Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What happened in your sims 3 game today?

Comments

• GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,080 Member
    @emorrill
    I'm terrible at decorating, so I just downloaded a different castle and will leave the main castle as no visitors allowed.I love the exterior of praaven castle, but the interior could use a revamp, especially the throne room.

Thanks! Glad you like my use of words with this story.=) Yes, the dress I found on Emily's CC thread where you asked her to fix.
  • Silverofdreams30Silverofdreams30 Posts: 7,200 Member
    playing a random save in Bridgeport

fqennnX.jpg

h5QZ3ie.jpg

Edited townies ( cc only)
  • SprottenhamSprottenham Posts: 1,143 Member
    Chapter 19.4 – Sunset Valley April 2023: Part I – The Motor-Karlsen family.

rFqlk94.jpg

It's back to the beachfront houses again, because just across the street from Motor-Notesen familys home lives the Motor-Karlsen family.. with another family member whose birthday is coming up soon. ;) However, I will follow them for a day first, before doing the birthday celebration, so as to not have to many of them back to back. :P

GalZFc0.jpg

The one to age up soon is this young fellow, Walter Motor-Karlsen. A relatively unwritten page so far, as he has mostly just made an appearance here and there because he had to for various family photos.. :P And of course, he's not sleeping, but wide awake..

eQiPggv.jpg

These are his parents, Sofie and Eivind Motor-Karlsen. His mother Sofie appears to have developed an uncanny ability to sleep with not just one, but both of her eyes wide open... on high alert, in case her toddler should need something perhaps? Or something else should happen? Or maybe she's in a state of sleep paralysis... Hmm, interesting...
    ..waiting for the sandman, but the sandman never came...

xE1Uw3H.jpg

She looks a lot more relaxed whenever she is hugged by her husband (or vice versa), but as soon as he turns away, her eyes are wide open again...

47AYDAS.jpg

----

AbOWK6k.jpg

Her husband, Eivind, aspires to be an astronaut, and as such he has chosen a career with the military (which means he is the first one that has to wake up because his job starts early). He really hopes to achieve his goal of viewing the Simtopian Planet from space.. They're not just sending anyone out there, one has to pass rigorous health examinations, and of course, be in perfect physical (and mental) condition. He's not that far away from his goal, as he's already flying high as a jet fighter pilot on level 9 of his career. Well, he certainly has his physical condition under control, so that shouldn't pose a problem..

c5INsBS.jpg

Starting the day with a healthy salad. Must not gain to much weight... Now, Eivind is the brother of both Monica and Ranveig (and the son of Eirin), and as such he has also inherited the same, err, mental affliction, but since he made it so far in his military career, it can't be that bad for him..

Lfu5ano.jpg

On his way to work, he exited through the balcony door, because they had just finished expanding the house with another new bedroom for Walter, which meant moving around a few things.. and somehow the builders had forgotten to put the front porch stairs back in place... they realized their mistake a little later, and came back to fix it just before Kleopatra, the teenage daughter of the house, had to go to school... ;)

iIVcMrh.jpg

Kleopatra can often be a little grumpy, if not downright hot-headed, but it looks like she wakes up with a good mood today... Good morning. ;)

Lh6TKjG.jpg

Well, it was a good morning.. until she went upstairs to have breakfast and heard the sound of her younger brother crying..

Continues in spoiler.

J8Dgb89.jpg

In the meantime, Sofie had woken up to the same sound, but she wasn't grumpy about it, like I expected her to.. Instead her sons crying made her think of band aids, but no one had suffered any injury here.. He was just hungry, so it was good...

AHKn9Ly.jpg

Sofie thought about the birthday gift she wanted to buy for Walter, as she went into the kitchen to prepare breakfast for herself..

8glpF7h.jpg

Cooking is one of Sofies favorite things, something she had to teach herself early, when she lived at home with her dad and older brother Jonathan... With her mom absent from the household, she sort of took on the role as the mother of the house, and decided to do the cooking after she had enough of her fathers burnt toast.... Sofie didn't really know what a mom was until she became one herself... but that's all in the rear view mirror..

Sofie started her career as a teenager working in the vegetable section at the local grocery store (so many interesting ingredients..), before she got a job right across the street at the Corsican Bistro once she became a young adult. Sofie takes great pride in her cooking skills, and all of the recipes that she has memorized.. She is definately a walking library of culinarity.. :P

rq8oopG.jpg

Kleopatra uses the front porch staircase to go to school... An expanded section of the hallway and Walters new bedroom is behind her, above the entrance to their new garage that they also built in the basement of the house.

