This site has entered read-only mode as of July 18th. The new Forums.EA.com are now live.

Could Toddlers Surprise Us In March?

Comments

• Options
    Alysha1988Alysha1988 Posts: 3,452 Member
    Stop trying to get my hopes up :( hehe. I doubt toddlers will be coming. Valentines day is coming up, so even though we already got some Valentines stuff with the last patch there will probably just be more. Yay for more junk I'll never use....
  • Options
    Alysha1988Alysha1988 Posts: 3,452 Member
    Jarsie9 wrote: »
    If toddlers are going to be added to this game at all, it would be better to add them in a patch with minimal interactions so that there would be a reason for players to buy a generations type expansion pack that would give them more to do.

I love how we all want toddlers so bad that now we are just begging EA to rip us off. I want fully featured toddlers in a free patch because it's base game content and we shouldn't have to buy a generations pack. Everything that was in generations should have been in the sims 3 base game...

• Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    Alysha1988 wrote: »
    Stop trying to get my hopes up :( hehe. I doubt toddlers will be coming. Valentines day is coming up, so even though we already got some Valentines stuff with the last patch there will probably just be more. Yay for more junk I'll never use....

Other people may use it though. I really hope they have something up their sleve and I hope it's either Valentine's Day Pack or toddlers... I can't wait for friday now lol
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    Sims3And4AreFabbSims3And4AreFabb Posts: 215 Member
    I really hope so, i love the sims 4 but i was a bit disappointed that there wasn't actually toddlers, however i dont really think they would:(
    k36kqq.jpg
  • Options
    AndygalAndygal Posts: 1,280 Member
    If they are going to have a generations pack, the best thing to do would be to add preteens in that pack and toddlers fully featured toddlers in a patch to go along with it. They could add a few extra interactions for toddlers (and other life stages) in the expansion but the focus would be on preteens, since those are not a preexisting feature that should be added back for free.

That would be ideal, but sadly I suspect toddlers will be paid content and I just hope they will have a metric ton of interactions to go along with them to make it worth the money.
  • Options
    ErpeErpe Posts: 5,872 Member
    Erpe wrote: »
    I really don't see toddlers happening in the sims 4. Some people think they can just be patched in like pools but it would take more than that for them to work as a life stage. I just don't see EA doing this.
    It is only a matter of preferences. They can choose to make a lot of interactions and objects for pets. Or they can choose to make a lot of interactions, clothes and toys for toddlers. Then they only has to consider which EP that will get to highest sales numbers?

But there is no chance that they will give us pets or toddlers for free.

So should they make a Generations EP with toddlers? Or should they make a Pets EP? What would people like to buy?

I love toddlers more than animals.
    If EA believes that a toddler EP will sell better than a Pets EP then they will make it. But are don't think that EA is convinced about this.

Personally I wouldn't probably buy any of those EPs. But the upcoming GTW EP I will buy sooner or later.

• Options
    Andygal wrote: »
    If they are going to have a generations pack, the best thing to do would be to add preteens in that pack and toddlers fully featured toddlers in a patch to go along with it. They could add a few extra interactions for toddlers (and other life stages) in the expansion but the focus would be on preteens, since those are not a preexisting feature that should be added back for free.

That would be ideal, but sadly I suspect toddlers will be paid content and I just hope they will have a metric ton of interactions to go along with them to make it worth the money.

Yeah many of us already sugested to put more interactions, objects and clothes in a Generations Pack that features pree-teens and put toddler lifestage in a patch fully animated and all that with basic interactions and objects for the toddler as well as maybe unisex hair and clothes.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    jimmysnanjimmysnan Posts: 8,303 Member
    Might be nice. But I think they will be a paid for expansion pack!
  • Options
    Jarsie9Jarsie9 Posts: 12,714 Member
    Alysha1988 wrote: »
    If toddlers are going to be added to this game at all, it would be better to add them in a patch with minimal interactions so that there would be a reason for players to buy a generations type expansion pack that would give them more to do.

I love how we all want toddlers so bad that now we are just begging EA to rip us off. I want fully featured toddlers in a free patch because it's base game content and we shouldn't have to buy a generations pack. Everything that was in generations should have been in the sims 3 base game...

I'm not begging EA for anything. I'm stating my opinion, which is, IF they're going to add toddlers to the game at all, it would be better to add them in a free patch, even if it means they have limited interactions, much as the babies do. THEN those who want more can get more via a game pack or an expansion pack. Frankly, I think a game pack would be better; not only is it cheaper, but it's also optional. Those who don't want toddlers can easily age them up to children; if EA is smart, they'll provide that option.

