Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What happened in your sims 3 game today?

Comments

• Options
    SleepstarSleepstar Posts: 816 Member
    edited September 2021
    Decided to put my story on hiatus as for some reason, the Launcher doesn't recognise both Late Night and Showtime as installed. So I decided to uninstall and reinstall The Sims 3 and see if it works that way
    Currently aiming to get all harvestable produce in The Sims 3 (One EP left)Will complete a Legacy one dayhttps://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=katcalls2k907 (My Wishlist)
  • Options
    OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    edited September 2021
    Almost done with my Starlight Shores Roaring Heights makeover :) Some in game screenshots
    Screenshot-162.jpg
    Screenshot-170.jpg
    Screenshot-163.jpg
    Screenshot-165.jpg
    Screenshot-167.jpg
    Screenshot-168.jpg
    Screenshot-188.jpg
    Screenshot-164.jpg
    My favorite sim in the world is just there hiding in the bush, Priscilla.

bush.png
    Screenshot-187.jpg

She's one of the original townies in Starlight Shores, but I kept her there and gave her a 20s makeover!

(None of the builds are my own, they're either from Roaring Heights or the exchange)
  • Options
    SprottenhamSprottenham Posts: 1,143 Member
    This relates to the images I posted in the "last screenshots" thread, but since I am posting more than just one, it goes into this thread. This also does relate to the "People of Simbria" storyline, because these two are Gautes parents (Leonora and Jørund Bråheim). This is just back in time before Gaute was born. ;)

Also, I had searched for and found what I thought was the perfect priest outfit.. only to find that it was for Sims 4 and not 3... so I had to make do with having the priest wear the a differently coloured graduation ceremony outfit instead... if anyone knows of a good priest/priestess costume for sims 3.... ;)

R25oEPn.jpg

"And I hereby pronounce you husband and wife..."

TIa8bSQ.jpg

"You may now kiss the bride..."

HksFwZV.jpg

I love weddings....

c7VX5ep.jpg

..cakes all around.

6QafDJ9.jpg

She got to cut up a cake too. No one should leave the wedding hungry...

flAwWug.jpg
    th1das9.png
    Sub blogs: #01 Sunset Valley. #02: Lake Onebega #03: Sprottenham #04: Bewickton
  • Options
    GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,080 Member
    @Onverser i was just
    Gonna ask if you planned on sharing but I assume
    No since some of the homes are from exchange it looks great!
  • Options
    edited September 2021
    Managed to finally get the problem sorted, so started a new Save (A Reboot of the Molyneux Family). So I have three on-going Saves. Plan to install Mods tomorrow, but have created a Mods Folder. In fact, I played this Save earlier as the Football was on and the cable isn't working at the moment, which means we couldn't watch the results. My team won, not quite out of a relegation battle yet (Currently 13th in the table), but hopefully we will be back in Europe next season.
    Post edited by Sleepstar on
    Currently aiming to get all harvestable produce in The Sims 3 (One EP left)Will complete a Legacy one dayhttps://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=katcalls2k907 (My Wishlist)
  • Options
    lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,284 Member
    edited September 2021
    Hey everyone... :) I've been playing TS4 these past few days trying out the free trial for the Eco Living Pack but of course I'm still popping my head into this thread every chance I get to see everyone's updates of course. So of course I haven't forgotten TS3 as I was in my game on Thursday working on my recreated split-foyer home that I had built in the game back in 2015 just before my hard drive took a nose dive back then, so I went and rebuilt it so that once I get back into my Riverview save I can have my SS and her family purchase the house while still owning the rambler that they're in... :)

Edit to say that I have taken a ton of pictures in my TS4 game that I will create a thread over in The Sims 4 Creative Corner once the free trial is over with come Monday night and then add the link to my thread over in The Sims 3 Creative Corner so that if anyone wants to read my updates for the temporary gameplay then they can... :)
  • Options
    MagnezoneMagnezone Posts: 212 Member
    So a few weeks ago I had this crazy idea to try and complete all Lifetime Wishes in one very large family (for all expansions!). I move out someone once I'm done with their lifetime wish and have a new baby, or make a spouse for one of my sims with one of the wishes I haven't done yet.

