Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Best 1st Pack Release EVER!

Us over at simblr are just AMAZED at all the quality clothing and hair content! You really did a PHENOMENAL job this time EA! Maaad Kudos!
tumblr_ni4s5t6OrW1rk8hu7o1_1280.jpg
MAAAD Kudos EA!

They SNAPPED! They must of hired a professional hair & clothing crew! There is NO denying they did a great job with clothing. ALL of the new boots are SWEET. Clothing in-game is so dang nice, (for once) that I don’t even “dl” clothing cc.

Thanks EA.

tumblr_ni4tmnMw751rk8hu7o1_1280.png
EPIC!

I swear, I JUST asked 2 people in the past few days to re-create the TS2 winter hat and now LOOK…

…I just CAN’T deal!…

I can’t even go camping because I can’t get out of the closet.

(I believe I just drooled on myself. Clean up in isle 5!)

This just ranked the best 1st SP, GP, release ever. Top THAT.

*drops mic*
tumblr_or1ub9LXUf1rk8hu7o1_r1_1280.png

Comments

• GruffmanGruffman Posts: 4,831 Member
    that kids hat is adorable ...

now we need cold weather ... having sims in perma summer kinda just ....
  • bsimthbsimth Posts: 82 Member
    @Gruffman: I AGREE with you whole-heartily! I'm like man, how am I wearing this sweater in dead summer? lol I wait until dawn just to get the "cool breeze" feel or aspect of camping. :p

• bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,377 Member
    I just finished watching the LB and GF looks huge, nice change from the 2 worlds we are limited to. I will be buying later but wanted to say, so glad to see Sarah back in the LB seat. I just love her, she's so natural and funny in front of the camera...her constant, "Oh look, a bird!" cracked me up. She's really a plus in LB, IMHO. :D
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • thesims3boythesims3boy Posts: 18,046 Member
    I bet the Sims 4 haters just LOVE how well people have perceived this game pack.
  • AshkevronAshkevron Posts: 579 Member
    I was originally not overly excited about this pack. The whole not being able to move there thing had me down but I figured a mod will eventually (probably pretty quickly) be released on MTS. I just had visions of the travel destinations in Sims 3 and was really not looking forward to it.

To say I was pleasantly surprised would be an understatement. I had about a half hour or so before the live twitch feed and was very excited by all the new stuff the pack came with. Really pleased that you can buy the tents, campfires, coolers, air matttresses, outdoor showers... you can buy it all and use in the two original worlds. This is great for those of us who like to play the rags to riches or homeless challenges. Turning one of the city parks into a homeless camp is first on my list.

Then I watched the twitch feed and saw all the other things that I missed in that half hour I played around with it. Just so many cool things.

This pack gives me hope for when (not if) they release a dlc that has working apartments.
  • bsimthbsimth Posts: 82 Member
    @ashkevron: I was with you on this one. Honestly though, I'm really satisfied with this GP. Same price as the original SP's. Tops it because it has SO much to offer. The quality of the hairs alone are what my buddies over @ simblr are raving about.

@Ultra: Keep living in hope my friend! I do too. I must say that I'm an avid simmer. Being in the game since TS1 and creating for "lack thereof" since TS2. I promise I wouldn't lie to you on this one. Many good things in here. I'm VERY pleased that I don't have to create myself. I'll stay focused on creating clutter cc if they keep up this amazing work!

• MrSimmisMrSimmis Posts: 1,693 Member
    I really like this pack! Sure it's not expansion level but it's really enjoyable!
  • DarleymikeyDarleymikey Posts: 4,047 Member
    edited January 2015
    I bet the Sims 4 haters just LOVE how well people have perceived this game pack.
    PT Barnum has a quote attributed to him that probably best sums up what Sims 4 'haters' think of the pack's reception. Please, enjoy your game.

Those pics from CAS do like nice, I will admit.
    wallshot_zps9l41abih.jpg
  • nanashi-simsnanashi-sims Posts: 4,140 Member
    edited January 2015

You're right. I think this is an awesome GP idea and yet I've uninstalled TS4 because the latest patch killed my game--and I was already of the opinion that the base game was a bit lame despite its potential. That said, it's nice to see that the GP is well received for the fans who already like the game.

