Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What happened in your sims 3 game today?

Comments

• krabby_pattiesskrabby_pattiess Posts: 358 Member
    Tinypic is a good photo sharing website!
    My blog where you can catch my simming: https://caitsims.wordpress.com/
  • misty4mmisty4m Posts: 2,266 Member
    Thank you @emorrill
    new.png
    edited February 2023
    My little family heading to the festival.

6.png

Toddlers enjoying their self at the festival.

8.png

new.png
  • Silverofdreams30Silverofdreams30 Posts: 7,200 Member
    @emorrill

Good, you fixed that deer bug, I remember now I also have had
    a black deer in the game it is such an annoying bug sometimes.
    I love the shot of the deer jumping, it looked so happy.
  • SprottenhamSprottenham Posts: 1,143 Member
    @meerkattime Thanks for the comment. ;)

Haha, well maybe Ingmar has some inner bohemian, though I do see him as more of a dorky forgetful guy. He probably just forgot about time... :P

Yep, Frida had something to cover up..
    OOaeb1n.jpg
    Here is the picture where she thinks about the juiced moodlet. (Not shown in the original post, simply to limit the amount of screenshots.)
    ..and it's not just a regular juiced moodlet, nope, it's the super juiced one. Grandmas been going for the hard stuff...

..yeah, I suppose my sims sometimes do tend to be a bit on the neurotic side. :P Both Robert and BjΓΈrn-Yngve are thankful for the birthday wishes. ;)

@Shadow_Assassin Oh, I didn't know. :/ But it looks like you could upload a few more pictures later, so I guess it works out.

@emorrill Haha, ok. Hmm, I don't know to much about medieval times but I would imagine it would take a lot of time to make a newspaper that could be distributed without proper printing technology? So it likely wasn't a daily issue... :P

I did some work on the stroller this morning. I wasn't really sure if I could even make it into something that worked in game without being broken, so I tested it with great excitement... ;)

jxlYXC2.jpg
    ..and it looks fine. Not broken, so far. Now..

uKwfmQt.jpg
    "No sweetie, I won't take you inside to play with the toilet.. It's such a lovely day, you and I, we're going to go for a little walk.."

35bRBQY.jpg
    "Ooopsie daisie!"
    Toddler in place, mom can push the cart, so far so good... now, let's see where you put your hands, little one..

HwmJuFU.jpg
    Oh... there you go.. well, this one could need some adjustment. I'll look at it again later, now I'll take a break and do something else, but atleast now I think I should be able to do it. ;)

And of course, now I see that moms hands aren't perfectly in place either, but.. I think I'll just leave that one as is... and yeah, the toddler still has her feet through that thing at the bottom..
    th1das9.png
    Sub blogs: #01 Sunset Valley. #02: Lake Onebega #03: Sprottenham #04: Bewickton
  • emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,119 Member
    @GraceyManor Wow! What a dramatic start to your story there. :smiley: Arthur just looked - and well, sounded - hot! :p I look forward to more. :blush:

@Bluegayle Pretty horsies. <3

@Silverofdreams30 Thanks girl. Now you know the fix. :kissing_heart:

@misty4m You're welcome. :blush: Cute pics of the family at the festival.

@Sprottenham Oh wow, look at you making some progress with the stroller! :smiley: It's awesome already!
    I can't remember how the parent's hands looked on there, I'd have to go back to my pictures and see. :p
    But yeah if you're able to lower the bar a little to where it looks like the toddlers hands are gripping it, perfection! :star: If not, I like it better already simply knowing there's a bar there to keep baby from falling out. :relieved:
    And I think the baby's feet going into the cart like that is unavoidable. It's all good. :)
    Thanks for working on it! πŸ’œ
    52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg
  • GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,080 Member
    @emorrill
    Thanks! Glad you think Arthur looked and sounded hot. :D
    edited February 2023

Screenshot-41.jpg

Odette was passed out in the shop, from being overworked and underpaid.
    The shopkeeper works her 11 hours a day and she gets none of her pay.

Screenshot-43.jpg
    Eventually, it is morning. Evelyn has to rest and sleep, because otherwise the shopkeeper will keep her working until she passes out from exhaustion.

The sun rises, and then the door opens, and the King arrives. Sir Lancelot informed him of how poorly the shopkeeper had treated her.

He enters, and the door opens to a much larger figure coming inside.

The king is dressed in his finest clothes and sword with a cloak flowing from his shoulders. He is obviously powerful and strong. The sword on his hip makes a noise against his golden armor as he walks.

His boots echo around the wooden floor of the shop as he walks in.

The clinking of his armor and sword alerts the shopkeeper to the king's presence as he enters. The King sees the girl lying down asleep on the floor, and looks at the shopkeep with disgust.