I'm currently on 31 (All base game wishes apart from Gold Digger, which I plan to come back to, because I messed it up - it has a bunch of prerequisites like the sims can't be moved in with edit town, the sim has to know the other sims is rich before marrying them, etc etc and I didn't know at the time I was attempting the wish). I'm going through the wishes mostly by order of the expansions they came with, so I'm working on World Adventures right now. Bottomless Nectar Cellar (easy), Great Explorer (hard), Private Museum (goes hand in hand with Great Explorer) and Physical Perfection (almost done with this one!) are the ones I'm currently working on.

I was wondering if anyone else had every done/tried this before?

My favourites to complete were Perfect Garden and Presenting the Perfect Private Aquarium. Easiest were Swimming in Cash and Living in the Lap of Luxury since the answer was just to marry a rich sim (Dallas Shallow in Riverview) which completed both at the same time, lol. Most time-consuming was Jack of All Trades.

I'm scared of Ambitions mostly because Home Design Hotshot is ridiculous - it's obviously possible but it would take forever. I've been playing with aging on (custom lifespan) and honestly I might either have to turn aging off or making my lifespans longer if I have a chance of completing that one as it seems pretty ridiculous. I guess I'll figure out the logistics when I get to that one.
    My blog full of things that never get finished!
    XVlamuQ.png
    Magnezone, the lover of Calientes, Lotharios, Landgraabs and Curiouses everywhere.
  • Options
    CravenLestatCravenLestat Posts: 13,735 Member
    edited September 2021
    @meerkattime You asked for it :D:D

qG0H3Ff.png

My original design

BTW: Just started on creating this girl she is really pretty so far :o might try a few things and post her later she looking cute

EDIT: Love her lips I think they stay so far I am working currently on her eyes trying different looks

EDIT EDIT: Ok so far changed her hair color changed shirt darkened pants color.Left her in same pose

As far as genetically changed her eye shape and eye color and very very slightly raised chin height and gave lil bit thicker brow this is where I am at so far

Mx9NaCg.png

Am still not happy yet but so far pretty good from just starting from a pre made base pudding sim

Still love her lips those are staying I like how they turned out don't want to mess em up

Post edited by CravenLestat on
    I Play Sims 3 On A Potato

DfydFiZ.gif
  • Options
    Last post

Took girl above saved her so not to mess up and regret it then reloaded her and totally went crazy reshaping everything

Kinda cute unique sorta <3 like a homely puppet

3gluuZH.png

Am sleepy or would do more

DfydFiZ.gif
  • Options
    MagnezoneMagnezone Posts: 212 Member
    Magnezone wrote: »
    Great Explorer (hard)

So this wish I might have to completely scrap this one or leave until the end after my experiences today (adding up with past World Adventures experiences). World Adventures tombs cause so many glitches for me. Items not spawning, glitches while traveling, tombs not being enterable, etc. One time traveling completely duplicated my family for some reason. And yeah, I'm done dealing with it. I did the general idea of it. Call it drastic but I'm thinking of completely ditching my current save file and working on a new set of LTWs from a different pack starting tomorrow and coming back to World Adventures later as the glitches have just completely demotivated me on this pack at the moment if I'm being honest.
    My blog full of things that never get finished!
    XVlamuQ.png
    Magnezone, the lover of Calientes, Lotharios, Landgraabs and Curiouses everywhere.
  • Options
    Caity_99Caity_99 Posts: 1 New Member
    Hi, can anyone please help me.

