Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Where's the telephone? We need them back...

It doesn't feel right without a telephone. I kinda miss calling on home phone. Using a mobile phone is just cheating! Gosh 🐸🐸🐸🐸 it... I miss great phone call stuff from the original Sims. :) i.e

- Wrong Number
- Prank Caller
- Awards

Comments

• EsnesNommocEsnesNommoc Posts: 1,243 Member
    Wholly agree. :) I also hope that newspaper will come back too. I mean the mail box is practically pointless except for cheating and the mailman is practically pointless. :p
  • Sorak4Sorak4 Posts: 3,934 Member
    edited February 2015
    I always hated getting the Mobile Phone and Smartphone in all the Sims, It didn't feel right for a medieval Sim Family to be bored and start playing games... And now it's a skill it's worse.

I loved the pranks, only when they didn't wake your sim up at 2 in the morning but the ones that awarded you money was awesome.
    tumblr_lyad19FSSa1r6xnkfo1_500.jpg
    L9q8VGi.png
  • Ansett4SimsAnsett4Sims Posts: 75 Member
    Mostly people love reading newspapers on tablets. No wonder Sims 4 have tablets.. xD Man I really miss newspapers too.. x) Looking for new jobs and do cross words.. x) Oh yeah.. Newspaper reading in the toilet.. xD
    Mostly people love reading newspapers on tablets. No wonder Sims 4 have tablets.. xD Man I really miss newspapers too.. x) Looking for new jobs and do cross words.. x) Oh yeah.. Newspaper reading in the toilet.. xD

They may do this Sims-4-Toilet.jpg
    But it doesn't feel the same. If only the toilet could build fun up.
    L9q8VGi.png
    edited February 2015
    HAHAHA YES @RedBirdAngry‌!

I remember how a Sim gets out of the bed and it takes like 1 minute until the phone stop.. xD I always get angry not getting awards! xD But if it's a prank caller.. Oh no! xD

-----------
    Accident Double Post Below
    Post edited by Ansett4Sims on
    I always hated getting the Mobile Phone and Smartphone in all the Sims, It didn't feel right for a medieval Sim Family to be bored and start playing games... And now it's a skill it's worse.

I loved the pranks, only when they didn't wake your sim up at 2 in the morning but the ones that awarded you money was awesome.

The Sims 1 phone calls are the best.. x)

38542_120801091922sims1sinistermessages.jpg

But this freaks me out!

• xSiimOnexSiimOne Posts: 17 New Member
    Dat music though.

Haha, I don't even remember these phone calls, why I sued to play sims 1 all the time. Especially when I got 'abracadabra' as it is called in my country :D
    I must admit it was the first thing I was looking for when I started sims 4 though. I was like: "Where are the phones? How the hell am I supposed to get a job then?" and then came the "Where the hell is the newspaper?"

Ah well, I bet there'll be out there who are going to make us some nice, working phones :)
  • KatsKatsKatsKats Posts: 976 Member
    I do wish we had the option of buying landlines, simple cellphones, smartphones, or a combination.

The Sims 1 phone calls are the best.. x)

38542_120801091922sims1sinistermessages.jpg

But this freaks me out!

That's why I HATED that Raccoon waking up my household 24/7, In the end I got a mod to get rid of it.
    L9q8VGi.png
  • AndygalAndygal Posts: 1,280 Member
    yeah, game doesn't feel right without landlines as an option. And I loved the prank calls from TS1, I remember one that was like "Your psychic advisor's head has just exploded, be forewarned."
  • CinderellimouseCinderellimouse Posts: 19,380 Member
    I'd like a very classic looking phone like these vintage and retro ones:

Vintage_Telephone50.jpg

wild-and-wolf-746-phone-swedish-green.jpg

I know people tend to use mobiles but some people do still have house phones too (raises hand) and I think they can look quite beautiful in a home.