MT2JAqx.png

Translation of pop-up: "We have so much in common. I would like to get to know you better."
    Someone is throwing curled paper balls torn from their notebook at Kleopatra from the back of the classroom making a romantic advance on Kleopatra when she is in school. I think his name is Otto Hillestad, son of Haldis Hillestad. She is a single mom living with her son in the lot called The Cormorant at 180 Wright Way. I don't know much about this family, I have only seen them around town occasionally. If Otto is serious and not just being a teenage dir.. uhmm... goofball, maybe we'll learn more about them eventually. :P (..and perhaps they'll hang out and listen to medieval torture instrument music Iron Maiden, maybe..)

nZ05vFB.jpg

With Eivind and Kleopatra out of the house, Sofie and Walter would spend some time on the couch in their sleepwear playing video games and watching the cooking channel...

2kdYe9y.jpg

..until Walter gets tired and has to sleep.

tbpyH9m.jpg

Then Sofie goes back to playing computer games, with the cooking channel still on in the background. :P

Rymz5q5.jpg

Eivind gets home from work and wants to upgrade the computer in their bedroom, but it's broken so he has to repair it first.. His attempt of doing so is unsuccessful, and when it zaps him, he decides to call a professional to do the job instead...

I4JBH9z.jpg
    Kleopatra returns home from school, and Sofie wants to go fishing to catch some fresh ingredients for her cooking.. She waits for the weather to clear up, but it doesn't seem to want to, as it pretty much just rained all day..

xNLIBGb.jpg

Kleopatra is inspired by her mom and wants to learn the cooking skill, so she goes to make the most advanced thing she knows.. hot dogs. ;)

1bduXTx.jpg

"Hmmm... how long should these be in here?"

UYhnRG3.jpg

Still haven't gotten her first skill point, she tries to step it up a notch by making tofu hot dogs this time..

uOP5mKR.jpg

Sofie notices her daughters cooking, but doesn't say much about it. "It's better she experiments in the kitchen, instead of being out doing mischief... I don't want to see my daughter turn into another case of wasted youth... but really, do we need all these hot dogs?"

J9itY2G.jpg

Kleopatra isn't done cooking, however, as she moves on to make macaroni and cheese. :P Probably the most simple dish anyone can make, but atleast it serves a purpose and she obtains the skill point that she wanted. ;)

aGLPEKb.jpg

Kristina, Kleopatras classmate and friend, has also been out improving her skills, as she just reached level 4 in writing...

Zgx3gth.png

Kristinas older sister Inge better watch her back now, Kristina is gaining on her! ;)

lJN1sIO.jpg

Kleopatra eats a bowl of her macaroni and cheese while spending some time watching the cooking channel, when she thinks of another skill she wants to learn.. and she knows just the place to do it..

Kleopatra: I'm heading out mom! I'll go bowling with uh.. Margrethe and some other friends.

Sofie: Ok, have fun and don't be out to late.. I suppose you've already done your homework?

Kleopatra:
    Yes, mom.. todays homework was really easy, I finished it at school already....

c8nUeSU.jpg

Liar liar! Kleopatra doesn't go bowling at all...and she hasn't as much as looked at her homework.. instead she goes to the rebel hangout, for one specific reason..

jiJFo61.jpg

She has heard that if she goes to the Youngmob cafeteria on the first floor and talk to the man behind the counter, she can buy a starter street art kit.. and if she buys an energy drink with it, she'll even get a special discount. ;)

EQQ8WpR.jpg

It's illegal in the Kingdom of Simbria to sell energy drinks to anyone below the age of 16, but the cafeteria employee didn't excactly ask her age, and he probably didn't care about breaking the rules either... and neither does Kleopatra, as long as mom and dad doesn't find out.. :P

yWZdSif.jpg

Energized by the energy drink, she goes into the cafeteria bathroom to practice another skill.. The police, if they found out, would usually frown upon this kind of activity, however, the rebel hangout is governed by kids and young adults with a more... anarchistic way of thinking... and so they allow their guests to practice and pretty much do what they want, as long as they are not actively actually destroying something..

BHH6It8.jpg

Wish granted. ;) And no police in sight...

IphJqaf.jpg

It's not a very advanced piece, she could do with a little more practice, but Kleopatra is still happy to have left her mark. - in Chuck Berry red. ;) Maybe with some practice she'll be able to use colours she has never even seen before...

njvEHXF.jpg

And now, energized by her recent work of art, she ran up to the second floor of the building where she met someone I wasn't expecting her to find there...

1Nzurnh.jpg

Her aunt Helene... I'm not sure how hanging out at the rebel hangout is gonna help with her social standing.. ;) I don't think her desired social circle will approve...

Lht9Z2j.jpg

..or maybe that's not so important when there's an opportunity to brag about her husbands red sports vehicle.. their very own paradise by the dashboard light...

ZjSMfRk.jpg

That is of course the stupidest thing Kleopatra has ever heard, and just as quickly as she made a new friend in her aunt, she lost one again...

nQ77lmF.jpg

..but she was still energized by the drink, and kept on doing what she came there for, to dance throughout the night, as she watched Lisa Bunch set a strange example of flirting with elderly..

jZ40QZf.jpg

She kept dancing until suddenly the energy ran out, and she decided to head home, with almost perfect timing, only a short moment after the curfew came into effect..

