This site has entered read-only mode as of July 18th. The new Forums.EA.com are now live.

Could Toddlers Surprise Us In March?

Comments

• Options
    XopaxPaxXopaxPax Posts: 1,769 Member
    I am sure they will give us something nice in march, but what could it be? We already have most of the missing features added (the possible ones) we have, ghosts, pools, bussiness and atlectic carrers, Family trees. The only things i can think about is cars, toodlers and story progression?I'm guessing they will improve the neighborhoods and give us story progression, that's the more likely thing other than that i can only think about more carrers, get to work don't includes all the missing carrers from TS3 base.
    tenor.gif
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    Jarsie9 wrote: »
    Andygal wrote: »
    I was going on your remark about the babies, since they are basically objects.

True, babies are basically objects, but I never said that about the toddlers. That would be a big mistake on EA's part. The three main things about toddlers is to teach them to walk, talk, and potty train them. And EA's dev team could do a lot to shorten the time it takes toddlers to learn all 3 skills.

They could patch in TS3-style toddlers and have in the EP the things sold at TS# Store (play pen, walker, change table, baby monitor).

God no! TS3 toddlers no...They were so...huh! I want TS4 toddlers :p (kind of like TS2 cute and sweet that only cry when they need to)

If TS4 toddlers are anyhing like TS2 toddlers it'll be a blast!

True, TS3 toddlers were...unique... xD TS2 toddlers rock and they could do so much!...
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    HCSauHCSau Posts: 506 Member
    To get toddlers would be a pleasant surprise, certainly! :)
    HSau :)
  • Options
    friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,587 Member
    Well time some of you realise that if toddlers do come back you may have to spend some $$$ Dollars because chances are high that they mauy be added in a future gamepack or generation episodesbecause i highly doubt that they will be patch in
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Options
    pinkangelsimpinkangelsim Posts: 389 Member
    I hope they will be patched into the game and not an EP. I am going to have to agree with Reg that it would be hard for them to do it has an EP. I am in no way computer savvy but I read a lot on here and agree with what some of the others say. As far as the next patch I am going to guess it to be heart shape bed or maybe a hot tub. I am still crossing my finger for my cute little toddlers to return.
    I know mant people want the size of the teen to be changed and I don't think they are going to do this because one of the gurus said they are the size they are because of the interactions with other sims. IMHO the size is not a big deal, I know many teens that are taller than I am. I just wish they had teen clothing, I think its crazy when my teen can have matching clothes.
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    I hope they will be patched into the game and not an EP. I am going to have to agree with Reg that it would be hard for them to do it has an EP. I am in no way computer savvy but I read a lot on here and agree with what some of the others say. As far as the next patch I am going to guess it to be heart shape bed or maybe a hot tub. I am still crossing my finger for my cute little toddlers to return.
    I know mant people want the size of the teen to be changed and I don't think they are going to do this because one of the gurus said they are the size they are because of the interactions with other sims. IMHO the size is not a big deal, I know many teens that are taller than I am. I just wish they had teen clothing, I think its crazy when my teen can have matching clothes.

Yeah I agree with you, also teens size will much likely not be changed, they would have to change the whole lifestage plus clothes and all the other lifestages animations when they interact with teens so it would be a lot of pain, it's best if they leave teens as they are, maybe add in acne like there was in TS2 and add pree-teens in an EP.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    Well an ep toddler as much as I would pay if I had to, won't really work as not every body gets all eps and eps are only made to work with the base game and not always very well with each other. Toddlers will require major recoding just in the fact the object baby will need to turn into a toddler, then the toddler to turn into a child - never mind the mechanics needed for other sims to interact with toddlers and do the necessities. Any other life type like supernaturals will also need the programming of toddlers seeing they have kids too - and if only added as an ep that could be a real problem. The programming for toddlers absolutely has to be in the base game which means a patch - but an ep covering things Toddlers use, learn with and play with could still come out as an ep - but the wee ones themselves needs to be in the base mechanics first no matter what.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    toddlercuddler91toddlercuddler91 Posts: 274 Member
    In TS3, toddlers and children's faces were all identical, while adult faces were all different from eachother.