I don't plan on reinstalling until the game has been and all of its EPs and GPs have been out and bug-fixed for years and toddlers are brought back, both of these things will need to occur or else, I'll just wait for TS5. If toddlers are not brought back and the game remains as buggy as the last patch then I hope it fails. So I guess this puts me in the category of 'hater', yes? Nevertheless, I look forward to seeing the beautiful screencaps from this GP and I sincerely think that everyone who invests will have a blast--and consider that to be a good thing.

So I hope you are happy knowing that you are right... or were you just being a bit of a jerk and your comment was not meant to be taken at face value? :smirk:
  • Joey2eyeballJoey2eyeball Posts: 1,792 Member

You're right. I think this is an awesome GP idea and yet I've uninstalled TS4 because the latest patch killed my game--and I was already of the opinion that the base game was a bit lame despite its potential. That said, it's nice to see that the GP is well received for the fans who already like the game.

I don't plan on reinstalling until the game has been and all of its EPs and GPs have been out and bug-fixed for years and toddlers are brought back, both of these things will need to occur or else, I'll just wait for TS5. If toddlers are not brought back and the game remains as buggy as the last patch then I hope it fails. So I guess this puts me in the category of 'hater', yes? Nevertheless, I look forward to seeing the beautiful screencaps from this GP and I sincerely think that everyone who invests will have a blast--and consider that to be a good thing.

So I hope you are happy knowing that you are right... or were you just being a bit of a jerk and your comment was not meant to be taken at face value? :smirk:

Your opinion is also right as well, what we all want is to play The Sims happily without frustration. There's nothing wrong with that. :)
    My name is Joseph, please don't call me Joe or Joey.

Yours sincerely, Joseph :)
  • nanashi-simsnanashi-sims Posts: 4,140 Member
    Your opinion is also right as well, what we all want is to play The Sims happily without frustration. There's nothing wrong with that. :)

Thanks for your understanding. It's nice when we can disagree about the current state of the game, but nonetheless appreciate and share our enjoyment for the Sims in general without pointlessly attacking each other for our opinions.

I just watched a Let's Play which showcased the clothing and hair and it looks like the GPs are pretty solid for adding content. As a huge BV fan, I was rather sceptical about this GP just having one location (as 3 travel locations would be $60 which is the same price as base game :disagree:) but if they stick to themes like this (and refrain from breaking the overall game each release), it seems like the GPs could be a good idea... especially for those who wait for a price drop or take advantage of an EA special. I love love love the SPs in TS2--they are as vital to me as the EPs.
  • ShuushiiShuushii Posts: 745 Member
    Ultra wrote: »

I think a lot of that sims 4 "haters" were long time fans of the series and were disappointed with a game that did not live up to the standard and expectations. These haters would indeed love if this game started to live up to its potential. I live in hope, however its still very early in its release, we will see what peoples opinions are once the "new and shiny" novelty wears off
    Thank you so much for adding that in. Just because we disagree on someone's opinion doesn't automatically mean we're "haters."

Anyways, I really did like the concept of this Game Pack but I'm standing by my word that I'm not buying it until the base game is completed or improved upon. And I'll be very glad to know if Outdoor Retreat is not another failure and actually has good content because that means that the franchise is progressing. :#
    codxHiZ.jpg
    Disclaimer: He or Him! Not a girl!
  • paperskinnypaperskinny Posts: 37 New Member
    Do you use CC for your sims? They're so pretty!
  • CinderellimouseCinderellimouse Posts: 19,380 Member
    *picks up the mic*

tumblr_mapxivE0pl1rpwhboo1_500.gif

I love your sim!

Yeah, I definitely agree! I think it's an awesome pack!

*hogs the mic*
  • hirondelle09hirondelle09 Posts: 175 Member
    Omg I know, the boots are so ON POINT. And the graphics/world really impressed me as well!! I expected a bit more from the pack tbh but I'm pretty satisfied :D
    disneylegacy.jpg?w=764&h=261
  • davina1221davina1221 Posts: 3,656 Member
    Gruffman wrote: »
    that kids hat is adorable ...

now we need cold weather ... having sims in perma summer kinda just ....

Yes. Either Seasons or Generational type EP is what I would like to see for the first EP. Plus, maybe if they get those out of the way earlier, it will be easier to code in?