EcC7Nty.jpg

..where she could creep in the shadows and sneak into bed without anyone noticing...

v1omHXR.jpg

...as mommy and daddy was sleeping in the moonlight. Good night. ;)

dNPy63k.png
    th1das9.png
    Sub blogs: #01 Sunset Valley. #02: Lake Onebega #03: Sprottenham #04: Bewickton
  • BrandontaylorBrandontaylor Posts: 4,773 Member
    I did a redo of my Sunset Valley save that I mentioned a few posts again. I have never played some families in the town, so I thought it'd be nice to do so for a second "story" to post here. So far, I have only played the Alvi family and the Bunch family in this save. My Goth family will also be continued, as I have another update to post. Anyway, my plan for Sunset Valley is to have each Sim accomplish their LTW as well as to grant them most, if not all, of their wishes while also growing each individual family. Makeovers will probably be done to everyone as I go along, but it's not a priority at first.

SblV5Nm.jpg
    ySSV3HS.jpg
    First of all, I started with the Alvi family. For those who don't play in Sunset Valley, Iqbal Alvi is a single father with two sons, VJ and Miraj. Iqbal works in the business career, but isn't really driven to accomplish much at work. He is only at level 3 in the career and the family only has $600 to start with. Iqbal would rather be out fishing to fulfill his LTW, or sitting on the couch watching TV. Something happened in his past that caused his wife to leave him, and whatever it was caused a falling out between him and VJ. VJ is kind of a rebel child and one of his main traits is that he is evil. Miraj is neat and good, but I didn't really do much with him at this point.

Zrfnpol.jpg
    8J2J78c.jpg
    VJ and Miraj get along for the most part, although VJ does like to scare him some. He also patronizes Miraj, although he also tries to teach him how to be cool.

E9pKc9B.jpg
    VJ is good friends with a girl named Lisa Bunch, but the wiki mentions that these two sometimes become a couple with story progression. It is clear that they have attraction to one another, so I decided I'd put these two together. In my Goth save, however, story progression put VJ with Kaylynn Langerak and they had Dwight Langerak together.

2j8ZzlP.jpg
    Initially, Iqbal doesn't know Lisa, which I take to mean that VJ never invited her over before Sunset Valley "starts".

SaJCePE.jpg
    Another thing that VJ likes is to play pranks. He set the toilet up so that it would spray the first person to use it. He made sure that he didn't use the toilet until either Iqbal or Miraj used it.

6Ti76dC.jpg
    Iqbal tried to discuss his job with Lisa but it was clear that she was bored by this. I don't blame her though, who wants to hear about work when you're a teenager unless you have a job.

AnxyFCr.jpg
    Iqbal isn't much of a cook so he ordered a pizza for supper. He ate a couple pieces, as did Lisa. After supper, VJ got a wish to have a pillow fight with Lisa. Wish granted.

j1dEQvO.jpg
    Later on, Iqbal and VJ got into a bit of an argument. Here, VJ is complaining that Iqbal is a couch potato, implying that this is the reason they are poor.

D8Sai6q.jpg
    Just an extra picture from inside the school as several kids and teens try to get into the building.

YXssugF.jpg
    Iqbal went to the library to make a dating profile and when I tried to send him home, he cancelled the interaction. This is because he has the absent-minded trait.

V35nrj6.jpg
    VJ wanted to go to the Bunch's after school so I clicked yes on the popup. He only knew Lisa at this point, but since Ethan joined them to do homework, he got to know him a bit too.

V3cUusb.jpg
    VJ had a wish to kiss Lisa so I granted that one, especially since it goes with my plans for the save. They also become an official couple now and will date throughout the save. At this point, I'm considering them to both be freshmen in high school and I will change their looks when I come back to them later in the save.

65BiBbg.jpg
    People were getting hungry so I switched over to the Bunch's just for a minute to have Judy start to cook something. Judy is the mother to the four children, Ethan, Lisa, Arlo, and Darlene, yet she doesn't even have any cooking skills. They ended up eating outside since there were picnic tables there but it was raining outside so I'm sure their hotdogs got soggy. Also, I never saw that Parker Langerak was there, yet he showed up when everybody was called to the meal.

vJnH48b.jpg
    The Bunch's only have enough beds for them and their kids so I had to buy a sleeping bag for VJ. Luckily, I had Iqbal sell some junk outside their home, and he also got a raise and a paycheck at work.

That's the end of the Alvi's for this rotation. The next posted update will be the Bunch family, although VJ will make appearances as well.
  • BrandontaylorBrandontaylor Posts: 4,773 Member
    Sunset Valley - Bunch Family

YJdDp2e.jpg
    In the last post, VJ Alvi stayed the night at Lisa Bunch's house. Lisa just finished in the bathroom when VJ came in to give her a hug. Lisa is a snobby teenaged girl and is also a Kleptomaniac. She only has three traits, even though teenagers usually have four so I gave her dramatic as I feel it fits her personality. Her biography mentions that she is charismatic, but she doesn't have that trait. I may switch dramatic for charismatic, then use dramatic when she's an adult.