When I'm playing with all cc and Nraas Master Controller mod, my plumbob icon above my sims seem to disappear after playing for one sim day.
    I have reset the sims with (resetsim *) that doesn't help. I then reset the whole town with MC, that doesn't help either.
    Next i removed my downloads folder, mods folder, saved games folder and installed worlds folder to my desktop, and deleted the sims 3 folder.
    Relaunched the sims 3 to start a new sims 3 folder in electronic arts.
    Create a Mods folder in electronic arts and install Nrass Master controller, Error Trap, Overwatch nointro.package and Nobuildsparkles.package. Nothing else.
    Started a new world and played for a few sims days and plumbob was there. Saved the game as well
    Then i installed one hair .package file in my Mods>Packages folder.
    Launch the game play for a one sims day and the plumbob was there, then the next sims day the plumbob would go missing. I did reset the sims with (resetsim *) and it did work for half of the sim day and then the plumbob went missing again, tried to reset with (resetsim *) and didn't work also reset whole town with MC and reset just the Lot with MC, still nothing happened and plumbob was missing. Didn't save the game when the plumbob went missing.
    Next i would quit the game without saving, remove the .package hair file from mods folder, and relaunch the game. Plumbob was there, also played two sims days, and was still there. Saved the game.
    I installed and removed the .packages files with two different hairs and the same thing would happen.

This is my Script Error. When the plumbob goes missing and i didn't save the game.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
    <NRaas.ErrorTrap>
    <ModVersion value="100"/>
    <BuildVersion value="0.0.0.453"/>
    <Installed value="BaseGame, EP3, EP4, SP4, EP5, SP5, EP6, SP7, EP7, EP8, EP9, EP10, SP9, EP11"/>
    <Enumerator value="1"/>
    <Content>

-- Correction Logs --

Destroyed Object Found: Sims3.Gameplay.Objects.Vehicles.CarUsed2
    Destroyed Object Found: Sims3.Gameplay.Objects.Vehicles.CarUsed1
    Destroyed Object Found: Sims3.Gameplay.Objects.Vehicles.CarNormal1
    Destroyed Object Found: Sims3.Gameplay.Objects.CookingObjects.Pot
    Destroyed Object Found: Sims3.Gameplay.Objects.CookingObjects.Bowl
    Destroyed Object Found: Sims3.Gameplay.Objects.Vehicles.CarSedan
    SimDescription Removed: Brownie Horse
    SimDescription Removed: Ancha Little Dog
    SimDescription Removed: Sheba Dog
    SimDescription Removed: Champ Horse
    SimDescription Removed: Mango Cat
    SimDescription Removed: 🐸🐸🐸🐸 Horse
    SimDescription Removed: Wesker Cat
    SimDescription Removed: Snowball Horse
    SimDescription Removed: Lisa Cat
    SimDescription Removed: Ichabod Cat
    SimDescription Removed: Lady Horse

Loaded Assemblies:
    NRaasErrorTrap: Version 100
    NRaasMasterController: Version 134
    NRaasOverwatch: Version 122
    ScriptCore
    SimIFace
    Sims3GameplayObjects
    Sims3GameplaySystems
    Sims3Metadata
    Sims3StoreObjects
    StoreObjectsTreeOfProsperity
    System
    System.Xml
    UI
    mscorlib
    </Content>
    </NRaas.ErrorTrap>
  • Options
    meerkattimemeerkattime Posts: 261 Member
    @Nikkei_Simmer Gotta love those dog faces :smiley: .

@Turjan Enjoyed reading about your gameplay. Fanta-C looks great by the way.

@Brandontaylor I hope you'll have fun with the new save.
    Nothing beats a breakfast at the diner!
    Not a bad price for a painting.
    I like the picture of Eric practicing magic.

@Silverofdreams30 We'll see how many boyfriends the game can handle. Beautiful landscapes. Good luck to Clarissa with the first date candidates!
    Oh, I see, she already found her first partner :) .

@emorrill That's great that your parents are coming over for Christmas :blush: ! They must be excited to see your new house.
    Yeah, that was Lolita Goth in the picture. I would like to resurrect her, but unfortunately Morty didn't agree with me by getting any hearts with the lady :| , so I probably won't do it in this save.
    And yes, I was totally cheering Emily on!! :D:D<3

@GraceyManor "It's not stolen is it?" :D
    She said yes <3 ! Congratulations!

@BlackSand Love that yawning lady :D . She looks so bored!
    Enjoeyd your mummy fighting screenshots :star: .

@Onverser Looks beautiful!

@Sprottenham Congratulations to the newlyweds!

@Magnezone Good luck with the project! Hope you'll have fun while working on it.
    Sorry you're having glitches in the game :/ .