• davina1221davina1221 Posts: 3,656 Member
    Just like to add my thanks to the team. I loved the content on all levels. I'm usually not a hair/clothes person, but there was some great work there. The furniture was nice and can be used in several diff ways. The ability to take anyone from the friend list is so great. I was hoping for a flashlight, hammock, and two eye stove that can be put on a counter, but maybe with something else that has campers. Campers would be neat for sims. I think I will head to the idea section and list that once again.
  • PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member

You know there really aren't many....as you call them....haters. Your comment comes across as a little mean spirited.

There are a lot of disappointed people who wanted more or other things in the game. The people you are apparently talking about are the same ones who want to derail a lot of threads or have nothing at all positive to say about the game.

I'm very disappointed in TS4. I'm one of the players who wanted it to be different than it turned out. Before the release I was excited about the game only to be let down by the game play.

That being said I was impressed with how well the GP appears to be done. I haven't bought it because I don't know that it would enhance the game play. I haven't uninstalled TS4 but I don't have a lot of play time racked up. The people who are happy with the game also seem to be happy with the GP.

I do know I like the looks of it more than the horrible pink trees. If it had been added as an additional neighborhood to live in instead of just a vacation I might have bought it.

"People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • BlindxSecretsBlindxSecrets Posts: 652 Member
    I agree 100%. In regards to the Sims3, I always hated the clothing and most of the furniture and kept hoping that the next pack (either expansion or stuff) would have nicer stuff but.....I don't know, it was always a mixed bag for me. But with S4 and this pack even, the clothes and furniture are amazing and I really hope they continue to be. The quality is outstanding!
    The Noble Legacy (A Prettacy)
    Origin ID: BlindxSecrets
  • smoothyrus129smoothyrus129 Posts: 1,440 Member
    Boots. *_* Now I really do need this game pack!
  • BlindxSecretsBlindxSecrets Posts: 652 Member
    @smoothyrus129 Yes! There are actually quite a few shoes, I was pretty surprised (happily so). I can take a picture of them if you want to see, lol.
    The Noble Legacy (A Prettacy)
    Origin ID: BlindxSecrets
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    ajoya wrote: »
    Us over at simblr are just AMAZED at all the quality clothing and hair content! You really did a PHENOMENAL job this time EA! Maaad Kudos!
    tumblr_ni4s5t6OrW1rk8hu7o1_1280.jpg
    MAAAD Kudos EA!

They SNAPPED! They must of hired a professional hair & clothing crew! There is NO denying they did a great job with clothing. ALL of the new boots are SWEET. Clothing in-game is so dang nice, (for once) that I don’t even “dl” clothing cc.

Thanks EA.

tumblr_ni4tmnMw751rk8hu7o1_1280.png
    EPIC!

I swear, I JUST asked 2 people in the past few days to re-create the TS2 winter hat and now LOOK…

…I just CAN’T deal!…

I can’t even go camping because I can’t get out of the closet.

(I believe I just drooled on myself. Clean up in isle 5!)

This just ranked the best 1st SP, GP, release ever. Top THAT.

*drops mic*

I agree with you, the content on this pack was amazingly done! The hairs are gourgeous and so are the clothes, I love how they captured the hole camping theme on this game pack, really well done. I do feel like sims are in fact taking a vacation and chilling, which did not happen in World Adventures. I hope the next ones will be as good or better! :)
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • smoothyrus129smoothyrus129 Posts: 1,440 Member
    @BlindxSecrets ooh, I'd love to see the other new shoes. I'm just a huge boot fanatic, so seeing such nice new boots is fantastic (especially since it's for a camping pack ... I remember being so disgruntled that there weren't nearly enough new adventuring boots in the World Adventures EP for TS3).
  • EvalenEvalen Posts: 10,223 Member
    I love all the stuff that came with this GP, you can use it for poor sims, starting with just a tent. The world is nice too. My sims are doing a three day stay, I found out they can sell all the stuff they find, fishing and etc. When they get back they will be broke I guess, I am trying to get them to sell some finds in order to replace the money they have spent oh their vacation.
    I use some of the furniture in their home town home, as they are living in a cabin and it just went with it. Can't wait to see what the next GP will be. We could get a winter vacation, like in sims 2, I always loved that one.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top