DdtOILa.jpg
    Lisa and VJ played chess together. VJ has no skills at the beginning, but Lisa does have two charisma points, which might be where the charisma comes from in her bio, rather than being from the trait.

WNTD4oW.jpg
    Judy needs the gardening skill since she is in the science career. It might be better if I have her plant a bigger garden, but since I'm rotating through families, it might be harder to take care of the plants.

5ZcP1hs.jpg
    When Jack finished working for the day, I had him go to the gym. He was level eight in the military career but his LTW is to be a professional sports player. I had him retire from the military and start working in sports.

gdbsFxh.jpg
    The television had broken at some point, so I had Judy work on fixing it. Both she and Jack have skill points in handiness as their careers required it.

d89LcwE.jpg
    Unlike VJ, Lisa will do her homework more often. I had VJ skip out on homework one day, but he did do it with Lisa and Ethan when he visited last update.

C9JTzKl.jpg
    Early the next morning, Lisa chatted with VJ on the phone. With school, it doesn't leave much time to invite him over again.

scy1Omu.jpg
    Lisa broke the toilet after using it so she had to use the plunger to fix it. Does it sound like something she would do? Not really, but I made her do it anyway.

K13kbQo.jpg
    Lisa decided to start up an exercise regiment. She is a bit obsessed with her looks so she definitely wants to stay in shape.

w44BbnU.jpg
    To end the update, I decided to have Jack and Judy have their 5th child that she wants. From experience, I know their kids do not turn out well but I will allow myself a slight bit of tweaking if need be.
    Trying to find a castle is proving quite difficult. I love Castle Praaven, but it needs to be redecorated and I lack interior design skills.The one I downloaded is great! But it lags so much.
  • emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,118 Member
    @lisasc360 Hmm, thanks for the info from EA Cade. (And just when I was learning the new system. :lol: ) I guess it just wasn't working out or too many people were complaining...
    Or maybe they're going to come up with a tutorial video to show people how to use it before releasing it again. Who knows.
    #LongliveBBCODE :star:

@GraceyManor Girl give decorating Praaven castle a try, that's how you gain the experience. ;) Just like with your writing. You can do it. 👍🏻

@Brandontaylor and @Sprottenham Enjoyed y'all's posts as always. :blush:
    52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg
    @emorrill
    I really can't, my interior skills leaves much to be desired. XD
    Plus I don't have much in the way of medieval items for furniture.
    edited February 2023
    Screenshot-5.jpg
    Evelyn stands up "Thank you Arthur." Its the first time the King gets to get a good look at her appearance. She has lovely brown hair, and deep blue eyes, her skin is soft and pale, and lips red as a rose.

Screenshot-72.jpg
    He smiles at her.
    "You are very beautiful, you know. You look very kind as well."
    He pauses.
    "So what is your story, miss? Why were you in so much debt you would be working for that madman all day and all night?"

Screenshot-5.jpg
    "My father died before I was born. After I was born, my mother started running low on food. Mr. Hopkins, allowed folks to use credit to buy items, which he allowed mother to. She put down my grandmother's ruby necklace as a downpayment and started making payments weekly. When I got older, she had nearly had all the debt paid off, however Mr. Hopkins decided to charge interest and said we owed all that back interest as well. My mother developed scarlet fever not so long ago, and passed away and obviously stopped making payments. I approached Mr. Hopkins and offered to work off my debt, but he refused me and that is the conversation you walked in on. He only let me work for him after that because he feared you, but He said for so much debt I was to work 11 hr shifts and the pay would go directly to debt."

King Arthur's jaw hits the floor. His face darkens with anger in a way Evelyn has never seen.

"You poor, poor girl. Hopkins, you monster. I had thought he just took advantage of you, but he went too far. This isn't even close to a fair work arrangement. Evelyn, in my kingdom, you will never be treated that way again.

"Would you like to join the royal court as my personal maid, or would you like to enter another arrangement to work off your debt to me?

"I'd be happy to work off my debt as your personal maid, Arthur. I have no qualms with working of a debt that is rightly owed." She nodded politely.

That is great to hear. Then your new duties as a royal maid will begin tomorrow. You shall have a beautiful room, and any items you need will be provided. You will be dressed in clothing befitting your position, and you shall attend my court meetings when I require. Is that understood?"

"Yes of course. Thank you."

"You are welcome, Evelyn. You are a hard worker and a good person. You will be great with the court. You will attend court meetings when they happen, and I will personally ensure that everything you do for the kingdom is fairly compensated. I can see that you are a diamond in the rough. You are the type of person any great king would be proud to have in his court."

