Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

No CC Builds by gmcrozier ~ 603 Palm Court

Comments

• gmcroziergmcrozier Posts: 1,078 Member
    @rosemow thank you for your gracious comment.

@Gwiniel thanks for stopping by and leaving that great comment.
    Dualistic Duplex

Each unit has 2 bedrooms and 3 bathrooms and are decorated identically. Ideal for twins.

2fXDebV.png
    Jqck8UO.png
    DDaZoz4.png
    w2uCSza.png
    GKfHXRr.png
    rCKsuL9.png
    AmW7Qjx.png
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,593 Member
    The design and layout of Dualistic Duplex is very nice! :) It is very nice that there are two units together on the one lot. Very nice modern design of the units! The white colour scheme gives a very nice look and feel to the units. It is very nice that they are mirror reflections, with the easels and seats on the outside balconies mirroring each other in how they are placed. Sims will enjoy painting on the easel and looking out at the views. Very nice outdoors back pool and bar patios ! The loungers are a nice touch on each side of the pool, with the pool dividing the two sections of the build . It is nice that sims can enjoy a drink from their own bar. The front patio outdoor living sofa seat sitting areas are very nice for spending time in the sunshine. The bamboo trees are calming. Very nice layout of the interiors of the homes! The mirroring of the furnishings looks very great!
    The units are very nice! :)
    @rosemow thank you!
    131 Fern Park

3 Bedroom, 1.5 bath mid-century modern suburban home.

WXZejXj.png
    yQvBYQL.png
    0EeVoI2.png
    AnkJwYJ.png
    lwO2UDL.png

edL9QBP.png
    w8nWy81.png
    OJtWU4s.png
    JPi2unN.png
    hn5zIhI.png
    5Aec772.png
    wkwElRz.png
  • GwinielGwiniel Posts: 996 Member
    Looks so much better here than in the Gallery! Nice work <3
    131 Fern Park is a very nice Mid Century Modern home! :) The roofing is great! The raised flower beds and the flowers and bamboo trees along the front and side edges look very pretty! Very nice layout of the back outdoors areas! The pool area and gardening nook are very nice , and the design of the raised terrace roofing outdoors dining and living area is so very nice! Sims will enjoy cooking and dining there, as well as relaxing on the sofa in the outdoors air, or enjoy painting on the easel or playing the guitar. The back porch bar and fireplace sitting area is also very nice! Sims will enjoy sitting having a drink from the bar in front of the fire. The plants are nice nature touches. They will have fun playing chess there also. The hanging candlelights used in the two backyard areas look very nice! Very nice layout and furnishing of the interior ! The red, white and black colour scheme looks very stylish! Very nice type of dining chairs used.
    It is a very stylish and nice home! :)
  • RamendemonRamendemon Posts: 91 Member
    @gmcrozier Since I am fairly new to the forums- there are probably hundreds of threads that I haven't looked at/read or discovered yet. Luckily I found this one today! I really enjoy your building style. Especially your more contemporary ones. 108 Centennial Street looks great. I don't remember what the name was- but one of your older builds had a green kitchen, and I really liked the cupboards and counter set up in it! 131 Fern Street is also a really good one. Love the red,black and white. The dining room- with the window/mirrored look as the backdrop on one of the walls- looks really well thought out and stylish! The backyard sitting area is great- I love that it has the easel set up outside. As well as spots for gardening. Skill building on my sims is one of my favorite things- and this has a lot of those great add-ons already set up to do so! Really nice builds!
    @Gwiniel thank you. I would agree the gallery was not very flattering on this build. I'm glad you found my thread, as I don't always post my builds in other threads. Welcome, sit back and stay awhile.

@rosemow thank you. I appreciate that you are always there with a kind word.

@Ramendemon thank you. I'm glad you found my showcase. Wow, if you found the green kitchen you were deep into this thread. I usually try to include several skill building items in each build.
    You're welcome :) Actually didn't "find" this thread "recently"... Been checking it since becoming a full member some months ago. I just have that bad habit of giving a like or awesome without leaving a comment as I'm often too fatigued. The other reason is that I've never liked modern/contemporary styles, which most of your builds represents but it is slowly growing on me as so many creators frequently show all kind of modern builds and rooms, especially @luckyheather. So I try being more open :)
    My entry for @Cypriano3 's Cape Shell Challenge.

204 Shore Drive

A 3 bedroom, 2.5 bath Cape Cod style home. Includes a den, laundry room, garage and pool.