@CravenLestat I did indeed, didn't I ? :p Funny design!
    The sim is lovely too :blush:<3 . She changed quite a lot during the process.
  • Options
    bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member

@Brandontaylor Thanks for the comment on my gnome picture! That one is the spring festival gnome. My sims had gone recently.
    I love the Elvis song you are listening to.
    I do like your makeovers. Looks like you are almost done now.
    I'm just really learning about the caste system and what it can do and can't do. Glad you found the thread to unlink the two mods.
    Looks like you have a lot planned for the families you will play.
    Lovely seeing the Steel's with your start up. Emily is gorgeous and you know I love Christopher. I do hope you enjoy this go round with all of the SV sims you are going to play. I know I'm in the minority, as it is my least favorite world, but it is interesting seeing how everyone plays those sims and gets them together differently.

@GraceyManor eww, Francine is a weird looking dude! I have a sim that scuba dives in a cheerleading dress with snorkel and mask and sneakers on her feet! :open-mouth: Still haven't been able to fix that one. :cry:
    Enjoyed the updates!

@Silverofdreams30 Good luck with the challenge. I'm not good at following rules, even ones I set up so doubtful I could do it. :grin:
    Clarissa is very pretty. She shouldn't have any trouble finding boys. Is there 100 guys in your world?
    Your Bridgeport looks lovely. I hope Clarissa meets lots of lovely guys and has a great time.

@emorrill Comments on your thread. :grin:

@lisasc360 Bummer about the issues with the monitor. Hope you can get if fixed some day soon.

@Turjan :waves:
    lol at all the hearts in your first picture!
    I hope your sims find something to do other than watch tv. :grin:
    Your pictures look great. Rowan is so cute! :love:

@king_of_simcity7 Good luck making Kirsty.

@BlackSand Love mummy fights. Good job taking care of them. :grin:
    Loved the song!

@Onverser Love the makeover of world. I love the Roaring Heights art deco style. Wasn't crazy about the high rises because I like small towns better. You've done a great job with it! I actually redid Roaring Heights in CAW and removed the skyscrapers and made it into a more small town island atmosphere, kinda like where I live. :grin: I didn't work very well as it was my first...and last foray into CAW. :grin: My laptop didn't like it. Now I have a desktop, I may try again some day.

@Sleepstar Good luck with getting things working again.

@Magnezone Good luck with your play and doing the wishes. I've not done them all as I just can't play evil. I've done the ones I like though. I'm also not good at sticking to rules even when I make the rules up. :grin:
    I'm sorry you are experiencing issues with the WA travel and tombs. I love that expansion and play them alot without issues. But, everyone's system is different. I do have traveler mod and other Nraas mods that help with issues that ea never solved. I also turn Nraas SP off in the WA worlds so the sims don't get other jobs etc in the middle of a quest.

@Caity_99 You would probably be much better asking for help on the Nraas boards. I would quit using that hair though if you think it is the problem. Good luck.

@CravenLestat Cute shirt, cute sim! She looks familiar though even though you say she is new.
    I've put Summer Cruz in my Supernatural Island world. I took a picture for you. She's testing the house I'm building in the future area. She will live in the beach part of the world rather than here. I was very impressed with her using the future elevators. She did not fall once while testing them!
    51492344223_0c47ec3f4d_o.jpg
    51493051325_bd0f88c3fc_o.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2021
    Caity_99 wrote: »
    Hi, can anyone please help me.
    When I'm playing with all cc and Nraas Master Controller mod, my plumbob icon above my sims seem to disappear after playing for one sim day.
    I have reset the sims with (resetsim *) that doesn't help. I then reset the whole town with MC, that doesn't help either.
    Next i removed my downloads folder, mods folder, saved games folder and installed worlds folder to my desktop, and deleted the sims 3 folder.
    Relaunched the sims 3 to start a new sims 3 folder in electronic arts.
    Create a Mods folder in electronic arts and install Nrass Master controller, Error Trap, Overwatch nointro.package and Nobuildsparkles.package. Nothing else.
    Started a new world and played for a few sims days and plumbob was there. Saved the game as well
    Then i installed one hair .package file in my Mods>Packages folder.
    Launch the game play for a one sims day and the plumbob was there, then the next sims day the plumbob would go missing. I did reset the sims with (resetsim *) and it did work for half of the sim day and then the plumbob went missing again, tried to reset with (resetsim *) and didn't work also reset whole town with MC and reset just the Lot with MC, still nothing happened and plumbob was missing. Didn't save the game when the plumbob went missing.
    Next i would quit the game without saving, remove the .package hair file from mods folder, and relaunch the game. Plumbob was there, also played two sims days, and was still there. Saved the game.
    I installed and removed the .packages files with two different hairs and the same thing would happen.