Arthur smiles at her once more.

The next morning...

Screenshot-15.jpg
    "Lady Evelyn, my dear its time to get up and get washed." A perky little maid
    said as she entered Evelyn's room.

Screenshot-16.jpg
    Evelyn rubbed her eyes, and stretched. "What time is it?' She asked.
    "3:00 AM" The maid responded. "As First Hand Maiden to his Majesty, you
    are expected to be up before dawn, to prep the dining hall for breakfast. Come. child.
    Its time for us to bathe."

Screenshot-17.jpg
    "Today, I will have you set the dining tables, and wake his Majesty for breakfast,
    while I prepare the food." Evelyn nodded, and headed to the dining room.

Screenshot-18.jpg
    Her first day as a royal maid was not an easy one. She had to help prepare the King's court meetings by setting up tables and ensuring there was enough food and drink for the attendants of the meeting. She had to clean and maintain the court, the King's room, and the throne room. This was a hard day, and was full of work, but the people she was working with were kind and helped her to learn her responsibilities and showed her how to do everything. This was much different than the store she had worked in.

Evelyn made sure every table was set up quite beautifully. "I think that should do it." She said as she straightened a cup.

Screenshot-19.jpg
    When Evelyn finishes cleaning, she is told that there is one last job to be done. The king's bath has to be heated and filled. This is a common job for a royal maid.

She goes to the bath, takes her time lighting the brazers by the bath, and then starts heating the water. It is going to take about half an hour to heat the water to the right temperature so that it isn't too hot for the king.

"Your Majesty, your bathe is drawn." Evelyn said, as she drew the curtains open.
    "Thank you, Evelyn. I will be down shortly." The king responded. Evelyn bowed and exited the room.

She is then told that she has the rest of the day off, as she has done well and finished all of her work.

Screenshot-20.jpg

Evelyn goes out to the courtyard , she takes out her paints and begins to paint as she sits under a tree.

As she looks up, King Arthur smiles back at her and waves from up high. She is far away, so he has to make sure she knows he is waving at her, so he takes out his sword and holds it up as if it were a flag. It is the only thing that is bright enough to be seen from her distance, and he waves it up and down to ensure that Evelyn knows that he is waving at her.

Screenshot-21.jpg
    Evelyn smiles sweetly and waves back at the King.
    As she waves, he eventually puts his sword away, and goes down the tower.
    When he reaches the bottom, he comes and sits down beside her.

Edit: Hey! We're back to our old way of posting.^_^
  • ZhakiraPZhakiraP Posts: 1,439 Member
    @emorrill
    It looks like normal again.
    I like that :D
    Love your updates from Praaven, did you start at new story set there, did I miss it?
    53218870167_a5d450f1db_h.jpg
  • SprottenhamSprottenham Posts: 1,143 Member
    edited February 2023
    @emorrill Thanks. ;)

To everyone posting those medieval shots, they look really great. Makes me feel almost strange for having storylines set in more modern ages. :P

If I were to do a medieval story, I would probably want to make it a lot more dramatic, I'd go total Game of Thrones style with it and behead everyone! :P

And then I'd play skittles....
    th1das9.png
    Sub blogs: #01 Sunset Valley. #02: Lake Onebega #03: Sprottenham #04: Bewickton
    Screenshot-22.jpg
    As she waves, he eventually puts his sword away, and goes down the tower. When he reaches the bottom, he comes and sits down beside her.

"Did you notice me watching you?" He asks with a smile.

Screenshot-23.jpg
    "I did indeed, your majesty." Evelyn said.
    He looks at her with a warm smile.

"I was watching you paint. You have a true talent with the brush. I think you will make a great painter. Have you considered doing portraits from the people you meet in my kingdom? I think many people would like them."

Screenshot-24.jpg
    I never thought about that before, But I think I might enjoy that."

He smiles.

"Then it is done. You will be known throughout the realm as the painter royal to the court. It is a respectable job in a respectable community. You can paint for the kingdom if you wish, or in your spare time. You are free to do as you wish with your art."
    Arthur then looks at her with a warm smile.
    "You have already become an important member of my kingdom. I know your art will bring joy to my people, and it makes me proud to have you here."

There is an event being held tonight for people of all different skillsets from around my kingdom. You will join us at the event, and you will be the first portrait painter the realm ever has. They are a celebration of talent and hard work, and I can think of no one better to be able to attend than you.

"Will you come with me to the celebration tonight?" Arthur asked with a warm smile.

"I would love to come with you." Evelyn smiled.

Screenshot-25.jpg
    "Great, I will go get ready and have my attendants set up an extra table for you and I. We will sit together and enjoy all of the great work that has been done. And you will be honored, you shall be the one the night will revolve around.

