This site has entered read-only mode as of July 18th. The new Forums.EA.com are now live.

Could Toddlers Surprise Us In March?

After the unveiling of family trees I have this mad idea that toddlers will come in March!

That would create a lot of good-will and help maximise Get To Work sales!

What do you guys think?

Comments

  • Options
    RoyaiChaosRoyaiChaos Posts: 905 Member
    No, compared to everything else toddlers would take way longer. I'm not sure, but I would guess it would be more difficult than everything we've got so far combined. Of course they could have already started working on it a long time ago, but even so. There would have to be so many more animations, interactions, cas stuff, etc...

    Actually, now that I think about it basic toddlers wouldn't be too hard to put in, especially if they had worked on it pre-release, but they would have to be extremely basic, I would rather have them take longer and release good toddlers than have them release incomplete ones next month.
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Posts: 4,220 Member
    RoyaiChaos wrote: »
    No, compared to everything else toddlers would take way longer. I'm not sure, but I would guess it would be more difficult than everything we've got so far combined. Of course they could have already started working on it a long time ago, but even so. There would have to be so many more animations, interactions, cas stuff, etc...

    Actually, now that I think about it basic toddlers wouldn't be too hard to put in, especially if they had worked on it pre-release, but they would have to be extremely basic, I would rather have them take longer and release good toddlers than have them release incomplete ones next month.

    I think toddlers, much like pools, were in the work, but not ready, so they were taken out.

    We know for a fact that in 2013 GamesCon they mentioned they'd be in the game.
  • Options
    Zolt65Zolt65 Posts: 8,272 Member
    not a chance; there is too much work to code responses with toddlers and all other age groups.

    When we are told a real bear is too much work, why would you think an actual life stage would be possible?




    The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

    Marcus Aurelius
  • Options
    KayeStarKayeStar Posts: 6,715 Member
    Nope. Not happening. We've got better chances of a zombie apocalypse.
    752d5ef1ccf6be4ae3b2e539a6376fe9ea400d9ar1-320-207_00.gif
  • Options
    RoyaiChaosRoyaiChaos Posts: 905 Member
    edited February 2015
    Zolt65 wrote: »
    not a chance; there is too much work to code responses with toddlers and all other age groups.

    When we are told a real bear is too much work, why would you think an actual life stage would be possible?


    The real bear was for a game pack. The game pack was already well worth it's price, and even without the bear it's getting great reviews. What they meant was that it wasn't worth making it for what it was for.

    But on the other hand, if they added Toddlers for the base game, many simmers would be much happier and their base (which also helps sell their EPs and GPs) will start to do better, which means much more profit.
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Posts: 4,220 Member
    Zolt65 wrote: »
    not a chance; there is too much work to code responses with toddlers and all other age groups.

    When we are told a real bear is too much work, why would you think an actual life stage would be possible?

    Because a Game Pack is one thing. An update is another.

    Simple.

    Business-wise, it would shut-up the Pools! Toddlers! that tarnished launch and it would generate a lot of free press in the gaming media.
  • Options
    Jarsie9Jarsie9 Posts: 12,714 Member
    Why would we have use for a real bear in the base game?
    EA Marketing Department Motto:
    "We Don't Care If You LIKE The Game, Just As Long As You BUY The Game!"
    B)
    I Disapprove (Naturally)
    I Took The Pledge!
  • Options
    RoyaiChaosRoyaiChaos Posts: 905 Member
    edited February 2015
    Jarsie9 wrote: »
    Why would we have use for a real bear in the base game?

    I don't understand you at all. When have we said anything about a real bear in the base game.
    nvm, I should have been more specific when I said "it", I edited my post should it should be more clear now.
  • Options
    Joey2eyeballJoey2eyeball Posts: 1,792 Member
    Sadly, I don't think this is very likely.
    My name is Joseph, please don't call me Joe or Joey.