This is my Script Error. When the plumbob goes missing and i didn't save the game.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
    <NRaas.ErrorTrap>
    <ModVersion value="100"/>
    <BuildVersion value="0.0.0.453"/>
    <Installed value="BaseGame, EP3, EP4, SP4, EP5, SP5, EP6, SP7, EP7, EP8, EP9, EP10, SP9, EP11"/>
    <Enumerator value="1"/>
    <Content>

-- Correction Logs --

Destroyed Object Found: Sims3.Gameplay.Objects.Vehicles.CarNormal1
    Destroyed Object Found: Sims3.Gameplay.Objects.CookingObjects.Pot
    SimDescription Removed: Ancha Little Dog
    SimDescription Removed: Sheba Dog
    SimDescription Removed: Champ Horse
    SimDescription Removed: Mango Cat
    SimDescription Removed: ❤️❤️❤️❤️ Horse
    SimDescription Removed: Wesker Cat
    SimDescription Removed: Snowball Horse
    SimDescription Removed: Lisa Cat
    SimDescription Removed: Ichabod Cat
    SimDescription Removed: Lady Horse

Loaded Assemblies:
    NRaasErrorTrap: Version 100
    NRaasMasterController: Version 134
    NRaasOverwatch: Version 122
    ScriptCore
    SimIFace
    Sims3GameplayObjects
    Sims3GameplaySystems
    Sims3Metadata
    Sims3StoreObjects
    StoreObjectsTreeOfProsperity
    System
    System.Xml
    UI
    mscorlib
    </Content>
    </NRaas.ErrorTrap>

@Caity_99, it would be best to post your issue over in this thread that I will provide for you so that we can keep this thread on topic with stuff that happens in the Sims 3 game.
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/976212/thread-for-new-members-to-post-their-sims-3-game-issues-2020-version#latest

Or it might be best to go over to the NRaas site and post over there so that the mod people can help you.
    https://www.nraas.net/community/home
    Post edited by lisasc360 on
  • Options
    Silverofdreams30Silverofdreams30 Posts: 7,201 Member
    @meerkattime

100 is quite a lot so I doubt I play it that far haha,
    but yeah she's got one so far.

@bekkasan

Nope, but doubt I play it al that way 100 is quite a lot
    I may have to move worlds after a while.
  • Options
    @bekkasan You prolly thinking her??

MKaIeos.png

Or her

CvAqKBU.png

DfydFiZ.gif
  • Options
    OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    @Onverser i was just
    Gonna ask if you planned on sharing but I assume
    No since some of the homes are from exchange it looks great!

I was planning on sharing it when it's finished :) Hopefully should be soon
  • Options
    @bekkasan I managed to get things to work but I won't install the Mods until my sister is off work next. I should be playing later today, but won't on Wednesday due to the football.
  • Options
    emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,121 Member
    edited September 2021
    Good morning and happy Monday everyone! :mrgreen:

Daughter is home sick from school today. :( Most likely it's just her allergies flaring up, but you can't be too careful these days in our COVID stricken world...