"I think tonight will be a great celebration. You are part of my kingdom now, Evelyn, so you have to be with us for all of our important traditions."
  • Shadow_AssassinShadow_Assassin Posts: 1,670 Member
    Immersive experience being drank by Danqing
    pS2KV56.jpg
    pS2Kn2D.jpg
    pS2K8at.jpg

Danqing's cute posture
    pS2KtG8.jpg
    pS2KYPf.jpg
    pS2KNRS.jpg

He is really...
    pS2KUxg.jpg
    Entrance to the abyss
    sims.fandom.com/wiki/User:ShadeAssassin
    It's a scratch-off ticket
    There's a "_" in my usename. My usename is Shadow_Assassin, not ShadowAssassin or others

Sometimes it's not me who talks to you, it's machine translation

She/Her but you can call me as any pronouns
  • milly001milly001 Posts: 394 Member
    edited February 2023
    I finally caved to that leisure day want and let my sim throw a pool party which he invited his whole family too, it was fun but I spent most the time taking the opportunity to get some family pics before I plough into the next generation and completely forget.

Left to Right: Solar Cosmos (founder), Lorde Elson (youngest), Andy Ashley (heir's fiance), Moody Cosmos (heir), Wren Cosmos (heir's twin), Calder Cosmos (eldest). I am playing through this challenge and hope to have gen 3 being born in the next few irl days.
    Screenshot-17.jpg

Just Gen 2 Pool Party Ready!
    Screenshot-13.jpg

Apparently I didn't actually take many pics of the party.
    Screenshot-10.jpg
    Screenshot-21.jpg
    Screenshot-23.jpg
    @GraceyManor Lol!
    Oh girl, you probably have more medieval furniture than I do, since you were hunting for cc long before I was and many of those links from years ago are gone. :grimace: Drives me bonkers. Thankfully I've been able to find a little that folks have uploaded to SFS.
    I'm really liking your new story. :) Arthur is so sweet. <3 You're doing so well writing it. Keep it up. :star:

@ZhakiraP
    Love your updates from Praaven, did you start at new story set there, did I miss it?
    ^Thank you. :blush: And no, I haven't started a new story there. (Yet. ;) ) All this cc testing is in preparation for one. :mrgreen: But it will be a long while down the road before I start writing it I'm afraid. Lots to do in Praaven. :lol: (And in real life...)

@Sprottenham It's all good. ;) Don't feel pressured. :p
    If I were to do a medieval story, I would probably want to make it a lot more dramatic, I'd go total Game of Thrones style with it and behead everyone! :P

And then I'd play skittles....
    ^LOL! :lol: I have never seen a single episode of Game of Thrones, but I get the reference. ;) (I know, craziness. :p )

@Milly001 You have very pretty sims. :blush:
  • Umbreon12Umbreon12 Posts: 881 Member
    Last time I played Sims 3 was in 2022, until I picked it up again today. I don't play Sims 3 as much since it really overheats my computer.
    I used to have more families in Sims 3, but I deleted them awhile back, except for one, and made one extra family for now.
    One family I have consists of Erna Gale, and her five cats, and Bone Hilda. Her two cats gave birth to three of them, who are still kittens. I gave her a job at the cemetery. Today she went to work, while Bone Hilda watched the house, and the cats. After work, Erna explored the catacombs, and had a bad encounter with bears. While doing so, Zombies, and a werewolf child ran around the cemetery. She went home, where she went to sleep, but woke up to tell a zombie to stop eating one of her trees. After that she went to bed.
    My other family consists of a Dracula Fanghaven, and Elsa Evergarden, and their two teen daughters. The father was a vampire, and the mother was a fairy. One daughter was a vampire, and another daughter is a fairy. Their neighbors came over, and Elsa and her fairy daughter cast an aura of soothing on everyone. Dracula and his vampire daughter had plasma drinks.
    I had to stop, because my computer started to get overheated, but that was all for the day.
    @emorrill
    Aww! Thanks, glad you like my story so far.
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_us/discussion/972472/praaven-a-medieval-fairytale-dragon-age-crossover-updated-2-28-20
    I found my old praaven save! I remember them but I can't remember where my cc came from :( lol
    Great updates everyone!
    edited February 2023
    Hey friends! I've got lots more pictures to share with y'all while testing out more medieval cc. :mrgreen: I hope it's not a bother since we've been on a medieval theme here for a hot minute. :lol:

Emorrill's Testing Medieval CC Shenanigans Part 5

So I had completely forgotten about this cc bird perch I found years ago and I don't even remember where I did, but I LOVE it! <3

52677387177_ca9a7a370e_c.jpg

At the time I don't think I tested it so I had Chase's daughter - her name is Suzette by the way. I remembered this time! :lol: - stock it.

Pretty macaw 🦜 and she seems to think so too.

52677387607_97ff70cfff_c.jpg

I was poking around buy mode and also forgot about this dragon I found years ago too! :grin: Chase be like "Holy $%#&!"

