This site has entered read-only mode as of July 18th. The new Forums.EA.com are now live.

Could Toddlers Surprise Us In March?

12346...Next

Comments

• Options
    NhicksNhicks Posts: 1,580 Member
    yeeeees toddlers. PLEASE. I think it'll be a generations pack that we will have to pay for though.
    Find Me In The Gallery! MzHicks #MzHicks
    ~My showcase thread~
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/814744/mzhicks-builds
    How You Liven - A Peek Into YOUR Sims World
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/887032/how-you-liven#latest
  • Options
    WithoutBrain1234WithoutBrain1234 Posts: 126 Member
    Well, I'm not sure if they'll add it someday, I would be so happy if that happened, but hum... I don't think so, I don't think it will be a surprise, probably we will even have to pay for toddlers on an ep or something like that. Let's not be negative but let's not put our hopes up at least for now
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Posts: 4,220 Member
    Mintiee wrote: »
    Teen height was only ever a problem for me because I couldn't tell what age group they were, but now it pops up in the info box so as far as I'm concerned, teens are fine as they are. It would be more an annoyance than an improvement if they messed with that life stage just to add a height difference which is a lot of work for zero impact on gameplay.

They might add in a pre-teen for that awkward stage between child and older teen. They could do that fairly easily by making slightly taller children and having them constantly in the embarrassed emotional state. Its a tricky time for most of us, lots of opportunity for some hilarious sim moments.

As for toddlers, I really can't wait for them to be added and I don't care how they do it as long as it doesn't rip me off or compromise the life stage. I'd love for them to come out in March, and while I think they may be on the cards I somehow doubt it will be so soon. It would be a big deal and we've got an EP coming up, so I think it's probably likely that if they're going to be a content patch, they'll be added in after the EP release when the excitement has died down, to give us something good to keep us going until the next EP.

Great ideas!
  • Options
    drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member
    RoyaiChaos wrote: »
    No, compared to everything else toddlers would take way longer. I'm not sure, but I would guess it would be more difficult than everything we've got so far combined. Of course they could have already started working on it a long time ago, but even so. There would have to be so many more animations, interactions, cas stuff, etc...

Actually, now that I think about it basic toddlers wouldn't be too hard to put in, especially if they had worked on it pre-release, but they would have to be extremely basic, I would rather have them take longer and release good toddlers than have them release incomplete ones next month.

I think toddlers, much like pools, were in the work, but not ready, so they were taken out.

We know for a fact that in 2013 GamesCon they mentioned they'd be in the game.

GamesCom was a terrible time for this game, in my opinion. They weren't prepared to be honest with the game, and as a result players saw right through their marketing chatter. One thing they said at GamesCom was that the YA life stage was the only one completed enough to demo. So taking into account now that children are the only other stage that has a separate model, I am going to go with toddlers were only in development to the extent of planned content.

If they are in development, terrific, but that doesn't solve anything for the game really. Especially if they plan on charging for basic content, which at this point would not surprise me.
  • Options
    siminscsiminsc Posts: 854 Member
    B9PW7ddIYAArAIU.png

Family trees, woohoo?
    Toddlers anyone???

And they already have toddlers in the game code. So the possibilty is there.

So Friday is here. Think there will be something new today?
  • Options
    pinkangelsimpinkangelsim Posts: 389 Member
    as much as I keep my fingers crossed about toddlers, I also remind myself not to get my hopes up. I agree that toddlers were better in TS2 than in TS3. I am also on the bandwagon of them being patched in verse an EP or even a GP. I really like the family tree and one of the things I like about TS4 that we could never do in any other sims game ( or at least I don't never could) is to go back and add grandma or parents. I made a single sim then decided later I wanted her to have a brother and parents. The game let me add them to her with out cheating and huge plus it was like I created the whole family from the very beginning.
  • Options
    as much as I keep my fingers crossed about toddlers, I also remind myself not to get my hopes up. I agree that toddlers were better in TS2 than in TS3. I am also on the bandwagon of them being patched in verse an EP or even a GP. I really like the family tree and one of the things I like about TS4 that we could never do in any other sims game ( or at least I don't never could) is to go back and add grandma or parents. I made a single sim then decided later I wanted her to have a brother and parents. The game let me add them to her with out cheating and huge plus it was like I created the whole family from the very beginning.

