Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Good,safe and Favorite CC content Sims 4

Hey, Can some people please list some good,safe and favorite cc websites/Content for the Sims 4?
Also is Jenni Sims safe?
Thanks o:)

Comments

• Options
    AyumapAyumap Posts: 3,425 Member
    edited January 2015
    Spheal101 wrote: »
    Hey, Can some people please list some good,safe and favorite cc websites/Content for the Sims 4?
    Also is Jenni Sims safe?

I've used Jenni's site with no issue, so I say yes.
    Modthesims.info
    sims.elagame.com/Mods
    Tumblr S4CC and TS4CC tags (though, I guess you'd just have to know which users to trust)
    and thesimsresource.com (I mostly go there for the furniture)
    2m60a6q.jpg
    *There's nothing wrong with loving the Sims 4, there's also nothing wrong with seeking improvements.
    A list of Mods I use.|My Sims 4 Mod and CC "Master" post. Helpful Links included.
  • Options
    DariuDariu Posts: 3,120 Member
    safe by what?
    safe as in not virus infected
    or safe as in something that isnt NSFW?
    or safe as in one that you may see in a bank or in an office or in a hidden compartment within a house?
  • Options
    friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,582 Member
    Well i can say thats its best to play without custom content as cc is not safe it can even get to the point that it can corupt your game file.
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Options
    ModerateOspreyModerateOsprey Posts: 4,875 Member
    Spheal101 wrote: »
    Also is Jenni Sims safe?

Don't be put off by the doomsayers that say that mods/cc will kill your game, your wife, your kids and trash your room when you aren't looking. Modding games is whole new playstyle and can add a significant amount of fun to your play. Even hunting them down is fun, IMO.

Create a new save for your modding and it is a simple matter to remove mods/cc so you can load up any unmodded saves.

Mod the Sims is the best place to start, IMO.
    http://modthesims.info

The downloads there are very easy and don't go through any third party sites with confusing download buttons.

I have also used content from Jennisims and all has been well.

This is a duplicate of a post I did for another user who was considering starting with mods/cc:

Just a little tip before you dive in, because finding, installing and playing with mods/CC is very addictive and when the penny drops, you will be like an excited child in a sweet shop :)

So use some folder organisation from the get go. To use folders in your Mod Folder, which is here:

C:\Users\UserName\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Mods

you need to edit your resource.cfg file. This is what you need to put into it (save you hunting around for it). Replace what is in your resource.cfg file with this:

Priority 500
    PackedFile *.package
    PackedFile */*.package
    PackedFile */*/*.package
    PackedFile */*/*/*.package
    PackedFile */*/*/*/*.package
    PackedFile */*/*/*/*/*.package

This will allow you to have a file structure 5 levels deep.

So you can create folders like:

_tryout
    Accessories
    FaceOverlays
    GameMods
    Hair
    Makeup
    Skins

And so on...

Each of those folders can have sub folders. This makes it much easier to add/remove mods and CC. I use the _tryoutfolder to. well try stuff out I am not sure about. If I like it, then I move it to one of my subfolders.

Enjoy :)
    Awake.
    Shake dreams from your hair
    My pretty child, my sweet one.
    Choose the day and choose the sign of your day
    The day's divinity....
    The Ghost Song - Jim Morrison
  • Options
    Snosrap522Snosrap522 Posts: 754 Member
    I agree with ModerateOsprey
    CC cannot break your computer and it is very easy to add and remove in sims 4. Follow all the advice as above and test in game. I keep all my files in date order.
    The most dangerous thing is you could get addicted to downloading.