Imo, the best thing would be making children and toddler use the same mesh/texture/whatnot that adult sims use, but with a smart smoothing and resizing, you know, rounder faces and smaller bodies compared to the head, but keep the facial and body traits intact. Otherwise, it's like creating 2 different things.
    tumblr_n8noa4vwNZ1s5cr98o1_500.gif
  • Options
    windweaverwindweaver Posts: 7,378 Member
    After the unveiling of family trees I have this mad idea that toddlers will come in March!

That would create a lot of good-will and help maximise Get To Work sales!

What do you guys think?

HI Darek, don't get your hopes up, you'll only end up being disappointed. Just keep having fun with what you have and if they are reintroduced into the game, then we can all breath a sigh of relief and get back to our game the way we thought it should be in the first place.

I'm not going to try to guess any more, I did that during ts2 for Super Star and was very disappointed at the end. T3 was another disappointment for me, so I'm not even going to try to make a guess. I'm just going to assume that they are not going to add them, to keep from being sad about the things I love in the game that isn't there and just play with what there is.
    My Origin Name is: Cynconzola8
  • Options
    KaelKael Posts: 2,197 Member
    Maybe if they make toddlers that are attached to a pack'n'play. We all know how they love their objects as life states.
  • Options
    gayarsgayars Posts: 2,229 Member
    I think the team needs to go play sims 2 toddlers (with LOTS of custom content to give them ideas ;) ) for a few days, and learn what we like about toddlers! Meantime I think there is a half decent chance that if we are going to get them any time soon, it will be as a patch a day or two before the next ep. Also the stuff Friday is probably a Valentine's Day pack although I would dearly LOVE it to be toddlers. If it was, I would run to the nearest store the day the pack came out and buy it. But I am not holding my breath. That is dangerous around here...
  • Options
    nanashi-simsnanashi-sims Posts: 4,142 Member
    I really don't see toddlers happening in the sims 4. Some people think they can just be patched in like pools but it would take more than that for them to work as a life stage. I just don't see EA doing this.

They were already working on this. Gurus have repeatedly said: We cannot talk about toddlers because we cannot talk about what we are working on, but we hear your complaints. Toddlers will be implemented in TS4.
  • Options
    CowPlantForHireCowPlantForHire Posts: 6,002 Member
    I doubt it. The Get To Work expansion pack would probably be released long before EA releases any news on toddlers, since it is silent on future content unless it's about to be released. And before anyone says it...

tumblr_inline_mrss2qdTtq1qz4rgp.gif

What a man... :kiss:
    tumblr_msl1pmMPdd1sho68to1_400.gif
  • Options
    knazzerknazzer Posts: 3,382 Member
    In TS3, toddlers and children's faces were all identical, while adult faces were all different from eachother.

Imo, the best thing would be making children and toddler use the same mesh/texture/whatnot that adult sims use, but with a smart smoothing and resizing, you know, rounder faces and smaller bodies compared to the head, but keep the facial and body traits intact. Otherwise, it's like creating 2 different things.

Don't give EA/Maxis ideas! :D
  • Options
    ErpeErpe Posts: 5,872 Member
    I really don't see toddlers happening in the sims 4. Some people think they can just be patched in like pools but it would take more than that for them to work as a life stage. I just don't see EA doing this.

They were already working on this. Gurus have repeatedly said: We cannot talk about toddlers because we cannot talk about what we are working on, but we hear your complaints. Toddlers will be implemented in TS4.
    I think that you are right. But it is all about assessing which EP they expect to get the highest sales numbers. If they think that is a Generations EP with toddlers and real babies then they will make it.

But I don't believe that even such an EP will contain teens with reduced height. Realistic babies are easy to add because they don't need many interactions and much clothes. But toddlers and smaller teens are about equally hard work to make. Teens may even be harder to make than toddlers because teens have more interactions and need more clothes too. But people won't pay nearly as much for teens as for toddlers. So therefore I am sure that they will prefer to add other things to a Generations EP instead of smaller teens.

• Options
    ZandalarZandalar Posts: 88 Member
    Oh I HOPE that they will implement toddlers in march (or soon after)... I've missed those little buggers. :(
    421342.gif
  • Options
    AndygalAndygal Posts: 1,280 Member
    Also, changing the Teen height would break every single piece of custom clothing made for Teens, which would annoy a lot of people. Frankly, it would probably be better to concentrate on giving them more interactions to differentiate them from adults and not create what would be a flamefest of epic proportions.
  • Options
    ZandalarZandalar Posts: 88 Member
    Also, changing the Teen height would break every single piece of custom clothing made for Teens, which would annoy a lot of people. Frankly, it would probably be better to concentrate on giving them more interactions to differentiate them from adults and not create what would be a flamefest of epic proportions.

