Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Only one saved game at a time?

I got the Sims 4 for Christmas, so I am still very new to it. I would like to make another family, but I don't really like that I have to put them in the same 'Saved World' as my first family. I don't want my first family to age while I'm playing the second one. So my question is, is there a way to have different saves like in Sims 3?
funny-kitten-scared-of-a-lizard_zps4fet4xdj.gif

Comments

• Options
    EvalenEvalen Posts: 10,223 Member
    edited January 2015
    You don't have to put them in the same world. when you go to play, before you click on for your save file game. UP top you will see a + sign, click on the + sign for a new world, You can then save that world for the other family and they will not be in the same world.
  • Options
    PiperbirdPiperbird Posts: 4,161 Member
    Sure is! Up on the top right of the screen you will see a "+". if you start a new game from there, they will be in a new version of the same world.
    Visit me in the gallery! CC-free builds under origin name Piperbird!
    06-01-15_5-18nbspPM_zps8s8jcirw.png
  • Options
    VespidaeVespidae Posts: 3,354 Member
    Thank you both! :) I do feel kinda dumb now though... lol
  • Options
    SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    sshaw1 wrote: »
    Don't worry... I couldn't figure it out ether when I first got the game.

i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    Also, if you did make a new family in the same save, there is a way to make sure the first family does not age. Just set "Auto Age (Played Sims)" to "Only Active Household." Your played families will age only when you're actually playing them.
  • Options
    YellowJaneYellowJane Posts: 6,589 Member
    Evalen wrote: »
    You don't have to put them in the same world. when you go to play, before you click on for your save file game. UP top you will see a + sign, click on the + sign for a new world, You can then save that world for the other family and they will not be in the same world.

Ah. Thanks for this - I did wonder why my Sims were appearing from *ahem* different games, in my each other's worlds. That explains a lot XD
  • Options
    alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    Yes and use "save as" to give it a unique name you will remember in the future especially if you want to return to your prior save. I always need to remind myself to have a specific save name so I can remember exactly which game to load. :)
  • Options
    EvalenEvalen Posts: 10,223 Member
    Don't worry it is kind of a crazy symbol a + , who would think.
  • Options
    Shadecaster101Shadecaster101 Posts: 1,343 Member
    Don't feel bad. I got it for Christmas and had the same issue. They hid it away near the top, so I had to search to find it the first time I wanted to start a new save file. Also, the aging options are more in depth this time around (more catered towards rotational play), so you can play two households in the same save file and only have one of them age.
  • Options
    NOVEMBER_11SARAHNOVEMBER_11SARAH Posts: 767 Member
    GoMsBN7.png

You just click on the button in the red circle.
    New Zealand!!!
    I have dyslexia so my grammar sucks.
    Sim Story:
    https://smfblog11.wordpress.com/
    Simblr:
    http://thestrangenessofstrangetown.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    VespidaeVespidae Posts: 3,354 Member
    Thank you everyone for the help! :)
  • Options
    davina1221davina1221 Posts: 3,656 Member
    edited January 2015

No need to feel bad as different simmers play different and it takes time to find everything. Same happened to me for a little bit until I accidently discovered it. I just recently discovered the button to put more than one set of clothes on a sim in CAS(I think the reason I didn't find it before was because it was never important for me until I finally wanted to know).