You know, with the Store items, they were far superior.

I just really don't see how much more TS2 toddlers did, frankly.

• Options
    natashifiednatashified Posts: 3,314 Member
    Anything in the SIms 2 was done with the greatest detail, even the toddlers. In sims 2 when your toddler was lonely then could "ask for attention" they would actually wish to grow up well, they even would "huggle" other toddlers. That is what I call craftsmanship and attention to detail. Even the tantrums they threw in their cribs had to much detail in them.
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    I will be suprised if we could go 24 hours without a thread about toddlers
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    Anything in the SIms 2 was done with the greatest detail, even the toddlers. In sims 2 when your toddler was lonely then could "ask for attention" they would actually wish to grow up well, they even would "huggle" other toddlers. That is what I call craftsmanship and attention to detail. Even the tantrums they threw in their cribs had to much detail in them.

TS3 toddlers hug other toddlers.

TS2 toddlers didn't have strollers.

The way I see it, it's give or take.
  • Options
    NatKingSimNatKingSim Posts: 757 Member
    After the unveiling of family trees I have this mad idea that toddlers will come in March!

That would create a lot of good-will and help maximise Get To Work sales!

What do you guys think?

I would love love love that! Thought of it too!

If they add toddlers I would continue to buy expansion packs. Right now I don't play family life at all because the toddlers are missing and the teens look horrible. It just gets me irritated, to be honest. So my 50 sims are all merely dating for now. I only tried one couple to have babies just a few weeks ago in order to see how those creatures actually look in game. That didn't really awake my interest for family play, which I loved before. So I'll be deleting those twin babies soon and continue to wait for toddlers, or at least better looking teens.
    bI7Zx0.gif
    Download below
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,096 Member
    NatKingSim wrote: »
    After the unveiling of family trees I have this mad idea that toddlers will come in March!

That would create a lot of good-will and help maximise Get To Work sales!

What do you guys think?

I would love love love that! Thought of it too!

If they add toddlers I would continue to buy expansion packs. Right now I don't play family life at all because the toddlers are missing and the teens look horrible. It just gets me irritated, to be honest. So my 50 sims are all merely dating for now. I only tried one couple to have babies just a few weeks ago in order to see how those creatures actually look in game. That didn't really awake my interest for family play, which I loved before. So I'll be deleting those twin babies soon and continue to wait for toddlers, or at least better looking teens.
    Same here my game play is pretty much frozen I had my Sims have a baby early on to see how the object worked after seeing the 4 or 5 interactions the baby object had I aged them up to children.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    laurenclarkslaurenclarks Posts: 17 New Member
    I'd love to think that toddlers would be in the March patch, but I feel like they would've hinted at it. They could've been working on it and its ready for release now, but I see toddlers being in an upcoming expansion pack, not a patch.
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 29,102 Member
    RoyaiChaos wrote: »
    No, compared to everything else toddlers would take way longer. I'm not sure, but I would guess it would be more difficult than everything we've got so far combined. Of course they could have already started working on it a long time ago, but even so. There would have to be so many more animations, interactions, cas stuff, etc...

Actually, now that I think about it basic toddlers wouldn't be too hard to put in, especially if they had worked on it pre-release, but they would have to be extremely basic, I would rather have them take longer and release good toddlers than have them release incomplete ones next month.
    Way back before release, when we first learned they had cut toddlers from the game, I was under the impression they were already working on them, but didn't have the time to do them justice before the game was released. It has now been five months. If they had an inkling they would be putting them back into the game, once the work was complete, I'm guessing they've been working on them continuously. I could be completely wrong. This is EA we're talking about. But, I hold out faith, either way.