LOL! I love that, "Flamefest of Epic Proportions".
    421342.gif
  • Options
    ErpeErpe Posts: 5,872 Member
    I agree. But they could solve that problem by renaming the current teens to elder teens and then and a new teen age group. Or they could just keep the current teens and add a young teens age group.

Still I don't believe that they will do it because it won't be very easy to make many different interactions for the two teen age groups. Therefore EA will probably give other things higher priority.

• Options
    MintieeMintiee Posts: 139 Member
    edited February 2015
    Teen height was only ever a problem for me because I couldn't tell what age group they were, but now it pops up in the info box so as far as I'm concerned, teens are fine as they are. It would be more an annoyance than an improvement if they messed with that life stage just to add a height difference which is a lot of work for zero impact on gameplay.

They might add in a pre-teen for that awkward stage between child and older teen. They could do that fairly easily by making slightly taller children and having them constantly in the embarrassed emotional state. Its a tricky time for most of us, lots of opportunity for some hilarious sim moments.

As for toddlers, I really can't wait for them to be added and I don't care how they do it as long as it doesn't rip me off or compromise the life stage. I'd love for them to come out in March, and while I think they may be on the cards I somehow doubt it will be so soon. It would be a big deal and we've got an EP coming up, so I think it's probably likely that if they're going to be a content patch, they'll be added in after the EP release when the excitement has died down, to give us something good to keep us going until the next EP.
  • Options
    XxAirixXXxAirixX Posts: 2,567 Member
    I don't see why it wouldn't be possible, especially if it was in the works already. They could do something like they did with the recent holiday pack that was free as they would need into include some items like cribs, clothing, toys, etc.... They showed that they can include ghosts, I don't think adding sims through a patch, or with a free pack due to life stage in this case, would be impossible. Sims 2 didn't include Young Adults at first, so life stages can be added into games later even if not in the base game.

Now the question is, will they do that soon? Will they be free or added in expansion later with a lot more interactions and a more fleshed out life stage? Only time will tell.
  • Options
    nanashi-simsnanashi-sims Posts: 4,142 Member
    Erpe wrote: »

I think that you are right. But it is all about assessing which EP they expect to get the highest sales numbers. If they think that is a Generations EP with toddlers and real babies then they will make it.

But I don't believe that even such an EP will contain teens with reduced height. Realistic babies are easy to add because they don't need many interactions and much clothes. But toddlers and smaller teens are about equally hard work to make. Teens may even be harder to make than toddlers because teens have more interactions and need more clothes too. But people won't pay nearly as much for teens as for toddlers. So therefore I am sure that they will prefer to add other things to a Generations EP instead of smaller teens.

I hope they put them in an EP because I worry what kind of toddlers we'd get in a patch. I never played toddlers in TS3 (I found the sims were too ugly to merit procreation) but I keep hearing that they were awful. I've only ever played TS2 toddlers and I think they are the best things since, well... the Sims franchise.

ts2-toddlers.jpg
  • Options
    siminscsiminsc Posts: 854 Member
    I think they'll give them to us in a patch so everyone has them.
  • Options
    knazzerknazzer Posts: 3,382 Member
    Erpe wrote: »

I hope they put them in an EP because I worry what kind of toddlers we'd get in a patch. I never played toddlers in TS3 (I found the sims were too ugly to merit procreation) but I keep hearing that they were awful. I've only ever played TS2 toddlers and I think they are the best things since, well... the Sims franchise.

ts2-toddlers.jpg

Totally agree the Sims 2 toddlers had alot of charm and gameplay the Sims 3 lacked.

Screenshot-35.jpg~original
  • Options
    ConclueConclue Posts: 2,307 Member
    Not to mention the "needs" of toddlers in the Sims 3 really needed tuning. They'd be hungry by the time you fed 3 toddlers in the daycare career. That's when I realized how poorly toddlers needs were tuned. They were too much - and probally why in Sims 3 people used them the least, because the dev's made them nearly impossible. LOL