I like the idea of having the TS1 style prank calls, it would give the landlines more of a purpose. I'd like there to be a bit more of a point to them, so maybe if you remember the clues it leads you on an adventure or opens an opportunity? Or maybe one call can be from 'Llama Radio Station' and if you answer the 'question of the day' you get to win money? You could get wrong number phone calls where the person calling is some kind of criminal and is telling you details of a crime, you can go along with it and commit the crime, or report it to the police (anyone else watch The Wrong Mans?'. I'd like the fortune teller aspect too.
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    I do miss the landlines I hate that every Sim is born with a cell I miss The Sims 2 were you had to option to buy a cell or not, those random selfies are the worst.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • ULIBABA66ULIBABA66 Posts: 2,037 Member
    Yes, please! Also animated clocks would be nice (such as Grandfather clock, and I wish our Sims could wind them again like in TS1/TS2) :)
  • toddlercuddler91toddlercuddler91 Posts: 274 Member
    The mobile phone should be located in the Inventory, not in the overall panel.
    tumblr_n8noa4vwNZ1s5cr98o1_500.gif
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    edited February 2015
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • NhicksNhicks Posts: 1,580 Member
    I miss phones too but because of decoration purposes
    Find Me In The Gallery! MzHicks #MzHicks
    ~My showcase thread~
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/814744/mzhicks-builds
    How You Liven - A Peek Into YOUR Sims World
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/887032/how-you-liven#latest
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    It doesn't feel right without a telephone. I kinda miss calling on home phone. Using a mobile phone is just cheating! Gosh 🐸🐸🐸🐸 it... I miss great phone call stuff from the original Sims. :) i.e

- Wrong Number
    - Prank Caller
    - Awards

You can still prank call other sims in TS4 I think you need mishcief skill for that.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited February 2015
    The mobile phone should be located in the Inventory, not in the overall panel.

I don't agree, the phone it's perfecly fine where it is in a very simple location with amazing UI and easy to navigate.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • angelpuppy2angelpuppy2 Posts: 162 Member
    > @Sigzy05 said:
    > toddlercuddler91 wrote: »
    >
    > The mobile phone should be located in the Inventory, not in the overall panel.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > I don't agree, the phone it's perfecly fine where it is in a very simple location with amazing UI and easy to navigate.

makes it too easy.
  • Alysha1988Alysha1988 Posts: 3,452 Member
    Meh, I don't really care if landline phones make a return or not. I haven't had/used a house phone in real life in years. I wouldn't mind having to buy and pay for cell phones, but I'm not bothered that that's the only option.

Of course it would be nice for those who want to play out stories of sims living in less technologically advanced times. I can see how the cell breaks your immersion in those cases.
  • CK213CK213 Posts: 20,525 Member
    I'd like a very classic looking phone like these vintage and retro ones:

Vintage_Telephone50.jpg

wild-and-wolf-746-phone-swedish-green.jpg

I know people tend to use mobiles but some people do still have house phones too (raises hand) and I think they can look quite beautiful in a home.

I like the idea of having the TS1 style prank calls, it would give the landlines more of a purpose. I'd like there to be a bit more of a point to them, so maybe if you remember the clues it leads you on an adventure or opens an opportunity? Or maybe one call can be from 'Llama Radio Station' and if you answer the 'question of the day' you get to win money? You could get wrong number phone calls where the person calling is some kind of criminal and is telling you details of a crime, you can go along with it and commit the crime, or report it to the police (anyone else watch The Wrong Mans?'. I'd like the fortune teller aspect too.

How we have advanced.
    Ever used a rotary dial? Some phone conversations take as long as it took to dial a phone number.
    Now you can just speak to your phone and say, "Call mom."

I think EA will have to come up with new stuff though since these things are dying out.
    Prank calls are rare if at all. I have never had one since caller ID started.

What do we have now? Email scams, spam, chain letters...
    What if there was a rare chance that chain letter claims come true if you don't do as it says?

Are you going to ignore that chain letter? What if that African prince that needs to help with his account is legit and you get a nice reward for the help?
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
    Anyone noticed in The Sims 4 Get To Work... A telephone is on the police reception desk?