Thought I would share a song for fun before making comments to send you all off on a trip down memory lane. :smirk: Heard it in the background of a Scrubs episode and I was like, "Oh my gosh, I haven't heard that one in YEARS!" If I recall it was released before my time, (yep 1980, 5 years before) but anything Billy Joel is a classic, am I right? :p I forgot how "oh my" the music video gets. :open_mouth:

I actually didn't initially realize it was Billy Joel who sang the song...(My husband looked at me like, "Really??" 🤨 ) He has so many different singing styles that he throws me for a loop sometimes. :lol:

Anyhoo, Enjoy!
    Or if you don't feel like listening, scroll on. :p

@Silverofdreams30 I look forward to more of your 100 Boyfriends Challenge. (Sorry, I refuse to use the word Bae. :unamused: ) :p

@GraceyManor Whoops sorry, I thought you were playing in Los Angeles... :confused:
    Yay for avoiding the Error 12s! :star:
    Try as I might to avoid TSR, I can't. :lol: So I made a rule to only download items from Featured Artists. You know if the cc is featured, it's not corrupt. :p
    Nice boat. 👍
    I absolutely LOVE this picture! <3
    Screenshot-222.jpg

@Brandontaylor This version of Christopher looks so...sophisticated. I'm not sure how I feel about that...turned off or turned on. :smirk::p;)
    Enjoyed the update. :)

@king_of_simcity7 I saw you pop in... :smirk: Whatcha up to?

@BlackSand That was an amusing mummy fight. :lol:

@Onverser Your town makeover looks great. :star:

@Sprottenham What a pretty wedding. :)

@lisasc360 Your new avatar pic. :lol: Steamy dumpster kiss eh?

@Magnezone Kudos to you for trying to accomplish every lifetime wish! :star: That's awesome! It takes a level of patience that I don't have. :lol:
    Totally understandable scratching the Great Explorer one. I've heard it is a very hard one to complete for exactly the reasons you stated. Unfortunate. :(

@CravenLestat The "Winnie the Poo" shirt! :joy:
    Hmm, I think I liked her lips better before (when she was wearing the poo shirt. :p )
    I responded to you on my story thread. :blush:

@meerkattime Yes. I am so close to my parents and it's always a joy to have them come and be in their presence. <3<3
    Darn Morty didn't get hearts for her. Maaaaybe...it's because he was familiar with her history with his grandfather (was it?) :flushed::lol:
    Hee hee. Emily said what we all think about Haley. :lol:

@bekkasan Sometimes I think I should just add ITF to my game already (I got the disk from Charlottesmom which was so sweet. <3 ). I just...don't want a lot of the content in my game you know? Wish I could pick and choose. :confused:
    52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg
  • Options
    Silverofdreams30Silverofdreams30 Posts: 7,201 Member
    @emorrill

yup,
    I use boyfriends too, I cant stand the word Bae haha! :D
  • Options

@emorrill,
    Yup, I thought it was cute that he kissed her before pulling her all the way into the dumpster for trying for baby in the dumpster. I do have to admit that TS4 has it's pro's and cons when it comes to the game. The 'try for baby in dumpster' came with the Eco Living pack and when I saw it, it was like "What the heck?" and then had him suggest to her to try it out. Boy I was laughing way to hard when they were in there doing the deed. But then the interactions that they have afterwards was so cute as well as they got thrown out of the dumpster when they are done and landed on top of each other. He then proceeds to help her up and then plucks off a piece of garbage that she had on her shoulder. Of course after watching them in the dumpster, I was wondering why no one has created a mod for Sims 3 that allows them to do that... :blush:
  • Options
    emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,121 Member
    @Silverofdreams30
    yup,
    I use boyfriends too, I cant stand the word Bae haha! :lol:
    ^Right on girl. :blush:

@lisasc360
    lisasc360 wrote: »
    @emorrill,
    Yup, I thought it was cute that he kissed her before pulling her all the way into the dumpster for trying for baby in the dumpster. I do have to admit that TS4 has it's pro's and cons when it comes to the game. The 'try for baby in dumpster' came with the Eco Living pack and when I saw it, it was like "What the heck?" and then had him suggest to her to try it out. Boy I was laughing way to hard when they were in there doing the deed. But then the interactions that they have afterwards was so cute as well as they got thrown out of the dumpster when they are done and landed on top of each other. He then proceeds to help her up and then plucks off a piece of garbage that she had on her shoulder. Of course after watching them in the dumpster, I was wondering why no one has created a mod for Sims 3 that allows them to do that... :blush:

^Is that how Hipsters are making babies these days...? :grimace:
    (Sorry, I couldn't help it! :joy: )