    Yours sincerely, Joseph :)
  • Options
    Starglitters9909Starglitters9909 Posts: 2,524 Member
    I really don't see toddlers happening in the sims 4. Some people think they can just be patched in like pools but it would take more than that for them to work as a life stage. I just don't see EA doing this.
    6cca377d-2512-4319-9ce5-8f4c646cf7f8_zpsa768ec53.jpg
  • Options
    CapraCorn104CapraCorn104 Posts: 1,184 Member
    I really don't see toddlers happening in the sims 4. Some people think they can just be patched in like pools but it would take more than that for them to work as a life stage. I just don't see EA doing this.
    If they want more money (and we know how much EA loves money), they would.
  • Options
    RoyaiChaosRoyaiChaos Posts: 905 Member
    I really don't see toddlers happening in the sims 4. Some people think they can just be patched in like pools but it would take more than that for them to work as a life stage. I just don't see EA doing this.

    I feel like at this point, EA might be forced to do this to save the game. I mean, it never did bad (bad compared to the previous games) and it's doing better but I feel like if they add toddlers, it would be the final push towards being successful.
  • Options
    Cabelle1863Cabelle1863 Posts: 2,251 Member
    Anything is possible, though I'm inclined to think it won't happen as a patch. I suspect that if toddlers or any other lifestage were to come, it would be as part of an EP we pay for. Though at one time I believed we'd have to pay for pools in an EP and we received them for free in an update. So who knows? I'll be pleasantly surprised if we do get them in a patch, but I don't mind an EP as long as it's at a fair price. We've had life stages added in with other game versions, so I'm not going to say that we will never get toddlers until they tell us otherwise.
  • Options
    ZhakiraPZhakiraP Posts: 1,439 Member
    After the unveiling of family trees I have this mad idea that toddlers will come in March!

    That would create a lot of good-will and help maximise Get To Work sales!

    What do you guys think?

    I´m thinking story progression in March. They have been asking us what we want it to entail, so I think that has been in progress for a while.

    53218870167_a5d450f1db_h.jpg
  • Options
    RoyaiChaosRoyaiChaos Posts: 905 Member
    ZhakiraP wrote: »
    After the unveiling of family trees I have this mad idea that toddlers will come in March!

    That would create a lot of good-will and help maximise Get To Work sales!

    What do you guys think?

    I´m thinking story progression in March. They have been asking us what we want it to entail, so I think that has been in progress for a while.

    I would cry tears of joy if this happened. This might be selfish, but I usually don't play with families, I really only with with young adults with aging turned off so toddlers would mean little to me except for more peace on the forums. But story progression would be wonderful.
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Posts: 4,220 Member
    I really don't see toddlers happening in the sims 4. Some people think they can just be patched in like pools but it would take more than that for them to work as a life stage. I just don't see EA doing this.

    The way some sim gurus have spoken lately make me thing they are under work.
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Posts: 4,220 Member
    Anything is possible, though I'm inclined to think it won't happen as a patch. I suspect that if toddlers or any other lifestage were to come, it would be as part of an EP we pay for. Though at one time I believed we'd have to pay for pools in an EP and we received them for free in an update. So who knows? I'll be pleasantly surprised if we do get them in a patch, but I don't mind an EP as long as it's at a fair price. We've had life stages added in with other game versions, so I'm not going to say that we will never get toddlers until they tell us otherwise.

    I think toddlers might be a patch because otherwise it would disrupt the Gallery.

    In TS3, any change that could affect the Exchange usually was in the free patches.
  • Options
    KayeStarKayeStar Posts: 6,715 Member
    I think all their surprises are over. I'm not expecting anything else.
    752d5ef1ccf6be4ae3b2e539a6376fe9ea400d9ar1-320-207_00.gif
  • Options
    ZhakiraPZhakiraP Posts: 1,439 Member
    RoyaiChaos wrote: »
    ZhakiraP wrote: »
    After the unveiling of family trees I have this mad idea that toddlers will come in March!

    That would create a lot of good-will and help maximise Get To Work sales!

    What do you guys think?

    I´m thinking story progression in March. They have been asking us what we want it to entail, so I think that has been in progress for a while.