52678334875_840b38142e_c.jpg
    So detailed! :star: Not sure when I'll use a dragon while playing, or storytelling, but one can never know. ;)

I needed to look at some new hairs I found, so I aged Suzette up to YA to do so. From her current child state, making that change turned her into a midget in Live mode. :lol:

52677897851_dca070c157_c.jpg
    ^Those panties make it look like she's wearing a diaper. 🤦‍♀️ And the flippers!? What on earth? :lol:

Anyhoo, here's one of the hairs. I like it. :blush:

52678396218_584aacd534_c.jpg

I've had this TSM converted hairstyle from Danjaley in the game for a while now and I could never figure out why the ribbon tied into the hair was not a different color like they looked in the download pictures. It was colored the same as the hair. They weren't in the Hat category like I was figuring (so they could be recolored) so I thought maybe some glitch was going on, but no. I went back to their site and read about the hair and apparently to recolor the ribbon in the hair, you have to recolor the "tips." Guess they couldn't categorize it in the Hat category for some reason. Let me show you what I mean here:

52677898106_e470afddc2_c.jpg

^So yeah if you have this hair in your game, that's how you recolor the ribbon. Change the "tip" color. 👍🏻

52677388162_4be1f708da_c.jpg
    Very nice. :)

I also forgot about this hairstyle I had and I love it too. :love: (I'm pretty sure I got it from Plumblobs Retexture Catalog. )

52678335455_4e171a238b_c.jpg

And here's a random cool helmet, even for the ladies. :mrgreen:

52677388447_6c977ff6a8_c.jpg

Moving on:

This medieval toilet is the coolest thing. However after I downloaded it - another one from a few years ago - I was sad to discover that it's only a decor item and doesn't function as a toilet. :unamused: (In my excitement downloading content back then I didn't always read the description...I've learned my lesson since then. :lol: )

52677388717_823693bca5_c.jpg

So I had this idea that maybe if I merged it with the "Chamber pot" toilet from DV (using MOO), perhaps sims would use it like a toilet...

52678186599_13758d44e9_c.jpg

...unfortunately not.

52678186754_55f96658bd_c.jpg

Oh well, it was worth a try. Because I've merged some items together with MOO before and the items were still functionable, but anyhoo...

These custom stone paths are cool! These are just a couple of about 6 styles. (Can't remember where I found them, sorry.)

52678186929_f0393c5760_c.jpg

52678397668_fca96bc96f_c.jpg

Kitty was being adorable rolling around on the floor again so I had to snap a few pictures. :blush: I've missed playing with Pets.

52678397828_db9176a3c5_c.jpg

52677389557_12a7f86abd_c.jpg

52678187409_2957fcdec1_c.jpg

52678398073_900e96ca74_c.jpg
    :lol:

Mad aerobics skills! :star::lol:
    52678398193_20ef91e24f_c.jpg

The Macaw staring flying around so I had to take a picture of that. <3

52677390032_546c133129_c.jpg

I don't know how I never noticed sims sticking their tongues out to catch raindrops. :grin: I thought they only did that with snowflakes!

52678398688_679868587b_c.jpg

This owl goes with a set and is meant to perch on something else, not a fence, but I wanted to take a quick look at it. (From Jennisims).

52678188309_f6728833e0_c.jpg

Lastly I sent Suzette into Town (the castle keep area) to sign up for homeschooling. While there, she visited the market and didn't care for the produce offered there so she ate some grapes from her inventory instead. :lol:

52678188439_cbc4a01df6_c.jpg
    Merchant selling the produce: "Kid, you can't eat those here." :joy:

By the time she made it home the sun had already set. Chase was anxiously waiting for her in the pouring rain.

"Where have you been young lady?" :p

52678393948_43978d3aa6_c.jpg

Anyway, that's it from me for now. More to come later. :blush:

Happy Simming everyone! :)
  • SleepstarSleepstar Posts: 816 Member
    Working on some fan art, in light of the recent Nintendo Direct news (It's for a puzzle-adventure game series that has recently got a new game announced. Many people have thought the game developer was going to stick to releasing games in Japan only, but the announcement of three games from this developer surprised everyone, including a Fantasy Life sequel. Details are scarce at the moment, and it could release in either 2023 or 2024. Hopefully it may mean the two trilogies will make it onto the Switch), plus I have been dealing with a cold lately.
    Currently aiming to get all harvestable produce in The Sims 3 (One EP left)Will complete a Legacy one dayhttps://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=katcalls2k907 (My Wishlist)
    Screenshot-35.jpg
    ""It looks like your skills have paid off. These will all be perfect for being my personal maid. But Evelyn, these things really are skills of a royal maid, and not just any maid in the kingdom. Was your mother a royal? And, if you don't mind me asking, who are your parents?" He looks at her expectantly and is curious as to her past."

"Margaret and Thomas Bennet. I never knew my father he died before I was born. No, we don't come from a line of royalty."