EA Marketing Department Motto:
    "We Don't Care If You LIKE The Game, Just As Long As You BUY The Game!"
    B)
    I Disapprove (Naturally)
    I Took The Pledge!
  • Options
    knazzerknazzer Posts: 3,382 Member
    Maybe they will make a toddler costume for children, like they did with the bear. EA said they gotta save money after all :D
  • Options
    If EA adds object-toddlers for free, and expects us to pay for actual toddlers, that will be the end of it for me. I'll be done with TS4, going back to TS2 and praying TS5 will be less pathetic. Because that would just be insulting to me. Either make toddlers free ,or make them paid, but don't make half-baked toddlers for free and expect me to pay for actual toddlers.
  • Options
    If EA adds object-toddlers for free, and expects us to pay for actual toddlers, that will be the end of it for me. I'll be done with TS4, going back to TS2 and praying TS5 will be less pathetic. Because that would just be insulting to me. Either make toddlers free ,or make them paid, but don't make half-baked toddlers for free and expect me to pay for actual toddlers.

These would not be object toddlers. They'd be regular toddlers with the same walk/talk/potty training interactions, but content that would flesh them out would be added via a game pack. I don't think that's unreasonable.

B)
    I Disapprove (Naturally)
    I Took The Pledge!
  • Options
    I was going on your remark about the babies, since they are basically objects.
  • Options

Yeah...I think that they could at least give a UI to the babies like the normal lifestages have to see their needs...
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options

True, babies are basically objects, but I never said that about the toddlers. That would be a big mistake on EA's part. The three main things about toddlers is to teach them to walk, talk, and potty train them. And EA's dev team could do a lot to shorten the time it takes toddlers to learn all 3 skills.

B)
    I Disapprove (Naturally)
    I Took The Pledge!
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Posts: 4,220 Member

True, babies are basically objects, but I never said that about the toddlers. That would be a big mistake on EA's part. The three main things about toddlers is to teach them to walk, talk, and potty train them. And EA's dev team could do a lot to shorten the time it takes toddlers to learn all 3 skills.

They could patch in TS3-style toddlers and have in the EP the things sold at TS# Store (play pen, walker, change table, baby monitor).
  • Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,606 Member
    Hi :)

If they do I will be surprised. It will be a Humongous, Welcome, and Pleasant surprise. :cookie:
  • Options
    DivineHysteriaDivineHysteria Posts: 732 Member
    I agree about the limited interactions toddler patch

But I'd also suggest upgrading the babies from decor to actual babies too.
    It'd be nice.
    xo0yscju
  • Options

It would be cool if these weren't actual skills, in a way I see them making them skills again but it would be cool if the toddlers could progressively learn how to talk without the sims teaching them. Like they were born, that day they would only cry and laugh, the next day they say like the same two words every now and then, the next day they say like 5 diferent words and after the third they would start to speak "normaly" I think that would be cool.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    I agree about the limited interactions toddler patch

But I'd also suggest upgrading the babies from decor to actual babies too.
    It'd be nice.

*Ahem* Too hard, and too expensive. It could take YEARS. :mrgreen:
    B)
    I Disapprove (Naturally)
    I Took The Pledge!
  • Options
    edited February 2015

They could patch in TS3-style toddlers and have in the EP the things sold at TS# Store (play pen, walker, change table, baby monitor).

God no! TS3 toddlers no...They were so...huh! I want TS4 toddlers :p (kind of like TS2 cute and sweet that only cry when they need to)
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited February 2015
    jimmysnan wrote: »

Not possible. How will an ep fix the baby object poofing into a 10 year old kid thing via an ep - that alone is just one small issue - never mind making all the other sims able to interact with a toddler which is very necessary. It is not as if a toddler could just be added like any other life style. On top of it aliens and all the other life states who also have babies will need the same programming as they are added to the game. So putting it in an ep just won't work seeing eps are made to work first with the base game. If the toddler was an ep lifestyle and someone did not buy that ep - what kind of corruption will happen in that persons game because toddler - a basic life stage - is only ep added. Just can't work.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    sparkfairy1sparkfairy1 Posts: 11,453 Member
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    jimmysnan wrote: »

Not possible. How will an ep fix the baby object poofing into a 10 year old kid thing via an ep - that alone is just one small issue - never mind making all the other sims able to interact with a toddler which is very necessary. It is not as if a toddler could just be added like any other life style. On top of it aliens and all the other life states who also have babies will need the same programming as they are added to the game. So putting it in an ep just won't work seeing eps are made to work first with the base game. If the toddler was an ep lifestyle and someone did not buy that ep - what kind of corruption will happen in that persons game because toddler - a basic life stage - is only ep added. Just can't work.

I keep saying this. It's ridiculous it's even a situation we are all in. A sim is a sim from cradle to grave. I've no idea what they mean by focusing on the sim when they don't count until child stage!
  • Options
    LaAbbyLaAbby Posts: 3,742 Member
    Toddlers need to come back, it's a life stage after all.
    I don't expect them to be patched in for free, but it would be great if they can come back.

Here's to hoping.
  • Options
    DivineHysteriaDivineHysteria Posts: 732 Member
    Sigzy05 wrote: »

God no! TS3 toddlers no...They were so...huh! I want TS4 toddlers :p (kind of like TS2 cute and sweet that only cry when they need to)

If TS4 toddlers are anyhing like TS2 toddlers it'll be a blast!
    xo0yscju