I like that TS4 has incorporated many more interactions. :) That one however, I'd probably have my sims do once just to see how it goes, but never again. Ewwww! 🤢 No one could pay me enough to make love to my man in a dumpster!
    (This girl worked at McDonalds in her teens and walking near that smell every single day...gave me ZERO desire to get close to it, let alone inside of it. :flushed: )
    Glad you're having fun with the game. :blush:
    52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg
  • Options
    BrandontaylorBrandontaylor Posts: 4,773 Member
    edited September 2021
    Been a bit busy lately so didn't have time to do any feedback until now. Listening to more Elvis again while reading everyone's updates. I'm currently listening to the Blue Hawaii soundtrack from his 1961 movie, then his March 25, 1961 concert to raise money for the USS Arizona Memorial. I have an update to post as well after finishing comments.

@GraceyManor Yikes, never heard of Sims changing gender like that. I hope you figured it out by the time I post this.
    Well, at least they don't have to rob the cruise ship now.
    Yay, she kissed him!
    I see Trevor is useful for some things.
    Congrats on the engagement!

@Sprottenham Agathi has an ugly cry, lol. Just kidding, but it does look funny. :lol:
    Poor guy doesn't realized that people usually don't come to your house to tip.
    Like the crib design in that picture with Orinder.
    Great update!

@Silverofdreams30 Thanks!

This is my character

7ZVyxtf.jpg
    This Bin Sim is who I used for Emily in all the saves with her, plus the current one. Although, I did a few edits to her this time around. Love what you did with her!
    Nice scenery pics.
    Well, looks like she wasn't lucky at the gym.
    Great update!

@emorrill Looks like your couples are getting comfortable now.
    Yeah, switching partners for a bit might be hard if they don't know each other so well.
    I think Shane will be a better caregiver to Jas now when he returns home.
    Harvey and Emily really changed him for the better.
    I think Sam wants round two with Maru. :wink:
    You know, even though it is something you made up for your story, those service Sims always do seem like androids anyway. Pretty much glued to their area.
    Party's starting to get wild now. :lol:
    Good, Emily needs to stop Haley before things get too out of hand.
    I think that drink was a bit too powerful for Haley.
    I know the words are hurtful but maybe now Haley will rethink how she treats people and will become a better person.
    I kind of wondered if Haley didn't love Alex.
    Glad to see that someone talked with Alex. He seemed really hurt.
    Great update!
    I think I will try the bubble machine. Got to find a place to put it, but I'm switching some things around in Sunset Valley so I may find a spot.
    You're welcome.
    I think I had a link bookmarked that you had given me before for hair, but it was on my old PC so I lost it. Thanks for sharing this one, will check it out.
    I remember the first time I heard the song was on the Country Music Associations (CMA) Awards show in November of 2001. I remember that Vince Gill was the host back then and he introduced the song with that story. Alan and his wife also wrote about it in their book too.
    I know. He's still waiting on insurance today. They just now put an insurance adjustor on the truck but they haven't even looked at it yet. It's just sitting at an autobody place here in town until they look at it and get things settled. Of course, there isn't any fixing to it, it's too damaged for that.

@meerkattime Thanks! I actually included Terry in my rotation families so we'll get to see him acting goofy some more.

@Nikkei_Simmer This version of Haruo isn't so lucky, lol
    Poor dogs can't figure out why they get put in these situations. :lol:
    Nice job on your lady Sim!

@lisasc360 That stinks that your monitor quit. I always fear a storm causing that for me when I leave my computer plugged in.
    I hated the way Sims played on my old laptop, it had a not very good graphics card so I understand what you're talking about when you mention slow Sims and having to lower graphics.
    Hopefully things will go better soon.

@Turjan Wow, they all are in love with someone. Lots of hearts.
    Lazy Sims, always having to take a taxi to cross the road.
    Great update!