"Explain yourself." He says coldly. He draws his sword and places it on the counter. "Last time, I gave you a warning. Now, I will take your life if you do not provide me with an explanation for why this girl is unconscious on your floor."

Screenshot-44.jpg
    The shopkeeper looks over at Evelyn. "She works long hours, in order to pay off her debt, sir."
    His boots echo around the wooden floor of the shop as he walks in.

Screenshot-45.jpg
    He lets out a low growling breath as he holds the sword.

"And now that the girl will be paying her debt as you demanded, you have her working all day and night with no pay or rest? You are the worst kind of merchant. One that preys on the poor and defenseless.
    "I sentence you to death. You have lost all right to be called a shopkeeper. You have no honor and will die the same way."
    With that, the king draws his sword and runs the shopkeeper through. The merchant falls to the floor.

Screenshot-47.jpg
    The king looks down at where the shopkeeper had been. He sheaths his sword and picks up the girl.
    "Poor girl. Look what happened because of this greedy merchant. I will take you to Castle Camelot, where I am sure my kingdom will have use for your skill, not to mention a kind bed, hot food, and rest."
    He carries her out to his carriage, and brings her back to his palace.
    Post edited by GraceyManor on
  • SprottenhamSprottenham Posts: 1,143 Member
    @emorrill I suppose I could upload whatever I have done so far, but since the goal (for me) was to have it look like the toddlers rests its hands on something, I didn't want to say I was finished, so... attempt two:

uLs1hxw.jpg
    I thought I had to add another bar a little lower and a little closer to the toddler. I assume the height is about right, but it ended up being to close.. so.. if I just move what I added a little further away, then it might just... that's the tricky part now, figuring out where to place the bars without knowing excactly where they're gonna go. ;)
    th1das9.png
    Sub blogs: #01 Sunset Valley. #02: Lake Onebega #03: Sprottenham #04: Bewickton

Hey has anyone noticed they changed the way the text books look?

I don't see any option to insert photos anymore.

• lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,278 Member

@GraceyManor, there is a thread over in the Forum Ideas and Feedback section that someone created this past week where EA_Cade has an explanation on the new forum features.

Yeeeah cause we need to be able to insert pictures. 😬

So far I don't like it at all. Then again, I don't generally like changes anyway... πŸ˜›

I'm just testing something here...

^Why does my picture look like that? And how can I make it bigger?

They are using a dumb blocks system like they use on WordPress which I try to avoid... πŸ™„

At least I figured out the strike through (You gotta highlight the text and the option will show up, as well as to bold or italicize. And what happened to it correcting your spelling?

Oh and we can't Preivew our poses before posting. That needs to get fixed pronto.

I don't like this...

edited February 2023

Ok. So since I use flickr I have to find a weird workaround to get my pictures to show up at their right size. Basically I pasted the BBCode on here (in my preferred size), but had to delete everything before and after the bolded part of the link (below), then hit enter, to go to another paragraph, to get it to show up. Wow....

[url=https://flic.kr/p/2of3jaK][img]https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/52667423725_a7ee4471da_c.jpg[/img][/url][url=https://flic.kr/p/2of3jaK]Deer Fix (12)[/url] by [url=https://www.flickr.com/photos/159392923@N04/]Emily Morrill[/url], on Flickr

Hope that helps some of you who use flickr.

Same here. The only way I'm able to post pictures is if I right click on my image when I have the image box up on my imgur page like this and then click on 'Copy Image' and then paste here without using the 'Insert Media' box that the new system provides. When I do it this way, I can click on the image and it brings up a box that allows me to adjust the size from small, medium or large.

Float to the left.

Float to right------>

I don't like the fact that I don't see a 'Preview' option before we can decide to post our postings.

edited February 2023

Now if you're using a different image hosting site like say, postimg.cc , you just copy the link address and paste it here:

Then hit Enter, to go to a new paragraph, and it shows up. Viola! (Much easier than Flickr, but I be using Flickr mostly for posting these days because I trust it more.)

This picture is for you @bekkasan 😁

Oh and you choose your emojis down below. vvvv I do like that there are more options there.

Gotta keep calm and sim on everyone. πŸ˜‰πŸ˜˜ We got this! ⭐

Looks like I will go back to posting my stories on Facebook I do not like the change.

edited February 2023

Ohhhh I see @lisasc360 Thank you for the info, and with visuals even. πŸ‘οΈ

Edit to add: Well it doesn't look like it works that way for Flickr users by using the "share image" option. Bummer.

Guess there's going to be a lot of trial and error for us all when it comes to posting in the next couple of days...