"I have to say, I really do admire your talents, and I will make sure all of your governesses will know all of your skills. You are going to make a wonderful royal maid, Evelyn. This is going to be a wonderful home for you."

He looks at her with a kind and loving face, and he places his hand on her shoulder.

"I already feel at home." Evelyn responded with a warm smile

"I must say, I am very proud of you, Evelyn. Your skills will serve my court well, and I am confident that you will receive all the love and care you need to flourish in my kingdom. I want you to know that I am very happy to have you here, and as your King, I promise you will never have to worry about Hopkins ever again."

With that, he picks her up and spins her around gently, quite playfully.

Evelyn giggles playfully at being spun around.

Screenshot-37.jpg
    He eventually stops the spinning, and looks down at her.

"You are truly beautiful, Evelyn. I'm proud to have you as a part of my kingdom. We are going to do so many great things together."

Screenshot-46.jpg
    "Good morning, your majesty. Your bath is ready." Evelyn a she entered
    the room.

Screenshot-47.jpg
    Arthur sat up and stretched, "Ah, morning already is is it?" He pulled
    the covers back. "Thank you, Evelyn."

Screenshot-50.jpg
    The next morning Evelyn was assigned to help with the horses. She arrived at the stables early in the morning.

As she arrives at the stables, she is met by a tall man with a very strong and muscular physique who is currently strapping the bridle and the rest of its equipment onto one of the King's horses. Evelyn, having met many of the royal guards in her first day, realizes that this is the famous and capable knight Sir Lancelot.

Sir Lancelot is known for having a very strong physique, and his combat skills are very good. It is hard to believe that he would be having any trouble navigating a stable, but it would appear that the bridle was proving to be a little tricky.

Evelyn approached the stables. "Good morning, My name is Evelyn and I was asked to help out this morning." She said.

Sir Lancelot nods to her.

"My name is Lancelot, and I am the best knight that ever lived. It is a pleasure to work beside such a fine and beautiful maiden."

Screenshot-57.jpg
    After working on the bridle, Evelyn helped brush, clean hooves, feed the horses and clean the stables. While they were working, Arthur decided to stop by to see how Evelyn was doing.

Screenshot-58.jpg
    When he sees the amount of work that Evelyn has done in such a short time, he is left speechless.

"I must say, you have done an immense amount of work, and in a very short time too. I am deeply impressed by your skills, Evelyn. You will make a wonderful member of the royal court, and I am glad you are here. May I ask how you manage to do so much?" He looks at her, and the other horses are in immaculate shape, and their stall is spotless.

"I'm used to working. When you live alone, you get used to do things for yourself." She gently pet the horse, rubbing its neck.

The horse seems very placid, almost enjoying the neck rubs that Evelyn gives it.

"I see. That is very admirable of you, to learn so much on your own and do so much work on your own. You must have been very lonely in your life. Tell me, Evelyn, what was your family like?" He asks, the gentleness in his voice and his face very obvious. Over the past couple of days, he has been very kind to her, and this kind of warmth of his voice is a clear sign of his adoration for his new maid.

He looks deeply moved by what Evelyn just told him.

"I am sorry you had to go through that, Evelyn. As your King, I want you to know that you will never have to worry about anything like that ever again, and that I will always be here for you. If you ever need me, or you ever need someone to talk to, I will always be here. My door will always be open for you, and I will always take your words to heart." He makes sure to always look back at Evelyn and into her eyes when he tells her this."

Ok, this one is for @bekkasan @Silverofdreams30 @meerkattime and other admirers. ;)<3

Oh my goodness gracious I am swooning HARD over here!!

fanning-self.gif

I added Landon Adams from my Christmas story this past year to the world of Praaven and dressed him up as one of the King's royal knights.

Y'all seriously...WOO! :love:

52677386387_30be88e97d_b.jpg

52677896436_d20c172850_b.jpg

52677386127_4a80532f92_b.jpg

52677896071_75a1e9ebae_b.jpg

heart-drool-emoji.png

Forget King Arthur, Sir Lancelot, Sir Gawaine, or even Chase - the lowly Blacksmith...

💗SIR LANDON TAKE ME AWAY ON YOUR NOBLE STEED!💗

:joy::p
    edited February 2023
    @emorrill

Ohhh, he fits well in the medieval
    theme" Handsome man!¨
    also enjoyed the other update!

I have nothing worthy to post atm, just been testing
    CC, removing cc, adding cc, testing cc!

*LOL*
  • wendyyi1wendyyi1 Posts: 579 Member
    emorrill wrote: »
    So I had completely forgotten about this cc bird perch I found years ago and I don't even remember where I did, but I LOVE it! <3
    52677387177_ca9a7a370e_c.jpg
    @emorrill That looks like the one from Mspoodle
    https://mspoodle1.wixsite.com/mspoodle/product-page/the-sims-medieval-conversion

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top