    I would cry tears of joy if this happened. This might be selfish, but I usually don't play with families, I really only with with young adults with aging turned off so toddlers would mean little to me except for more peace on the forums. But story progression would be wonderful.

    It´s a game, we are all being selfish about it :)
    I hope story progression is optional though if they implement it. I would like to have it on in one save game and off in another.
    53218870167_a5d450f1db_h.jpg
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Posts: 4,220 Member
    I think all their surprises are over. I'm not expecting anything else.

    Many thought the surprises had been over in December.
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Posts: 4,220 Member
    ZhakiraP wrote: »
    RoyaiChaos wrote: »
    ZhakiraP wrote: »
    After the unveiling of family trees I have this mad idea that toddlers will come in March!

    That would create a lot of good-will and help maximise Get To Work sales!

    What do you guys think?

    I´m thinking story progression in March. They have been asking us what we want it to entail, so I think that has been in progress for a while.

    I would cry tears of joy if this happened. This might be selfish, but I usually don't play with families, I really only with with young adults with aging turned off so toddlers would mean little to me except for more peace on the forums. But story progression would be wonderful.

    It´s a game, we are all being selfish about it :)
    I hope story progression is optional though if they implement it. I would like to have it on in one save game and off in another.

    I have grown fond of making all progression myself through Manage Households really. I need it to be optional.
  • Options
    Dreamie209Dreamie209 Posts: 3,165 Member
    Anything is possible, though I'm inclined to think it won't happen as a patch. I suspect that if toddlers or any other lifestage were to come, it would be as part of an EP we pay for. Though at one time I believed we'd have to pay for pools in an EP and we received them for free in an update. So who knows? I'll be pleasantly surprised if we do get them in a patch, but I don't mind an EP as long as it's at a fair price. We've had life stages added in with other game versions, so I'm not going to say that we will never get toddlers until they tell us otherwise.

    Yeah I'd have have to agree. In TS3 many simmers thought Seasons was absolutely impossible to achieve in an open world...and yet here we are lol. So i'm curious if EA/Maxis is somehow going to pull a rabbit out of their hats this time.
    tumblr_p0kj4y5zKY1rz1zglo1_1280.png
    Fun Times, Cherished Memories, All under one Dream. Visit: The Dreamhouse and AbbyDreams
  • Options
    ZhakiraPZhakiraP Posts: 1,439 Member
    ZhakiraP wrote: »
    RoyaiChaos wrote: »
    ZhakiraP wrote: »
    After the unveiling of family trees I have this mad idea that toddlers will come in March!

    That would create a lot of good-will and help maximise Get To Work sales!

    What do you guys think?

    I´m thinking story progression in March. They have been asking us what we want it to entail, so I think that has been in progress for a while.

    I would cry tears of joy if this happened. This might be selfish, but I usually don't play with families, I really only with with young adults with aging turned off so toddlers would mean little to me except for more peace on the forums. But story progression would be wonderful.

    It´s a game, we are all being selfish about it :)
    I hope story progression is optional though if they implement it. I would like to have it on in one save game and off in another.

    I have grown fond of making all progression myself through Manage Households really. I need it to be optional.

    The level of control over the poor sims reproduction is disconcerning, but manage households is very useful (unless you need to manage your OCD :) ) and in my legacy game I couldn´t let an inch of control go, so no story progression there. I think it would freak me out :D
    53218870167_a5d450f1db_h.jpg
  • Options
    AndygalAndygal Posts: 1,280 Member
    I definitely want SP to be optional, including the half-baked SP we have now where Sims will magically get new romantic relationships out of thin air. I am tired of coming back to my Sims and finding out they've been stepping out with three different people.

    And I would like toddlers to be free, but sadly, I think they are going to be in an EP, and if that's the case they better have a ton of interactions, new objects, and other things to go with them. If I'm paying for them, I don't want them to be rushed in just to get them in there. Actually, even if they are free, they better be properly bug tested, and not confined to a playpen. Otherwise I will be mad.
  • Options
    VlaxitovVlaxitov Posts: 5,798 Member
    .6074966575_eabd54e7ba.jpg.
Sign In or Register to comment.
Return to top