@GraceyManor I understand girl, but don't give up just yet. Play around with the new features in the comment box and see what you can discover. Like I just did. 😜

• ZhakiraPZhakiraP Posts: 1,439 Member

I updated my Legacy thread over at the Stories forum, we can post pictures there it seems. 😝

Please pop in for a visit if you are interested 😊

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/967908/my-crumplebottom-helgason-legacy#latest

53218870167_a5d450f1db_h.jpg

You're welcome @emorrill... :) It's still a bit of a struggle as we can't seem to add pictures to spoilers like we're use to. I think EA_Cade did say over in that thread that he will update us with a new thread once he's had a chance to figure out how the new system works. So keep a look out for if and when he makes that post... :)

edited February 2023

Testing text. This is really annoying, the site is no longer user friendly. Why fix what isn't broke?

random tests just to see how it works. Please do ignore this, just trying to write a paragraph like I would for my stories.

Testing more texts. Not a happy camper LOL

Anyways, enjoy some bloopers from Praaven/Camelot XD

I do like that I can adjust image size, but I don't like not having the typical way of adding photos.

The only thing I don't particularly like about Praaven, is its Castle, the interior isn't decorated very much, like the throne room is just boxes and piles of wood. There's no library or anything in the castle. But with the way the city is designed, you can't just download another one.

edited February 2023

I hope this works.

She wakes up in a warm bed, with a soft pillow beneath her head, clean new clothes, and a bowl of food sitting next to her with a single candle lighting the room.This is unlike how she was living in the shop, and there is even a nice canopy over the bed. It is too comfortable to be in a normal house, and the quality of the room and bed speak of royal money.

A few moments later, the door opens up, and an old man, dressed in the finest clothes, with a gold medallion around his neck, and a golden scepter in his hand, enters the room and speaks with a fatherly tone.

"Good morning, girl. I am Merlin, Arthur's court magician. He sent me to see to you."He places his golden medallion down on the bedside table."That is a royal medallion. King Arthur's crown is the only other one like it in the world. He wants me to take you to his presence."

"Of course Merlin." Evelyn stretches and gets out of bed.

He nods, and then waits for her to get changed. He waits in the living room, and the room has been decorated in the finest style, with several tapestries on the wall, with two windows on either side, and an elegant rug on the floor.Merlin is sitting on a green velvet chair, and the room has a large fireplace. This house is as luxurious as it gets for this area. She quickly changes and returns to Merlin.

Merlin then leads her to the King's study.

Arthur's study is also decorated in the finest way. It has many bookshelves, a large writing desk in the room, another green velvet chair, a fireplace, and several fine tapestries and a painting of a young Arthur. His study is in the same room as the throne room, but it is closed off by a heavy and expensive door.

"Enter, and you will see King Arthur." He opens the door for Evelyn.

Evelyn walks into the room, and her eyes land on this man. He is a young man, maybe 25, but his clothes look expensive, and his sword is sheathed at his side, with the handle on the sword being golden, and with a red jewel in its pommel. He is sitting in his chair, writing something, when he notices Evelyn. He looks up, and his eyes are calm and gentle. You can see his royal medallion, and his face is handsome and strong.

"Welcome, Evelyn. I am King Arthur."

Evelyn gets on one knee and lowers her head. "thank you, your majesty"

King Arthur stands up and walks over, kneeling beside her.

"You don't need to bow before me. You already lost enough dignity in that greedy shopkeepers store. Now please, stand up, and talk to me like a normal person. I would prefer that you just call me Arthur, not 'your majesty.'"

He says with a smile.

I hope this post worked alright.

@ZhakiraP Right on. πŸ‘πŸ» What do you think of the new comment box set up here on the thread? πŸ˜›πŸ˜΅

@GraceyManor How do you tell your Sims stories through Facebook? I'd find that more difficult to do personally. πŸ˜›

Lovely pictures of Praaven. It's such a gorgeous world! 😍 My next project there is to update the castle to my liking. 😁

Great job on the descriptive words in this new story of yours. 😊 πŸ‘πŸ» (I know that dress Evelyn is wearing! πŸ˜€πŸ˜‰ ) I liked what Arthur said here:

"You don't need to bow before me. You already lost enough dignity in that greedy shopkeepers store..."

Good job. ⭐

edited February 2023

Okay everyone, EA_Cade reverted back to the old way of posting now.

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/1006234/whats-up-with-the-comment-box/p6

[quote="EA_Cade;c-18227229"]Yeah. This ain't it.Β 

I've reverted the changes we made last week.Β 

BBCode is dead, long live BBCode.Β 

You'll still see the Rich Text version when editing posts made with it, but new posts should all be back to the good old days now.[/quote]

Burglar showed up at my sims house and got beat-up by the wife lol.

9.png
    10.png

new.png

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top