem.
    (I've had a few friends who turned out to be 1 and 3s in the past).

A very good question. Same again.
  • Cavapoo_KingCavapoo_King Posts: 5,148 Member
    Loner, geek and genius (pretty much the same as me)

Have you taken an MBTI test
    Gallery ID: cavapoo_king
    Yes.

Do you have any unpopular opinions?
    832XG3D.gif
    edited October 2020
    Probably too many to list but the highlights would be:

That large-scale institutionalization of youth is unnecessary and actually works against developing thinking ability;

That it would be more conducive to a safe society, for us to trust other individuals in our communities more, and trust corporations, bureaucracies, and institutions less.

And that funerals are preferable to attend, than weddings or graduations, because at least with funerals, you don't have to pretend to be having a good time when you'd rather eat a bowl of sand, than be there.

ETA: celebrating unions and rites of passage is a beautiful thing, or can be, but the manner in which they are typically enacted in modern times has become less personal and meaningful and more materialistic, to the point that they are stressful, boring, and financially depleting, yet participants are under pressure to appear to love being there. Except for funerals, where it's okay to look miserable.

Same question!

xicwqMCm.jpg
    Pineapple on pizza is actually dope and anyone who thinks otherwise is wrong. 😂

Have you ever had durian?
    832XG3D.gif
    Nope!

Favorite Halloween-ish character?
    Jack from The Nightmare Before Christmas.

Do you own any plushies?
    832XG3D.gif
  • BMSOBMSO Posts: 3,273 Member
    @Coffeecrumblecake The blob does count since it is a sci-fi thriller.
    DeKay wrote: »
    Jack from The Nightmare Before Christmas.

Do you own any plushies?

I have two of them but they are animal plushies. A vampire bat and a polar bear.

Do you have any merchandise from your favorite TV, movie or Anime series?
    Bmso85's emporium - mysims4studios

Nope!

Same question?
    Yes, I have a small plush Pikachu from my childhood (when Pokémon first came to the UK. I was a massive fan 😁). I also have a collection of old novelty comedy books from some of my favourite TV comedies (I say TV, most of my favourite shows were made before I was born so have seen most of them via DVDs).

What's your favourite film?
    Big Momma's House.

Fav type of cookie?
    832XG3D.gif
    Don't guess I have a clear favorite. Most of the time, literal cookies are just not that great.

What inspired you recently?

xicwqMCm.jpg
    This photo of a woman's face covered with a plastic sheet.

Do you have any work in progress right now?
    832XG3D.gif
    Yes, but I'm having a hard time with wanting to engage with it.

Same question.

xicwqMCm.jpg