***A couple of the songs I listened to from Elvis, if you want to listen to them.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vGJTaP6anOU
    Can't Help Falling In Love is probably my favorite Elvis love song he ever recorded. It is from the movie Blue Hawaii, but in Elvis' concerts from the late 1960's to his death, Elvis used a faster version to close out his shows.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lWWZSu4e5cI
    Little Sister is a song Elvis recorded not too long after the songs for the Blue Hawaii soundtrack. In more recent times, country singer Dwight Yoakam covered this song. He also covered Suspicious Minds, another Elvis tune from 1969.
  • Options
    BrandontaylorBrandontaylor Posts: 4,773 Member
    @BlackSand Alissa did a good job against the mummy.
    Looks like they had a nice time taking down mummies.
    Great update!

@Onverser Great job on the town makeovers.

@Sprottenham Great wedding pictures.

@Magnezone I had thought about trying it once, but haven't yet. There are some I've never even done before.

@CravenLestat Great job on the Sim and the shirt! I've been thinking about what I want to put on a shirt, but I really want to try to make some of my own stuff someday.

@meerkattime So far I am, but I've only played one day.
    I know. Plus, it got them out of the house to do something.
    No, it's not. Of course, it helps that by the time this save starts, she has maxed her painting skill.
    Me too, although I wished I'd have had him change his clothes. He was still in the work ones.

@bekkasan You're welcome.
    It's one of my favorites from that time period, although I have many. Unfortunately, I'm getting close to the point in Elvis' career where Colonel Parker was having him make movies around his songs. Some of the Elvis movie songs are goofy ones, although there are some great ones out there, like Can't Help Falling in Love, Jailhouse Rock, and several other movie songs.
    At least for now, I am done with makeovers. I'm adding some more CC hair soon, so some Sims may get different hair later, especially the males. I mostly have female hairs right now. Of course, when babies age up, makeovers will be done for them too.
    Same here. I actually followed the caste setup @igazor shared on the NRaas mods site.
    I do have some plans, although I'm leaving some things up to the Sims themselves.
    Some interesting couples come out of a playthrough like this. Of course, SP did a lot of the setup for this version. I got to try out some other worlds soon, though.
    Awesome pics with Summer Cruz!

@CravenLestat Nice looking Sims!

@emorrill It's definitely a different look for Christopher than I'm used to. However, I got a bit used to it with Christian, his clone in the other save.
    Thanks! I'm actually thinking I may do two days instead of 3 with each family, at least for the first round of rotation.

***All caught up! Playing in a mess around game for a little bit, then will post my update from the other day.
  • Options
    emorrill wrote: »
    Silverofdreams30
    yup,
    I use boyfriends too, I cant stand the word Bae haha! :lol:
    ^Right on girl. :blush:

@lisasc360
    lisasc360 wrote: »
    @emorrill,

^Is that how Hipsters are making babies these days...? :grimace:
    (Sorry, I couldn't help it! :joy: )

I like that TS4 has incorporated many more interactions. :) That one however, I'd probably have my sims do once just to see how it goes, but never again. Ewwww! 🤢 No one could pay me enough to make love to my man in a dumpster!
    (This girl worked at McDonalds in her teens and walking near that smell every single day...gave me ZERO desire to get close to it, let alone inside of it. :flushed: )
    Glad you're having fun with the game. :blush:

@emorrill,
    lmbo...lol I guess they are...lol

Yeah, same here. I had my Sims at home cooking together, she cooked the macaroni while he fixed the cheese sauce that went over it. I just thought was so cute that they were cooking together... :) I agree with that which is why I decided to try it out just to see what they do while in the dumpster. I suppose the only other times that I would had my Sims doing that would be if I had played them as a poor couple who couldn't afford a bed to sleep, but since I don't own the Eco Lifestyle pack, they won't be doing that anymore in the trash dumpster. Oh I used to work for a seafood restaurant when I first graduated from HS and remember the disgusting smells coming from the trash dumpster... :grimace:

Of course now that the free trial is over with, I'm going to try play with those Sims but I need to recreate them first as I was dumb enough to save the save that didn't have the Eco Pack attached to it. When EA gives these trial periods for a pack and you add it to your game and start a game with existing sims, it creates a separate save using the added pack so that your original save can be played with after the trial is over with. Once the trial is over with, you can still click on the play button but a box will come up letting you know that if you play the game without the pack that your game could become corrupt and unplayable until you decide to buy the pack.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top