xGqKVy5.png
    3O1mY2t.png
    1lPNjeq.png
    da0e21s.png
    VV9x8h1.png
    weAlJ01.png
    pS1hBmZ.png
    8molC3q.png
    Bn0fwcl.png
    TkMOCCA.png
    edited February 2019
    Very nice makeover of the shell for the challenge ! :) The brick wall texture gives a great look to the home , and the flowers and plants along the edges of the home are very nice! The picket fencing is very nice and homely. Very nice backyard areas! The fenced pool and outdoors living patio is very nice! Sims will enjoy swimming in the pool or resting poolside on the loungers. Kids will have fun playing on the monkey bars. It is great that there is an outdoors clothes line for drying clothes. Very nice outdoors bbq and dining area. Sims will enjoy cooking and dining in the outdoors air. Very nice furnishing of the interior! The beige and brown colour scheme is very calming and restful looking. The sofa sitting area in the living room is nice for Sims to enjoy watching tv and the scenic picture on the wall is a nice touch. The windows armchair nook is very nice! Sims will enjoy chatting there with sunlight coming in, or read a book.The red flowers are pretty there. The kitchen area looks warming with the wooden dining table and chairs. The sunflowers are sunny for Sims to see when cooking meals. The pig chef is cute! Very nice light filled dining room! Sims will have a very nice views through the windows whilst eating their meals. The candlelit lighting is pretty! The wall pictures add a nice look to the room. It is great that a stereo is there for Sims to enjoy listening to music whilst dining.
    It is a very nice home ! :)
    Lovely "reno" of the shell :) The light interior looks so beautiful and lived in.
    Thank you very much @rosemow and @Gwiniel
    February's House

My build for @BreeMiles monthly build challenge

Z6saRry.jpg
    TAvQSwW.png
    jqCKsg9.png
    6U62y4e.png
    xYQ2Ad6.png
    rg92Z17.png
    sO7CySz.png
    mGt0c1q.png
    bt8X025.png
    OfI2PDo.png
    XdmOPFD.png
    You have reflected the inspiration home so well! :) Very nice exterior of the home! The plants and flowers look very nice on the edges of the home and the floor lights are a nice touch. Very nice modern furnishing of the interior of the home. The living room is very nice! It looks great the way the white sofas have been placed there. The red coloured walls with the windows on the corner walls and the plants in the nook looks very effective! The white blossoms on the coffee table and vases of white flowers on the side wall table are a nice pretty touch. The wall paintings add a very nice look to the room. Sims will enjoy watching tv there.The patterned floor rugs in the living areas add a nice look to the areas. .The laundry corner nook is great! Very nice windows dining area for Sims to enjoy eating their meals in the sunlight with very nice views through the large glass windows. Very nice design of the kitchen! It looks very nice the type of cabinets and counters that you used, and the placement of them. The red colour of the stool gives a nice look.
    It is a very nice Sims gameversion of the February home! :)
    @rosemow thank you for your wonderful comment!
    206 Scott Avenue

Lots of pics: https://imgur.com/a/jjlg5vH

206 Scott Avenue is a modern duplex. Each unit has 2 bedrooms, 2.5 baths and an office. Because this was designed for twins, both units are duplicate. There is low maintenance landscaping, featuring synthetic grass and drought tolerant plants. The street name is a homage to Jonathon and Andrew Scott (the Property Brothers).

kvndplx.png
    6F6NPUR.png
    206 Scott Avenue is a very nice modern duplex build for the twins! :) Very nice exterior design of the build! It is great that both units are identical. The layout and furnishing of them are very nice! Very nice natural colour schemes used for the rooms. The plants are nice touches of green and nature in the rooms . It is nice that there are balconies for the twins to enjoy restfully doing yoga on the mats, and meditating on the stools in the outdoors air. They will enjoy nice views whilst painting on the easels. It is great that there are shared pool and outdoors dining areas.
    It is a very nice duplex build! :)
    @rosemow thank you. I always look forward to your comments.
    208 Hill View Lane

A 3 bedroom, 1 bath farmhouse with a detached garage, private fishing/swimming pond and a small greenhouse.

eiUm7zN.png
    scdl41I.png
    yL77FcD.png
    xQ34wa8.png
    t1s2h2a.png
    iugoVIM.png
    SKCeKfw.png
    dUgVHYI.png
    The exterior design and layout of 208 Hill View Lane is very creatively great ! :) Very nice terrain work! It looks very great how you have done the front pathway! The green trees and the pretty white blossom tree are very nice through the outdoors. It is great that there is a detached garage in the build. Very nice greenhouse gazebo! It looks a nice sunny place to enjoy growing plants. Very nice pond/pool area! The plants and rocks look very nice on the edges of the water. It is great that there is a nook area where Sims can enjoy sitting around the firepit keeping warm, and singing songs with the guitar. The landscaping work of the build looks so great! :)
    edited February 2019
    Brilliant landscaping on 208 Hill View Lane and love the leveled decks! It's a pretty house as well but the outdoor areas are <3<3<3<3
    @rosemow thank you, I spent a lot of time on the landscaping to make it look realistic.!

@Gwiniel thank you, I spent a lot of time on the landscaping I'm glad you like it!
  • JojoMOMSTERJojoMOMSTER Posts: 1,965 Member
    @gmcrozier your 208 Hill View Lane is deceptively simple. You’ve created a cute but rather complex lot. Anytime stairs go from terrain to terrain they need to be in multiples of 5 or the game will sink the bottom landing, here you have a lovely outdoor staircase with 3, 3, 5 and 4 stairs. The aesthetic is really cute with the varied number of stairs between landings. My immediate thought is dissect and decode how you pulled this off! We all look at builds and see different things stand out. For me the mechanics of the terrain and landings on this one is quite captivating. To conceptualizer this 15 steps rise is about 3.75m so that a good climb! My conclusion is based on 1:1 rise over run it seems as best as I can tell 1 square of stairs uses 4 steps of 25 cm each though we know height is an odd concept in this game.